Whats the situation between WW& QI?

Im not sure where to begin, but I have a belly full of fire in needs to be expressed. I know that I am late in this discussion, but I am really glad to have known than never. The forums really do make a difference, no matter how small it might be, to help spread information on whats happening. Without it, I would still be one of those ignorant people that read some novels on QI without knowing anything. I am a proud leecher, like most people, just want to read novels for free (sometimes not caring about where it comes from).  I know that most people can't give a shit about it as long as they get free novels. But the thing is, there will be no more free novels if QI continues to get away with their blatant law-breaking/lies. Sooner or later, when they are the only ones around, they can do w/e they want, like monthly subscription to read novels. As a passionate novel reader, it really pisses me off, on how QI completely disregard laws, treating us fans like a bunch of morons by trying to fool us with their blatant contradictory/lies. Their is probably not much we can do, which makes it all the more important to do the little things that makes a difference. We as a community needs to stand up from injustice, by being an observer while watching QI trampling on our passion is just letting them know that what they do is ok. As an individual, I might not have much power, but as a community, we can make a difference. Has there been anymore update on the current situation? Is there anything more I can do beside boycotting QI? I really do hope that WW can become victorious in there case against QI. Sorry for my rambling, but I do hope it helps spread the news

Comments

• Have faith in Lord Fifth fellow daoist.
  • Have faith in the Lord Fifth and gain immortal life
  • Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life!

When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • edited October 2017
    Become a pirate king and look for one piece?

I think if you able to become a pirate king, you can provide free novel to all proud leecher around the world like yourself.

Because building a community to boycotting QI is not good. Time already proved itself, this is the law of the world, the bigger fist is the winner, money control people. Btw if QI did not exist, maybe TJSS still working at IT company right now, tomato will able to graduate from his study from math major, and most of all, RWX will not able to create WW. Why? If Qidian did not exist, tomato would not able to create CD.

Law built to be broken. If not, there will be no police and judge in this world, and no one will able to break any law. And the most important is there will be no more pirate and Oda will not able to create one piece. So, the opportunity to become a pirate king is lost.

In conclusion, becoming a pirate king is the only path left for you. So, hurry up and leave the East Blue because QI already in Grand Line.

PS: Actually, you are dreaming right now. And when you reached the end of your dream, you will not feel any anger or have a belly full of fire.

I make a comedy and heartbreaking story with some actions. You can find it here.
    Please support and spread the world if you like it. Or help for review
  • edited November 2017
    Unfortunately it would take a powerhouse of money to help this. With everything from legal fee's etc. QI obviously does not particularly care about it's western audience. Or it would of held its end of the deal with WW. They make enough money in just china and whatever other asian countries it is in to care. The only way to approach this would be to try and get their more important audience the one they care about to step in and boycott. That, though, is not likely to happen.
    "duty is heavier than a mountain; death is lighter than a feather."
  • edited November 2017
    ... it would of held its ...
    Reading this short snip from your paragraph reminded me of this:

• My personal feelings on the matter are this. 1.) I don't understand the full impact QI has had on WW. 2.) There are so many sites stealing/hijacking WW's chapters and calling it there own is astonishingly high without QI doing anything. 3.) Since #2 already existed before #1 decided to band wagon, has anything major actually occurred that's not new? - Because people will hijack and try to monopolize unaware customers in glorious scams.

QI fans will call WW pirates.
    WW fans will call others plagiarizing WW's translation staff's hard-work.
    If QI wasn't around, some LN's would never have existed.
    If WW wasn't around, those QI LN's would probably never have been translated into English format.
    Who's right and who's wrong? Nobody imho. QI either needs to out perform WW on English translations (They wont), or WW will always be around with high quality and reliability.
  • Plus WW fans are directly funding the translation staff to convert non English text into English. If we didn't fund it, those original texts would continue to stay hidden to the rest of the world. . . for a VERY. . . VERY. . . Long time (until a computer program one day can instantaneously/flawlessly translate it for us).

In the end, a program will one day be the biggest pirate of them all. Bwahahaha. (will probably have to wait a generation for that to occur though).
  • edited January 12
    It will be really good if someone can fund me too :(
    I make a comedy and heartbreaking story with some actions. You can find it here.
    Please support and spread the world if you like it. Or help for review

• My personal feelings on the matter are this. 1.) I don't understand the full impact QI has had on WW. 2.) There are so many sites stealing/hijacking WW's chapters and calling it there own is astonishingly high without QI doing anything. 3.) Since #2 already existed before #1 decided to band wagon, has anything major actually occurred that's not new? - Because people will hijack and try to monopolize unaware customers in glorious scams.

If WW wasn't around, those QI LN's would probably never have been translated into English format.
    Who's right and who's wrong? Nobody imho. QI either needs to out perform WW on English translations (They wont), or WW will always be around with high quality and reliability.
    You joking right for "QI fans will call WW pirates."
    WW do their own TRANSLATING WORK, NOT PIRATING OTHER WORK.

You do also realize that most of their work comes from the original chinese website qidian, but if WW got it licensed then that's all good. I'm not really shocked by qidian's actions(or angry), after all, they did what an OP chinese MC would do, conquer them all: "No one else but me should be supreme" mindset.
    To the OP, lol, that's what happened with japanese novels, called yen press. Good old times, there were outrage there too. If you really want to support WW, show it, do it, don't just post it. Disable your adblockers, tell people about the site, advertise WW's completed works and spread the word. Instead of focusing in hate you should focus more on how you could actually help.
    Stop fear mongering, we don't stop trying to live just because we might die later now do we? If qidian decides to be pay to read, then so be it, its their decision to make while I will look for other options too.
  • Plus WW fans are directly funding the translation staff to convert non English text into English. If we didn't fund it, those original texts would continue to stay hidden to the rest of the world. . . for a VERY. . . VERY. . . Long time (until a computer program one day can instantaneously/flawlessly translate it for us).

In the end, a program will one day be the biggest pirate of them all. Bwahahaha. (will probably have to wait a generation for that to occur though).
    More like a few years for the last line.I mean with machine learning and so many novels that are already translated somebody could probably do it right now.
  • noire said:

My personal feelings on the matter are this. 1.) I don't understand the full impact QI has had on WW. 2.) There are so many sites stealing/hijacking WW's chapters and calling it there own is astonishingly high without QI doing anything. 3.) Since #2 already existed before #1 decided to band wagon, has anything major actually occurred that's not new? - Because people will hijack and try to monopolize unaware customers in glorious scams.

You do also realize that most of their work comes from the original chinese website qidian, but if WW got it licensed then that's all good. I'm not really shocked by qidian's actions(or angry), after all, they did what an OP chinese MC would do, conquer them all: "No one else but me should be supreme" mindset.
    To the OP, lol, that's what happened with japanese novels, called yen press. Good old times, there were outrage there too. If you really want to support WW, show it, do it, don't just post it. Disable your adblockers, tell people about the site, advertise WW's completed works and spread the word. Instead of focusing in hate you should focus more on how you could actually help.
    Stop fear mongering, we don't stop trying to live just because we might die later now do we? If qidian decides to be pay to read, then so be it, its their decision to make while I will look for other options too.
    Learn the difference between pirating and translating.