Spoilers

Great book from what I read but just a couple questions:
when does his family find out about his powers
what girls join his harem

Can't think about anymore been a couple days since I read it, overall its a great and if you haven't tried it out yet I would recommend it no harm done if you don't like it.  

Comments

• can someone with the power, transfer the spoiler thread, in the spoiler section, to this forum? would help keep at least some of these questions from being asked again.
  • Great book from what I read but just a couple questions:

when does his family find out about his powers
    what girls join his harem

Can't think about anymore been a couple days since I read it, overall its a great and if you haven't tried it out yet I would recommend it no harm done if you don't like it.  
    3 shangguan sisters
    some witch girl
    a tiger who can transform herself into a human

• Does he always primarily use a bow as his main weapon, or does he later branch out and use the bow more as a secondary weapon?
  • genisx09 said:

Does he always primarily use a bow as his main weapon, or does he later branch out and use the bow more as a secondary weapon?

the bow is his main ranged weapon, he also uses a melee weapon
  • Can Each of his Elemental Jewels store 6 skills or just one
  • Bumm805 said:

Can Each of his Elemental Jewels store 6 skills or just one

obviously each can store 6 skills. one for each element. he stored 5 skills in the only one he's got so that should have been the answer to your question.
  • Vexram said:

Bumm805 said:

obviously each can store 6 skills. one for each element. he stored 5 skills in the only one he's got so that should have been the answer to your question.
    yep and the only reason he didn't store the 6th cause he has no clue what his 6th element is yet 
  • Vexram said:

Bumm805 said:

yep and the only reason he didn't store the 6th cause he has no clue what his 6th element is yet 
    Thanks
  • Hi can anyone please elaborate the strength of our MC? just can't understand what type of powers are there in this novel, just got a vague idea. Having trouble reading this novel. please... 
  • akachunu said:

Hi can anyone please elaborate the strength of our MC? just can't understand what type of powers are there in this novel, just got a vague idea. Having trouble reading this novel. please... 

This is difficult to answer because his strength changes as he cultivates and adds heavenly jewels. 

At the start of the novel before he becomes a cultivator he is still a very skilled archer. He was trained in survival, wilderness and archery by an elite warrior of the empire. He does not show this because he is bitter about not being a practitioner and also a bit of a lecher.

When he swallows the black tiger pearl and becomes a practitioner he has an immense power up. As a first level practitioner because he has six elements including three rare: darkness, space and time he is probably at the very top of his level and can fight against higher level practitioners. Additionly the Black Tiger Pearl starts to change his body giving him some of the abilities of the black tiger. On top of that it is an overlord beast so his aura can suppress other magic beasts.

I have only read up to the beginning of the school arc but from spoilers and such I believe he will be totally OP as he gains more Jewels.
  • So can someone explain the jewels to me?

So he has Element on one arm and Power on the other.
    He has six elements jewel and pure strength type jewel right?

So how does he advance in rank? Gain another Jewel on each arm because I believe he has 1 on each right now to make 2. So he gains another 2 in order to have 4?

And the powers?
    He can store weapons in the Power Jewel right? He only has one Power Jewel so could only store the Bow.
    And he can store powers/skills in the element jewel from beasts right? Since he has 6 elements he can store 6 skills (1 for each element) so each time he gets another Jewel he can store another 6 skills. Also does his current skills get stronger (power/range) or is that it?

Am I mistaken about anything or miss anything?

And how many Jewels max can one have on each arm?
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • So can someone explain the jewels to me?

So how does he advance in rank? Gain another Jewel on each arm because I believe he has 1 on each right now to make 2. So he gains another 2 in order to have 4?

And the powers?
    He can store weapons in the Power Jewel right? He only has one Power Jewel so could only store the Bow.
    And he can store powers/skills in the element jewel from beasts right? Since he has 6 elements he can store 6 skills (1 for each element) so each time he gets another Jewel he can store another 6 skills. Also does his current skills get stronger (power/range) or is that it?

many of the questions you've asked have been answered in the translated parts.

first question: yes

since he's practicing a rare and suicidal path of power, undying immortal or some shit like that, he advances in rank a little differently than other jewel masters, but all jewel masters advance the same way. they cultivate heavenly energy and advance to a higher tier of power, every 3 tiers of power a new jewel is given for normal jewel masters, and one physical and elemental are given for heavenly jewel masters. (i think it's still 3 tiers for heavenly jewel masters)

(it's physical not power) but yeah the physical jewels store physical things like armor and weapons. yes. yes. yes. yes, it was said, quite clearly and bluntly in fact, that as an elemental/heavenly jewel master's power increases, so does the power of skills stored inside the elemental jewels. so unless it's a bad skill, older skills will never become outdated.

for non-heavenly jewel masters the max number of jewels is 9 (all on 1 arm). for heavenly jewel masters the max is 12 on each arm for a total of 24. but advancing past 9 jewels each is super hard to do. it's been a while since i read this part so i could have messed up and both normal and heavenly could have 12 jewels on an arm.
  • Vexram said:

So can someone explain the jewels to me?

And the powers?

since he's practicing a rare and suicidal path of power, undying immortal or some shit like that, he advances in rank a little differently than other jewel masters, but all jewel masters advance the same way. they cultivate heavenly energy and advance to a higher tier of power, every 3 tiers of power a new jewel is given for normal jewel masters, and one physical and elemental are given for heavenly jewel masters. (i think it's still 3 tiers for heavenly jewel masters)

(it's physical not power) but yeah the physical jewels store physical things like armor and weapons. yes. yes. yes. yes, it was said, quite clearly and bluntly in fact, that as an elemental/heavenly jewel master's power increases, so does the power of skills stored inside the elemental jewels. so unless it's a bad skill, older skills will never become outdated.

for non-heavenly jewel masters the max number of jewels is 9 (all on 1 arm). for heavenly jewel masters the max is 12 on each arm for a total of 24. but advancing past 9 jewels each is super hard to do. it's been a while since i read this part so i could have messed up and both normal and heavenly could have 12 jewels on an arm.
    Thanks for the answers. I think one other difference between JM and HJM is that JM gain new jewels every three levels and HJMs require four levels. That is why he awakened at level four and not three.
  • Vexram said:

So can someone explain the jewels to me?

And the powers?

No need to be snippy. Just asking and I got most of it. Some of it I just wanted to clarify.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • edited November 2015

No need to be snippy. Just asking and I got most of it. Some of it I just wanted to clarify.

believe it or not, i wasn't being snippy. if i was i would have just said, read the translated parts. instead i answered everything.

Thanks for the answers. I think one other difference between JM and HJM is that JM gain new jewels every three levels and HJMs require four levels. That is why he awakened at level four and not three.

im not very sure on this. the reason being if they advanced every 4 levels. that would mean that they would need 9 more levels than normal jewel masters to reach 9 jewels. this on it's own is not a big deal buuutt. the levels of power are limited, and more so for the MC who can only open so many death points, (there is only 36 death points after all).

i know HJM's need to reach lvl 4 to awaken but after that i think they only need 3 lvls to advance, so instead of advancing at lvl 6 for normal JM's, HJM's advance at lvl 7. but like i said. im not sure, i don't think it was explained very clearly when bing'er was monologueing it. i will re-read that part and correct myself if needed.
  • "many of the questions you've asked have been answered in the translated parts"

"yes. yes. yes. yes, it was said, quite clearly and bluntly in fact"

Maybe not the first one but the second one?

Whatever. If you say so. Thanks for clarifying about the Jewels
  • the main reason i put that in there was because the way you asked that question made it seem like you missed it and i was just surpised, i know it happens though so i wasn't really holding it against you. there are a lot of people who skim read and miss a lot of details.

"many of the questions you've asked have been answered in the translated parts"
    i put this at the start for 2 reasons. one being so people know that they can find the answers if they want, after all it's only 18 chapters so far, not a whole lot they have to read through. and two, because i felt it needed to be said.

if it sounds snippy, then it's snippy i guess.
  • Vexram said:

Vexram said:

believe it or not, i wasn't being snippy. if i was i would have just said, read the translated parts. instead i answered everything.

im not very sure on this. the reason being if they advanced every 4 levels. that would mean that they would need 9 more levels than normal jewel masters to reach 9 jewels. this on it's own is not a big deal buuutt. the levels of power are limited, and more so for the MC who can only open so many death points, (there is only 36 death points after all).

i know HJM's need to reach lvl 4 to awaken but after that i think they only need 3 lvls to advance, so instead of advancing at lvl 6 for normal JM's, HJM's advance at lvl 7. but like i said. im not sure, i don't think it was explained very clearly when bing'er was monologueing it. i will re-read that part and correct myself if needed.
    I looked just for kicks. Chapter 7.3, Regular Jewel Masters wake at level 3 then they get their next jewels two levels (lvl 5) later and then three levels for each additional jewel. HJM awaken at level four and then need four levels for each set. Since they get two jewels per level up they are still more powerful but I do think it is rare for them to get the full set (if I read the description correctly)
  • thanks john. leaves some questions though. since there are only 36 death acupuncture points, that means 9 jewels would be zhou's max. how's he gonna get the last 3?
  • please give RAW link ( no qidian or something which ask for Login or stuff to read some chapters ... )
  • I read few of the spoilers above... I have a doubt though, what happens to Ru Se? I mean, I was one hundred percent sure Weiping would find a way to let her jewels awaken, and then add her to his harem.
  • edited November 2015
    How long does the school arc in jade empire (something like that) last?. And wth is with that small white tiger. Is he like the tiger mc sees in his head? Also, does he learn how to make those items from the old master ( the one he met when he got his bow and bing er her boots)
  • so sad that Xiao Ru Se didnt  join his harem

anyway how many harem he has? 5 or 6 since some people say 5 and some say 6 ._.
  • 6, maybe some consider it 5 cos the 6th seemed rather rushed and not well developed (imo)
  • Does he manage to end up with all 3 shanguan sisters?
  • Balur said:

Does he manage to end up with all 3 shanguan sisters?

Yes

How many chapters are in the raws? Has it been completed yet?

308, and yup it is completed
  • Can you tell us when he gets each set of Heavenly Jewels? Also, can you tell us when and why he meets Tang San?
  • 308 and each is 3 parts mosly