Novel suggestion STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK

Hi,

I am a Chinese international student and I grew up reading these novels. However I found some books not worth reading now that I'm not a teanager any more. Some books have pretty shitty quality, like 大主宰, and are not worth the effort of translation at all. However I read a new novel during my freshman year and it struck me. It was a pure wuxia novel 武侠小说 like the novels of 金庸's and there was no magic and no sterotypes... I couldnt guess what would happen next and that thrill lasted till the end. I remember that it was a night before I go to sleep and I accidentally clicked in; I read only 3 chapters and then I couldn't stop. I kept reading untill chapter 250-ish and found that it was already 7 in the morning... So yeah, I think I should recommend this book to you guys, especially those who can read Chinese.

Tl;dr, here's an amazing book called 死人经, written by 冰临神下 (note that there's a book with the same name but different author).
It covers a lot about Chinese culture as well. In some sense even I grew up a lot reading that book and learned more about my own culture. If you can fully understand what the author is trying to tell you, you basically understand how Chinese people do business and deal with each other. It's sort of like the TV show, the Office, to America —— except it's not humorous (in fact, there's a subtle sense of humor in that book, mostly by cold jokes).

Comments

• That’s all well and good but you never said the name of the book in English. This is a novel translation site and most of us are here because we can’t read Chinese 
  • That’s all well and good but you never said the name of the book in English. This is a novel translation site and most of us are here because we can’t read Chinese 
    Well I don't think this book is translated and I think it's pretty hard to translate as well. The name 死人经 is translated literally "Dead Men's Scripture", which is a scripture of External Martial Art. It's supposed to be the most powerful external kung fu but it comes with a cost, that the people who perform it will suffer from an extreme pain and their hatred would be exaggerated as a source of power as well.