So bad.. dropping

I had will power to read through 200+ chapters, but cannot do it anylonger.

The whole story is poorly written. Dont feel anything for main hero. Who is arrogant amateur and just does not act how he should act. He is not dominant nor he is brutal or ruthless nor he is smart or cunning, just because you write in every chapter that this guy (main hero) is cunning, dominant and ruthless - does not make him look so. His character is very lame.

Hundred years being will not be spending hours blabbling non-sense, here we have 10mln years old main character, who spends all his life like a mentally challenged kid. He bows to people who are older than his physical body, he on purpose provokes other people bringing himself "problems" and public attention. His level of development is at dog barking. But everyone is submissive to him or ass-licking due to plot cheat setup.

There is alot of repitition and junk filler chapters which you skip and miss nothing. Many chapters are just blabbling around. Fight are boring and cultivation tree is messy and makes no sense.

Everybody is "dying" or close to "death" for living through generations, while main hero only spends 2-3 years of time. So much for a coincedence. 

Well it is probably the most classic wuxia novel with a lot of cliches and barely any memorisable scenes.

Crowd oh my god, this guy is going to be ruined.
Oh no, how did he do this.
Oh wow he is so cool
Lets repeat  this 99999 times.
End of novel.

I mean even if you are 6 years old you can write something like this and multiply its on 2000 chapters or 9999 chapters.

Comments

• Also, add to this that his followers and maids are incredibly dumb, cannot do 2 plus 2 for years. It is dumb to an extent of a dead person. Nobody in this world could be that dumb.
    In addition, they are incredibly arrogant and they get "super duper buffs" just for following "main hero" while they do literally nothing of value for him.
  • I didnt even last for 100 chapters. 
  • the thing is I agree with you completely and still read it for the moments in the story where it feels like this is what the author is trying to write about past the layered levels of crap he has on this story.
  • Well, honestly speaking you didn't get the point of this novel. I'd say you've superficially read the novel, never placing yourself in "others skin", on top of reading only 200 chapters, which is nothing. Saying that LQY isn't a brute, but a soft persimmon instead is complete proof of your inadequacy. Why create a topic on forum showing off your ignorance? If you can just silently go read some other novels, with mcs'more shallow than some characters that appear only for one chapter in ED.
  • edited April 2018
    WuqingDi said:
    Well, honestly speaking you didn't get the point of this novel. I'd say you've superficially read the novel, never placing yourself in "others skin", on top of reading only 200 chapters, which is nothing. Saying that LQY isn't a brute, but a soft persimmon instead is complete proof of your inadequacy. Why create a topic on forum showing off your ignorance? If you can just silently go read some other novels, with mcs'more shallow than some characters that appear only for one chapter in ED.
    don't bother arguing with the haters... there's a reason why ED is one of the novels which got its own forum on wuxiaworld... the novel synopsis is already clear on the point that LQY is someone at the apex who has been guarding the realm for billions of years in addition to being a teacher to countless immortal emperors, why would he not have the right to be arrogant? LOL
  • None of you understand what powerlevels means and what time means. 
    Powerlevels in ED are just joke and make no real sense. 
    The story is too dragged out with pointless activity. 3000 chapters have literally 250 chapters of content if you take out fillers and repitition.
    The character of an Emperor is not a tiny bit acting like a billion year old. He acts like a friggin green headed dumbass. This is the most annoying part of the story because author just is not smart or talented enough to picture such character well.
    Saying you are powerful smart and old does not mean anything, if character does not show any traits of either of these things.
  • Well, ED does take a significantly different approach than other xianxia novels I've read at WuxiaWorld so far. Unlike other xianxia, LQY starts powerful because he already did the footwork before he got his body back. When he did get his body back, he went to work straight away to become almighty.

Your problem with LQY has a lot of similarities to how many people have problems with Kirito from Sword Art Online, they started powerful and there is very little explanation on how they got there.

What ED does feature more of are the many worlds and environments, taking the time to explore each and every one. Because the story builds on each world LQY visits, it takes a very long time as each new place has a new completely new culture.

Unlike other already high level characters in other novels, LQY isn't just sitting around doing nothing while aiming to get stronger. He's already explored the world a few times over and aims to unravel high level mysteries that otherwise would have been difficult to uncover by any other protagonist type without heavily exploiting the lucky chances trope.
  • Don't listen to the troll. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about.
  • You just can't understand the plot or the series sequence. ED is different from the other xianxia novel.
     I am not the messiah who will save the useless. Go look for him elsewhere. 
    Bae Doochi
  • I agree with everyone of you who think power level in this novel is a joke but that is not the selling point of this novel though. If you want to find some fun by having MC top in everything then you can try this novel. (sometimes you need to throw away the common sense of 10 power level difference)

But the thing that get me stick with this novel is I don't like the MC who is not yet strong and provoke other just because of a woman and he's in deep sh*t. If you are like me then this novel is worth it.
  • Well ED is already pretty unique its sense of writing, everything has been pretty ambiguous from the beginning from its cultivation system to its plot evrything is hidden in a veil of ambiguity and mysteriousness  which makes the story pretty alluring for me, but also rage inducing at the same time. I totally agree that the arrogance and the dumb young masters make the story quite stupid but overtime you will get used to it. The story overall is really unique compared to other novels, I have read nothing like this , and its approach is different, unique and good, give it shot, when I read it i also hated the young master play lol but i got used it.
  • I came to know about this book. But I see a small fan base defending this book without good context. Still unclear should read it or not!
  • akachunu said:
    I came to know about this book. But I see a small fan base defending this book without good context. Still unclear should read it or not!
    I definitely recommend Emperor's Domination just because of how different it is from all the standard wuxias there are right now. The way ED looks at cultivation and treasure hunts is more unique and a nice refresher. However ofc like all wuxias there are repetitions of certain character tropes and events but it isn't as bad as shown to be by others. 
    All in all its a great read!
  • I don't think judging a 3000+ ch book by reading 200 ch makes sense. Yes, Li Qiye is arrogant but when you have taught some of the most op characters in your setting and is knowledgeable enough to beat the shit out of elders with a stick means uou get to be arrogant. I mean there are mc that are arrogant just because. ED's trong point is its world building and the MC
  • I think the first 100 chapters of the series is complete trash. Its incredibly repetitive and the cultivating system is messed up. Around 150-250 the writing gets slowly better and around 300 it gets to its current level and keeps it there. I'm at around 1300 right now and it is fairly consistent now. There are still whole filler chapters but they are easy to just skim through since usually a filler chapter has like 5% important information that only needs a glance unlike the early part of the series were every second line was filler so you had no choice but to read it all unless you missed something. 

All the talk about mortal/houtian/king/saint wheel/fate/physique that were spammed early on is reduced by like 90% or more after the first couple hundred chapters. Also way less of "that year I did that with that person" remembering that has 0 to do with what is actually happening right now in the story. And when most relevant characters in the story is past the level of the first 300 chapters the cultivating system gets much easier to understand and follow and you finally get a feel of the powerlevels.

Its almost like I would recommend people to read a recap somewhere and jump straight to when he leaves the Mortal Emperor World for the first time.Its probably better to just skip to that point even without a recap and then look at a wiki if you dont understand something. Most of the time the story starts close to 0 in each world he gets to so shouldnt be hard to follow even if missing the first few hundred chapters. Each world is like a 99% self contained arc so far since the MC is the only character able to travel between the worlds at this point.
  • I skipped from 1000 to 1725 because I was bored with the different worlds, I just went back and read Soaring Immortal Sect part and other events like destroying Heavenly God Sect and whatnot. I think 2000+ is good though
  • akachunu said:
    I came to know about this book. But I see a small fan base defending this book without good context. Still unclear should read it or not!
    If you like cultivation system you can try MGA or ISSTH. Remember, every novel has its charm. You might like it but others might not so you read and you decide.
  • lol TS is dumb as fuck