Seeking the Flying Sword Path

2»

Comments

• edited January 5
    chrish said:
    chrish said:
    So I finally started reading this; why the hell does each IET novel have to start with humans vs demons/ beasts  garbage? Can't he be bit more original?

And IET is trying to go deeper into romance/ politics than usual but it's so not like him. It just seems awkward!
    He tries to improve and failures are bound to happen.
    I like the fact that he tries to improve and STFS might not be his best story yet the fact that he tries new things is giving me hope his futures story will have more depth and be better than anything he has written as long as he doesn't try to imitate but add to what he already has.
    Each IET story has their unique qualities that I like:

1) Coiling Dragon: best story

2) Desolate Era: World building; especially it was perfect till three-realm arc. Later half seems to be hit or miss depending on your taste

3) LXY: cultivation systems

4) Swallowed Star: Sci-Fi setting.

ST is probably his weakest work but that can be forgiven for being initial project. For current novel, he could have gradually let the romance develop instead of making the fairy from heaven instantly fall for the MC.

Saying it was instant is a bit much considering they knew each other for years before they got married. That's more like an average relationship development in real life.
  • edited January 5
    The current translation just reached the final chapter of the 4th volume.Here ill try to give some spoilers for the 5th volume,however everyone should take what i write with a grain of salt as i used MTL.I wont try to cover everything that happened just some of the more important stuff.
    After Qin Yun(QY) and Yi Xiao(YX) exit the immortal abode they are greeted by the Yi clan's ancestor.They talk and he approves of the marriage between them.Then he takes them to trade the treasures.QY sells him the transcendent grade cauldron.
      While QY trade for treasures, the demons learns of the couple going out from the abode and decide to kill and get his treasure.Some formidable demons are dispatched.Of course they cant kill him while he is at the HQ of Inspector Heavenly Alliance.So they decide to do it at some later date either in his own house or when he gets out.
      Done with the trade QY and YX go back to Grand Dominance.On the way demons are spying on them.So when they get back Yi clan ancestor sets up his formation  for which he is famous in Qin manor.Few days later QY uses that formation to kill every demon spy in Grand Dominance.
      Demons understand that its kinda impossible to rob much less kill him while he is in the city, so they decide to wait.
      Days pass and QY reaches the Sword intent Paramount realm.
      QY receives message for help from one of his friends from the northern border.His nickname is Scholar according to MTL.So QY rushes to the province this Scholar is.There he finds him on deathbed with his adopted daughter.Scholar ask QY to take care of her.She is a demon.A fish demon(this might change as i used MTL so yeah).Apparently the wife of her father wished to kill her for some reason(this will be known nearly at the end of the volume, the girl thinks its her biological father that wants to kill her.)
      They decide to bury him with his family members, and mourn for 3 days.At some point demons attack.QY then kill 2 gold core demons instantly.And everyone finds out he is at the Paramount realm.They fight abit then every demon just leave as they get it they wont be able to kill him without fight to the death.QY gets quite famous after this battle.When they return to Grand Dominance a lot of people come to offer congratulations and gifts.
       The East Sea Dragon Palace Prince comes to offer some gifts.Then he asks to see QY alone.There he tells him about YX's mother.So her mother name is Ao Xue and she is pureblooded dragon from the West Sea Dragon Palace.Pureblooded dragons aren't supposed to marry with other races, so Ao Xue fallin in love with YX's father and then conceiving and giving birth to YX was considered taboo.So they came and took Ao Xue and imprisoned her for 500 years in solitude.QY decides to not tell YX for now.
      QY decides to go to the West Sea Dragon Palace and see if he can save Ao Xue.At some point Bai Junyue contacts him and ask him to find out if her brother really was killed by some demon.QY accepts.When he departs he will also look for some YX's clansmen that went missing in the West Sea.
      In the West Sea Dragon Palace he asks for Ao Xue to be released.Of course he is refused, so he leaves.Then he contacts the Myriad Temple if they can help.The scarlet dragon there ask him to wait for a while and he will contact him with the conditions.QY decides to look for YX's clansmen while waiting.A bit later the scarlet dragon from Myriad Temple contacts him and says there are 3 ways to save Ao Xue: a Numinous grade treasure/weapon(this here i didnt understand as it might be transcendent grade and above,but i think it is numinous grade),blood dragon crystal(this name will definitely change in official translation),and the 3rd condition is QY to serve Myriad Temple for 100 years once he attains Sword Dao and they will bear the cost to free Ao Xue.QY refuses the 3rd conditions,the 1st condition too and ask where he can find blood dragon crystal.The scarlet dragon tells him and adds that it will be very dangerous.
      QY went to search for YX's clansmen and finds out a new entrance to the Ancient Dragon Temple(i skipped here some info and the temlpe name probably will change too in translation).QY finds them inside.They are infected with some stuff(the MTL wasnt quite clear here,but its either the soul of some devil or the devil's killing intent or hatred).QY ignores them for awhile as they can hold for now.He goes in to check and sees a blood dragon crystal.But there are some devils?(name subject to change)666 of them if MTL can be trusted.Anyway there is no way for him to get it and he runs away after some short battle.He goes another direction to explore but there is nothing and is too dangerous so he gets back,takes the 2 YX clansmen and return them to Yi clan.There the ancestor personally acts to save them.
      QY goes to the lair of the demon than killed Bai Junchen (Bai Junyue's bro) he asks him about it and the demon says he killed him.QY ask him to get some of the better treasures the Bai dude had, but the demon refuses saying everything was destroyed(i am not writing the demon's name as mtl's name is well weird).QY leaves and that demon reports to some devil god or something.QY then tells Bai Junyue of his findings about her brother.Then he returns to Grand Dominance.
    3 years pass and he is killing some true core demon.Then he goes back and informs YX about going in seclusion for a few days.YX is at the true core now and is surprised to hear QY saying he will go to seclusion, but she instantly figures out that he is going to break throu to the gold core stage.So he goes and does just that.Here we learn that there are stages to the gold core - weak and strong.QY gets a purple-gold core which is the extreme for the gold core realm.When he exits and tell YX about it they throw a party for it and that's how the volume end.

Please do note that i haven't written about some stuff.For example the fish demon girl - this will probably be the 6th volume main focus along with the rescue of Yi Xiao's mother.Of course this is just my theory and may or may not happen.Anyway that's all for now from the story.I think that from the 6th volume onwards the story will become better and better as there's good potential for some revenge and saving.I just hope IET wont drag Qin Yun's breaking throu the Essence Soul realm, like he did with Ning's repairing his soul after the daomerge.
  • Can anyone give a link to Raws (not paid)?
  • DragoM said:
    Can anyone give a link to Raws (not paid)?
    www.uukanshu.net take the chinese name write on the seach
  • Narcox said:
    DragoM said:
    Can anyone give a link to Raws (not paid)?
    www.uukanshu.net take the chinese name write on the seach
    Thank you!
  • darkmanx1 said:
    The current translation just reached the final chapter of the 4th volume.Here ill try to give some spoilers for the 5th volume,however everyone should take what i write with a grain of salt as i used MTL.I wont try to cover everything that happened just some of the more important stuff.
    After Qin Yun(QY) and Yi Xiao(YX) exit the immortal abode they are greeted by the Yi clan's ancestor.They talk and he approves of the marriage between them.Then he takes them to trade the treasures.QY sells him the transcendent grade cauldron.
      While QY trade for treasures, the demons learns of the couple going out from the abode and decide to kill and get his treasure.Some formidable demons are dispatched.Of course they cant kill him while he is at the HQ of Inspector Heavenly Alliance.So they decide to do it at some later date either in his own house or when he gets out.
      Done with the trade QY and YX go back to Grand Dominance.On the way demons are spying on them.So when they get back Yi clan ancestor sets up his formation  for which he is famous in Qin manor.Few days later QY uses that formation to kill every demon spy in Grand Dominance.
      Demons understand that its kinda impossible to rob much less kill him while he is in the city, so they decide to wait.
      Days pass and QY reaches the Sword intent Paramount realm.
      QY receives message for help from one of his friends from the northern border.His nickname is Scholar according to MTL.So QY rushes to the province this Scholar is.There he finds him on deathbed with his adopted daughter.Scholar ask QY to take care of her.She is a demon.A fish demon(this might change as i used MTL so yeah).Apparently the wife of her father wished to kill her for some reason(this will be known nearly at the end of the volume, the girl thinks its her biological father that wants to kill her.)
      They decide to bury him with his family members, and mourn for 3 days.At some point demons attack.QY then kill 2 gold core demons instantly.And everyone finds out he is at the Paramount realm.They fight abit then every demon just leave as they get it they wont be able to kill him without fight to the death.QY gets quite famous after this battle.When they return to Grand Dominance a lot of people come to offer congratulations and gifts.
       The East Sea Dragon Palace Prince comes to offer some gifts.Then he asks to see QY alone.There he tells him about YX's mother.So her mother name is Ao Xue and she is pureblooded dragon from the West Sea Dragon Palace.Pureblooded dragons aren't supposed to marry with other races, so Ao Xue fallin in love with YX's father and then conceiving and giving birth to YX was considered taboo.So they came and took Ao Xue and imprisoned her for 500 years in solitude.QY decides to not tell YX for now.
      QY decides to go to the West Sea Dragon Palace and see if he can save Ao Xue.At some point Bai Junyue contacts him and ask him to find out if her brother really was killed by some demon.QY accepts.When he departs he will also look for some YX's clansmen that went missing in the West Sea.
      In the West Sea Dragon Palace he asks for Ao Xue to be released.Of course he is refused, so he leaves.Then he contacts the Myriad Temple if they can help.The scarlet dragon there ask him to wait for a while and he will contact him with the conditions.QY decides to look for YX's clansmen while waiting.A bit later the scarlet dragon from Myriad Temple contacts him and says there are 3 ways to save Ao Xue: a Numinous grade treasure/weapon(this here i didnt understand as it might be transcendent grade and above,but i think it is numinous grade),blood dragon crystal(this name will definitely change in official translation),and the 3rd condition is QY to serve Myriad Temple for 100 years once he attains Sword Dao and they will bear the cost to free Ao Xue.QY refuses the 3rd conditions,the 1st condition too and ask where he can find blood dragon crystal.The scarlet dragon tells him and adds that it will be very dangerous.
      QY went to search for YX's clansmen and finds out a new entrance to the Ancient Dragon Temple(i skipped here some info and the temlpe name probably will change too in translation).QY finds them inside.They are infected with some stuff(the MTL wasnt quite clear here,but its either the soul of some devil or the devil's killing intent or hatred).QY ignores them for awhile as they can hold for now.He goes in to check and sees a blood dragon crystal.But there are some devils?(name subject to change)666 of them if MTL can be trusted.Anyway there is no way for him to get it and he runs away after some short battle.He goes another direction to explore but there is nothing and is too dangerous so he gets back,takes the 2 YX clansmen and return them to Yi clan.There the ancestor personally acts to save them.
      QY goes to the lair of the demon than killed Bai Junchen (Bai Junyue's bro) he asks him about it and the demon says he killed him.QY ask him to get some of the better treasures the Bai dude had, but the demon refuses saying everything was destroyed(i am not writing the demon's name as mtl's name is well weird).QY leaves and that demon reports to some devil god or something.QY then tells Bai Junyue of his findings about her brother.Then he returns to Grand Dominance.
    3 years pass and he is killing some true core demon.Then he goes back and informs YX about going in seclusion for a few days.YX is at the true core now and is surprised to hear QY saying he will go to seclusion, but she instantly figures out that he is going to break throu to the gold core stage.So he goes and does just that.Here we learn that there are stages to the gold core - weak and strong.QY gets a purple-gold core which is the extreme for the gold core realm.When he exits and tell YX about it they throw a party for it and that's how the volume end.

Please do note that i haven't written about some stuff.For example the fish demon girl - this will probably be the 6th volume main focus along with the rescue of Yi Xiao's mother.Of course this is just my theory and may or may not happen.Anyway that's all for now from the story.I think that from the 6th volume onwards the story will become better and better as there's good potential for some revenge and saving.I just hope IET wont drag Qin Yun's breaking throu the Essence Soul realm, like he did with Ning's repairing his soul after the daomerge.
    6th volume ended in RAW, can you give spoilers?
  • @darkmanx1
    Got a notification but led to a 404, did you delete your comment?
  • @praphethat222
    I used my tablet to post some spoilers but somehow when i wanted to edit the post it got deleted.Anyway here is a short summary of book 6: Jade Bottle of the Fiendcelestial or something like that is the name
    Qin Yun goes to the dragon temple.Gets the dragon blood crystal and some other goods.Gets back,tells Yi Xiao the truth about her mother.Both of them go to fetch Ao Xue.Some tears later and mother and dauhter are reunited.They decide to roam around by themselves,while Qin Yun goes home to train.Did i mention Ao Xue is comparable to the Paramount realm when using her true body?Anyway they found some greater demon but can't kill him so Yi Xiao called her hubby.Qin Yun went there and of course killed the demon in a few moves.Shock and awe.Some dude picks up the jade bottle.Few years goes by in a flash and that dude with the bottle starts his vengeance a.k.a slaughters some clan slowly.Qin Yun hears the news and comes to help.There's some story here which i wont mention,but inside that jade bottle there is sealed a demon.And he wants to go out.So Qin Yun and that demon fight while the demon is going out the bottle.Qin Yun succeeds in sealing him again(not sure bout the sealing - i use MTL so do keep that in mind) Divine Firmament Chapter ancestor sees that bottle,recognizes and wants it.So he offers Qin Yun to pick up 2 treasures from 5.Qin Yun chooses 2 and trades for 1.Goes home and told Yi Xiao about the bottle and the treasures. And this is the end of book 6.
    Next book is called Into the Dao(which is prerequisite to form an Essence Soul) so i would throw a guess and say Qin Yun will condense Essence Soul within 3 books from this one.So anywhere of 100-150 chapters from the currently translated one.Of course this is just my guess as it might take more(probably).
  • edited February 24
    Can someone tell me what's happening in the raws? From chapter 246+
  • @darkmanx1 Volume in RAWs complete. Latest TLed chapter has him entering the second world and beating up number 8 on the Earth Roll, Xiang Tong. Further spoilers, plz?
  • @darkmanx1 Volume in RAWs complete. Latest TLed chapter has him entering the second world and beating up number 8 on the Earth Roll, Xiang Tong. Further spoilers, plz?
     He starts observing that the manuals of this world are lot better than his original world due to this world lacking in energy and manuals show step by step way to levels like one with the sword or paramount realm. The sect master of gong yaner(his girl friend who left him after he was poisoned) sees the strength of Qin Yu and sends yaner  along with his child(he has no idea about it) to make sure they have no problems in the future.
       Two people ice and fire(18 and 19 heavenly rank) attributes from Wei(one of the 3 countries) ambush him along with poison insect they tell him they were the ones who killed his sect master which makes Qin Yu who was trying out sword arts on them angry and kills them with two slashes, he runs to the insect master and kills him as well, his rank gets upgraded to 6th heavenly rank because of this incident. Meanwhile gong yaner is on the boat along with the child travelling towards the capital.
        He gets invited by the 8th prince which he declines which makes him slightly mad afterwards the king invites him where Qin Yu requests to read all the manuals for helping chu 3 times when there is danger.Gong yaner arrives along with the child which greatly shock him, he test her by almost piercing her heart but all she hopes is her child to be ok which makes Qin yu stop from killing her as he knows reason for the sect master death was Wei(sword sect being royal govt follower and also important  pass to conquer chu), he lets her stay but does not show any love to her but he loves his son.
         The Chu king is at his death stage and the capital is in curfew, here we see that someone from Wei Zhao Lao has infiltrated the 8th price subordinates and hides his strength which is at 4th rank he gets found out by 9th rank person(he is the disciple of 2nd rank and chu most powerful Li Ruji) but has to escape as the commotion might attract Li ruji. Qin Yu who is able to see everything kills him due to promise that he will help Chu but leaves no clue as he kills him fast and clean.
        The 8th prince becomes the king and the duan family(brother in law family) is in trouble as they are crown prince supporter which leaves them to extermination.The 8th price meets Qin yu who tells gives him a cloth saying that he will not kill duan family, the king in confusion goes to 9th siciple who gets shocked seeing the cloth as it is from zhao lao.They both meet Li who tells the king not to do anything and personally meets Qin Yu. They both have a small friendly spar where Qin Yu does not show his full strength. Duan family which was supposed to be killed gets promoted which shocks all the rest of the noble families.
      The 1 rank person the king of wei who while having more better boundary is not able to kill Li because  his mortal body being is very strong.
    5 years later Wei completes his manual which gives him strong body, he goes to the capital of chu and declares war on Li, during the spar he is sad to find that Li who was his only rival was not able to promote much. The fight is interrupted by Qin Yu who fight with wei and is overpowering him. During the fight Qin yu launches an attack that is able to creat a thin crack in the void which attracts all cultivators as if there is something very important beyond it, Wei laments that he went the wrong way by going for mortal body instead of strengthening his own road for his pursuit to kil Li ruji. He asks Qin Yu for 30 years time (which is also the only time left for him before he dies) in exchange for letting him read all manuals of  wei saying that while qin yu can kill him he can cause a lot of destruction to chu during that time. Qin yu accepts his condition but the reason he leaves him because he starts to feel lonely being the strongest and wei is his only one close to him. 
    Qin Yu is finding out that while he has clear heart in this world he is lacking strong emotions which means while his sword arts are being promoted he is not having much emotional power behind them. He also makes the decision of leaving behind his home world sword arts and continuing from what he learned in this world.
      20 years later Qin Yu goes in closed door and forms his sword world and now his strength is strong enough to create a crack large enough for person to pass through,his domain increases to 20 miles. His kid gets married and is also practicing with dedication.
      10 years later the showdown is set and cultivator from all around are there too witness it.Wei and Qin Yu fight and he shows his sword world to his son and with his strongest attack is able to create a large crack in the void. Wei who is on the verge of death hopes to see the thing beyond void and goes through it but is stuck by heavenly lightning as he was not the one who made the crack and is deemed unworthy of going into the void.
      10 years later he is able to settle all things and make sure his family is strong enough to protect themselves he also forgives Gong Yaner while his son says he will follow him and meet him in the void. Qin yu breaks the void and passes through where he is seen to be protected by some power and is pulled to different star, during this he sees beings large enough to be the size of planets and countless stars. But before he reaches his destination the buddha is able shows up saying he has to go back releasing strong power removing him from the strength protecting him and bringing his soul back to his true body.This shows that all the worlds he has gone through are real worlds . It is said that 300 years after Qin yu left the void his son also tore the void and left the world.
          He returns to his true body and after two times getting into peak his domain has increased to 30 miles and he now starts to incorporate his sword dao from 1 world sword arts from second and is adding his emotion to it.  

Sorry for bad writing but hopes this helps 

• edited March 16
    Thanks for the info, well looks like IET still can't write a but if decent romance in his works after like 8 novels, why did the GF leaves him when he is poisoned? and why did he even forgive her?

(Yes I haven't read the novel yet)
  • Because her sect use women to seduce powerful people and once he was poisoned he lost all value so she was told to leave him and work on someone else.
  • On rights thanks, but is she the main female lead or just a fling?
  • On rights thanks, but is she the main female lead or just a fling?
    It's not his girl but the girl of the guy whose body he temporarily takes control of for 50 years.

He uses a artifact to live out a hundred years in his mind. His lifespan is only 500 years and then he dies unless he can breakthru again but a Sword Cultivator's limit is Golden Core. No cultivation tech exists for him to breakthru to Essence Soul. The extra 100 years is extremely useful since it gives him more time and he lives 2 different lives (50 years each) and the lives are tailored to help him improve. So 100 years in dream world is a lot more useful than 100 years in real world.

He is sent to two different worlds and inhabits the body of someone who recently died. He lives pretending to be them so he can train for 50 years.

The girl in the second world is neither the female lead or a fling. He could have been with 2 hot girls in the first life (plus created his own harem) but he has a wife in the real world so it would have been cheating. He was also never with the girl in his second life but she had the son of the guy whose body he took over so he looks after her and the son
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • By the way while he experiences 100 years on those two bodies, only 100 days passes for his true body.
  • Thanks guys the novel sounds more interesting i may take it up and read it after if finished my current novel :)
  • Hello hello, latest volume 8 ended, so RAW readers, grant spoilers plz.
  • @Beel
    @darkmanx1
    Yea if possible could you post the recent spoilers ty :)
  • Has QY made a breakthrough in the raws? 
  • spoilers
  • Wife was abducted and sent to another world, Qin Yun is looking for her.

Basically Desolate Era except the MC is looking for his living wife somewhere and not for a way to resurrect her.
  • Evaansan said:
    Wife was abducted and sent to another world, Qin Yun is looking for her.

Basically Desolate Era except the MC is looking for his living wife somewhere and not for a way to resurrect her.
    The novel was already mediocre but this just made me drop it. It's such bullshit already been away from his wife literally 100 years get boom. He didn't pull this off in Swallowed Star or Lord Xue Ying. 
  • Small correction. She wasn't sent to another world but put in a formation that isolates her from the Heavenly Dao.
  • Looking for summaries till current raws