The Demonic King Chases His Wife

Hello! Since I see a lot of readers here I thought maybe one of you here have at least heard of DKC? I need all spoilers. I've been skipping chapters like crazy because the mtl is making my headache, so I only know some parts.

I'm not really sure if I should put this in tags but since the translation is still in the beginning...
Can anyone help with the names of the strength ranking and the apothecary?

初级        Primary
统领        Commanding
圣阶        Saint step
君主阶     Main step
玄化        Moral cultivation
幻化        Transforming
羽化        Emergence
神化        Deification
下神        Next god
中神        God
上神        On god
真神        True God

Sometimes the saint step gets translated to enlightened ruler and main step to monarch so how do they really go? for the last four does anyone know the names? I'd like to know because I was planning on putting them in systranet's dictionary for easier reading.

Also, after they came to the spiritual world and Liu Yun started remember his past life(?) or something like that, I couldn't actually understand what went on in his past, only that he's from the spiritual world originally, can anyone tell me what exactly happened? There was something about a lover and that they both died but I don't know if it was the faulty mtl or what?

When Su Luo and Liu Yun get separated in the spiritual world and Liu Yun's memory of their time together goes poof does he ever remember her or he just falls in love again without remembering her?

What happened to her father and mother, I think the translation said they were trapped somewhere?

Comments

• Hi this translator June from DKC,

Since I haven't figure out how to use the spoiler tag here I'm not going to answer your questions here. Feel free to email me at [email protected] I will post the glossery that Alyschu made for the rankings based on online forum information so may not be as up to date as the novel. I'm pretty sure she won't mind sharing it with the readers. 
    Levels

天赋灵力 Innate Spiritual Strength

分为赤、橙、黄、绿、青、蓝、紫七种颜色,其中以赤色为最差,紫色为最强,紫色天赋又分上品、中品、下品,而大陆有史以来,能够拥有紫色天赋的,非常稀少,屈指可数,很可能几百年才出一位。

Separated into (red / orange / yellow / green / cyan / blue / purple) seven different colors. Red is the weakest, purple is the strongest. Purple colored innate talent is separated into high, middle, and low (class). Since the beginning of the continent’s history, it was so rare to possess violet colored innate talent that you can count them on your fingers. It probably only happens once every several hundred years.

实力等级 Strength Ranking

灵力修炼级别:1-10阶—统领阶(1-10星)—圣主阶(1-10星)—君主阶(1-10星)

灵界实力级别:入门阶(1-10阶),统领阶,圣主阶,君主阶,玄化阶,幻化阶,羽化阶,神化阶,大圆满,小神,中神,上神

身体强度级别:1—10级

炼药师级别:初级—中级—高级—超级—大师级—宗师级—皇级—神级

Spiritual strength cultivation ranks:

Ranks 1-10 steps

Commander rank (1-10 stars)

Saint rank (1-10 stars)

Sovereign rank (1-10 stars)

Spiritual World’s power ranking:

Elementary (1-10 steps)

Commander

Saint

Sovereign

Profound Transformation

Metamorphosis (magical change)

Eclosion (emergence)

Apotheosis (deification)

Paragon (perfection)

Low God

Mid God

High God

Physical Strength: levels 1-10

Apothecary Classes: Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced, Special, Master, Great Master, Emperor, Divine

• A few things:

First, the 'Sovereign' step after Saint should probably be named something else, given that the rank above High God seems basically the same as CD Sovereigns, so it should create confusion. It not only has a strict quota, but it also is called the same iirc.

About Nangong Liuyun:
    Something happened 10 000 years ago, and he apparently died but got reincarnated in one of the lowest world (the one they begin in). When the family gets him back, they use a Baptism to awaken his 'Blood Vessel' (Think: unique power of the family) and also restore his memories. It incidentally overwrote everything he went through with Su Luo.

However, he had shared his heartblood with her, and as such he felt 'something' from her. From there, she proceeded to seduce him again.

About Su Luo's parents:
    This is in big part guesswork as it's hard to know exactly happened, but here it is:

We know they did a Bet against heaven. In exchange for 'something', the Parents were retroactively retconned out of the timeline, and Su Luo has to find 12 artifacts which have the Father's vassal Kings spirit within. If she manage to, she will get a key to the next step where the Father is imprisoned.

This means that Su Luo cannot talk about her parents (nor can any anyone else) because the Heaven might hear and retcon her out too. There are some places that are shielded, but they are very rare.

As to the mother, it seems she managed to reincarnate herself in order to prepare the path for Su Luo. She is also probably the Su Sovereign.

Now, personal theory: We know that no one is perfect in the setting. The stronger you are naturally, and the bigger flaw you have somewhere else. However, Su Luo seems to be a child fro 2 Sovereign (which probably shouldn't be possible) AND she doesn't seem to have a big disadvantage like the Tortoise' Son.

So, my guess is that the Bet was in order for Su Luo to be born. Furthermore the splitting of soul/etc she got was also in order to maximize her potential.

Now, The Empire Institute is something I am confused about
    *Each grade takes a thousand years. (Maybe
    10 000 too, given that once they said '10 000 in the mainland spirit
    world is like 1 year in the blue continent').
    *There are 6 Grades.
    *Students
    begin schooling at 120 000 years old generally (hence if it's 10 000
    per grade it would make a nice even 180 000 when graduating).
    There is 4 main branches in the institue as well as the own elite
    institue, with iirc 400 per grade in the elite institue, and 3600 in the
    rest.
    *Graduates are expected to be Paragon  1 Star at the minimum.
    *Graduates
    of the four branches are expected to graduate as a Lieutenant in the
    military, and in the main imperial branch (which is smaller) as a Major.
    *Lieutenant can be expected to be around Paragon 1, Major to be 3, and Colonels to be 5+.
    *And
    yet Second Grade can be expected to be Paragon 2 Star,
    and Third Grade 3 Star (with the best being 5 Stars there).
    *Likewise, there is more Elite Institue branch members in third grade than main branches ones.

So, huh.... How does the last two parts fit in with the rest?

• can someone tell me what this is about? like is the mc badass? mc male or female?  harem?
  • edited November 2015

Hi this translator June from DKC,

Since I haven't figure out how to use the spoiler tag here I'm not going to answer your questions here. Feel free to email me at [email protected] I will post the glossery that Alyschu made for the rankings based on online forum information so may not be as up to date as the novel. I'm pretty sure she won't mind sharing it with the readers. 
    Levels

天赋灵力 Innate Spiritual Strength

分为赤、橙、黄、绿、青、蓝、紫七种颜色,其中以赤色为最差,紫色为最强,紫色天赋又分上品、中品、下品,而大陆有史以来,能够拥有紫色天赋的,非常稀少,屈指可数,很可能几百年才出一位。

Separated into (red / orange / yellow / green / cyan / blue / purple) seven different colors. Red is the weakest, purple is the strongest. Purple colored innate talent is separated into high, middle, and low (class). Since the beginning of the continent’s history, it was so rare to possess violet colored innate talent that you can count them on your fingers. It probably only happens once every several hundred years.

实力等级 Strength Ranking

灵力修炼级别:1-10阶—统领阶(1-10星)—圣主阶(1-10星)—君主阶(1-10星)

灵界实力级别:入门阶(1-10阶),统领阶,圣主阶,君主阶,玄化阶,幻化阶,羽化阶,神化阶,大圆满,小神,中神,上神

身体强度级别:1—10级

炼药师级别:初级—中级—高级—超级—大师级—宗师级—皇级—神级

Spiritual strength cultivation ranks:

Ranks 1-10 steps

Commander rank (1-10 stars)

Saint rank (1-10 stars)

Sovereign rank (1-10 stars)

Spiritual World’s power ranking:

Elementary (1-10 steps)

Commander

Saint

Sovereign

Profound Transformation

Metamorphosis (magical change)

Eclosion (emergence)

Apotheosis (deification)

Paragon (perfection)

Low God

Mid God

High God

Physical Strength: levels 1-10

Apothecary Classes: Elementary, Intermediate, Advanced, Special, Master, Great Master, Emperor, Divine

Thanks for the rankings translator June!

Arkeus said:

Spoiler:
    *Each grade takes a thousand years. (Maybe
    10 000 too, given that once they said '10 000 in the mainland spirit
    world is like 1 year in the blue continent').
    *There are 6 Grades.

*Students
    begin schooling at 120 000 years old generally (hence if it's 10 000
    per grade it would make a nice even 180 000 when graduating).
    There is 4 main branches in the institue as well as the own elite
    institue, with iirc 400 per grade in the elite institue, and 3600 in the
    rest.
    *Graduates are expected to be Paragon  1 Star at the minimum.
    *Graduates
    of the four branches are expected to graduate as a Lieutenant in the
    military, and in the main imperial branch (which is smaller) as a Major.
    *Lieutenant can be expected to be around Paragon 1, Major to be 3, and Colonels to be 5+.
    *And
    yet Second Grade can be expected to be Paragon 2 Star,
    and Third Grade 3 Star (with the best being 5 Stars there).
    *Likewise, there is more Elite Institue branch members in third grade than main branches ones.

So, huh.... How does the last two parts fit in with the rest?

Thanks Arkeus for the explanations. For the Institute I thought that was more of like an advent of geniuses kind of thing, just a guess though because when they were taking the exams to skip grades it seemed like they were saying there were geniuses in the batch...

can someone tell me what this is about? like is the mc badass? mc male or female?  harem?

Reincarnation story, the MC is a female assassin who died and got reincarnated into a new world. There's actually too many reincarnations in this story now that Arkeus explained it...The usual fantasy + martial arts deal. Her luck is so good and her leveling up speed is scary, so she's actually strong but she always end up fighting opponents who are really more powerful than her. But she's badass just not really the OP type, more like she wins over her
    opponents through some miracle + god level luck + lots of cunning and
    plots. There's no hint of harem (at least for now?), the MC and the love interest just stick with each other
  • There's actually too many reincarnations in this story now that Arkeus explained it...

I wouldn't say there are TOO many of them, given that unlike Douluo Dalu/Descent of the Phoenix/BTTH/Desolate Era, the reincarnations themselves seem like a big part of the overarching plot.
  • ...Im still confused with the strenght ranking. What are those: Elementary, Commander,Saint,Sovereign,Profound Transformation, Metamorphosis (magical change) Eclosion (emergence) Apotheosis (deification) Paragon (perfection) Low God Mid God High God???
    Could you please give an example? Like Nangong Liuyun which is his current physical strenght/spiritual strenght/cultivation strenght? Ughhh so confused

Thanks in advance
  • edited November 2015
    Nangong Liuyun currently has Elementary 6 for both Spirit/Phisical.

Basically, think of it like when you upgrade your spirit you can also upgrade your body. Its possible to only upgrade your spirit if you are being lazy and not regularly training your body, but I don't think it's possible to just train your body.

Also: 'Elementary' is just the name people give to the level you begin in once you are a martial artist/mage. As people in the continent they begin in are very, very rarely above Elementary, the name is not commonly used as it's the assumed default.
  • edited November 2015
    Look like Liuyun will rest in our MC "harem", i know some people who won't be happy with this...
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks Arkeus.
    So, if you want to be Commander you have to be Elementary 10th step first?, and then begin as Commander 1th step and rise and rise until you get to become a Saint? If it is like this that is really hard to accomplice.
    About another thing, Does Suo Luo ever rises to 6th step?
    I dont remember which chapter is that she get to be a 5th step, but does anyone know if she rises to 6th step or higher?

• natalie said:

Thanks Arkeus.
    So, if you want to be Commander you have to be Elementary 10th step first?, and then begin as Commander 1th step and rise and rise until you get to become a Saint? If it is like this that is really hard to accomplice.
    About another thing, Does Suo Luo ever rises to 6th step?
    I dont remember which chapter is that she get to be a 5th step, but does anyone know if she rises to 6th step or higher?

Basically yeah, this is how it works. Also, going from one level to another (E.G, Elemantary to Commander) is vastly harder than other step improvements, but that's how it usually is in Xanxia.

As for your question:
    Spoiler:
    Yes she does. Her going to Commander take a LOT of chapters, but later on there are more timeskips/etc and a lot of steps are going fast, especially from Profound to Eclosion (because of plot reasons.) It still takes a lot of time and a lot of arcs, but not to the same degree

• Oh Su Luo will get much higher than 6th step...If I remember correctly she reached either saint or Soverign before going to the spirit world. Yep each rank has 10 levels. Right now Nangong Liuyu is merely on first  6th rank... This was never given a name since everyone starts here. But after it will be Commander. Ranking name will change as we get to those chapters. 

Look like Liuyun will rest in our MC "harem", i know some people who won't be happy with this... 
    Unfortunately for our MC Nangong Liuyun is a powerful deterrent for any guys to approach our MC... For crying out loud he was even jealous of her pet dragon.... (since the baby dragon's father was so hot... if only it doesn't take so long to grow up ;)

• Thanks for answering :)
    So, just for curiosity... How many love interests Suo Luo has?
    I mean, is he like a second male lead? (that makes you waver as who you want to ship) or just some love rival that Liuyun wants to obliterate and later goes *poof* and almost never appears again?
  • edited November 2015
    natalie said:

Thanks for answering :)
    So, just for curiosity... How many love interests Suo Luo has?
    I mean, is he like a second male lead? (that makes you waver as who you want to ship) or just some love rival that Liuyun wants to obliterate and later goes *poof* and almost never appears again?

Well
    Spoiler:

There is only one love interest, Nangon Liuyun. However, there are a few different guys that show interest for Su Luo. Su Luo's usual response to this is "flattered, but no thanks". Nangong Liuyun is "Lie and Cheat so other guy looks worse".

• How do you add a spoiler tag? 

I'll give a more general answer for now. The author did set up a second lead at the very beginning of the story but as Arkeus mentioned Nangong Liuyun used a lot of underhanded methods to cause misunderstandings between Su Luo and any second lead. As to Su Luo its hard for her to trust again and she is a one man women so once she decide on something even when someone is interested in her then she would respond with no thanks. 
  • Spoiler Tags are [.spoiler]spoiler[/.spoiler] withought the dot. It's a standard shorthand on most forums.
  • How do you add a spoiler tag? 

I'll give a more general answer for now. The author did set up a second lead at the very beginning of the story but as Arkeus mentioned Nangong Liuyun used a lot of underhanded methods to cause misunderstandings between Su Luo and any second lead. As to Su Luo its hard for her to trust again and she is a one man women so once she decide on something even when someone is interested in her then she would respond with no thanks. 

So what chapter was this second lead introduced?
    Also, what was su lou's family's reaction when they found out her true capability?
  • edited November 2015
    GaiaLee said:

Also, what was su lou's family's reaction when they found out her true capability?

That depends on what you mean by 'second lead'.
    Spoiler:
    If June is referring to who I think (and I disagree this is actually a second lead) Su Luo will see that character possibly after chapter 500 or so (there is a secondary male character introduced very soon that I think is much more important though.)

As for the Su family's reaction on Su Luo's improvements:
    Spoiler:
    Disbelief from the father, hatred from the brother/sisters/stepmothers. Then things escalate.

• edited November 2015
    Oh I just remembered that I posted a short spoiler summery here...https://www.reddit.com/r/noveltranslations/comments/3qycsn/spoiler_anyone_got_a_summary_of_demonic_king/

But Arkeus had already touched upon most of it

testing spoiler tag here  

spoiler hope this works

• edited November 2015

spoiler1)There were a few second leads that competed for Su Luo. In the first part when they are in the current world it was Su Luo's old flame that betrayed her. He plays the tragic second lead who actually had to fake the betrayal on her real mom's orders so Su Luo would end up in this world. Of course he followed her to this world. Like all of Su Luo's relationship lots of misunderstandings stood in the second leads way and having Nangong Liuyun sabotaging also did not help. There were more potential love interest in the Spirit world but by then she was married to Nangong Liuyun and would never look at another man in a romantic fashion

spoiler2) Su Luo's real family as you may have found out through previous post here is in the spirit world not in this world.The family that raised the body of Su Luo the good-for-nothing all died suffering fate worse than death. Often a little extreme but not completely undeserved

• So what chapter was this second lead introduced?

spoiler1)There were a few second leads that competed for Su Luo. In the first part when they are in the current world it was Su Luo's old flame that betrayed her. He plays the tragic second lead who actually had to fake the betrayal on her real mom's orders so Su Luo would end up in this world. Of course he followed her to this world. Like all of Su Luo's relationship lots of misunderstandings stood in the second leads way and having Nangong Liuyun sabotaging also did not help. There were more potential love interest in the Spirit world but by then she was married to Nangong Liuyun and would never look at another man in a romantic fashion

Eh... I would disagree on that particular interpretation.
    There has been a handful of quasi-love interests in the original world before that guy, though most of those didn't get too far either.

Moreoever, that particular guy's every actions were basically a thousands time worse than NL (and those aren't too good either) to the point he couldn't be taken as a serious lead at all. His death was pure bulshit too, as not only was he left alive a few times for no reason whatsoever, but his actual death made no sense given he would have been around 5 levels below Su Luo at the time. Beside, there were plenty of people Su Luo had no problem trampling and taking advantage of, so the whole thing really left a sour taste personally.

• edited November 2015
    What happened with the Jade Lake’s fairy and in which chapter will she be discover to try to kill Su Lou?

Underlings! Go! Kidnap him for me.
  • edited November 2015
    I can't be sure of my memories but
    Spoiler:
    Next time she'll meet them NL will basically ask Su Luo if she wants him to kill her

As for which chapter, can't recall the number sorry.

EDIT:

Also, something about NL: he really isn't helped by always having been able to utterly dominate any possible rivals when it comes to basically everything. This means that while he sees that Su Luo could actually be somewhat his equal, he takes a while to actually internalize it. It's a very logical mistake for him to make, and he IS shown as being surprised again and again when he under-estimate Su Luo.

When he stops doing so he gets a lot more bearable.
  • I saw lots of spoilers (YES PLEASE!)
    If Su Luo has little meng meng as her "spiritual pet" (I don^t know how to translate that), then does Liuyun have one too?, and the bitch fairy has one as well?
    If so, which kind of spiritual beast are they?

As always, thanks for answering :)
  • natalie said:

I saw lots of spoilers (YES PLEASE!)
    If Su Luo has little meng meng as her "spiritual pet" (I don^t know how to translate that), then does Liuyun have one too?, and the bitch fairy has one as well?
    If so, which kind of spiritual beast are they?

As always, thanks for answering :)

NL has a horse (you already saw it in the translated chapter) that's pretty good for the starting empire. He will
    much later get a Plum spiritual pet that he kills as she is jealous of Su Luo. He also tends to have a lot of 'mount' pets

Yao Li actually doesn't have any pet that I can recall.
  • When does su luo starts her training? When can she stop depending on NL? Can someone explain(in details plz) Su Luo's fake family's reaction when they find out how talented/strong she is? Also what kind of revenge does she get against them?
    Thank you
  • What can of magic foes she have with her wood,fire, space affinity? Can she even attack? If so how? What kind of revenge does she get against NL's childhood friend?
  • When does su luo starts her training? When can she stop depending on NL? Can someone explain(in details plz) Su Luo's fake family's reaction when they find out how talented/strong she is? Also what kind of revenge does she get against them?
    Thank you

Su Luo starts her training when she comes back to her home. This will take a bit as there is going to be a INTERRUPT QUEST before then.
    Spoiler:
    A "Su Luo  saves NL" one

The Su family's reaction:
    Spoiler:
    They won't find out ever exactly how talented she is, but they will find out that she is suddenly much stronger than she was.

Fifth Sister:
    Spoiler:
    She is, like Su Luo, a daughter from a concubine. As such, the 'Lady Su' hates her gut. The Fifth sister will learn that Su Luo was actually gone from the house and will try to prove it. She will fail and get punished. Then she will try to get revenge, and fail more. She will then try to have Su Luo assassinated and raped, but Su Luo instead turns the table on her.

Later on NL mocks her and she ends up dead.

Third Sister:
    Spoiler:
    Actually not much happens with her. Su Luo quickly get stronger than her, and she then tries to humilate Su Luo multiple times and fail, implicated other people in the family.

She also ends up in a bad poistion as she is believed to have a link to a Apocathery (Su Luo does) and her dad constantly ask her help with this and doesn't believe her when she says she can't do anything.

Second Sister:
    Spoiler:
    Lose her spirit pet when she asks it to attack Su Luo (Meng Meng~~), then feel humiliated as she believes NL is coming to the house to see her and it's Su Luo, so challenges Su Luo to a life and death duel. It's reported to three months later.

First Brother:
    Spoiler:
    Constantly get humiliated when asked to help with things, then get poisoned by the mom (because she is an idiot) and become a cripple

I am not going to say everything as later on more happen and it's better to at least leave some surprises!
  • What can of magic foes she have with her wood,fire, space affinity? Can she even attack? If so how? What kind of revenge does she get against NL's childhood friend?

Can someone answer my questions plz
  • edited November 2015

What can of magic foes she have with her wood,fire, space affinity? Can she even attack? If so how? What kind of revenge does she get against NL's childhood friend?

Oops sorry I somehow missed that one. I am guessing you mean 'spells' by 'foes'?
    Anyway:

Her only element that she can really use for direct attack. At first she mainly uses it for fireballs/etc, but then she gets a big upgrade and can do some more fancy stuff with it

No Clue. Like, seriously. She gets books about it and so on, but as far as I know the only thing she does with it is MAYBE use her plant spirit spet better, but even that is iffy.

This combination just lets her do Apocathery stuff. She actually becomes really, really, really good as a Apocathery later on.

Well, this one is more of a 'utility' one. She'll take a long time to even be able to do anything with it as books on space magic are super rare.

Once she does begin using it more, she first develop a space defense shield which is much stronger than the usual for elemental shields.

Then she gets to be able to 'extend' space magic around her, creating a space where she can set 'rules'. It's mostly usable against people her own rank or lower, but when it does work she can basically cut people's speed in half, increase gravity, and so on.

Then, she learns fancy stuff like Teleport and 'walk through walls'.

Sadly it seems she has forgotten a lot of what she can do, and the author is good at constantly saying 'her teleport improved' but giving the impression it got worse. One of her newer abilities that she in fact only used the once was basically "being able to decide if an enemy was near or far when within her space" (think: your attacks are always too far away from me to touch me, mine always touch you, etc) but it never happened again in like 700 chapters.

Oh, and she knows she should be able to actually go into her own space, but it's still a long term project.

Also:
    She gets another element (that she constantly forget she has)

• edited November 2015
    Arkeus said:

What can of magic foes she have with her wood,fire, space affinity? Can she even attack? If so how? What kind of revenge does she get against NL's childhood friend?

Oops sorry I somehow missed that one. I am guessing you mean 'spells' by 'foes'?
    Anyway:

Her only element that she can really use for direct attack. At first she mainly uses it for fireballs/etc, but then she gets a big upgrade and can do some more fancy stuff with it

No Clue. Like, seriously. She gets books about it and so on, but as far as I know the only thing she does with it is MAYBE use her plant spirit spet better, but even that is iffy.

This combination just lets her do Apocathery stuff. She actually becomes really, really, really good as a Apocathery later on.

Well, this one is more of a 'utility' one. She'll take a long time to even be able to do anything with it as books on space magic are super rare.

Once she does begin using it more, she first develop a space defense shield which is much stronger than the usual for elemental shields.

Then she gets to be able to 'extend' space magic around her, creating a space where she can set 'rules'. It's mostly usable against people her own rank or lower, but when it does work she can basically cut people's speed in half, increase gravity, and so on.

Then, she learns fancy stuff like Teleport and 'walk through walls'.

Sadly it seems she has forgotten a lot of what she can do, and the author is good at constantly saying 'her teleport improved' but giving the impression it got worse. One of her newer abilities that she in fact only used the once was basically "being able to decide if an enemy was near or far when within her space" (think: your attacks are always too far away from me to touch me, mine always touch you, etc) but it never happened again in like 700 chapters.

Oh, and she knows she should be able to actually go into her own space, but it's still a long term project.

Also:
    She gets another element (that she constantly forget she has)

*does

.... sorry, but thank you for the answers