Recommend me Non-Virtual Reality but with Game Elements novels

I DO NOT WANT virtual reality novels (Zhan Long, Shura's Wrath, etc)

I'm looking for reality novels with game elements.

Examples:

Paradise of Demons and Gods
God and Devil World
Everyone Else is a Returnee
Breakers
Main Character Hides His Strength
Master Hunter K
Evolution Theory of the Hunter
Reincarnator
Infinite Competitive Dungeon Society
Castle of Black Iron
Book Eating Magician

But please nothing with crappy characters and dialogue. I read a few others but I dropped it cause of how stupid it was and it seemed to be written by a child at best. A little is acceptable but nothing at the level of Zhan Long.
“But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Comments

• Overlord?
  • I read: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/overlord/

But I know theres another: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/overlord-wn/

I just just dont know if it was worth it to read since I read the other

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • I read: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/overlord/

But I know theres another: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/overlord-wn/

I just just dont know if it was worth it to read since I read the other
    you dont need to read the other one as it is just the version of the one you read before it got licensed and published in book format, its sort of an unedited version of the one you read...

Human Emperor
    Dungeon Defense
    Gate of Revelations 

there is also ancient strengthening technique but you might or might not like it...

well these are the only game element novels i am aware of except of Overlord of course, not sure of any others as i dislike the Game Element tag/genre of novels...

• Yea I dont like Ancient Strengthening Technique. I dropped it like a year ago. MC wasn't to my taste and novel seemed disorganized like author was just going one chapter at a time without caring if anything made sense or if there was a actual plot involved.

I kinda tried out Human Emperor a couple of days ago. I got 4-5 chapters in and there was basically no development. I'll read some more

I had read synopsis of the other but never started reading it. I'll give it a shot. Thanks
  • edited July 2017
    i dislike the Game Element tag/genre of novels...
    Give it a shot. Some are crap. But thats true of all genres.

I got a list up there.
    I recommend Paradise of Demons and Gods, Main Character Hides his Strength, and Master Hunter K

Also Castle of Black Iron. Slow start but now its one of my favorites. Same thing that happened with ISSTH. Didnt think I would like it but glad I stuck with it.

• i dislike the Game Element tag/genre of novels...
    Give it a shot. Some are crap. But thats true of all genres.

I got a list up there.
    I recommend Paradise of Demons and Gods, Main Character Hides his Strength, and Master Hunter K

Also Castle of Black Iron. Slow start but now its one of my favorites. Same thing that happened with ISSTH. Didnt think I would like it but glad I stuck with it.

I read PDG - but it was so boring by c100 that I dropped it, and I talked with a guy that was reading the raws and how frustrated he was the crap the author was pulling so I decided not to pick it up again.

dont read Korean WN unless they got printed meaning LN such as Dungeon Defense and Red Storm (the game elements in DD are almost nonexistent), reason I don't read Korean WNs is because the only thing good about them is the beginning by c70 or so all of them go down trash route... I regret ever reading KR WNs...

castle of black iron iron I would read it further if some stuff I heard didn't turn me off
    by chapter 200-250, he fucked at least 200 women and some he even raped or tried raping and there was also a tiny other matter that's not worth pointing out
     as for ISSTH tbh it was only good between c200 and c700 (my personal opinion) after that my enjoyment of it kept dropping until around c1100 I dropped it, I heavily prefer renegade immortal over ISSTH, so yeah, I am quite picky, if it was in the past when I started reading web novels I would have read just about anything but these days I only read about 5 different web novels and no more and I keep up with their translations...
  • I read PDG - but it was so boring by c100 that I dropped it, and I talked with a guy that was reading the raws and how frustrated he was the crap the author was pulling so I decided not to pick it up again.

dont read Korean WN unless they got printed meaning LN such as Dungeon Defense and Red Storm (the game elements in DD are almost nonexistent), reason I don't read Korean WNs is because the only thing good about them is the beginning by c70 or so all of them go down trash route... I regret ever reading KR WNs...

castle of black iron iron I would read it further if some stuff I heard didn't turn me off
    by chapter 200-250, he fucked at least 200 women and some he even raped or tried raping and there was also a tiny other matter that's not worth pointing out
     as for ISSTH tbh it was only good between c200 and c700 (my personal opinion) after that my enjoyment of it kept dropping until around c1100 I dropped it, I heavily prefer renegade immortal over ISSTH, so yeah, I am quite picky, if it was in the past when I started reading web novels I would have read just about anything but these days I only read about 5 different web novels and no more and I keep up with their translations...
    I read PDG mtl to somewhere around chapter 500-600. Not bad. Wait til the chapters build up and read it again

I'm also iffy about Korean novels. But just like Chinese ones it depends on the author and specific novel. Although I listed a few up there, I dont read them all. Some are good, some are crap.

Castle of Black Iron I know about some of the spoilers but I'm still reading it cause its fresh and original in its own way. I thought that about Long Live Summons as well cause it wasn't like other novels at all (although I dropped after it got too stupid). Hopefully CoBR doesnt follow in the path.

But what novel doesnt have similar things? In most of these novels most girls are after the MC's jock and any girl who isn't is seen as a stuck up cold bitch. It comes with the territory of these novels
  • edited July 2017
    Gate of Revelation is definitely good, If youre looking for great writing, character development, thrill, action, and just plain awesomeness, this is the novel to read! 12/10
    Also try Terror Infinity, from what I hear the translations are almost done, it doesnt have much of the game elements, but there is some. No actually there are a lot of game elements in this story but, it focuses more on the character development, the way the characters go through their trials, and basically the story itself, the game elements are just accessory and dont get mentioned all the time. It only actually makes a great deal at the beginning of the story. It would be kinda spoiler if i tell more, just read through Volume 1 (Resident Evil) then you'd understand what I mean

Some anime you might like:
    No game No life - (11/10 very good) - this anime is the very definition of great, All about the smarts 
    Log Horizon - Its nice, focuses on politics and witty use of the game system
    Accel World - Its a game world linked in reality like digimon, but its not like digimon....
    Sword Art Online - You might have heard of it and Yes I know its virtual reality but its reality-virtual reality, theres a difference

Korean Manwha
    The Gamer - Not that great, but I did like it enough, the world building is nice, and OP's powers are definitely very interesting, i don't remember why i dropped it but i guess it got boring try it tho you might like it, a lot of people do

The Bold names are the ones I highly recommend, and even if you don't watch anime, i tell you, try No game No life
  • Hows the characters and plot in Gate of Revelation? I'm not really interested in Shounen type characters and stories that are brainless MC's like Naruto. I only read it if I absolutely have nothing left to read.

Terror Infinity is about horror movies right? I read it when it first came out but I dropped it

I watched Log Horizon, Accel World, and SAO
    No Game No Life is about a bother and sister pair who play games right? I'm more interested in action

I read The Gamer too
  • No Game No Life is action packed :), they play games in a different way!

I'm not sure how you define shonen, cus that includes a lot of genres. But MC here is definitely not brainless, its also not a story where the MC is just getting stronger cus he wants to be the strongest, it has a very stable foundation and world building. There are no stupid filler chapters used to just lengthen the book and no stupid decisions made (atleast, none that stood out too much that I can remember). No duez ex machina but sometimes it seems like a duez ex machina, but it isnt. the MC is pretty lucky sometimes, But then again everyone can be lucky right? Moreover, given the scope of his world, his luck can be considered pretty average.

Also all in all, the writer of this story is a very smart guy (I think) atleast for sure I know he thinks of what he writes and he definitely already has a goal set in mind.

When reading GOR you need to have a little patience, the first few parts start out slow because the author is still building the world and all.