Ok i have to share this

Is about the manhua

battle between Linley and Haeru, just check the end of the chapter lol that is to much, even more that "grandma Delin"

Comments

• why does he have bat wings in one panel and feathered wings on the others? :S
  • also seriously humn form for a 9th ranked beast -_-
  • edited October 2015
    El_vago said:

Is about the manhua

battle between Linley and Haeru, just check the end of the chapter lol that is to much, even more that "grandma Delin"
    beyond retarded beasts are not suppose to human transform until they reach the deity level (or was it saint? cant remember)
    and that is linley's dragon form? fk that my imagination was much cooler.
    haeru looks like a normal panther too in the novel i think there were some cloudlike patterns on it? cant remember clearly
    and i believe the sword linley is using should be the bloodviolet? that thing is so far from the words blood or violet it isnt even funny.
    linley and his dragonform look too alike in the manga. in the novel people couldnt even recognize who linley was in his dragon form.
    if the characters in the manga couldnt recognize that dragonformed linley as linley then dam they are blind

hope IET sues whoever the fk is drawing this manga which i doubt will happen but i will hope. 
  • edited October 2015

El_vago said:

Is about the manhua

beyond retarded beasts are not suppose to human transform until they reach the deity level (or was it saint? cant remember)
    haeru looks like a normal panther too in the novel i think there were some cloudlike patterns on it? cant remember clearly
    and i believe the sword linley is using should be the bloodviolet? that thing is so far from the words blood or violet it isnt even funny.
    linley and his dragonform look too alike in the manga. in the novel people couldnt even recognize who linley was in his dragon form.
    if the characters in the manga couldnt recognize that dragonformed linley as linley then dam they are blind

hope IET sues whoever the fk is drawing this manga which i doubt will happen but i will hope. 
    I hope IET will slap them  on the face with a chair
  • El_vago said:

Is about the manhua

I hope IET will slap them  on the face with a chair
    just a slap? just a chair? dam your kindness! 
  • Wait...Haeru doesn't attain human form in the forest of the magical beasts...He's only a Level 9.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Lowlav said:

Wait...Haeru doesn't attain human form in the forest of the magical beasts...He's only a Level 9.

That's only true in the light novel, the manhwa is doing its own thing. In the chapter that was just translated Bebe could speak the human tongue in the first visit to the forest of magical beasts, it's gonna have the story of the light novel but it's not gonna be set in stone, I'm amazed on how biased some people are here. :P Just enjoy the fact that it's a different story to the already awesome CD World.
  • yeah..... whoever the artist and story designers are, need to die by a thousand cuts.

list of things wrong:
    1. linley has wings
    2. his dragonform is seriously mess up. looks nothing like IET described
    3. if that's bebe, then artist needs to die by another thousand cuts.
    4. that better be bladeless because that sword is way to fucking big to be bloodviolet. (linley wears it like a belt after all, no way that huge thing can be bloodviolet.)
    5. artist changes the forms of the wings from batlike to birdlike.
    6. haeru changing to human form. that's a major violation of the story. magical beasts can only attain human for once they become a diety.
    7. panther didn't fight bebe. bebe didn't get to show him who's boss.
    8. da fuq, is that seriously supposed to be bebe?
    9. that's a fucking mutant rabbit creature, where's the godeater rat bebe?
    10. did i mention that bunny looks nothing like bebe?
    11. the very existance of this manhua.
    12. the artist and editors.
    1000332424. haeru's design is lacking. no cloud tattoos, no transformations. yada yada.

all in all. just another reason for me to avoid the manhua. seriously people, how hard is it to follow a fucking web novel? especially one that has plenty of info to work with.
  • In regards of your first point, if you would look back to the light novel when he was fighting Haeru, you would KNOW that he had WINGS back then too. He used a rank 8 flying skill go get wings in order to fly, it has nothing to do with his dragon transformation or any other transformation, it's a Rank 8 Wind Spell....
  • Spoiler:
    “Crash!” The tree toppled to the ground towards the panther.

This tree was enormous enough that when it was falling, it took up half of available space. To the physically small Linley, it didn’t prove a problem at all, but the enormous panther was forced to slash at it with its paws and rip it in half.

Seizing this moment, Linley finally completed the magical incantation he was chanting.

“Swiiiish.” On Linley’s back, a pair of translucent, blue wings suddenly appeared. Flashing with azure light, the translucent wings seemed extremely beautiful. With a gentle flap of the wings, Linley’s body rocketed into the air.

Wind-style spell of the eighth rank: Airwings!

Do some research bros.

• In regards of your first point, if you would look back to the light novel when he was fighting Haeru, you would KNOW that he had WINGS back then too. He used a rank 8 flying skill go get wings in order to fly, it has nothing to do with his dragon transformation or any other transformation, it's a Rank 8 Wind Spell....

yes i know he had 'transparent wings' when he fought haeru because of a spell, but the wings shown (before they changed into birdlike) looked like they were part of his dragonfrom. that's what i meant.
  • edited October 2015

why does he have bat wings in one panel and feathered wings on the others? :S

Those bat wings should be the wings of his dragon form but he doesnt have those in the novel

the other wings are from a spell of wind magic

Lowlav said:

Wait...Haeru doesn't attain human form in the forest of the magical beasts...He's only a Level 9.

That's only true in the light novel, the manhwa is doing its own thing. In the chapter that was just translated Bebe could speak the human tongue in the first visit to the forest of magical beasts, it's gonna have the story of the light novel but it's not gonna be set in stone, I'm amazed on how biased some people are here. :P Just enjoy the fact that it's a different story to the already awesome CD World.
    The problem is the manhua changes things that are difficult to understand, one thing is changing grandpa Dohering gender, that really doesnt affect the plot (still disgraceful) but how can Bebe and Haeru talk without being saint level magical beast and how can Haeru take human form without being a deity??? that will invole a lot of changes later
  • from what i remember it should be that magical beast will attain human form when they reach saint rank and divine beast will reach human form when they reach deity rank. correct me if i am wrong.

and sorry for my gramma
  • edited October 2015
    frustrating
  • edited November 2015
    Mr_Lu said:

from what i remember it should be that magical beast will attain human form when they reach saint rank and divine beast will reach human form when they reach deity rank. correct me if i am wrong.

and sorry for my gramma
    wrong. magical beasts gain the ability to talk at saint rank but do not get a human form till deity level. the reason is magical beasts have no actual human form. only after the divine energy from deity rank empowers and upgrades their base form can they attain a human form.

the difference between divine beasts and normal magical beasts is that divine beasts will naturally reach deity level. magical beasts such as haeru will never be able to become a deity naturally, while only a very few strong saint rank beasts will be able to break through to the deity level. most non magical beasts can only ever reach deity level through fusing with a spark. this only applies to the material realms though. the divine plains are so rich in energy that most beasts will reach saint rank and a lot of them given enough time will eventually make a breakthrough to deity level.

Lowlav said:

im glad you don't mind if someone walks into your house and tears down a wall and paints all your walls hot pink while inserting disco balls as light fixtures in all your rooms. because thats gives you a rough idea of what these people are doing. they are changing the very baseline rules of the CD universe.

you see linley's dragon form having wings as just a minor change. but it's not. i didn't see the razorback wyrm (cuz i don't wanna poison myself even further) but in the novel it didn't have wings. and linley's ancestor is a classic chinese dragon (long serpent like creature with claws) so it didn't have wings either. giving linley's dragonform wings is basically ignoring where his dragonblood comes from.

bebe's design is so mess up, that his very species is different. so instead of a godeater 'rat' he's a godeater 'bunny'.

magical beasts speaking and humanforms are base laws of the CD universe. if the manhua team isn't even gonna follow the base laws, why bother even doing it? might as well make it so all people can naturally fly and everyone's a mage, and everyone reaches sainthood, and gods just hand out god sparks during fesitvals. i wouldn't be surprised if by the time these people get to the point of godhood for linley, he fuses with sparks and all of them are from uber badass people, and then he later becomes a deity in all the laws.
  • Vexram said:

Mr_Lu said:

from what i remember it should be that magical beast will attain human form when they reach saint rank and divine beast will reach human form when they reach deity rank. correct me if i am wrong.

and sorry for my gramma
    wrong. magical beasts gain the ability to talk at saint rank but do not get a human form till deity level. the reason is magical beasts have no actual human form. only after the divine energy from deity rank empowers and upgrades their base form can they attain a human form.

the difference between divine beasts and normal magical beasts is that divine beasts will naturally reach deity level. magical beasts such as haeru will never be able to become a deity naturally, while only a very few strong saint rank beasts will be able to break through to the deity level. most non magical beasts can only ever reach deity level through fusing with a spark. this only applies to the material realms though. the divine plains are so rich in energy that most beasts will reach saint rank and a lot of them given enough time will eventually make a breakthrough to deity level.

Lowlav said:

im glad you don't mind if someone walks into your house and tears down a wall and paints all your walls hot pink while inserting disco balls as light fixtures in all your rooms. because thats gives you a rough idea of what these people are doing. they are changing the very baseline rules of the CD universe.

you see linley's dragon form having wings as just a minor change. but it's not. i didn't see the razorback wyrm (cuz i don't wanna poison myself even further) but in the novel it didn't have wings. and linley's ancestor is a classic chinese dragon (long serpent like creature with claws) so it didn't have wings either. giving linley's dragonform wings is basically ignoring where his dragonblood comes from.

bebe's design is so mess up, that his very species is different. so instead of a godeater 'rat' he's a godeater 'bunny'.

magical beasts speaking and humanforms are base laws of the CD universe. if the manhua team isn't even gonna follow the base laws, why bother even doing it? might as well make it so all people can naturally fly and everyone's a mage, and everyone reaches sainthood, and gods just hand out god sparks during fesitvals. i wouldn't be surprised if by the time these people get to the point of godhood for linley, he fuses with sparks and all of them are from uber badass people, and then he later becomes a deity in all the laws.
    So I guess that's the difference between you and me, you see the stories as "Your room", while I see the Light Novel and the Manhwa as two completely different museums that I can go inside and explore and enjoy.
  • Lowlav said:

Well yeah the writer / artist told the readers it's going to be a loose adaptation. Some people just complain on and on. I was not, though. XD Merely pointed it out.

The Almighty Froppy
  • I feel this is kind of like Fullmetal Alchemist and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, they're both different stories within the same universe, per say, but they're both enjoyable. Stop comparing. XD
  • there is 2 adaptation that i absolutely avoid... western novel / comic to movie and xianxia to manhua... while some of them are actually good but most of them really are crap...
  • So I guess that's the difference between you and me, you see the stories as "Your room", while I see the Light Novel and the Manhwa as two completely different museums that I can go inside and explore and enjoy.

meh. if it was a novel to movie adaptation, i could understand the drastic changes, but it's from web novel to manhua, web novels are already basically manuscripts for manhua, the fact that they change so much of it makes no sense. not only does it add to the workload of coming up with new scenes and designs, it also hurts the orginal's reputation. many people often think, 'i wish there was an manhua/anime to X story' hoping to see the awesomeness they read in a more visual way, but then we get shit like this and DD. we want to see the characters as they are described, not as some random artist feels they should look like.
  • And you're 100% certain that IET has not approved the way they have made the Manhwa? For reals? ;o
  • And you're 100% certain that IET has not approved the way they have made the Manhwa? For reals? ;o

even if he did. so what? doesn't change the fact that they chopped up the best part of the story. it'd be one thing if it was after linley went to the necropolis of the gods, thats when things started to go down hill anyway. but this part of the story is was made CD great.

anyways this is a personal opinion. im not the majority so it's not like it matters in the grand scheme of things. and if i had to guess, i'd say IET has had no say in the adaptations of his stories. he's to busy pumping out chapters for his current ones. (plus i think he's sold his rights to his stories, so even if he coughs up blood when reading this disgrace of a manhua, he couldn't do shit about it.)
  • why people still try to translate and scan it? they dont know about the novel? if so, so notargue with them, they will prove you wrong))
  • El_vago said:

This is what the "so what" is, IET has to give approval to what is released in the Manhwa, if he wasn't satisfied with it, why would he let it be published? Which means you guys are crying and whining because a completely fresh story that is FREE is not to your liking. Boohoo, go grab a different book or manhwa to read instead then, while I get to enjoy two different Coiling Dragons. :)
  • This manga.. 

... It makes me cry. Haeru doesn't get his human form UNTIL he becomes a deity.

I don't mind if it's original or diverts from the CD universe, just say so! Don't claim "this is Coiling Dragon" because it's not following the books at all. I was able to bear "Grandma Delin" and whatnot. But this is... 

(sigh) Oh well. I'll just ignore it and focus on LN only. 
  • El_vago said:

This is what the "so what" is, IET has to give approval to what is released in the Manhwa, if he wasn't satisfied with it, why would he let it be published? Which means you guys are crying and whining because a completely fresh story that is FREE is not to your liking. Boohoo, go grab a different book or manhwa to read instead then, while I get to enjoy two different Coiling Dragons. :)
    i'm honestly happy for you. the fact that you'll like anything is a great thing. i wish i could be like that, but sadly, i have standards.

also. im still pretty sure that IET has no say in what's done to the manga adaptation. or just doesn't care.
  • It's his work, it's copyrighted. Naturally, people can't just go "Bruh, I wanna make a manhwa of this story, let's do it and get 100% of all the moneehzzz." 
  • It's his work, it's copyrighted. Naturally, people can't just go "Bruh, I wanna make a manhwa of this story, let's do it and get 100% of all the moneehzzz." 

many of these web authors sell their rights or at least media rights. at least i've heard so. and since they've sold their rights to the story they might get a percentage of the profits but they no longer have any say over what the new owners do with it.

regardless, if IET does have  a say in this and is letting this butchery of his story happen, then he's not the author i thought he was. but then again, a lot of authors only care about making money and don't give a damn about the story.

well i guess it's just me having too much respect for the original to accept what's been done to it's manhua adaptation.