MARTIAL WORLD CULTIVATION LEVELS EXPLAINED

I'm just starting to read martial world. I'm at chapter 14 and i already know the basic cultivation level MC has to go through.

It says about the physical training stage before the primal assemblage stage(which i assume to be xiantian, typically all xianxia novels have to go through physical tempering before xiantian, so lets just say this is xiantian stage and the physical training is houtian?).

So i went to google a martial world wiki and look for the cultivation level of the MC. 

So according to chapter 4 there are further levels in physical training stage there are further stages, which is tempering marrow - open gates - open dao palace.

Now according to the wiki, at the latest translated chapters at 1000+ he still hasn't opened all palaces. So in my understanding, he hasnt advanced to xiantian?

Can someone explain to me how cultivation levels work here. The chapter 4 part where it explains these did not mention anything. it only states that the gates and palaces are further stages than the marrow tempering.

Comments

• Ok this is a bit tricky to explain.

The first 6 stages of body tempering, which are Strength training, Flesh training, Viscera training, Altering muscle, Bone forging, and pulse condensation, are Mandatory for all cultivators. It sets a base for the rest of cultivation. The thing is, during the first 5 stages, you temper your body. Pulse condensation gets you ready for the essence gathering system. Its when you start gathering the natural energies of the world and infuse those into your body. After pulse condensation, the two systems. Which are body tempering and essence gathering. Switch. So you can choose to go between Body tempering or Essence gathering. In the Realm Lin ming is, essence gathering is the most effective and the most popular choice of cultivation. Body tempering is too hard. So after Pulse condensation. You can choose to contiue to temper your body, or do tempering marrow, the 8 inner hidden gates and the  stars of the dao palace. Or Do esence gathering. Which is Houtian, Xiantian, revolving core, life destruction (up to 9 stages), divine sea, divine transformation, divine lord, holy lord, world king, great world king and Empreyan. There is a realm above that but it is really weird to explain. Lin ming does BOTH paths at the same time. Effectively making him stronger than other people at his level. But it takes longer for him to train in both paths because he is dual cultivating. Later on there is a THIRD path you can take. Tempering your soul, which Lin Ming also takes up . 

So he does reach Xiantian. But also reaches a level of body tempering at the same time. 
  • Ok this is a bit tricky to explain.

The first 6 stages of body tempering, which are Strength training, Flesh training, Viscera training, Altering muscle, Bone forging, and pulse condensation, are Mandatory for all cultivators. It sets a base for the rest of cultivation. The thing is, during the first 5 stages, you temper your body. Pulse condensation gets you ready for the essence gathering system. Its when you start gathering the natural energies of the world and infuse those into your body. After pulse condensation, the two systems. Which are body tempering and essence gathering. Switch. So you can choose to go between Body tempering or Essence gathering. In the Realm Lin ming is, essence gathering is the most effective and the most popular choice of cultivation. Body tempering is too hard. So after Pulse condensation. You can choose to contiue to temper your body, or do tempering marrow, the 8 inner hidden gates and the  stars of the dao palace. Or Do esence gathering. Which is Houtian, Xiantian, revolving core, life destruction (up to 9 stages), divine sea, divine transformation, divine lord, holy lord, world king, great world king and Empreyan. There is a realm above that but it is really weird to explain. Lin ming does BOTH paths at the same time. Effectively making him stronger than other people at his level. But it takes longer for him to train in both paths because he is dual cultivating. Later on there is a THIRD path you can take. Tempering your soul, which Lin Ming also takes up . 

So he does reach Xiantian. But also reaches a level of body tempering at the same time. 
    Thats very simple then. It works similar to the cultivation levels in DE where there is the 'known' way and there is the 'best' way where he had to cultivate all 3 types of energy(god(body) something, ki, and heartforce(mental)). 

I think this novel needs to explain it more in detail, if you go back to chapter 4 and read it then compare that to the wiki where it took thousands of chapters then you would mistake it that the mc is very slow in cultivating.(this to experienced xianxia reader would doubt but to new readers they'd probably just drop it altogether.)
  • If you dont mind spoilers

Usually, humans dont train in body tempering because their "fate" with it was severed, the max they can reach is the eight gates, there was only 1 human in the last 3.6b years that reached 9 stars before lin ming

• you're still early in the book. It actually becomes a plot point later on so youll get a better grasp of it later. I like how you compared it to the DE system of cultivation. You're right, it's exactly like that. just a few changes to it. 
  • I just encountered this line at chapter 276 after finally stepping into marrow realm.

If he could open the Eight Inner Hidden Gates and the Nine Stars of the Dao Palace, even if Lin Ming abandoned stepping into the Houtian realm and Xiantian realm, with just the cultivation of Body Transformation he could still become a supreme powerhouse of his generation.

In my previous understanding, it was like DE where there are 3 complete but independent system.

I thought after marrow realm he can then enter houtian "essence" realm - no longer body but essence and still be able to advance his body refining simultaneously.

Else the wiki wouldn't make sense. I checked the cult levels and it only shows the body levels where there are gates and palaces but on the main page there is divine lord or sometihng and true divinity something, id guess this is the essence part.

• Your right about the divine lord and true divinity realm, thats part of the essence gathering system, but that wayyyyyyyyyyyy down the line. you dont have to worry about that.

It not after the marrow realm though. its the realm before it, the pulse condensation realm. Thats where the body training becomes optional and the essence training begins. 
  • Haysss,the thing about why Lin Ming takes thousands of chapters to reach each realm cause of plot. All novels need a plot and if u only had a super op mc who reaches those realms in an instant while other people need several hundred to thousands, then that would be an extremely boring read where things become fast paced and loses the plot sense every novel should have.

Nevertheless, if you read mc's description in the wiki, then you should know that he started from the most common mortal background and made his way up to become the greatest cultivator, right? Then that pretty much explains why it takes that long for him to go to the next realm with so many conditions and obstacles in the way.

And, the wiki has information mainly about everything that has happened in the novel so far from the TL to the raw. So you should first avoid reading about the upper realms since that still does not concern you. Right now u should just read about pulse condensation and stuff like that from the beginning.
  • well, the first stages of cultivation in this novel:
    body tempering, which are Strength training, Flesh training, Viscera training, Altering muscle, Bone forging, and pulse condensation
    are more like the requirement to start being a cultivator at all, at least you could still define those guys as "just slightly stronger mortals" (at least as far as wuxia/xanxia logic goes XD) Afterwards you have 3 parts: Body, Essence and Soul. Normally you would focus on one part and go with it, coz multi classing is BS (well except MC cause plot). normally humans train essence, it's whats most of them only know, some might know a few handy "secrets" to let the MC know, but most of em have no clue that there is something else they could train in (well, at least in the beginning of the novel), for body, refer to the spoiler warning of centagod up above, and for soul... well literarry no one in the entire universe has any idea about that, except that ONE ultra powerful person <.< guess where he learns it^^

so you have 1 great stage thats the basics to get your body strong enough to handle the initial beginning of cultivation, than you have 3 ways to go, and at around empyrian level it's more or less all the same again, cause everyone wants to get to that 1 uber tier nobody has reached in whatever long time again^^ it's basically 3 ways to achieve the same in the end, different species have cultivation methods more or less suited to them than others and in the end it all comes down to who can understand the laws (or the dao) the best and can step in that final realm... or was it??? well, i have only read the translated chapters so far, and i could only guess, but since this is a wuxia novel, i would guess there is always something more powerful than the mc, until he creates a new stage thas no one has ever reached before!