Soul-Mutate - Linley Discussion

2»

Comments

• Basically i think that the will will be still retained by him on all of his clones so if he trains a new highgod then with will itll be around paragon level but no he wont be able to fuse them as in soul mutate fusing 
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Vexram said:

Lowlav said:

d. The soul actually needs to mutate five ways. Criteria to this is very similar to soul-mutate power up principal. It requires the power of the bodies to be on par or on a similar level. Figure why Linley's original body never underwent soul mutation.

Even up to high god level, the soul of Linley's original body might not undergo mutation. Because, fusing with sparks simply does not allow further cultivation. So there is no way the main body can then hope to catch up to the other divine clones who has at least 3 profound mysteries cultivated and fused together.

Old fashioned way is long, but that's still the only possible method for Linley to achieve this hypothetical powerup.
    i'm a bit confused on this, linley's original body STARTED the soul mutation. it's why it's the strongest of all his souls.

also clones don't need to be the same power to mutate. linley's fire clone mutated at god level.

ebito said:

Vexram said:

ebito said:

Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

with 3 way fusion of sov sparks, he was equal to the strongest Sov (fate) and when during the fight Sov of fate decided to pull out his super-duper-mega 4db stolen skill from 4db... Linely had to fuse 4th spark and then reality collapsed.

What if linley cultivate the 5th element which is the destruction type. whta will happen, I see that he is capable of cultivating this element.

nothing, doesn't make a difference as he got his mutation when he had those 4 elements and so only those 4 will have the soul mutation iirc
    True. But supposing Linley's advancements gain him a sixth spark in the law and he successfully soul-mutate, then it's possible to powerup. Otherwise, the point is somewhat moot.

Even if he advances in anymore things he still wont be a soul mutate in them unless there is another mutation of a higher quantity which will be even tougher than 4 way soul mutation so i don't think it'll happen as he wont be able to survive even with plot armor but hypothetically if he can survive the soul mutation, there is still a prerequisite of how will he receive a soul attack which brings him very close to death but doesn't kill him to start the soul mutation process but what can that do anymore? deities ? lol nope and sovereign very few can threat him as of now and those which can? they will insta kill linley
    you can't say that if linley got another clone that clone won't be soul mutate for sure coz the writer didn't really clarifies specifically about that...   

everything only has 1 soul... when they ascend to demigod they have 2 choice either fuse his entire soul with the spark or divide that soul and have one of them fuse with the spark and  create a clone... now if the soul is already mutated it's clearly doesn't make sense when the soul is divided again the soul become non mutate...

IET avoids this issue really well by having anyone who's a soul mutate have no original body to work with. but i can't really say for certain that even if a soul mutate got another clone, that could would also be a 'mutate'. just look at the process for linley to become a soul mutate. his souls took in the 4 elements that he'd studied in. and no others. so linley is only a 4 way soul mutate. it's possible that if linley gained a destruction clone, he would then be a 5 way mutate but it seems unlikely. the reason i say that is because although linley's soul is a mutate, it's only mutated with fire/water/wind/earth. so he can fuse those elements together but destruction would likely be left out. so other than his soul mutate 'will', any more clones he gains would be just regular clones.

that's my take on all this soul mutate stuff. after all, if all a person needed to do to was be a 2 way mutate, then get clones in all the other elements and edicts and be able to fuse them together, im pretty sure there'd be a bunch of crazy people who would have done it by now. after all, soul mutates are rare but not as rare as paragons. there are probably hundreds of 2 way soul mutates.
    i still can't agree on that... what linley fuse is not the soul of the element it's just the law of the element... so when he got insight on destruction and leveled the destruction clone to high god level there is no problem in fusing the 5 of them... and the "will" is a will the strongest will is owned by the original body so i can't think of  a way that a clone can't have the will that shared from the original body... 

well with the other 2 way soul mutate i also can't give an explanation except maybe they just can't train on other elemental law or edict... i don't think the writer has ever written about anybody that has all the 11 elemental law and edict clone...

maybe why IET doesn't make linley have his destruction clone is coz what i read in other spoiler thread that to become UC linley can only have 4 element and not more or less... this is just what i read in the spoiler thread so i don't know whether this is true or not...  
    what soul mutates fuse are the elements themselves. if the can't do that, they can't fuse the mysteries of the different elements. but first the soul(s) need to undergo a mutation where they can fuse those elements.

if linley's main body was to become a destruction demigod, there is a high chance of it forcing a gental mutation like with his fire clone, and even a still good chance of it happening if he made another clone, but the problem is, we will never know because IET gave us too little info to work with. it's very possible that if linley's original body and anymore clones he makes will simply be taken out of the loop.

as for why IET doesn't make linley a destruction clone, thats simple, IET changed his game plan part way and decided that he didn't need or want it happen anymore, so he phased it out. so now linley's sword shaped soul is more or less just a decoration. it serves no purpose.
    i doubt simply training a new element would give u another fused element. cause if it was that easy everyone would do it. remember the mutation storyline kept refering to time mutation happened. although IET never mentioned additional element trainings he pretty much made it obvious that u can't become a soul mutate in an element just by training in it just because u're a 2 or 3 element soul mutate already. if it worked like that the difficulty in becoming a soul mutate would be the same no matter how many elements u trained in. cause eery time the assumption would be ur mutating in 11 laws (7 elements 4 edicts)
  • Vexram said:

Lowlav said:

d. The soul actually needs to mutate five ways. Criteria to this is very similar to soul-mutate power up principal. It requires the power of the bodies to be on par or on a similar level. Figure why Linley's original body never underwent soul mutation.

Even up to high god level, the soul of Linley's original body might not undergo mutation. Because, fusing with sparks simply does not allow further cultivation. So there is no way the main body can then hope to catch up to the other divine clones who has at least 3 profound mysteries cultivated and fused together.

Old fashioned way is long, but that's still the only possible method for Linley to achieve this hypothetical powerup.
    i'm a bit confused on this, linley's original body STARTED the soul mutation. it's why it's the strongest of all his souls.

also clones don't need to be the same power to mutate. linley's fire clone mutated at god level.

ebito said:

Vexram said:

ebito said:

Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

with 3 way fusion of sov sparks, he was equal to the strongest Sov (fate) and when during the fight Sov of fate decided to pull out his super-duper-mega 4db stolen skill from 4db... Linely had to fuse 4th spark and then reality collapsed.

What if linley cultivate the 5th element which is the destruction type. whta will happen, I see that he is capable of cultivating this element.

nothing, doesn't make a difference as he got his mutation when he had those 4 elements and so only those 4 will have the soul mutation iirc
    True. But supposing Linley's advancements gain him a sixth spark in the law and he successfully soul-mutate, then it's possible to powerup. Otherwise, the point is somewhat moot.

Even if he advances in anymore things he still wont be a soul mutate in them unless there is another mutation of a higher quantity which will be even tougher than 4 way soul mutation so i don't think it'll happen as he wont be able to survive even with plot armor but hypothetically if he can survive the soul mutation, there is still a prerequisite of how will he receive a soul attack which brings him very close to death but doesn't kill him to start the soul mutation process but what can that do anymore? deities ? lol nope and sovereign very few can threat him as of now and those which can? they will insta kill linley
    you can't say that if linley got another clone that clone won't be soul mutate for sure coz the writer didn't really clarifies specifically about that...   

everything only has 1 soul... when they ascend to demigod they have 2 choice either fuse his entire soul with the spark or divide that soul and have one of them fuse with the spark and  create a clone... now if the soul is already mutated it's clearly doesn't make sense when the soul is divided again the soul become non mutate...

IET avoids this issue really well by having anyone who's a soul mutate have no original body to work with. but i can't really say for certain that even if a soul mutate got another clone, that could would also be a 'mutate'. just look at the process for linley to become a soul mutate. his souls took in the 4 elements that he'd studied in. and no others. so linley is only a 4 way soul mutate. it's possible that if linley gained a destruction clone, he would then be a 5 way mutate but it seems unlikely. the reason i say that is because although linley's soul is a mutate, it's only mutated with fire/water/wind/earth. so he can fuse those elements together but destruction would likely be left out. so other than his soul mutate 'will', any more clones he gains would be just regular clones.

that's my take on all this soul mutate stuff. after all, if all a person needed to do to was be a 2 way mutate, then get clones in all the other elements and edicts and be able to fuse them together, im pretty sure there'd be a bunch of crazy people who would have done it by now. after all, soul mutates are rare but not as rare as paragons. there are probably hundreds of 2 way soul mutates.
    i still can't agree on that... what linley fuse is not the soul of the element it's just the law of the element... so when he got insight on destruction and leveled the destruction clone to high god level there is no problem in fusing the 5 of them... and the "will" is a will the strongest will is owned by the original body so i can't think of  a way that a clone can't have the will that shared from the original body... 

well with the other 2 way soul mutate i also can't give an explanation except maybe they just can't train on other elemental law or edict... i don't think the writer has ever written about anybody that has all the 11 elemental law and edict clone...

maybe why IET doesn't make linley have his destruction clone is coz what i read in other spoiler thread that to become UC linley can only have 4 element and not more or less... this is just what i read in the spoiler thread so i don't know whether this is true or not...  
    what soul mutates fuse are the elements themselves. if the can't do that, they can't fuse the mysteries of the different elements. but first the soul(s) need to undergo a mutation where they can fuse those elements.

if linley's main body was to become a destruction demigod, there is a high chance of it forcing a gental mutation like with his fire clone, and even a still good chance of it happening if he made another clone, but the problem is, we will never know because IET gave us too little info to work with. it's very possible that if linley's original body and anymore clones he makes will simply be taken out of the loop.

as for why IET doesn't make linley a destruction clone, thats simple, IET changed his game plan part way and decided that he didn't need or want it happen anymore, so he phased it out. so now linley's sword shaped soul is more or less just a decoration. it serves no purpose.
    i doubt simply training a new element would give u another fused element. cause if it was that easy everyone would do it. remember the mutation storyline kept refering to time mutation happened. although IET never mentioned additional element trainings he pretty much made it obvious that u can't become a soul mutate in an element just by training in it just because u're a 2 or 3 element soul mutate already. if it worked like that the difficulty in becoming a soul mutate would be the same no matter how many elements u trained in. cause eery time the assumption would be ur mutating in 11 laws (7 elements 4 edicts)
    as i said, we lack the info to give a definite answer. i also mentioned in an earlier post that if you could just become a 2 way mutate then build up clones in all elements/edicts and be able to fuse them, then people would have already done that. the issue here though, is what would happen to linley's soul mutated original soul? if he fused with a spark or made another clone, what would happen? the soul has already mutated so would it mutate again to bring in the new element into the fold or would it be an outcast? there just isn't enough info to go on.

my personal stance is that regardless of if linley fused or made a clone for anything else then that new demigod wouldn't be part of his fusion power. he wouldn't be able to fuse the element/edict, into his other 4 elements. it would still have his 4 way soul mutate 'will' but other than that, it would be the same as any other clone.
  • @Vexram

Linley's Main body is not included in the 4-way-soul-mutate equation in terms of passable principal effects of the mutation. Why is that? I have no other answer besides what I stated above.

The Almighty Froppy
  • It's not a mutation with 4 souls, it's the mutation of a person with 4 divine clones.
  • I'm not to sure about any of this. I think that if Linley did fuse with a destruction clone then he could fuse the laws together but i think because he would be disconnected from his sovereign clones and he would no long be able to use sovereign power though his main body.    
  • It's not a mutation with 4 souls, it's the mutation of a person with 4 divine clones.

That actually makes. His main body is therefore a simple catalyst to the entire process. The only ability his divine clones cant bring about is Linley's dragon form and his innate divine ability. Though I wonder why that is.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Because the laws he trains in are inside the divine sparks of his divine clones, even before he became a soul mutate his main body could not use the abilities of his divine clone, he could only borrow the abilities from his clones like he is now. The second he became a deity for the first time, his original body was unable to use the Laws of the Wind, he could only use his divine clone to borrow the power to his main body.
  • edited November 2015

Because the laws he trains in are inside the divine sparks of his divine clones, even before he became a soul mutate his main body could not use the abilities of his divine clone, he could only borrow the abilities from his clones like he is now. The second he became a deity for the first time, his original body was unable to use the Laws of the Wind, he could only use his divine clone to borrow the power to his main body.

He still understands the laws, he can use them with his main body. Main example: Bluefire in the Planar War. He sent his saint body+earth clone but he was able to use fire laws and be at paragon level. What his body doesn't have is fire elemental/divine energy but his understanding of the laws and ability to use them doesn't go away if he gets a divine clone. Otherwise Linley would have never been able to use his saint body and earth divine clone to train in the profound mysteries of the Earth. You also have to remember that laws alone aren't that strong if the divine power behind it isn't.

• chommpi said:

Because the laws he trains in are inside the divine sparks of his divine clones, even before he became a soul mutate his main body could not use the abilities of his divine clone, he could only borrow the abilities from his clones like he is now. The second he became a deity for the first time, his original body was unable to use the Laws of the Wind, he could only use his divine clone to borrow the power to his main body.

He still understands the laws, he can use them with his main body. Main example: Bluefire in the Planar War. He sent his saint body+earth clone but he was able to use fire laws and be at paragon level. What his body doesn't have is fire elemental/divine energy but his understanding of the laws and ability to use them doesn't go away if he gets a divine clone. Otherwise Linley would have never been able to use his saint body and earth divine clone to train in the profound mysteries of the Earth. You also have to remember that laws alone aren't that strong if the divine power behind it isn't.

A Sovereign, and a paragon at that; even it's expected that his Saint level or Earth clone would be perceived as Paragon at the very least. And Leylin was not a soul mutate. 
    What is special about Soul-Mutate is the ability to dual wield different laws. It's similar to dual magus. Dual Magus, due to their affinity to two elements are able to cast two different kind of elemental magics, and are perceived as deadly, above those of the same level as them. 

Olivia for instance. He was able to crack open Botha Lavee using his soul-mutate prowess- a formation set up by Beirut. Given, this formation wasn't necessary all that powerful, but it was able to crack open space time, something only deity level would normally be capable of. With this, you could imagine the power of Linley, Sovereign 4 divine clones, merged into his own body would be.

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited November 2015
    Lowlav said:

chommpi said:

A Sovereign, and a paragon at that; even it's expected that his Saint level or Earth clone would be perceived as Paragon at the very least. And Leylin was not a soul mutate. 
    What is special about Soul-Mutate is the ability to dual wield different laws. It's similar to dual magus. Dual Magus, due to their affinity to two elements are able to cast two different kind of elemental magics, and are perceived as deadly, above those of the same level as them. 

Olivia for instance. He was able to crack open Botha Lavee using his soul-mutate prowess- a formation set up by Beirut. Given, this formation wasn't necessary all that powerful, but it was able to crack open space time, something only deity level would normally be capable of. With this, you could imagine the power of Linley, Sovereign 4 divine clones, merged into his own body would be.

Well, Olivier actually WAS a Deity when he cracked open Botha Lavee. XD So naturally it's something within his range of abilities. :P
  • Lowlav said:

chommpi said:

Well, Olivier actually WAS a Deity when he cracked open Botha Lavee. XD So naturally it's something within his range of abilities. :P
    Wasn't he just a demi god?

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited November 2015
    A demigod IS a Deity, the second you become a demigod you become a deity. :P Why do you think the War God and Catherine has been called a Deity since before Linley went to the Imperial Capital of the O'Brien Empire? ;D
  • A demigod IS a Deity, the second you become a demigod you become a deity. :P Why do you think the War God and Catherine has been called a Deity since before Linley went to the Imperial Capital of the O'Brien Empire? ;D

Oh okay. XD

Well, the point was, whatever he was, no one in his level, even a peak one did not possess a relative ability; not even Dylin, a Heaven Devouring Beast. 

The Almighty Froppy