Samsara and Reincarnation

Is there a difference between these two stages? I always though they were the same

Comments

• Samsara is above reincarnation stage. :) 

• fool, samsara is below reincarnation
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:
    fool, samsara is below reincarnation
    U must be a fun person at home but before calling someone a fool you better do your research...
    http://wu-dong-qian-kun.wikia.com/wiki/Cultivation_Levels
  • In the translation it will probably be the other way around.
  • Dookie said:
    aashish said:
    fool, samsara is below reincarnation
    U must be a fun person at home but before calling someone a fool you better do your research...
    http://wu-dong-qian-kun.wikia.com/wiki/Cultivation_Levels
    pretty sure that wiki is saying same thing I am
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • Profound Life > Profound Death > Samsara > Reincarnation.

It has also been corrected in the wiki.
  • this is getting me confused as well. in the TL its reincarnation above samsara, in mtl its the other way around. but i find this weird since mtl usually just straight up translate a character to whats closest in the specified language so does that mean reincarnation and samsara is interchangeable? 

someone feel free to enlighten me
  • this is getting me confused as well. in the TL its reincarnation above samsara, in mtl its the other way around. but i find this weird since mtl usually just straight up translate a character to whats closest in the specified language so does that mean reincarnation and samsara is interchangeable? 

someone feel free to enlighten me
    normally they are interchangeable because samsara refers to the cycle of life and death, your born you live and you die and from a certain perspective reincarnation is part of that cycle becoming your born, you life, you die, your reborn as something/someone else you live and you die repeat repeat repeat. however in cultivation terms reincarnation is partially breaking this cycle where you are reborn after death but retain your knowledge and experiences from your previous life not from birth but you unlock them as you cultivate again eventually remembering everything and jumping almost all the way back to where you were previously. however in this case it's much simpler the stages before samsara are the profound life and death stages so in this case the samsara stage is referring to your control and fusion of these 2 forces and the reincarnation stage is the point where when you die you can use these forces to restart your journey with your previous experiences so it's easier the second time. this has been done in other stories where cultivator get stuck at a certain level then force themselves into reincarnation to have a another attempt to reach a higher level but this is the first one i've read to say you must reach this level first or it doesn't work.

at least that is how I interpret it based on the information i have available if someone can give a better answer then feel free to correct me.