Delia

After reading some of the spoilers, I realized Delia was hardly mentioned. What happen to her? Isn't she the main character's wife? I did not see her being mentioned in the ending. I read this novel because I find the build up in their romance was good. I hope someone can tell me more about what happen to her towards the ending. Did she live with the main character at the ending? It seems as though her importance suddenly disappeared. I thought usually the wife of the main character (besides the main character's mother) would play a big part in the novel and the ending.

Comments

• Delia is not of much importance....
    I would assume she becomes a Highgod after fusing with a spark.. but nothing otherwise.

The Almighty Froppy
  • she already got her happy ending kinda
  • delia's time as an ancor is long past. bebe's time as an ancor is almost over too. linley's almost free to do as he pleases.
  • I see. I guess I will just reread the part where they first met and then separated and meet again then married etc. Those parts were my favourite. Thank you for the replies.
  • IMO, IET is a great author but he kinda lacks when it comes to romance and endings. Not sure if this applies to all of his novels thopugh, since I'm only reading CD, ST, DE and Swallowed Star. DD and SWYZ by Tang Jia San Shao have the best romace IMO among the Chinese novels that I read.
  • edited October 2015
    eklok14 said:

IMO, IET is a great author but he kinda lacks when it comes to romance and endings. Not sure if this applies to all of his novels thopugh, since I'm only reading CD, ST, DE and Swallowed Star. DD and SWYZ by Tang Jia San Shao have the best romace IMO among the Chinese novels that I read.

I see. Thank you for the reply eklok14. Maybe I will take a look at your recommendations. It is quite sad as I really like romance but there was not much of it towards the ending.
  • edited October 2015
    eklok14 said:

IMO, IET is a great author but he kinda lacks when it comes to romance and endings. Not sure if this applies to all of his novels thopugh, since I'm only reading CD, ST, DE and Swallowed Star. DD and SWYZ by Tang Jia San Shao have the best romace IMO among the Chinese novels that I read.

well IET did do pretty well with the Qin Yu/Li'er romance. some would disagree, but when you look at it, it just came naturally. it wasn't semi forced like CD, it wasn't shot-gun like SS. it happened over time. it started out as friendly then over time they finally realized their feeling for each other. it might not seem like it was a good romance but thats because of how underplayed it was. but true, IET is not the type that can do romance, and thats not really a downside since he always keeps romance in the background.
  • edited October 2015
    Vexram said:

eklok14 said:

well IET did do pretty well with the Qin Yu/Li'er romance. some would disagree, but when you look at it, it just came naturally. it wasn't semi forced like CD, it wasn't shot-gun like SS. it happened over time. it started out as friendly then over time they finally realized their feeling for each other. it might not seem like it was a good romance but thats because of how underplayed it was. but true, IET is not they type that can do romance, and thats not really a downside since he always keeps romance in the background.
    Coiling Dragon novel is good. I like the fantasy and action. I just thought maybe the way the romance is shown could be improved. It is ok. I guess different author has different areas they like to focus. Coiling Dragon has its good parts so it is fine. Thank you for the reply.
  • edited October 2015
    Vexram said:

eklok14 said:

well IET did do pretty well with the Qin Yu/Li'er romance. some would disagree, but when you look at it, it just came naturally. it wasn't semi forced like CD, it wasn't shot-gun like SS. it happened over time. it started out as friendly then over time they finally realized their feeling for each other. it might not seem like it was a good romance but thats because of how underplayed it was. but true, IET is not the type that can do romance, and thats not really a downside since he always keeps romance in the background.
    While I do find the romance in ST better than CD, "it happened over time" here meant "it happened in the course of tens of thousands of years spanning a couple of books" which is kinda slow for me. Besides, I would at least like to have something dramatic to happen during the time that they were together at the mortal world. IET kinda glossed over it because it went like "they've been together for some time and they fell in love with each other that would persist for god knows how long".
  • edited October 2015
    eklok14 said:

Vexram said:

eklok14 said:

While I do find the romance in ST better than CD, "it happened over time" here meant "it happened in the course of tens of thousands of years spanning a couple of books" which is kinda slow for me. Besides, I would at least like to have something dramatic to happen during the time that they were together at the mortal world. IET kinda glossed over it because it went like "they've been together for some time and they fell in love with each other that would persist for god knows how long".
    acutally the actual romance part happened within a couple decades before Li'er had to leave. the lull between then and when they meet up again was for plot.

as for wanting something dramatic to happen during time in the mortal world. that would have had to have been force like with CD's. they knew they had long lives ahead and had plenty of time to progress, why would they all of a sudden feel they need to get married or have kids or speed things along? how were they supposed to know they didn't have that much time?
  • edited October 2015
    Vexram said:

eklok14 said:

Vexram said:

eklok14 said:

acutally the actual romance part happened within a couple decades before Li'er had to leave. the lull between then and when they meet up again was for plot.

as for wanting something dramatic to happen during time in the mortal world. that would have had to have been force like with CD's. they knew they had long lives ahead and had plenty of time to progress, why would they all of a sudden feel they need to get married or have kids or speed things along? how were they supposed to know they didn't have that much time?
    Was there drama in that part of CD? All I remember is that Delia's parents tried to convince her to marry the king/emperor/prince/whatever, convince not force, and she just jumped on a bird and got togather with Linley. Very little action and no tense moments. It actually got better during the times where Delia almost died(i.e drowning in Phusro's lava and that soul thingy) but during the actual development of their love, there's barely any drama.

As for ST, I was hoping that they would have undergone a life or death situation that would develop and strengthen their feelings for each other. The Immortal Palace was dangerous but that was only for Qin Yu since Li'er's defense is OP as fuck. I would've liked to see something that would justify Qin Yu's undying love. Like Grandpa Doehring's sacrifice in CD that justifies Linley's determination to revive him even if he wates a once in a lifetime chance to obtain an OP artifact and the risks of offending varous Sovereigns.
  • i get ya eklok, but sometimes undying love springs from the simplest of actions. sometimes, people are just soulmates (very nearly litteral in the case of ST) and are drawn towards each other. but yeah i understand your viewpoint.
  • yea after all he cant exactly carry highgods with him in a death battle between sovereigns or paragons lol. 

• edited October 2015

yea after all he cant exactly carry highgods with him in a death battle between sovereigns or paragons lol. 

I understand but at the ending when he finally defeat all his enemies and his family especially his mother is back, there are no longer any danger. Delia did not seem to say anything. Usually she would feel worried when he fought powerful enemies and await his return etc so I thought she will say something or maybe introduce herself and her kids with the main character to his mother or something. Even before the ending, if I am not mistaken, when the main character revive her brother and bring his family to meet those that he revived, she also did not say anything even though she was very sad when her brother was killed.

Another romance area which I find seem to be discarded and not explained (which have already been asked in the forum) was between Cesar and Cecily. Cesar just accept the main character's explanation even though the main character himself does not know whether Cecily is alive. There is an opportunity to develop the story during that arc such that the main character or Cesar finds out the truth and that she was actually pregnant with his child. After finding out the truth, Cesar and the main character can do something like revenge or even before Cecily was killed, they go and save her with her child. An alternative was the main character could revive her at the later part of the story. It is kind of sad that that the story ended with Cesar not knowing the truth. Furthermore, if they really did not want to care about Cecily and the child, at least, Cesar could get together with another girl in Yulan Plane I cannot recall the name (who he seemed to have a romantic relationship as well), I think she was part of an area which the Godeater Rat told the 3 empires not to attack.

If anyone have any other good novels with romance with the theme something like Coiling Dragon, besides DD (DD2 light novel translation seem to be behind the manga) and SWYZ, you can recommend.