Monster Paradise

edited October 2017 in Other Novel Spoilers
Spoilers would be nice, anyone knows if he meets Xue Luo again? and is she his lover?

Synopsis
Lin Huang was a 15-year old boy from Earth, on a path to live his life in a world full of monsters. With his younger sister in his care, and given only 91 days to live, the odds were not in his favor at all... That is until, he killed a vicious vampire, purely by accident. With a twist in his tale, his life was changed completely. As he fought his way through this world with the help of his troops made of men and monsters, the boy sets his sights on a much larger ambition of becoming the greatest monster hunter in the world!

Action Adventure Comedy Fantasy Martial Arts Mature Sci-fi Shounen Supernatural Xuanhuan

novelupdates: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/monster-paradise/

Comments

• Is there romance in this one ?
    How about his sister ?
  • @ramonkad ;
    Yea they meet again and it's kinda hard to say if they become lovers yet, because women pop up all the time in the novel that clearly likes Liu Huang but the author has never shown any romantic feelings from the Liu Huangs side. From what I've read so far up to around 400 chapters he has met at least 3 or 4 women who have shown romantic feelings for him.

There has been a lot of crackdowns on novels that even briefly mention sexual/erotic parts in their novels and thus a lot of authors seem to have chosen to not include these things or to go like in Emperors Domination with implying that things have happened. With the author then going all wink wink you know what happens between a male and a female when they're alone, in author comments.

Some spoilers, well the Liu Huang starts off as a type of summoner MC but like in 99% of all the novels I've read the MC always takes up a melee profession and becomes a close combat user instead, usually a sword user. Because it's more manly?

So at first he is mostly reliant on his summons but after a while the summons becomes more of supports during fights or more of a way to even out the group fights, while the MC instead fights in melee with a chinese saber. 

The only real plotline has been that the MC is trying to survive and grow stronger in a hostile world while keeping his sister safe when he can.
    Along the way he gathers a vampire, a giant, a dragon, a plant, a mechanoid and a clown as his summons together wtih some other summons that are barely summoned or used.

A thing that recently happened kinda rubbed me the wrong way. A bit of a spoiler for around chapter 350-400.
    Liu Huang get's into trouble with an evil organisation and to protect himself and his family he decides to move to a high lvl city, while erasing his traces with the help of a professional that helps out by scrubbing his identity ring clean (people in this world wears a personal ring that works like a super high tech smartphone and is tied to a person, so it works as your identity paper, phone, computer, gps etc etc). Then after moving after moving to the new city it turns out while doing all this he never actually changed his phone number so he keeps calling people he knows and meeting them without a care in the world. Until his fat friend calls him and wants to visit with his new girlfriend, MC goes "Oh sure I moved into XXX city because of trouble so I had to hide just come on over!" then the fat friend comes over and the girlfriend turns out to be an assassin looking for him and used the fatty since it was common knowledge that they were friends, (pretty much everyone and their granny could find this out for a few bucks at the black market) So he fights the girlfriend and plot twist the fatty was already dead since long ago and is just a walking corpse who is animated by the female assassin, but after killing him and living together she feel in love with him and fake fatty say's he wishes she could become his bride in the next life, then the both of them dies. (super crappy part in my book) But what really rubbed me the wrong way here was that the next chapter the MC goes "Sister we have to be careful since even that female assassin could find out we are living here it's not completely safe here anymore!" Bla blah blah. No shit sherlock you even gave out your hiding place yourself what did you expect would happen!? You didn't even change your number any idiot could just phone you and then track the call or something. Seriously is the MC retarded or something?
  • @tobajas

Yeah that spoiler going to make me put this novel on hold for a while. I don't mind MC making mistakes but doing something that dumb is just pure shit. Keeping the same number so damn stupid. Plus you said he stop using his summons as much and thats the only reason I read this novel. I don't give a shit about some sword cultivator there are million novels like that. 
  • bonifide said:
    @tobajas

Yeah that spoiler going to make me put this novel on hold for a while. I don't mind MC making mistakes but doing something that dumb is just pure shit. Keeping the same number so damn stupid. Plus you said he stop using his summons as much and thats the only reason I read this novel. I don't give a shit about some sword cultivator there are million novels like that. 
    He doesn't stop using the summons but the MC's combat focus turns into a Saber user. It's kinda like how he starts as a major in summoning and a minor in gun usage. Then later on he get's told my his teacher not to focus so much on his summons and instead he himself needs to be as strong as his summons. So his focus instead shifts into majoring in sabers and minor in summoning. It turns a bit weird after a while because the system pretty much say's that it is there to give power to the MC while at the same time steer him in the right way and the best development path. Which in turns means that the system limits the card's power or even seals them if they are too strong compared to the MC's power. Which is a cheap way in my book of the author to just prevent the MC growing too strong.

But yeah it is kinda sad to see how most chinese novels somehow all turn their MC into melee fighters eventually simply because it is seen as the MC is more manly and cool if he fights up close and personal. Which is fine to me but not every MC has to turn into a melee fighter in the end.

The classic tale of this is Coiling Dragon where the MC is shown to have a great talent in magic early on and then becomes a magician. But the MC always wanted to be a melee fighter cause it's cooler. So after some few hundred chapters, he awakens his "dragon blood" and then he pretty much completely abandoned his magic instead in favor of melee fighting. Since melee is the way the MC wanted to go all along. Then the novel goes on and shows that melee fighting is supreme and by making everyone who focuses on melee pretty much always wins and dominates fights while magicians are shown as weak and fragile.

So to end my little rant here it is quite annoying how MC always turns to melee by the end and melee is proclaimed to be the best way.
  • Also to give an example the latest fight I read, he releases his summons to fight on their own which is showcased over around 3-4 chapters for 3 of his summons and then 3-4 chapters of him fighting with his saber. Fight before this it was around 5-6 chapters of him fighting in melee alone because his best summons was sealed by the system and the others he could summon were too weak.
  • tobajas said:
    @ramonkad ;
    Yea they meet again and it's kinda hard to say if they become lovers yet, because women pop up all the time in the novel that clearly likes Liu Huang but the author has never shown any romantic feelings from the Liu Huangs side. From what I've read so far up to around 400 chapters he has met at least 3 or 4 women who have shown romantic feelings for him.

There has been a lot of crackdowns on novels that even briefly mention sexual/erotic parts in their novels and thus a lot of authors seem to have chosen to not include these things or to go like in Emperors Domination with implying that things have happened. With the author then going all wink wink you know what happens between a male and a female when they're alone, in author comments.

Some spoilers, well the Liu Huang starts off as a type of summoner MC but like in 99% of all the novels I've read the MC always takes up a melee profession and becomes a close combat user instead, usually a sword user. Because it's more manly?

So at first he is mostly reliant on his summons but after a while the summons becomes more of supports during fights or more of a way to even out the group fights, while the MC instead fights in melee with a chinese saber. 

The only real plotline has been that the MC is trying to survive and grow stronger in a hostile world while keeping his sister safe when he can.
    Along the way he gathers a vampire, a giant, a dragon, a plant, a mechanoid and a clown as his summons together wtih some other summons that are barely summoned or used.

A thing that recently happened kinda rubbed me the wrong way. A bit of a spoiler for around chapter 350-400.
    Liu Huang get's into trouble with an evil organisation and to protect himself and his family he decides to move to a high lvl city, while erasing his traces with the help of a professional that helps out by scrubbing his identity ring clean (people in this world wears a personal ring that works like a super high tech smartphone and is tied to a person, so it works as your identity paper, phone, computer, gps etc etc). Then after moving after moving to the new city it turns out while doing all this he never actually changed his phone number so he keeps calling people he knows and meeting them without a care in the world. Until his fat friend calls him and wants to visit with his new girlfriend, MC goes "Oh sure I moved into XXX city because of trouble so I had to hide just come on over!" then the fat friend comes over and the girlfriend turns out to be an assassin looking for him and used the fatty since it was common knowledge that they were friends, (pretty much everyone and their granny could find this out for a few bucks at the black market) So he fights the girlfriend and plot twist the fatty was already dead since long ago and is just a walking corpse who is animated by the female assassin, but after killing him and living together she feel in love with him and fake fatty say's he wishes she could become his bride in the next life, then the both of them dies. (super crappy part in my book) But what really rubbed me the wrong way here was that the next chapter the MC goes "Sister we have to be careful since even that female assassin could find out we are living here it's not completely safe here anymore!" Bla blah blah. No shit sherlock you even gave out your hiding place yourself what did you expect would happen!? You didn't even change your number any idiot could just phone you and then track the call or something. Seriously is the MC retarded or something?
    No offense, but you are aware that Weng Shai and the purple crow are different right? The assassin is the girl brainwashed by Weng Shai, who was killed by White, and is now undead, his "Mother" is a powerful imperial palace or demigod, more likely to be demigod at this point. They don't have numbers, they have contact lists. The purple crow simply put a tracking software on his ring, they thought he was dead for 1 month because of deception card and also he followed a similar path in transport to the ash. You clearly misunderstood a lot. The assassin is from a royal family in the 3rd district, which is where lin huang is after around 600 chapters. There is no plothole, the rings don't use satellites, they use crystals to create signals, thus you can't be tracked, and again, why track a dead person. He thought he was safe because Weng Shai wasn't even BlackIron because of his broken lifewheel. That is why he warned his sister. Not all plotholes are equal, some are more equal than others.

Weng Shai group - royal family in 3rd district we know no connections to purple crow, because purple crow kidnapped lin huang and they don't ever have purple crow insignia.

SPOILERS

Purple crow, Hongzhuan Spoilers - (thinks he lin might be her missing younger brother) brings him to camp expecting him to try to escape, doesn't expect he has a cheat death skill, is somewhat sad about it. They burn his actual body, since cheat death skill doesn't destroy bodies, which will become very important later on although Author hasn't actual gotten to the part where that will be influential. Spoiler - (they can extract skills from genes, thus lin huangs DNA is S class valuable).
  • bonifide said:
    @tobajas

No, he ends up a Wizard. Bloody becomes his personal tentacle monster, Kelly his angel servant, White his vampire partner, Charcoal his Dragon for protecting his loot and Tyrant his war machine, and becomes an OP wizard with telekinesis that can give his enemies three days of doom. However, even at chapter 700 the focus is on him not summons unfortunately. Just read up to when the summons can speak.
  • tobajas said:
    @ramonkad ;

I'm pretty sure, 700 chapters in, although he mentions her occasionally, he hasn't met Xue Luo again. When was this?
  • What happens to his little brother? the one that he adopted and ran away after something that MC master gave him?
  • What happens to his little brother? the one that he adopted and ran away after something that MC master gave him?
    He's Fu's apprentice from 300 years ago, or more accurately, a clone of him. He achieved godhood and died, and somehow was cloned, he ran away to find the the rest of his memories, after what Fu gave him activated his blood. It was only mentioned once, so there will be more development when the author gets to it, but for now, his whereabouts are unknown. Also Fu didn't expect him to run away.