Ancient Strengthening Technique (Portraits of Beauty) *Spoilers*

Comments

• edited June 2017
    lostworld said:
    Do we latter found out who the lady in the crystal coffin was?
    Yes , She'll be one of the main heroines in the future.
  • radcora said:
    lorwa said:
    Have anybody read the author's latest novel? Nine Territory Godly Emperor (九域神皇)
    Having read AST for a harem novel it was quite good however it was far from perfect and I was hoping that the author's next novel would improve on the negatives of AST so I tried reading that novel like over a year ago so I don't remember much though IMHO it started of well but turned into garbage later especially with the childhood love of his also most or quite a few of MC's women repetitively get inheritances that provides excuses for them to be apart from the MC. Some of the worst things about it were the MC's BS about "let nature take it's course" nonsense while being away from his women several years apart.
    Stupid excuses for MC to fallout with potential love interests. One of his woman kept losing her memory that was one of the most annoying plot devices. His main enemy is like a cockroach the last I read the MC beat him in like around 7 duels in different territories and each time the enemy would escape after losing to the MC and MC is unable to stop him. So those duels were pretty annoying and if MC lost that other guy would kill him. Most of MC's harem members did live far apart unlike AST were MC brings most of them to stay at his home so he didn't see most of them for quite a few years in between. 

IMHO AST was much better though I did drop Nine Territory Godly Emperor before 1000 chapters and skipped many chapters in between. I think there's over 2000 chapters available now so don't know if gets better or worse.

Speaking of cockroaches there are even worse ones than Nanbei in DMWG, it is corrupt wolf in Almighty Student. Holy crap that was annoying with him being beaten like 30 times over 2k chapters, maybe even 3k I don't remember. There are other cockroaches in Almighty Student but at least they die after a couple times not like corrupt wolf. 
  • radcora said:
    lostworld said:
    Her name ?
  • radcora said:
    lostworld said:
    Her name ?
    Spoiler:
    Tantai Lingyan
  • SirDanik said:
    radcora said:
    lorwa said:
    Have anybody read the author's latest novel? Nine Territory Godly Emperor (九域神皇)
    Having read AST for a harem novel it was quite good however it was far from perfect and I was hoping that the author's next novel would improve on the negatives of AST so I tried reading that novel like over a year ago so I don't remember much though IMHO it started of well but turned into garbage later especially with the childhood love of his also most or quite a few of MC's women repetitively get inheritances that provides excuses for them to be apart from the MC. Some of the worst things about it were the MC's BS about "let nature take it's course" nonsense while being away from his women several years apart.
    Stupid excuses for MC to fallout with potential love interests. One of his woman kept losing her memory that was one of the most annoying plot devices. His main enemy is like a cockroach the last I read the MC beat him in like around 7 duels in different territories and each time the enemy would escape after losing to the MC and MC is unable to stop him. So those duels were pretty annoying and if MC lost that other guy would kill him. Most of MC's harem members did live far apart unlike AST were MC brings most of them to stay at his home so he didn't see most of them for quite a few years in between. 

IMHO AST was much better though I did drop Nine Territory Godly Emperor before 1000 chapters and skipped many chapters in between. I think there's over 2000 chapters available now so don't know if gets better or worse.

Speaking of cockroaches there are even worse ones than Nanbei in DMWG, it is corrupt wolf in Almighty Student. Holy crap that was annoying with him being beaten like 30 times over 2k chapters, maybe even 3k I don't remember. There are other cockroaches in Almighty Student but at least they die after a couple times not like corrupt wolf. 
    Does he have as much harem as AST?
  • Does this Tantai Lingyan girl have any relation to the Tantai clan on the southern viewing continent ? When does he run into her again after he "saved" her ?
  • Does this Tantai Lingyan girl have any relation to the Tantai clan on the southern viewing continent ? When does he run into her again after he "saved" her ?
    No doesn't. Her story actually stem til the last chapter:

She is a demon king inheritor while MC is a war god inheritor. They are basically enemy in nature. Even though, they get together for a long while (up til like 1800~). She awakens her bloodline to revenge against enemies that kill people who kill her family. She did succeed but has totally forgotten about everything afterward and turn into cold blood killer. MC tries to pursue her, but she grew stronger, and always is one step stronger than him. She initially tries to kill him, but got soften later on. She is on a mission to eliminate all war-god temple, while MC is on mission to eliminate demon-king temple. They met every 100 chapters until 2200ish (they part way with each other), where she (still amnesia) started to believe that MC is actually her husband. At that time, MC tries to talk her out about demon vs war god because it's going to cause both to collapse and 3rd party get benefit. MC then invoke his dual cultivation thing, and apparently she voluntarily did it with him. After they part way, she got a daughter and began to regain memory. They then reunite with daughter, where she said she regret stabbing him previously. They eventually must part way because she is the demon king palace master, while he is war god palace master. That's pretty much at the end of the story (when he was crowned as new palace master). However, the other women say that his daughter with Lingyan has special body, so it might be possible for their daughters to unite demon and war god in the future. 

• edited June 2017
    lorwa said:
    SirDanik said:
    radcora said:
    lorwa said:

If your question was directed towards Nine Territory Godly Emperor then I'd have to say yes if we compare the number of Qingshui's women to the MC by the number of chapters. There were well over five maybe over ten I can vaguely remember some of them but not their names and there's also women that MC became acquainted with that he might meet in future so there was still potential for more women to be added. 

BTW
    Spoiler:
    When I said that the novel turned to garbage I think that I might have been too harsh by saying that. There were many repetitive treasure hunting as well as MC going to sects and kicking ass using his buff abilities on both the allied sect members and himself and the intimate scenes between the MC and his women were dumbed down when compared to AST, quite a few of the MC's women would get an inheritance from a treasure hunt with the MC then they would disappear for years and most of the time the MC doesn't know where they went to so when MC met them again it would usually be by chance while he was travelling and most of the time it would take a few years before he even sees them again, so I guess eventually it got really boring for me. Others might like it so I don't wanna put anyone off from trying it but for me it was far less than I expected.
  • SirDanik said:
    Well the author of Eternal Life and Emperor of the Cosmos build his villains to be cockroaches. I dropped both of them because of that. They literally dont die until like 2nd last chapter. 
  • edited June 2017
    Maleaky said:
    tempe said:
    are elder yun a virgin? some of you said she had a daughter, so i want to make sure
    yes
    she has a daughter with mc later on
    Before she met the MC at the Heavenly Palace she was but to seal a deal between a clan and the MC she used her body... after they part and she left the Palace she did not have any other men... So technically when they get married the MC was the only man in her life at that moment.
  • edited June 2017
    sorry if this has been asked before, but, when does he takes revenge from the beast clan for Yiye Jiange?? and when do the consummate their love?? and also with Zhu Qing, when does she joins the Quing clan?? so far (598) she is the only girl that lives away from the harem, I know she bears a child for him but I want to know when does he takes her back with the rest? if he does at all...
  • shiro8 said:
    sorry if this has been asked before, but, when does he takes revenge from the beast clan for Yiye Jiange?? and when do the consummate their love?? and also with Zhu Qing, when does she joins the Quing clan?? so far (598) she is the only girl that lives away from the harem, I know she bears a child for him but I want to know when does he takes her back with the rest? if he does at all...
    It's been a long time since I've read this novel so specific chapter numbers won't be included.

The MC and Yiye Jiange relationship won't take the final steps until very late into the novel if I remember correctly. After the MC fights for Yiye's revenge she pretty much lives with the Mc's family but I don't think they sleep together at this point. Yiye will gain a contract beast who later takes her to get an inheritance from an extremely powerful end novel sect mast. When the MC meets her again they finally get married and he has to help her protect the sect she has been staying at.

As for Zhu Quing if she is the woman who drugged the MC at his first sect then he will bring her into his family and marries her. He does this when he begins to relocate his family to a better place and picks her up in the process. 

• edited June 2017
    Yilley said:
    shiro8 said:
    It's been a long time since I've read this novel so specific chapter numbers won't be included.

The MC and Yiye Jiange relationship won't take the final steps until very late into the novel if I remember correctly. After the MC fights for Yiye's revenge she pretty much lives with the Mc's family but I don't think they sleep together at this point. Yiye will gain a contract beast who later takes her to get an inheritance from an extremely powerful end novel sect mast. When the MC meets her again they finally get married and he has to help her protect the sect she has been staying at.

As for Zhu Quing if she is the woman who drugged the MC at his first sect then he will bring her into his family and marries her. He does this when he begins to relocate his family to a better place and picks her up in the process. 

so he relocates the family again?? after moving them to the heaven sect?

• He relocates them several times throughout the novel the final time is when he brings his family to leave his current continent. 
  • radcora said:
    BTW
    When I said that the novel turned to garbage I think that I might have been too harsh by saying that. There were many repetitive treasure hunting as well as MC going to sects and kicking ass using his buff abilities on both the allied sect members and himself and the intimate scenes between the MC and his women were dumbed down when compared to AST, quite a few of the MC's women would get an inheritance from a treasure hunt with the MC then they would disappear for years and most of the time the MC doesn't know where they went to so when MC met them again it would usually be by chance while he was travelling and most of the time it would take a few years before he even sees them again, so I guess eventually it got really boring for me. Others might like it so I don't wanna put anyone off from trying it but for me it was far less than I expected.
    Well, it's not like AST doesn't have disappearance of women, even though the number of women disappear and reappear should be far lesser.
    For example, Tantai Lingyan and Yiye Jiange all disappeared due to inheritance thing.
  • Yilley said:
    shiro8 said:

• Yilley said:
    shiro8 said:

• So this worth starting or what?

Can someone give me a summary of what its about?
    And whats happened in the translated chapters so far(did he travel back in time, get a powerful medicine to make him stronger, get a magic ring, etc?)?
    So this worth starting or what?

And whats happened in the translated chapters so far(did he travel back in time, get a powerful medicine to make him stronger, get a magic ring, etc?)?
    The story itself is pretty good. But the ending is atrocious.
  • PechThon said:

The story itself is pretty good. But the ending is atrocious.
    If you don't mind, can you tell me the novel name?
  • radcora said:
    lorwa said:
    SirDanik said:
    radcora said:
    lorwa said:

If your question was directed towards Nine Territory Godly Emperor then I'd have to say yes if we compare the number of Qingshui's women to the MC by the number of chapters. There were well over five maybe over ten I can vaguely remember some of them but not their names and there's also women that MC became acquainted with that he might meet in future so there was still potential for more women to be added. 

BTW
    Spoiler:
    I tried to find some info on Nine Territory Godly Emperor but was unable. Does the novel go by another by chance?
  • @lostworld ;
    there's no English version nor anybody talking about it. 
  • lorwa said:
    @lostworld ;
    there's no English version nor anybody talking about it. 
    That would explain why... Thanks for the info
  • Harem spoilers:

Those who join the harem (apologies if I forget anyone)

Shi Qingzhuang

Mingyue Gelou

Zhu Qing

Canghai Mingyue

Huoyun Luili

Yun Duan (Elder Yun)

Di Chen

Di Qing

Wenren Wushuang

Yiye Jiange

Yu He

Yu Ruyan

Tantai Xuan

Hai Dongqing

Mu Qing

Yu Suna

Yehuang Guwu

Tantai Lingyan

Qin Qing

Qinghan Ye

Vampire Empress (not given a name...)

Beihuang Fan

Shen Huang

Nalan Qing

Possible harem members but not made explicit by the end of the story:

Muyun Qingge

Luo Qingcheng

(Distinguished with women who were forgotten because they live with the MC in the end.)

edit: missed one of the harem members, now added in

Women where something was alluded to but nothing happened/they were forgotten

Wenren Wugou

Gongsun Jianwu

Yan Ling'er (we never saw her again after Qing Qing's marriage)

Doctor woman

Feng Yu

Ye Guyan

Xue Nuo

Dongfang Zhiqian

Sheng Jun

Li Yan (the one who looks like his old GF)

Beiming Xue

Yu Xixian

Probably missed a few, can't blame me, the author missed them himself. I really felt at least Gongsun Jianwu, Xue Nuo, Dongfang Zhiqian, Li Yan, Beiming Xue and Yu Xixian would amount to something.

A good harem list for those asking, it's not 100% accurate but close enough. Some relationships are left ambiguous or incomplete because the author constantly drops plots throughout the novel leaving many plot holes.
  • Would you give spoiler about Di chen? Chapter 860, Lotus Realm mentioned, what will happen in the future? Master is a traitor?
  • Dernacan said:
    Would you give spoiler about Di chen? Chapter 860, Lotus Realm mentioned, what will happen in the future? Master is a traitor?
    The master isn't really a traitor but she kinda tricks her into practicing her new cultivation technique despite knowing it would practically remove her emotions. After practicing the cultivation method accepting the inheritance she becomes distant and focus on a her goal which causes her to go to a higher level continent.

When the mc meets her again she is devoid of her romantic feelings for the MC and he slowly wakes her back up. Eventually she recovers her feelings but the sect she is at forbids romantic relations forcing the MC to appear and threaten the sect to change their rules. They end up changing the rules because other sect members already felt it was an unfair rule and already secretly went behind the sect masters back and had relationships.  

They finally get together however she decides to remain with the sect taking over and gaining another power to support the MC. She occasionally goes to the MC home to spend time with the rest of his wives and family and they do end up having a child together which I believe is a daughter.
  • Yilley said:
    Dernacan said:
    Would you give spoiler about Di chen? Chapter 860, Lotus Realm mentioned, what will happen in the future? Master is a traitor?
    The master isn't really a traitor but she kinda tricks her into practicing her new cultivation technique despite knowing it would practically remove her emotions. After practicing the cultivation method accepting the inheritance she becomes distant and focus on a her goal which causes her to go to a higher level continent.

When the mc meets her again she is devoid of her romantic feelings for the MC and he slowly wakes her back up. Eventually she recovers her feelings but the sect she is at forbids romantic relations forcing the MC to appear and threaten the sect to change their rules. They end up changing the rules because other sect members already felt it was an unfair rule and already secretly went behind the sect masters back and had relationships.  

They finally get together however she decides to remain with the sect taking over and gaining another power to support the MC. She occasionally goes to the MC home to spend time with the rest of his wives and family and they do end up having a child together which I believe is a daughter.
    Why is it always... Thanks
  • I see Yu He is in the harem list, will she completely join his harem? Or will it be left at ambiguous state? Thanks.

• I see Yu He is in the harem list, will she completely join his harem? Or will it be left at ambiguous state? Thanks.

Oh how annoyed I was with how the author constantly teased Yu He so damn much. She joins the harem completely if I remember correctly but farely late in the novel after going through so many back and forth. 
  • edited July 2017
    Yilley said:
    I see Yu He is in the harem list, will she completely join his harem? Or will it be left at ambiguous state? Thanks.
    Oh how annoyed I was with how the author constantly teased Yu He so damn much. She joins the harem completely if I remember correctly but farely late in the novel after going through so many back and forth. 
    Thanks for the info! Can you please tell me approximate chapter when it happens?
  • When does he get together with Di quing and Di chen