IGE isn't being updated again

It has been almost a month since Aran has updated IGE. The last time he posted he admitted that he was 12 chapters behind and promised to have them caught up by the end of the week. That was almost four weeks ago and not only didn't he post those 12 chapters he has also missed the 16 chapters he was supposed to have done in the mean time.

Comments

• For a moment I thought administrators cared about the readers because this forum exists...but so far my experience is that us readers are nothing more than living wallets to them. Sad to say but the only difference between them and qidian is probably power.
  • For a moment I thought administrators cared about the readers because this forum exists...but so far my experience is that us readers are nothing more than living wallets to them. Sad to say but the only difference between them and qidian is probably power.
    LMAO
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
    Yea right, so what if they are in for the money? Tell me, do you survive without money? How were you able to get access to this very website? I'm pretty sure without money you wouldn't be able to do so. Now piss of your smelly hypocrisy.

http://www.wuxiaworld.com/contact-us/

with the e-mail address "contact us" you can contact wuxiaworld to inform them, that a certain translator isn't updating anymore. But still, please piss of you hypocrite.
  • lail said:
    For a moment I thought administrators cared about the readers because this forum exists...but so far my experience is that us readers are nothing more than living wallets to them. Sad to say but the only difference between them and qidian is probably power.
    Yea right, so what if they are in for the money? Tell me, do you survive without money? How were you able to get access to this very website? I'm pretty sure without money you wouldn't be able to do so. Now piss of your smelly hypocrisy.

with the e-mail address "contact us" you can contact wuxiaworld to inform them, that a certain translator isn't updating anymore. But still, please piss of you hypocrite.
    Moron, you can still be profitable but treat your customers with respect and provide communication when things are not happening as they are supposed too. I think the poster above was referring to the fact that Wuxiaworld used to be a better platform than qidian and valued its readers. I think they have stopped doing that as well. 

And even with all all the posts and contact us emails they have never respected the readers enough to communicate with them.
  • This forum was specifically set up for us to bring things to the administrators attention. So why wouldn't I use it for it's intended purpose. If they aren't going to do anything when people post here why does it exist.

And by the way, Aran almost caught up with the missed chapters last week. Unfortunately after doing so he disappeared for a week so he is 13 chapters behind again.
  • ok guys, the only way out is doing some mass emailing, [email protected] , i'm gonna do it and i hope you do too.
  • KlausFaye said:
    ok guys, the only way out is doing some mass emailing, [email protected] , i'm gonna do it and i hope you do too.
    Pretty sure that's just going to make it less likely for them to reply and more likely to mark you as spam and never read your emails.
    Absolute Choice is the first novel that I've read on Wuxiaworld that I genuinely do not like.
  • KlausFaye said:
    ok guys, the only way out is doing some mass emailing, [email protected] , i'm gonna do it and i hope you do too.
    Pretty sure that's just going to make it less likely for them to reply and more likely to mark you as spam and never read your emails.
    It's best to just ignore it and let him do whatever he wants with no accountability. Ok
  • Moron, you can still be profitable but treat your customers with respect and provide communication when things are not happening as they are supposed too. I think the poster above was referring to the fact that Wuxiaworld used to be a better platform than qidian and valued its readers. I think they have stopped doing that as well. 

And even with all all the posts and contact us emails they have never respected the readers enough to communicate with them.
    Your argument is as moronic as you calling me a moron. Instead of looking at it from your point of you, how about you try to broaden your horizon? The community is growing, the demands are rising. They already have new administrators and moderators working here and there but they don't do it fulltime.

With the increased workload for this they will have less time to browse the forums, because the forums is in general infested with spoiled brats like you or the poster a reprimanded in a rude fashion. 

That's why if you have something very important, which you don't have, because you are simply one spoiled brat, you can always contact them at [email protected] But as I said, it needs to be important and not your generic complaint about this and that. And if you want to bring something to attention to a certain translator, go become his/her patron and ask him/her directly regarding your issue. 

If you don't like that, well, then remove yourself from this web page because people are trying to seriously do their work here and you, as a free consumer, are just trying to demand on a basis of nothing.

And wuxiaworld doesn't consist only of the Admins. The translators are responsible for their work, so if you wish to inquire about something regarding one novel, do as stated one paragraph above this one. Ren will only take action if a certain translator is MIA.
  • So what you are saying is that the problem of inconsistant updates with lies about why he is inconsistant isn't important enough to contact them via [email protected] And if we want to ask for a reason or simply contact the translator we have to pay money via patreon? That's your oh so adult reasoning? And if we don't want to pay money for a simple question we have to leave WW? Your argument isn't moronic anymore, you are simply retarded.
  • lail said:
    For a moment I thought administrators cared about the readers because this forum exists...but so far my experience is that us readers are nothing more than living wallets to them. Sad to say but the only difference between them and qidian is probably power.

Well I run my own business and as a business owner I actually have a responsibility to my clients and I typically make sure they receive the services as promised. If a client has feedback or criticism my policy is to listen to them and try my best to fix the problem as opposed to scoffing at them for being dissatisfied. I can't say how things run from where you are from, since I don't know where you are from, but generally where I live we don't treat clients/customers like marks in a scam that can go blow themselves if they don't like the way I interact with them. Yes WW is out to gain money but the difference between them and Qidian used to be that they at least cared about the readers and would work hard to make sure the website ran well and we were kept in the loop on what was going on if translations were not forthcoming. Now they instead treat readers will callous disinterest and therefore appear like Qidian, and considering the support they gained from the community when Qidian went after them I find highly tragic.

Therefore when I express they are no different than Qidian it is with sorrow not malice.

As for my hypocrisy....you have not said a single thing that shows I am a hypocrite seeing as while I do work for money I do not treat my clients as wallets. I instead treat them like people and work hard to make sure they are satisfied with what they receive and do not feel like t heir time nor money was wasted. I suppose if the train of thought was simply 'hey you make money so if you criticize people that make money then you are a hypocrite' then I suppose you are right...if we remove all context and nuance...

Also: 'Post and discuss your requests, suggestions, problems, and anything else here for the admins to look at!' -WW moderators.

As you can see, on top of the email trashcan they provided they also created this forum and explicityly stated that this section of it could be used to post problems and suggestions. I do believe complaints about a translator disappearing would qualify as a problem, also that they seem to ignore this section specifically meant to address these things is also a problem. As far as I see I'm using this forum correctly...now my question is who are you and why do you feel you have a right to tell me how to behave or criticize my posting here? I can assure that any response you give to defend your right also applies to everyone here, even if you disagree with them.

p.s. guys lets try and keep things a little civil and end the juvenile exclamations of 'you're stupid' 'no you're stupid'.
  • unbound said:
    KlausFaye said:
    It's best to just ignore it and let him do whatever he wants with no accountability. Ok
    Has the same result.
  • Well I run my own business and as a business owner I actually have a responsibility to my clients and I typically make sure they receive the services as promised. If a client has feedback or criticism my policy is to listen to them and try my best to fix the problem as opposed to scoffing at them for being dissatisfied. I can't say how things run from where you are from, since I don't know where you are from, but generally where I live we don't treat clients/customers like marks in a scam that can go blow themselves if they don't like the way I interact with them. Yes WW is out to gain money but the difference between them and Qidian used to be that they at least cared about the readers and would work hard to make sure the website ran well and we were kept in the loop on what was going on if translations were not forthcoming. Now they instead treat readers will callous disinterest and therefore appear like Qidian, and considering the support they gained from the community when Qidian went after them I find highly tragic.

Therefore when I express they are no different than Qidian it is with sorrow not malice.

As for my hypocrisy....you have not said a single thing that shows I am a hypocrite seeing as while I do work for money I do not treat my clients as wallets. I instead treat them like people and work hard to make sure they are satisfied with what they receive and do not feel like t heir time nor money was wasted. I suppose if the train of thought was simply 'hey you make money so if you criticize people that make money then you are a hypocrite' then I suppose you are right...if we remove all context and nuance...

Also: 'Post and discuss your requests, suggestions, problems, and anything else here for the admins to look at!' -WW moderators.

As you can see, on top of the email trashcan they provided they also created this forum and explicityly stated that this section of it could be used to post problems and suggestions. I do believe complaints about a translator disappearing would qualify as a problem, also that they seem to ignore this section specifically meant to address these things is also a problem. As far as I see I'm using this forum correctly...now my question is who are you and why do you feel you have a right to tell me how to behave or criticize my posting here? I can assure that any response you give to defend your right also applies to everyone here, even if you disagree with them.

p.s. guys lets try and keep things a little civil and end the juvenile exclamations of 'you're stupid' 'no you're stupid'.
    I guess that's where your misunderstanding stems from.  This isn't a business, we are not clients.  From what I can tell, Wuxiaworld staff get paid from either Patreon or ads.  Both of those are purely optional for the reader.  Also, Aran hasn't even been gone for a month.  As I've said before, unless several months go by with little to no releases and no explanations, nothing is going to be done.  So, there's no point in complaining about it.  As a side note, I still find your statement of Wuxiaworld and Qidian being similar to be very funny.
  • edited January 16
    Well I run my own business and as a business owner I actually have a responsibility to my clients and I typically make sure they receive the services as promised. If a client has feedback or criticism my policy is to listen to them and try my best to fix the problem as opposed to scoffing at them for being dissatisfied. I can't say how things run from where you are from, since I don't know where you are from, but generally where I live we don't treat clients/customers like marks in a scam that can go blow themselves if they don't like the way I interact with them. Yes WW is out to gain money but the difference between them and Qidian used to be that they at least cared about the readers and would work hard to make sure the website ran well and we were kept in the loop on what was going on if translations were not forthcoming. Now they instead treat readers will callous disinterest and therefore appear like Qidian, and considering the support they gained from the community when Qidian went after them I find highly tragic.

I guess that's where your misunderstanding stems from.  This isn't a business, we are not clients.  From what I can tell, Wuxiaworld staff get paid from either Patreon or ads.  Both of those are purely optional for the reader.  Also, Aran hasn't even been gone for a month.  As I've said before, unless several months go by with little to no releases and no explanations, nothing is going to be done.  So, there's no point in complaining about it.  As a side note, I still find your statement of Wuxiaworld and Qidian being similar to be very funny.
    WW Staff gets paid per 1k views afaik, or at least views. So ofc it's a business. less views means less pay from Ren.
  • As stated above, this is a business now as most of the translators (as far as I know) are being paid to translate and post on this website. If this was merely a hobby then this site would run like bluesilvertranslations which has no ads and takes in zero income for posting translations. If you don't believe this is a business then you have a much looser definition of business than I do, and that is fine as we are all entitled to our opinions (you are aware of mine).

You are right that we are not clients, but we are consumers/customers who by coming here to read provide income for the translators and moderators of this site. Of course we are not entitled to anything but neither are they entitled to our patronage of their site which provides income for them via ads. By making it known to them that there is a problem it allows them a chance to fix it and make sure their readership is satisfied. Seeing as they don't care at this moment it is obvious that all they are concerned about is whether there is a steady stream of income and thus like Qidian the only method of causing any improvement will likely be by expressing ourselves by no longer providing them with the web traffic to continue on. Seeing as they do not own the copyright to any of their translations we do not have to depend on them in order to access the stories and only have to wait for their collapse so that someone else could pick up the work (why I say they are like Qidian but with no power).

Seeing as they don't care about us I could hardly be bothered to care about their survival and honestly will quickly move on from them should a more reliable and reader friendly translator pick up the stories I like.

As for Aran, sure he shows up every now and then but he has consistently disappeared for weeks at a time with no warning and all t he while posting on his personal website (demonstrating that he easily could post a courtesy update on translation progress but chooses not to). If it happened once and awhile that is one thing but it seems like it is now his modus operandi to post once and then bugger off. I personally think this is a problem and that WW should address the failings of one of their translators. What is the kicker is that if Aran would just post 'I won't be updating for a week' I would be fine and wouldn't even hold him to chapters owed. However he for whatever reason decided that the best course of action was to rudely never update us and then make up half-assed excuses on why he is delayed.
  • No point in reading till a new translator since he'll just disappear for weeks in between releases.
  • This is indeed a business but it's still a very new and free business. Wuxiaworld doesn't hold that kind of responsibility yet. I am pretty sure the contracts with the translators are incredibly lacks. The goal Ren envisioned with Wuxiaworld was to create a platform that will enable the translators to do what they like but to also have the possibility to earn some pocket money.

The current situation has but changed, because of the huge consumer influx demands are rising. Especially with the introduction of patreon the demands are ever so increasing. There were also huge criticisms against Thyaeria, because his release speed is rather... comfortable for him. Now Wuxiaworld doesn't want to discriminate against either type of translator, that's why they don't hold them by the leash. They wish to enable both the possibility to do what they want with joy.

For example Thyaeria  is trying to get 5 chapters done each week. It's not a promise on his part, but it's a goal he strifes to achieve. It's also stated that way.

Thyaeria: I am currently striving for 5 regular chapters per week.

Now, quite a few consumer here would really hate on Thyaeria because of his slow release spead, which is but completely not understandable. And the other translators as well. What you guys seem to forget is, that some of the translators live in a country that is not in the west. Western standards nowadays are incredibly huge and issues are few and far.

Now that I'm done standing up for the translators and Wuxiaworld I also wish to address issues that are present. It is evident that wuxiaworld is growing by the day. Looking at this small graph you can see what the visit count is for wuxiaworld:
    visit graph
    The visit count is impressive and that is only from last year. With a daily page view of around 4 million wuxiaworld has responsibilities to uphold. But the responsibility they have is not the same as the responsibility the translators have. Let's just focus on Wuxiaworld now.

• Wuxiaworld needs to assure that translators are reliable and deliever their
    • Wuxiaworld needs to deliever a more comfortable platform
    • Wuxiaworld needs to be slightly more transparent as to where they are heading to
    • Wuxiaworld needs to address the "bad ads" issue

These are just some important points that Wuxiaworld should address. Some of them were even declared as being "on the way", for example a new platform for wuxiaworld to present themselves better. But the progress seems to be very slow and there is no update regarding that subject.

Anyway, continue with your hate. The majority of you naysayers will continue to bicker, point fingers and demand even more as if you deserve it and the funny part is, the majority of you are free consumers. Free consumers complain the most strangely. The ones paying are actually the folks that complain less. And yes, I'm a payer.

• I was a payer too until recently and every time I voiced my opinion someone like you came out. What is sad is the only ones speaking out on behalf of WW are people like you and no one who actually has answers from working for WW. That is a problem.

Also my complaint is in regards to the first responsibility you listed. I said that if Aran simply told us about being absent or needing to reduce chapters I would have no complaint. I am not demanding speed I am requesting the courtesy of keeping us informed on the speed. Instead Aran  disappears with no word after promising X chapters. 

Honestly as as much as you love WW people like you make this place worse. You shut down any criticism whether legit or not as simply hate. This then allows WW to function poorly as they don’t have improve since all dissent is shut down by fanatics. If you want to defend WW then don’t defend it and let WW speak for themselves.
  • I was a payer too until recently and every time I voiced my opinion someone like you came out. What is sad is the only ones speaking out on behalf of WW are people like you and no one who actually has answers from working for WW. That is a problem.

Also my complaint is in regards to the first responsibility you listed. I said that if Aran simply told us about being absent or needing to reduce chapters I would have no complaint. I am not demanding speed I am requesting the courtesy of keeping us informed on the speed. Instead Aran  disappears with no word after promising X chapters. 

Honestly as as much as you love WW people like you make this place worse. You shut down any criticism whether legit or not as simply hate. This then allows WW to function poorly as they don’t have improve since all dissent is shut down by fanatics. If you want to defend WW then don’t defend it and let WW speak for themselves.
    You can't be more wrong. You are trying to contradict me. As much as I support WW I have a critical eye. What I'm  condoning is crying and spaming, but never do I go against constructive criticism.

I posted my criticism in a very short manner, because nothing more is needed. Just these five points I pointed out are the issue here and not the wall of texts that say "YOU OWE ME".

What's surprising to me though is, you deem me as someone who shuts down criticism but use actually my criticism (my 5 points I mentioned) to underline the issues you have. Don't you think you are being a little bit funny calling me a "criticism denier"?
  • This is out of my area of expertise, but I'm gonna close this thread, as this is getting out of hand and out of context.  I'll forward this to Ren.

ps. I'm doing this as a hobby (not getting paid), on my own free time as propably quite many of the 'staff' are doing.

• RWXRWX
    edited January 17
    I went ahead and re-opened it.  We're aware of the issue with IGE and have spoken to Aran about it behind the scenes, which is the appropriate way to do it; public floggings is not my style, nor is it an effective workplace management technique.  He'll post an explanation in the next day or two.  FYI - the IDS translation at arantranslations.com is primarily being updated by Aran's partner, not him.

Fundamentally speaking, some people misperceive what Wuxiaworld is and how it operates.  Wuxiaworld.com is not a service provider, it is a platform for high-quality translators to publish their translations. The translators are not my employees, nor do I directly control them or tell them what to do.  Each translator is independently responsible for maintaining their own schedules, their own translations, their own editors, etc.  If you are expecting updates from Wuxiaworld in all but the most serious of cases, you are sorely mistaken, because Wuxiaworld the site has exactly the same amount of information as you do in cases where translators disappear - zilch.  Complaining about Wuxiaworld (the site) when translators are slow is like complaining about Facebook when your friends aren't updating their Facebook feeds.  To put it another way, Wuxiaworld is not a monolith, it is a collection of individuals who share common interests and are loosely governed.

Now, we do our best to only pick good translators who have a good track record, but sometimes things happen.  When they happen too egregiously, the only tool we have available is a blunt one - remove the translator and/or translation entirely.  For obvious reasons, that's not something we will do lightly.  If there are donations/money/Patreon/etc. involved, we will be quicker to take action, and I have historically refunded donations out of my own wallet on several occasions in the past.  None of these things apply for IGE.
  • RWX said:
    I went ahead and re-opened it.  We're aware of the issue with IGE and have spoken to Aran about it behind the scenes, which is the appropriate way to do it; public floggings is not my style, nor is it an effective workplace management technique.  He'll post an explanation in the next day or two.  FYI - the IDS translation at arantranslations.com is primarily being updated by Aran's partner, not him.

Fundamentally speaking, some people misperceive what Wuxiaworld is and how it operates.  Wuxiaworld.com is not a service provider, it is a platform for high-quality translators to publish their translations. The translators are not my employees, nor do I directly control them or tell them what to do.  Each translator is independently responsible for maintaining their own schedules, their own translations, their own editors, etc.  If you are expecting updates from Wuxiaworld in all but the most serious of cases, you are sorely mistaken, because Wuxiaworld the site has exactly the same amount of information as you do in cases where translators disappear - zilch.  Complaining about Wuxiaworld (the site) when translators are slow is like complaining about Facebook when your friends aren't updating their Facebook feeds.  To put it another way, Wuxiaworld is not a monolith, it is a collection of individuals who share common interests and are loosely governed.

Now, we do our best to only pick good translators who have a good track record, but sometimes things happen.  When they happen too egregiously, the only tool we have available is a blunt one - remove the translator and/or translation entirely.  For obvious reasons, that's not something we will do lightly.  If there are donations/money/Patreon/etc. involved, we will be quicker to take action, and I have historically refunded donations out of my own wallet on several occasions in the past.  None of these things apply for IGE.
    Finally you spoke up. I tried to defend WW put people would just overlook me and deeming as as someone who "denies criticism towards WW". Meanwhile I've been trying to communicate that WW is WW and the translators are translators. 

And hi.