The Sovereign of destruction is stupid

edited November 2015 in Coiling Dragon Spoilers
Hi all

As you can tell by the head line, I think the overgod of destruction is stupid.

I can't believe that the overgod of destruction would give up his most reliable attack (his material attack)

He makes a soul attack from the 4 divine beast blood but then uses it on a overgod that has a overgod soul protection device. Why oh god (overgod) would he handicap him self twice, when fighting against a person that he had already lost against.

Making a soul attack but not using his material attack when fighting against an opponent that has a soul protection device makes no sense.

I know that some people might say that it was only a spar but i say no to that. The overgod of destruction obviously wanted to win or why would he bet with fate

In summary, the overgod of destruction develops a soul move and uses it against fate, who he knows has protection against it. Destruction might as well told Fate how he made the technique up before they had the fight   

Comments

• Is there any more stupid things like the one above, tell me if you found some
  • TenFap said:

Is there any more stupid things like the one above, tell me if you found some

How about him using the term overgod instead of sovereign ? other than that totally agree (if that is what happens, haven't gotten the time yet to read the latest 2 translated chapters :D )
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Just been reading the forms and its came to my attention that Linley is also a bit thick.

This late in the story (book 20 and 21) Linley is looking for his mother, who is enslaved by the chief sovereign of light.

But back when Linley was looking for a way to resurrect his grandpa Doehring, he makes a request to the overgod of life to bring his grandpa back. When that fails Linley asks for a weapon instead of his mother.

The very thing he wants (his mother) he doesn't ask for.

It's just a little weird, don't you think 

• right after u lose all hope u dont think things though logicaly
  • Mr_Lu said:

right after u lose all hope u dont think things though logicaly

actually, after i read the chapter, it became completely understandable why linley didn't ask for his mom.

like you said, after linley realized doehring was gone, he wasn't really thinking clearly.

then you also have beirut and bluefire constantly telling linley to get an overgod weapon.

after reading the chapter, it's no wonder he never asked for his mom back when he was still recovering from a broken heart and had to people constantly screaming in his ear to 'GET A FUCKING OVERGOD WEAPON LINLEY.'

so i can't really call linley an idiot because of that anymore. instead i have to blame beirut and bluefire for being too greedy. (linley didn't even need an overgod weapon, his fused sovereign power was OP enough.)
  • TenFap said:

Just been reading the forms and its came to my attention that Linley is also a bit thick.

This late in the story (book 20 and 21) Linley is looking for his mother, who is enslaved by the chief sovereign of light.

But back when Linley was looking for a way to resurrect his grandpa Doehring, he makes a request to the overgod of life to bring his grandpa back. When that fails Linley asks for a weapon instead of his mother.

The very thing he wants (his mother) he doesn't ask for.

It's just a little weird, don't you think 

no not really with the weapon he can kill the chief sovereign of light and get his mother back.
    if he just asks for his mother then he would just get his mother back and no weapon
  • Linley doesn't know that killing the chief sovereign of light will cause his mother to be free. For all he knows it might kill her too. Also, I'm pretty sure that at the point of gaining his new OP sword he doesn't know just how big of an ass the chief sovereign of light is (the death of the four divine beast clans sovereign)

So he doesn't really have the best reason to ask for a weapon and not his mother.

I thought about what grief could do to a persons thinking processes and i was going to agree until i remembered that Linley isn't a normal person. He has been alive for thousands of years and with in those years, fought hard battles, made difficult choices and learned what it means to have a clear head.

For example, When Linley's father (Hogg) dies and Linley has to bid his time and get stronger while sucking up to the people that had killed his father.

Or when Linley's wife is near deaths door and he asks for help from the four divine beast clan.

• TenFap said:

Linley doesn't know that killing the chief sovereign of light will cause his mother to be free. For all he knows it might kill her too. Also, I'm pretty sure that at the point of gaining his new OP sword he doesn't know just how big of an ass the chief sovereign of light is (the death of the four divine beast clans sovereign)

So he doesn't really have the best reason to ask for a weapon and not his mother.

I thought about what grief could do to a persons thinking processes and i was going to agree until i remembered that Linley isn't a normal person. He has been alive for thousands of years and with in those years, fought hard battles, made difficult choices and learned what it means to have a clear head.

For example, When Linley's father (Hogg) dies and Linley has to bid his time and get stronger while sucking up to the people that had killed his father.

Or when Linley's wife is near deaths door and he asks for help from the four divine beast clan.

Actually, Linley was freaking out during those times. Grandpa Doehring, Hillman, and Delia had to console him during the time his dad died. Phurso and Bebe convinced Linley that Delia could, indeed, be saved if they rushed back to the 4db clan. Otherwise, Linley would have been wailing about his father's and wife's deaths. This time, however, he was crushed that he couldn't revive Doehring and his moral supporters this time around, Beirut and Bluefire, constantly told him to get an overgod weapon instead of reviving his mother.
  • ....overgod of destruction?

Don't you mean Chief Sovereign of Destruction?

The Almighty Froppy
  • Lowlav said:

....overgod of destruction?

Don't you mean Chief Sovereign of Destruction?

Yes i do. My mind went to the weapon crafting point in CD, where a sovereign item is an item that has absorbed sovereigns power over millions of years. My mind just jumped to overgods items = chief sovereign Fate, Life, Death and Destruction must be overgods  
  • I don't think the Sovereign of Destruction is an idiot, whenever an expert makes a breakthrough in their own specific path, what they have cultivated may side more towards soul based attacks or material attacks. The same is for Linley, when he made a breakthrough in The Throbbing Pulse of the Earth, his attacks were material attacks, but when he mastered the Throbbing Pulse of the World and became a Deity, the Omega Wave became a Spiritual Attack.

Why is it any different with the Sovereign of Destruction? He made a breakthrough and the breakthrough made him more efficient in Spritual Attacks.
  • edited November 2015

I don't think the Sovereign of Destruction is an idiot, whenever an expert makes a breakthrough in their own specific path, what they have cultivated may side more towards soul based attacks or material attacks. The same is for Linley, when he made a breakthrough in The Throbbing Pulse of the Earth, his attacks were material attacks, but when he mastered the Throbbing Pulse of the World and became a Deity, the Omega Wave became a Spiritual Attack.

Why is it any different with the Sovereign of Destruction? He made a breakthrough and the breakthrough made him more efficient in Spritual Attacks.
    he's an idiot not because he made a soul attack and wanted to test it out but, making a bet that he would win against fate when he knew that that fate had a overgod item that protects against it. Also he said he wouldn't use his overgod weapon, that dealt material attack and would of gave him a greater chance in winning.

I could understand that if destruction was only sparing with fate that it was a test to see what his new move could do but he bet on him self to win, even though he knew that Fate had a overgod item  
  • TenFap said:

Just been reading the forms and its came to my attention that Linley is also a bit thick.

If you think about it what he really should have asked for was the death of the Chief Sovereign of Light. Life and death don't interfere with the rules of the Overgods and he could have asked for his Sovereign Spark. Next on the list would have been a undefeatable attack/defense... Not a weapon but an actual move...
  • edited November 2015
    The Overgods cannot "give" a person an attack or defense, that goes against the edicts, and whatever goes against the edicts, the Overgods cannot do. They can bring back memories from souls that still exists like the Chief Sovereign of Death, and they can create completely new planes if someone wants it, they can create any kind of artifact, but they cannot give someone an ability. That's some weird logic you got there. :o

To be honest I feel Linley made the right move, he got a weapon so he can change everything himself, by relying on his own power instead of asking someone else to do it for you. That's just what weak people would do. He should prove his strength and accomplish his goals by his own accord and not ask an Overgod to do his dirty work.
  • The Overgods cannot "give" a person an attack or defense, that goes against the edicts, and whatever goes against the edicts, the Overgods cannot do. They can bring back memories from souls that still exists like the Chief Sovereign of Death, and they can create completely new planes if someone wants it, they can create any kind of artifact, but they cannot give someone an ability. That's some weird logic you got there. :o

To be honest I feel Linley made the right move, he got a weapon so he can change everything himself, by relying on his own power instead of asking someone else to do it for you. That's just what weak people would do. He should prove his strength and accomplish his goals by his own accord and not ask an Overgod to do his dirty work.
    If it can be done by any of the sov then it can be done by the overgods.

With this in mind Linley could of asked for a super move, after all the sov of fate and destruction made a super move though the understanding of other species blood line
  • Sovereigns can indeed learn Innate Divine Abilities, but without the blood essence they are practically useless, and the only Divine Innate Abilities that Overgods can give, are Divine Innate Abilities that already exists in the multiverse, so yet again, now that Linley has an Overgod Weapon, he can accumulate any Divine Innate Ability he wants by learning it from the Divine Beasts that already exists and obtaín their blood essence. 

With this in mind, I feel that asking for a Divine Innate Ability that already exists is even below being a waste. Truly a waste.
  • With this in mind, I feel that asking for a Divine Innate Ability that already exists is even below being a waste. Truly a waste.

i dunno man, if it was possible to ask for innate divine abilities from overgods, asking for a fusion of the fusion of the 4dbc and beirut's godeater rat ability sounds uber awesome, even better than an overgod weapon. of course that's probably impossible but still, at least it sounds cool.