How to translate 魂飞魄散?

I know it basically means the death of a spirit or ghost, but how do I say it briefly and beautifully in a complete sentence? Like 他魂飞魄散了 or someone 打得他魂飞魄散? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Hmm, I am not sure your meaning of "the death of a spirit or ghost", The meaning is that"Both his body and soul are killed." Maybe crushed could be a better word? 魂魄 are two parts of souls, one soul uauslly consists 3 魂 and 7 魄,they still exist after we died, then we could go to the next life. But after they are crushed, there is no next life forever.

• "Soul dissipating" would be a good description I guess. 他魂飞魄散了 --> His soul dissipated. 打得他魂飞魄散 --> He was so badly damaged/hurt that his soul dissipated, or His soul dissipated with a hit (depends on the context of the sentence and the point of view that you are translating from). Cheers.
  • The soul shatters into pieces。
  • Does anyone know the translation of 主 神 大道?
    Or are translating into English?

• Hmm, I am not sure your meaning of "the death of a spirit or ghost", The meaning is that"Both his body and soul are killed." Maybe crushed could be a better word? 魂魄 are two parts of souls, one soul uauslly consists 3 魂 and 7 魄,they still exist after we died, then we could go to the next life. But after they are crushed, there is no next life forever.

He is right.I am a Chinese.魂飞魄散 it means that you absolutely disappear and don’t have chance to start your next life .(After you died,you will go into Di Fu and choose one of six gates that symbolizes six world:Human;Ghost;Asura;God;Hell;Brute.)

• 魂飞魄散 should be translated to "psyche fly away and soul released
  • ShadowJK said:
    Hmm, I am not sure your meaning of "the death of a spirit or ghost", The meaning is that"Both his body and soul are killed." Maybe crushed could be a better word? 魂魄 are two parts of souls, one soul uauslly consists 3 魂 and 7 魄,they still exist after we died, then we could go to the next life. But after they are crushed, there is no next life forever.

He is right.I am a Chinese.魂飞魄散 it means that you absolutely disappear and don’t have chance to start your next life .(After you died,you will go into Di Fu and choose one of six gates that symbolizes six world:Human;Ghost;Asura;God;Hell;Brute.)

I am a Chinese too.  I read a lot of novels and I want to make a supplement. In a wuxia novel ,when people die, his body is killed but he can still keep alive with his soul. As what taurelassse said, the soul consists of three souls and seven souls. The number 3 and 7 , you can not treat as the meaning of percentage.  It`s just 3 魂 and 7 魄 ,totally sum is 10.  In different novel, without complete 3 魂 and 7 魄 , one can not have a new life or renascence(Not absolutely,maybe 1 魂 and 2 魄 also ok).  魂魄 is a ticket to have a renascence.
  • I know it basically means the death of a spirit or ghost, but how do I say it briefly and beautifully in a complete sentence? Like 他魂飞魄散了 or someone 打得他魂飞魄散? Any suggestions?
    Beat him like shit
    The Essence of Novels is“Comfortable as an orgasm”
  • I know it basically means the death of a spirit or ghost, but how do I say it briefly and beautifully in a complete sentence? Like 他魂飞魄散了 or someone 打得他魂飞魄散? Any suggestions?
    Beat him like shit
    OR Hit him until his mother doesn't know him.
    Beat him like shit
    OR Hit him until his mother doesn't know him.
    Kendo without me is like the world without light(It shows that my fencing talent is unrivalled)