[Question] Update on The Godsfall Chronicles TL

Not requesting new chapters, but I was hoping to have some sort of update on the status of translations for TGC, specifically (1) if TGC has been officially dropped or not (given almost 2 months since the last chapter update) (2) if TGC will be picked up after TL of Desolate Era is completed (3) what has happened to the sub-translators that were supposedly meant to pick up translations from RWX and (4) if TGC has been dropped by RWX and no sub-translators currently exist, if there are any translators able to pick up the project. RWX has posted chapters for DE as recently as today, so I'm sure he's around - posting a simple paragraph update can't take more than 10 minutes maximum and would really help alleviate a lot of frustration, no matter what the outcome of it is. As is, being stuck in limbo is extremely frustrating for many of us.

Again, I'm sorry if I seem like I'm demanding chapters for a novel being read for free - all I'm asking for is a quick update on its status. Thanks!

Comments

• My friend i just logged in to write the same post. Its the best novel atm in my opinion. I asked if its possible to donate for the chapters to be more consisted releases. +1 for the post  
  • I believe he explained himself one to two months ago. Long story short: He was close to a burnout and anxiety got the better of him, Because of that his translation progress suffered, mainly TGC. Later he implemented a new schedule with TGC being low priority.
  • Don't expect any TGC chapter before Desolate Era ends.
  • The last update was s cereal months ago and he said he would be updating again and then nothing. Super annoying
  • The last update was s cereal months ago and he said he would be updating again and then nothing. Super annoying
    Wrong, he stated he'd try to updated TGC but he will have it as lower priority.
  • lail said:
    The last update was s cereal months ago and he said he would be updating again and then nothing. Super annoying
    Wrong, he stated he'd try to updated TGC but he will have it as lower priority.
    Look at the last GC post and he said he was getting. Back on track with updates and we should expect the next chapter in a few days then nothing for several months.

if you respect your readers for more than the value of their clicks then you would take 5 minutes and give a clear update about how things are going rather than having to comb through a DE post from several months ago
  • Long story short, as I posted two months ago I got killed end of Thanksgiving by a really nasty illness and didn't really recover until start of December.  I was out for two full weeks, which completely nuked my stockpile and got me so backed up on work in general that I've frantically been playing catch-up ever since, and GFC has fallen off the radar as a result.  We'll get it back soon enough, and I've been looking at getting someone to work with me on it but my standards are so exacting that no one has really worked out thus far...
  • Wait, RWX is dead?
    RWX said:
    Long story short, as I posted two months ago I got killed

• Wait, RWX is dead?
    RWX said:
    Long story short, as I posted two months ago I got killed

Yes, now he's a fallen immortal. Actually, he failed his tribulation and got his physical body destroyed.
  • So instead of translating this awesomeness RWX is starting with talisman emperor.... why? Or did I understand wrong...
  • edited April 7
    No RWX is not translating Talisman Emperor. It is being translated by another translator for long time. He has posted chapters of Dragon Talisman on his patreon - most likely this book
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/dragon-talisman/

I have read this author's multiple works and they are pretty decent. We don't know what is going to happen in the future, but we can speculate that he is going to translate dragon Talisman rather than Godsfall Chornicles. It is a pity because this was one of the good novels on this site with lot of potential. Hopefully he is is going to translate both or find someone else to translate The Godsfalls chornicles.
     And good news, Godsfall Chronicles was completed by author few days ago.
  • edited May 20
    What is going on with GFC right now? Still looking for help? Just asking cause translations are a bit slower than we usually expect from you Ren. Hope you're well. Please give us an update so we don't have to worry that something terrible has happened.
  • Yes aside personal matters the translators should be honest with their readers.Translation stopped more than one time on GFC. Too bad, such a great novel. Guess ppl prefer quantity over quality.
  • Someone posted on Ren's patreon that someone close to him passed away recently. Condolences Ren.  :(