the "new" QI and GT deal ?

not sure what everyone thinks about the new news this morning released on NU  http://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/gravity-tales-qidian-licensing.43675/page-8#post-2618292

1st off not matter what i stand with Ren and WW as i hate the way that qi have behaved and dealt with Ren/WW , but not sure if this is good or bad , or a new game that QI's trying etc ie divide and conquer bs or in fact have taken thier heads out of their arse's and now taking a step back 

Comments

• Another site to add in my boycott list. I hope they get fucked over and suffer from it.
  • Evaansan said:
    Another site to add in my boycott list. I hope they get fucked over and suffer from it.
    No need to boycott GT, they're only doing what's right by them and theirs, boycotting them will achieve nothing (I personally have no stories over at gravity). The only site which needs boycotting is QI (I have 4 stories there, I wish this mess will be over soon so I can go back to read them)
  • luckily i only have 2 x on gt tka  ln / manga and sw , and this morning after posting this chatted on reddit to goodguy were he said he 100% still owns it etc , so i don't mind going as to me it will be the same as before but not going back to qi as had one account banned already after i changed my reviews from when it was beta and before the bs started the 1st time , but as long as GT keeps to its word i'm ok as such 
    but ww will still me myt main site , i just wish we can get the ad problem fixed as even people are moaning about in the closed fb group i belong too and i dob't want the site to get hit with a firewall block by being flagged for bad ad's extra
  • from what i know GT will have Shen Yin Wang Zuo/Sealed Divine Throne, and Reverend Insanity which have quite a bit of popularity and their other Qidian novels have a bit of popularity as well with Ze tian Ji, Demons Diary and TKA and the fact that tl'ers can have a better deal with them rather than QI will provide a huge appeal to a lot of translators, i bet that they would even get bonus payment from QI if they allow dual hosting... its even likely that the volare qidian drops might appear on GT as well some other novels that tl'ers didnt want to drop but at the same time didnt want to join QI will appear on GT, which will create a lot of views...

but it is quite a thing, Qidian dropping their investment into Wuxiaworld and just going to the second biggest site compared to wuxiaworld, tbh i bet Goodguyperson was jumping to the roof when they offered a sizable payment for which i am guessing co-ownership...
  • Yeah, I doubt it's as "co-operative" as GT is making it to be. No way QI goes from 100% trying to monopolise everything, to suddenly doing this.
    Something smells fishy.
  • Well, I'm gonna have to drop Shura's Wrath for now. I hope the site gets destroyed. Never like the site as I always got reload on my iPad
  • I use both WW and GT which now complicates things as I don't like how QI treated WW but at the same time this is an huge step forward for us readers and GT for getting more novels and such.
  • yeah , gt has just picked up Shen Yin Wang Zuo/Sealed Divine Throne which is a pity as i used to read it on the tl's site , hopefully he'll still post on both and about the comment that goodguys sold part of gt to them , he was on reddit yesterday and i spoke to him via it and he hasn't in anyway sold or given them shares , he's still the sole owner of the site

• edited August 2017
  • Evaansan said:
    Thought so, as the thing that GGP announced when he revealed the licensing was just too good to be true, after all the hassle that was when WW refused, their deal... 

plus why wouldn't he sell out, he has the remaining 10% and received probably a huge sum of money for being a QI slave...
  • He got paid to become QI's PR department.
  • well turns out he's a 2 face git and lied to me when i spoke to him on reddit , but the one thing that's now bugging me as ww is hosting  BTTH , it's leaving a bad taste in my month they have a link to gt :(
  • He lied to all of us straight to our faces.
  • Pizz001 said:
    well turns out he's a 2 face git and lied to me when i spoke to him on reddit , but the one thing that's now bugging me as ww is hosting  BTTH , it's leaving a bad taste in my month they have a link to gt :(
    it's not leaving, at least that's what I got told on discord
  • edited August 2017
    Will he let him continue advertise and put a link to Qidian Tales ? If so that would be a new level reached in cuckolding.

Edit : I got my answer. I can't believe he lets him advertise an aggregator.
  • thanks ajoke it having to stay their are this bs today , but if it was part of the hosting deal it can't be help , but mau be the link should be move to the bottom or something so it not in the middle 
  • Evaansan said:
    Will he let him continue advertise and put a link to Qidian Tales ? If so that would be a new level reached in cuckolding.

Edit : I got my answer. I can't believe he lets him advertise an aggregator.
    Well I don't think WW can do anything until the legal course has been figures out, but yes, QI is literally an aggregator now...
  • I personally stand by WW, don't ready anything from GT (never liked their novel choices), not going over to QI as well, 2 of my novels are published over there - fuck it, wont read them there... I will live :)

too bad now they try to blackmail and pick on Ren...