Soul-Mutate - Linley Discussion

Well, now that the prospect of Linley becoming a sovereign is being explored... I have a question. When Linley becomes a sovereign, will his Four-Way soul mutation makes him a hundred times stronger than the other Sovereigns? Perhaps, gaining a body that is comparable to an Ovegod Artifect! 

The Almighty Froppy

Comments

• His soul mutation in terms of fusing divine power is only efficient if the divine power fused is of the same level, so untill he is a Sovereign of all 4 elements will that be efficient, if he is only a Sovereign of say 2 elements, fusing all 4 will make them weaker.

Once he becomes a Sovereign he most likely will not have the power of an Overgod Artifact, that should not happen untill he becomes a UC, at which point it's quite possible. 
  • well considering soul mutants power scale, soon linley will be a sov in earth/water, so when he fuses both of them he should be 10x stronger than a lower sov. maybe on par with a mid sov. once linley kills a bug and takes his wind sov spark, he'll be a 3 way and be 100x strong than a lower sov, and strong enough to fight high sovs. once he jacks a fire sov spark from another bug, he becomes a 4 way and can basically kill anything with a fart.

as for his body, until he fuses all for sov power level of the elements his body shouldn't get stronger. and by that time how strong his body is is a moot point.

Once he becomes a Sovereign he most likely will not have the power of an Overgod Artifact, that should not happen untill he becomes a UC, at which point it's quite possible. 

once he becomes a UC, he should have a body far stronger than an overgod artifact.
  • with 3 way fusion of sov sparks, he was equal to the strongest Sov (fate) and when during the fight Sov of fate decided to pull out his super-duper-mega 4db stolen skill from 4db... Linely had to fuse 4th spark and then reality collapsed.
  • animeda said:

with 3 way fusion of sov sparks, he was equal to the strongest Sov (fate) and when during the fight Sov of fate decided to pull out his super-duper-mega 4db stolen skill from 4db... Linely had to fuse 4th spark and then reality collapsed.

Ah, so he would still need to be Sovereigns on his other clones in order to effectively pull of the mutation effects.

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited October 2015
    Lowlav said:

animeda said:

with 3 way fusion of sov sparks, he was equal to the strongest Sov (fate) and when during the fight Sov of fate decided to pull out his super-duper-mega 4db stolen skill from 4db... Linely had to fuse 4th spark and then reality collapsed.

Ah, so he would still need to be Sovereigns on his other clones in order to effectively pull of the mutation effects.
    ًWell, if he fused laws in different elements he would be as strong as chief sov with only 1 lower sov clone because he would get 1000x strength with just fusing 4 laws of different elements (In other words just 1 law in each of the 4 elements) but sadly the author never gone that route because it would take too long and he took the short route of fused divine power which does have the requirement of balanced power.
  • animeda said:

he only became that stong when he finally fused laws from the 4 elements (one eah from earth, water, wind & fire). when he first fused 3 laws he could barely fight Augusta's hidden mode (i.e. when he pretended to be human instead of divine beast) when he faght with Augusta in the final chapter they were equal after Augusta was forced to show his Supirior body revealing himself as not so human. it wasn't until linley made a breakthrough to 4 elemental law fusion did he surpass him 
  • edited October 2015
    fusing mysteries of the same type increases your strength say 10 times.
    fusing the same amount of mysteries from different types increases your strength 10 times of that so a hundred fold.
    so sovereigns usually just train in 1 main law while being paragon is at the peak of their strength which is 6 fused laws (even if they train in other laws their clones will not be sovereigns and just highgods so it wont help in sovereign fights)
    a 2 way mutated soul can fused 12 laws and that is their peak strength
    3 way mutated soul can fuse 18.
    4 way can fuse 24. well linley can fuse 27 actually (remember that wind has 9 mysteries)

so yea u can imagine how weak paragon sovereigns which is the peak level of a sovereign are compared to how strong linley will be once he reaches the peak. heck even if he is just 1/4 of the way to the peak he is stronger than all sovereigns in existence lmao.

• fusing mysteries of the same type increases your strength say 10 times.

fusing the same amount of mysteries from different types increases your strength 10 times of that so a hundred fold.
    so sovereigns usually just train in 1 main law while being paragon is at the peak of their strength which is 6 fused laws (even if they train in other laws their clones will not be sovereigns and just highgods so it wont help in sovereign fights)
    4 way can fuse 24. well linley can fuse 27 actually (remember that wind has 9 mysteries)

so yea u can imagine how weak paragon sovereigns which is the peak level of a sovereign are compared to how strong linley will be once he reaches the peak. heck even if he is just 1/4 of the way to the peak he is stronger than all sovereigns in existence lmao.

Technically. 

But, the author chose a shorter route of balanced power as applicable to soul-mutate advancements. This means, Linley only become so powerful after he becomes a four-way Sovereign. At least, from what I've been told.

The Almighty Froppy
  • The thing is that the difference between a low level sovereign and a mid sovereign is really huge, so when Linley got to fused with the two sparks, he was only comparable with a mid sov. With the overgod artifact was able to fight with chief wind sov.
  • fusing mysteries of the same type increases your strength say 10 times.

ur statement about soul mutated's are not entirely correct since we dont know the exact number of laws for the Edict's, we only know the general number for 7 elements
  • Mr_Lu said:

ur statement about soul mutated's are not entirely correct since we dont know the exact number of laws for the Edict's, we only know the general number for 7 elements
    Actually,there're no laws in the Edicts,just comprehension(i.e if you reach a treshold the overgods promote you to demigod/god/highgod/paragon)
  • krolk88 said:

Mr_Lu said:

Actually,there're no laws in the Edicts,just comprehension(i.e if you reach a treshold the overgods promote you to demigod/god/highgod/paragon)
    w8 where is that stated?
    really want to know, since i want to expand my knowledge in CD as much as possible
  • I read somewhere that it's only because Linely is a Four-Way Soul Mutate in Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind that he could become a UC. Does that mean that if he were to learn more laws he'd have been unable to become one?
  • I read somewhere that it's only because Linely is a Four-Way Soul Mutate in Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind that he could become a UC. Does that mean that if he were to learn more laws he'd have been unable to become one?

those 4 are necessory for his uiverse since wod isn't an element. any additions would just add to his power not hinder it though 
  • Mr_Lu said:

krolk88 said:

Mr_Lu said:

w8 where is that stated?
    really want to know, since i want to expand my knowledge in CD as much as possible
    It's in there, don't worry. All 4 Edicts are the same way. There are no laws, just comprehension. It's definitely stated in the book. Just don't know where. Someone posted the book and chapter before the new forum was created.
  • edited October 2015

I read somewhere that it's only because Linely is a Four-Way Soul Mutate in Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind that he could become a UC. Does that mean that if he were to learn more laws he'd have been unable to become one?

those 4 are necessory for his uiverse since wod isn't an element. any additions would just add to his power not hinder it though 
    IIRC HM told Linley that it was necessary be a soul-mutate in these four elements, to be a sovereign in said elements and he says something like "too much is no good, one less wont do either"
  • lettosk said:

I read somewhere that it's only because Linely is a Four-Way Soul Mutate in Earth, Fire, Water, and Wind that he could become a UC. Does that mean that if he were to learn more laws he'd have been unable to become one?

IIRC HM told Linley that it was necessary be a soul-mutate in these four elements, to be a sovereign in said elements and he says something like "too much is no good, one less wont do either"
    ahh i guess that quote got lost on me thanks to MT
  • animeda said:

What if linley cultivate the 5th element which is the destruction type. whta will happen, I see that he is capable of cultivating this element.

• edited November 2015
    Aswang said:

animeda said:

What if linley cultivate the 5th element which is the destruction type. whta will happen, I see that he is capable of cultivating this element.

nothing, doesn't make a difference as he got his mutation when he had those 4 elements and so only those 4 will have the soul mutation iirc
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

nothing, doesn't make a difference as he got his mutation when he had those 4 elements and so only those 4 will have the soul mutation iirc
    True. But supposing Linley's advancements gain him a sixth spark in the law and he successfully soul-mutate, then it's possible to powerup. Otherwise, the point is somewhat moot.

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited November 2015
    Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

True. But supposing Linley's advancements gain him a sixth spark in the law and he successfully soul-mutate, then it's possible to powerup. Otherwise, the point is somewhat moot.

Even if he advances in anymore things he still wont be a soul mutate in them unless there is another mutation of a higher quantity which will be even tougher than 4 way soul mutation so i don't think it'll happen as he wont be able to survive even with plot armor but hypothetically if he can survive the soul mutation, there is still a prerequisite of how will he receive a soul attack which brings him very close to death but doesn't kill him to start the soul mutation process but what can that do anymore? deities ? lol nope and sovereign very few can threat him as of now and those which can? they will insta kill linley
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

Even if he advances in anymore things he still wont be a soul mutate in them unless there is another mutation of a higher quantity which will be even tougher than 4 way soul mutation so i don't think it'll happen as he wont be able to survive even with plot armor but hypothetically if he can survive the soul mutation, there is still a prerequisite of how will he receive a soul attack which brings him very close to death but doesn't kill him to start the soul mutation process but what can do that now anymore? deities ? lol nope and sovereign very few can threat him as of now and those which can? they will insta kill linley
    Well yes, factoring in everything, at the end of the day, it's pretty far fetched. Orloff is the only guy who stands a remote chance at Linley right now.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

Even if he advances in anymore things he still wont be a soul mutate in them unless there is another mutation of a higher quantity which will be even tougher than 4 way soul mutation so i don't think it'll happen as he wont be able to survive even with plot armor but hypothetically if he can survive the soul mutation, there is still a prerequisite of how will he receive a soul attack which brings him very close to death but doesn't kill him to start the soul mutation process but what can that do anymore? deities ? lol nope and sovereign very few can threat him as of now and those which can? they will insta kill linley
    you can't say that if linley got another clone that clone won't be soul mutate for sure coz the writer didn't really clarifies specifically about that...   

everything only has 1 soul... when they ascend to demigod they have 2 choice either fuse his entire soul with the spark or divide that soul and have one of them fuse with the spark and  create a clone... now if the soul is already mutated it's clearly doesn't make sense when the soul is divided again the soul become non mutate...

• That would make sense but then I don't think that's possible as or else in trillions of years it wouldn't be max just a 3 way soul mutate in the multiverse
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • ebito said:

Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

you can't say that if linley got another clone that clone won't be soul mutate for sure coz the writer didn't really clarifies specifically about that...   

everything only has 1 soul... when they ascend to demigod they have 2 choice either fuse his entire soul with the spark or divide that soul and have one of them fuse with the spark and  create a clone... now if the soul is already mutated it's clearly doesn't make sense when the soul is divided again the soul become non mutate...

IET avoids this issue really well by having anyone who's a soul mutate have no original body to work with. but i can't really say for certain that even if a soul mutate got another clone, that could would also be a 'mutate'. just look at the process for linley to become a soul mutate. his souls took in the 4 elements that he'd studied in. and no others. so linley is only a 4 way soul mutate. it's possible that if linley gained a destruction clone, he would then be a 5 way mutate but it seems unlikely. the reason i say that is because although linley's soul is a mutate, it's only mutated with fire/water/wind/earth. so he can fuse those elements together but destruction would likely be left out. so other than his soul mutate 'will', any more clones he gains would be just regular clones.

that's my take on all this soul mutate stuff. after all, if all a person needed to do to was be a 2 way mutate, then get clones in all the other elements and edicts and be able to fuse them together, im pretty sure there'd be a bunch of crazy people who would have done it by now. after all, soul mutates are rare but not as rare as paragons. there are probably hundreds of 2 way soul mutates.
  • my take on it is if linley is to fuse his original body with a destruction type demi spark then it might be possible for him to become a 5 way soul-mutated, anything beside that is not possible, and he will just stay as a 4 way soul-mutated. because when the process for soul mutateds happened he had five souls so all five of his souls got affect, so his plot armor might kick in one last time if he were to fuse his original body with a spark. but training the old fashioned way is not gonna make him a 5+ soul-mutated.
  • Vexram said:

ebito said:

Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

IET avoids this issue really well by having anyone who's a soul mutate have no original body to work with. but i can't really say for certain that even if a soul mutate got another clone, that could would also be a 'mutate'. just look at the process for linley to become a soul mutate. his souls took in the 4 elements that he'd studied in. and no others. so linley is only a 4 way soul mutate. it's possible that if linley gained a destruction clone, he would then be a 5 way mutate but it seems unlikely. the reason i say that is because although linley's soul is a mutate, it's only mutated with fire/water/wind/earth. so he can fuse those elements together but destruction would likely be left out. so other than his soul mutate 'will', any more clones he gains would be just regular clones.

that's my take on all this soul mutate stuff. after all, if all a person needed to do to was be a 2 way mutate, then get clones in all the other elements and edicts and be able to fuse them together, im pretty sure there'd be a bunch of crazy people who would have done it by now. after all, soul mutates are rare but not as rare as paragons. there are probably hundreds of 2 way soul mutates.
    i still can't agree on that... what linley fuse is not the soul of the element it's just the law of the element... so when he got insight on destruction and leveled the destruction clone to high god level there is no problem in fusing the 5 of them... and the "will" is a will the strongest will is owned by the original body so i can't think of  a way that a clone can't have the will that shared from the original body... 

well with the other 2 way soul mutate i also can't give an explanation except maybe they just can't train on other elemental law or edict... i don't think the writer has ever written about anybody that has all the 11 elemental law and edict clone...

maybe why IET doesn't make linley have his destruction clone is coz what i read in other spoiler thread that to become UC linley can only have 4 element and not more or less... this is just what i read in the spoiler thread so i don't know whether this is true or not...  
  • Mr_Lu said:

my take on it is if linley is to fuse his original body with a destruction type demi spark then it might be possible for him to become a 5 way soul-mutated, anything beside that is not possible, and he will just stay as a 4 way soul-mutated. because when the process for soul mutateds happened he had five souls so all five of his souls got affect, so his plot armor might kick in one last time if he were to fuse his original body with a spark. but training the old fashioned way is not gonna make him a 5+ soul-mutated.

I find that tad impossible. Fusing with sparks is easy. But after you do so, further cultivation is impossible. Reason is: 
    a. Fusing with a spark builds a hollow base. A will of a Saint, with a body and power of a Demi-god, god, high god? They are naturally going to be weaker than one vested with a spark by the overgods. 

b. Criteria of Soul-Mutate requires that one's base be equal in terms of power. Linley can only pull of Soul-Mutate four way with four sovereign sparks. And, figures why Linley's main body is useless in his ventures. His divine clones are the key to his power. 

c. Divine Destruction main body as a result of fusion of sparks will be weaker than his other clones (which are now Sovereign), and on top of that, you cannot fuse with a Sovereign spark with acquired sparks as the basis. 

d. The soul actually needs to mutate five ways. Criteria to this is very similar to soul-mutate power up principal. It requires the power of the bodies to be on par or on a similar level. Figure why Linley's original body never underwent soul mutation.

Even up to high god level, the soul of Linley's original body might not undergo mutation. Because, fusing with sparks simply does not allow further cultivation. So there is no way the main body can then hope to catch up to the other divine clones who has at least 3 profound mysteries cultivated and fused together.

Old fashioned way is long, but that's still the only possible method for Linley to achieve this hypothetical powerup.

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited November 2015
    Lowlav said:

Mr_Lu said:

my take on it is if linley is to fuse his original body with a destruction type demi spark then it might be possible for him to become a 5 way soul-mutated, anything beside that is not possible, and he will just stay as a 4 way soul-mutated. because when the process for soul mutateds happened he had five souls so all five of his souls got affect, so his plot armor might kick in one last time if he were to fuse his original body with a spark. but training the old fashioned way is not gonna make him a 5+ soul-mutated.

I find that tad impossible. Fusing with sparks is easy. But after you do so, further cultivation is impossible. Reason is: 
    a. Fusing with a spark builds a hollow base. A will of a Saint, with a body and power of a Demi-god, god, high god? They are naturally going to be weaker than one vested with a spark by the overgods. 

b. Criteria of Soul-Mutate requires that one's base be equal in terms of power. Linley can only pull of Soul-Mutate four way with four sovereign sparks. And, figures why Linley's main body is useless in his ventures. His divine clones are the key to his power. 

c. Divine Destruction main body as a result of fusion of sparks will be weaker than his other clones (which are now Sovereign), and on top of that, you cannot fuse with a Sovereign spark with acquired sparks as the basis. 

d. The soul actually needs to mutate five ways. Criteria to this is very similar to soul-mutate power up principal. It requires the power of the bodies to be on par or on a similar level. Figure why Linley's original body never underwent soul mutation.

Even up to high god level, the soul of Linley's original body might not undergo mutation. Because, fusing with sparks simply does not allow further cultivation. So there is no way the main body can then hope to catch up to the other divine clones who has at least 3 profound mysteries cultivated and fused together.

Old fashioned way is long, but that's still the only possible method for Linley to achieve this hypothetical powerup.
    First, let me make this clear. All sparks in their respective levels are basically the same. The reason why using a spark is a bad idea is not because it is weaker but because it injects foreign soul elements (from the previous user) to the new user of the spark. Since the spark is customized to a different person, there are differences between the spark and the soul of the current user causing deficiencies in parts of the soul and spark. This makes fusing the mysteries a lot harder and the understanding of the laws a lot shallower, since you are literally reading a book about the mysteries rather than experiencing what the mysteries are, through training the normal way.
    All the sparks are basically made by the laws themselves anyways, so there are no differences in this aspect, only in customization for the specific person.

Um. When Linley underwent soul-mutation, his original body's soul was the first to go through the mutation. And his original body was the one that underwent the 4 divine power mutation too, that's why his original body's soul is slightly more powerful than his divine clone's and his body is stronger too, just to a lesser extent.
    Fusing with a destruction spark will screw up his soul mutation because he will be literally implanting someone's soul into his own soul (which is why sparks are so bad) that will not only hinder his destruction clone but affect all his souls, making his overall power and stability a lot lower. If IET wanted to go down the destruction route, Linley would have gotten a lot more of the insights for it way sooner. I think it was mentioned somewhere you could only train the Edict of Destruction by destroying things or by fighting, which Linley does plenty of yet doesn't get a single insight. A spark wouldn't be doing much in this regard either.
    Also, I don't think fusing the profound mysteries within the same law does much for him anymore, unless he reaches paragon level in said law. The only thing that fusing the fusing the profound mysteries in the same law will do is give him more insights in the law. The power that he gets from fusing those mysteries is negligible compared to the amount of power he gets from fusing mysteries from different laws.
    The best power up he can get right now is become a paragon of Earth for real this time. He can probably do this by creating a divine place of his own again, this time fusing wind, water, and earth. Perhaps he might reach paragon in water while he is at it.
  • edited November 2015
    Lowlav said:

i'm a bit confused on this, linley's original body STARTED the soul mutation. it's why it's the strongest of all his souls.

also clones don't need to be the same power to mutate. linley's fire clone mutated at god level.

ebito said:

Vexram said:

ebito said:

Rule71 said:

Lowlav said:

Rule71 said:

Aswang said:

animeda said:

i still can't agree on that... what linley fuse is not the soul of the element it's just the law of the element... so when he got insight on destruction and leveled the destruction clone to high god level there is no problem in fusing the 5 of them... and the "will" is a will the strongest will is owned by the original body so i can't think of  a way that a clone can't have the will that shared from the original body... 

well with the other 2 way soul mutate i also can't give an explanation except maybe they just can't train on other elemental law or edict... i don't think the writer has ever written about anybody that has all the 11 elemental law and edict clone...

maybe why IET doesn't make linley have his destruction clone is coz what i read in other spoiler thread that to become UC linley can only have 4 element and not more or less... this is just what i read in the spoiler thread so i don't know whether this is true or not...  
    what soul mutates fuse are the elements themselves. if the can't do that, they can't fuse the mysteries of the different elements. but first the soul(s) need to undergo a mutation where they can fuse those elements.

if linley's main body was to become a destruction demigod, there is a high chance of it forcing a gental mutation like with his fire clone, and even a still good chance of it happening if he made another clone, but the problem is, we will never know because IET gave us too little info to work with. it's very possible that if linley's original body and anymore clones he makes will simply be taken out of the loop.

as for why IET doesn't make linley a destruction clone, thats simple, IET changed his game plan part way and decided that he didn't need or want it happen anymore, so he phased it out. so now linley's sword shaped soul is more or less just a decoration. it serves no purpose.