Why I don’t think the Immortal or Ghost will appear in this series.

So in A Will Eternal a lot of readers and fans of Er Gen think the main character in this book is Patriarch Vast Expanse the Ghost or will become the Immortal. Well I personally doubt he’d be the Ghost because Deathblade already confirmed that he isn’t the Ghost and I also doubt he’d become the Immortal because it wouldn’t make sense. When Meng Hao transcended he defeated and devoured Allheaven ultimately becoming Allheaven himself and the thing that happened to Allheaven also happened to him like him fadinginto four fingers that carry the aura of the God,Devil,Ghost,and Demon and then a God,Ghost, and Devil appeared when Meng Hao was Allheaven and they couldn’t defeat Meng Hao(Allheaven) so they destroyed one of his fingers then fled into the universe and then Meng Hao devoured the Demon and did what the previous Allheaven could not and returned to his previous self. So when he regained his memories as Meng Hao the four fingers disappeared and he formed back into his body so I don’t know how someone can absorb his essence and transcend like Wang Lin or Su Ming and Vast Expanse, and I seriously doubt he’s even from the Vast Expanse but since the Vast Expanse is t the same as before we’ll never know. All we know that only the ninth mountain remains from the epoch Meng Hao belonged to and Shui Dongliu is Meng Hao’s Emissary.

Comments

• edited October 2017
    That does not prove that he isn't following the Ghost path to transcendence. The only thing it proves is that he isn't "The Ghost" that was mentioned in ISSTH. The path that the MC follows is usually given away quite early on as Er Gen is a master at foreshadowing future events.

Wang Lin "Ancient 'God' tactic"
    Su Ming "Berserker ie (devil) Cultivation Realm"
    Meng Hao "League of 'Demon' Sealers"

Bai Xiaochun "Undying Live-Forever Technique"

The important bit is that the technique is called 'Undying', not Immortal
    Undying and Undead have the same definition btw, and ghosts are undead.

He may not be Patriarch Vast Expanse, but he could be a new Ghost that came later.
  • Even if we assume that A Will Eternal takes place in the same overall universe as Er Gen's previous stuff, it could be taking place in a different universe than the Vast Expanse of the previous settings.

I do remember reading a fun theory though, that rather than being the Ghost or the True Immortal, Bai Xiaochun would be the Emperor that the Immortal was fighting. There's really nothing to go on but the fact that Lord Fifth is the sort of bizarre creature that Bai Xiaochun tends to make via alchemy.
  • The cultivation paths are all pretty much fake anyways, its just ways in which you can reach transcendence, after that it doesn't really matter how you got there anyways. I also agree that it could be about "The Emperor" who is the parrot's original master. Or a completely new MC that's from a different whirlpool world (galaxy) from wang lin and them.
  • I'd like to throw in my lot. I think Bai will complete the Immortal Path as well as the Immortal Body for true Immortal Transcendence. The reason being his thorough obsession with living forever. Once he eventually finds out true transcendence pretty much secures this, he'll go all out to acquire it. Then the question would be whether him or Meng Hao will step into Ancestor Realm.
  • Myurton said:
    That does not prove that he isn't following the Ghost path to transcendence. The only thing it proves is that he isn't "The Ghost" that was mentioned in ISSTH. The path that the MC follows is usually given away quite early on as Er Gen is a master at foreshadowing future events.

Except the very definition of immortal is "living forever; never dying or decaying." It sounds a lot like a certain technique our MC is practising.

I believe BXC is the immortal that eventually becomes the emperor. Allheaven is just clone of BXC. That would explain why he's so afraid of another immortal emerging.

Should also be pointed out that 10th level of qi condensation and golden cores in core formation seem to be rather common knowledge where as in ISSTH those are in the realm of legends. Could be a hint that AWE happened loong before issth.
  • makozilla said:
    Myurton said:

Except the very definition of immortal is "living forever; never dying or decaying." It sounds a lot like a certain technique our MC is practising.

I believe BXC is the immortal that eventually becomes the emperor. Allheaven is just clone of BXC. That would explain why he's so afraid of another immortal emerging.

Should also be pointed out that 10th level of qi condensation and golden cores in core formation seem to be rather common knowledge where as in ISSTH those are in the realm of legends. Could be a hint that AWE happened loong before issth.
    The Emperor is a different figure from the Immortal.

We know pretty much nothing about them. The Emperor was Lord Fifth's original master and he was fighting the Immortal.

As for the core and qi condensation levels, it may not really matter as much as you think. The tenth level of Qi Condensation in ISSTH and in AWE aren't really all that similar. Hell, Renegade Immortal has fifteen levels.

The Cultivation system is different enough between the settings that I don't think it can be used as much of a link.
  • I think BXC will follow the path of the immortal but people will plot behind his back and tragedy will make him turn into the ghost. There are just too many ghost references to ignore. BXC gets too many ghostly abilities and too many ghost friends as the story progresses, similar to Meng Hao and all his demon abilities and friends.
  • makozilla said:
    Myurton said:

You're completely lost here. The Emperor and The Immortal are two strong existences in the multiverse that are enemies. They're trying to destroy one another. 

The Emperor is the creator/master of lord fifth (the parrot), and we pretty know nothing else about him (he is who I think BXC is)

The Immortal is the main body of Allheaven, and we know nothing else besides that. it was ALLHEAVEN that was afraid of an immortal raising up, not the immortal. Allheaven's memories were muddled up after the fight with lord fifth and that other girl, and he thought the immortal was his enemy, when in fact, it was his main body.

The cultivation system in AWE is a lot more advanced than in any of ergen's other works, which goes to show that it doesn't take place in su ming/wang lin/meng hao's universe. Because their universe is extremely new and backwater when compared to the rest of the multiverse. 

All we know for sure so far is that BXC's story is not about patriarch vast expanse (due to confirmation from ergen)
    the rest of it is all just speculations
  • Yea okey, the part about the emperor is completely bogus. But everything else is still plausible about BXC being the immortal and allheaven being BXC's clone and all that. I think Er Gen is trying to pull a fast one on the readers by tying ghosts into the story to make us think BXC is the ghost while making us ignore that his signature "Undying Live-Forever Technique" is the very definition of immortality.

Recently however I've begun to think that perhaps BXC is none of the five fingers, but in his pursuit of immortality ends up fighting the immortal. Hence BXC being the emperor.
  • I personally believe that if this takes place in the same universe as the rest of the novels, this has to be a lower realm like the windswept realm. The fact that their cultivation always requires another item as a catalyst in order to break through doesn't seem like a place favored by the heavens. Then the fact that there is a limit on the cultivation on the world. Remember the limit for the WIndswept realm was "Cauldron-Seeking". I feel like their are more similarities.
  • edited April 15
    I personally believe that if this takes place in the same universe as the rest of the novels, this has to be a lower realm like the windswept realm. The fact that their cultivation always requires another item as a catalyst in order to break through doesn't seem like a place favored by the heavens. Then the fact that there is a limit on the cultivation on the world. Remember the limit for the WIndswept realm was "Cauldron-Seeking". I feel like their are more similarities.
    actually a much more advanced universe/whirlpool world than the others, the other mcs' novels took place in a very young and backwater universe, whereas from what I've been told from raw readers bxc's universe is the same as the one where the true immortal comes from, its far older and much more advanced and much established in cultivation