Few unresolved questions - SPOILER!

Hi guys! ATG is the first novel I ever read and takes a special place in my heart, so some time ago I re-read the novel.
While reading it again I come through some inconsitencies and hope that maybe some of you, which maybe have more informations, may answer some of them.

1. The dimension of  the planet, Blue Pole Star? There is written that 90 (or 99)% of the planet is water and the remaing is earth, which is the Azure Cloud Continent, the Profound Sky Continent and the Illusory Demon Realm. In the Illusory Demon Arc is stated that the Realm has 70 BILLIONS of people (i can  provide you the chapter if don't remember or belive), so if one of the Realms in Blue Pole Star has 70 billions of people and we add the remaining two Continents, how big is it? We live on planet Earth and are nearly 7 billions on a surface of about 30% with the radius of 6400 km, so how huge is BPS??? Like our entire Solar System?? I think MARS here didn't have a good picture in his mind.

2. The difference in Profound strength between the Illusory Demon Realm and the Four Great Sacred Grounds. As we now know, the FGSG each one of them have AT LEAST three level 10 Monarch's while the IDR had only one (which was a traitor too). So my question is: during the attack to seize the Mirror of Samsara how was it possible for the IDR to sustain and resist the invasion?? Just with one Sword Attendant from Mighty Heavenly Sword Region they could have won over all!!!

3. The Sovereign Profound Relam is the apex that one could cultivate in Blue Pole Star and their lifespan is of several thousand years, so why in the Illusory Demon Realm all the Patriarchs from the Guardian Families succeed one another when they are some hundred years old? (Mu Feiyan being the eldest of them was 3-400 years old and should give in to Mu Yubai in some decades). Where do all the old Patriarchs go when they step down? They sever their heart vein because their life is fullfilled?

4. ehm.......where's the Demon Emperor wife?

I am sorry if I made question already asked, but I searched throughout the forum and didn't find anything.

Comments

• 1. in these novels, it's always like this . mars is not the only one to do this
    2. the demon emperor n yun family may have tipped the balance
    3. maybe they do what duke huai claimed and roam the wworld
    4. she died from golden crow flames
    The Universe will end one fine day. Nothing really matters. Cheers anyway!
  • 1. Ok, I didn't read so many novels to know that.
    2. Demon Emperor surely, Yun Family no. Yun Canghai was at the peak of the 8th level of Sovereign and was the strongest.
    3. Ok...all of them?? Not to mention that if the Patriarch change occurs every 3-400 years then there should be at least 5-6 other Grand, Grand Grand, Grand Grand Grand, Grand Grand Grand Grand...Patriarchs around.
    4. I missed this one sorry.
  • 1. not sure it is ever stated how big the planet is but Wuxia worlds tend to be massive compared to earth.

2. Pretty sure it was mentioned that the former emperor (LDE's father) lead an invasion of PSC and lost a ton of their elites and elders then her brother (first Husband) went to seek revenge and lost even more.  It is likely that SG are not sure what hidden experts IDC are hiding so they are afraid to invade,  Or they are afraid of the other SG backstabbing them for benefits.

3.  It is never mentioned as far as I know that the cultivation of ATG will bring immortality.  There is almost no mention of anyone older than like a Grandfather/Great-grandfather level figure to MC's generation so I was always under the impression that below Divine realm (something that is said to be impossible to achieve on the planet) the life may be extended but it is still only like 400 - 500 years.  This is why there are no super old dudes hiding away cultivating for 5000 years.

• 1. not sure it is ever stated how big the planet is but Wuxia worlds tend to be massive compared to earth.

2. Pretty sure it was mentioned that the former emperor (LDE's father) lead an invasion of PSC and lost a ton of their elites and elders then her brother (first Husband) went to seek revenge and lost even more.  It is likely that SG are not sure what hidden experts IDC are hiding so they are afraid to invade,  Or they are afraid of the other SG backstabbing them for benefits.

3.  It is never mentioned as far as I know that the cultivation of ATG will bring immortality.  There is almost no mention of anyone older than like a Grandfather/Great-grandfather level figure to MC's generation so I was always under the impression that below Divine realm (something that is said to be impossible to achieve on the planet) the life may be extended but it is still only like 400 - 500 years.  This is why there are no super old dudes hiding away cultivating for 5000 years.

I'm not sure what story you've been reading, but it's definitely not ATG.

The Demon Emperor didn't lead any invasion, nor did the Little Demon Emperor go seek revenge. I really don't know where you got all that nonsense.... Since this is all translated already, I won't bother elaborating on their situation, but I can assure you that what you said is completely wrong.

As for how long they live, Sovereigns can live around 2000 or so years.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Of What I know, it was mentioned that the current planet is huge compared to Earth, that's why 99% of it can be water and still have large continents compared to Earth. As for the Demon Empress, the females of the Golden Crow lineage die early so likely died a long time ago.
  • 1. Ok, I didn't read so many novels to know that.
    2. Demon Emperor surely, Yun Family no. Yun Canghai was at the peak of the 8th level of Sovereign and was the strongest.
    3. Ok...all of them?? Not to mention that if the Patriarch change occurs every 3-400 years then there should be at least 5-6 other Grand, Grand Grand, Grand Grand Grand, Grand Grand Grand Grand...Patriarchs around.

1 - You shouldn't use Earth as a parameter to measure the worlds in xianxia novels. Just so you know, the distance between Profound Sky Continent and Azure Cloud Continent is around 3.5 million kilometers. Heck, Mars is rather tame in this aspect, you'll find some novels where 50 kilometers giants and beasts are a common sight. lol

2 - Yun Canghai not only had the Profound Handle, it was even the Cyan color. I remember Yun Canghai saying that there was less than 5 people who could match him in PSC. Those less than 5 probably being the 4 SG Masters. Just like with Yun Che, you shouldn't measure the battle prowess of the Yun Family solely based on the level of their Profound Qi.

3 - They probably go into closed door cultivation in order to reach the apex. That or it's simply a plot hole on Mars' part.
    "A person only dies when they are forgotten" - Dr. Hiluluk
  • Ophis said:
    1. Ok, I didn't read so many novels to know that.

1 - You shouldn't use Earth as a parameter to measure the worlds in xianxia novels. Just so you know, the distance between Profound Sky Continent and Azure Cloud Continent is around 3.5 million kilometers. Heck, Mars is rather tame in this aspect, you'll find some novels where 50 kilometers giants and beasts are a common sight. lol

2 - Yun Canghai not only had the Profound Handle, it was even the Cyan color. I remember Yun Canghai saying that there was less than 5 people who could match him in PSC. Those less than 5 probably being the 4 SG Masters. Just like with Yun Che, you shouldn't measure the battle prowess of the Yun Family solely based on the level of their Profound Qi.

3 - They probably go into closed door cultivation in order to reach the apex. That or it's simply a plot hole on Mars' part.
    1. Thank you! My experience with novels is pretty low so i didn't know of this fact. I was just amazed how this number continuously pooped out like nothing.

2. I remember cleary Yun Cangahi saying that and at that time I thought that he was surely on the same level of the SG Masters. But on the IDR arc is stated that the Profound Handle gives surely an advantage when the practicioner are on the same level, but as the level of profound strenght rises the advantage gets thinner. During the family competition, they said that skipping 2 to 3 levels in the Sky or Emperor Realm was normal, but when Overlord just 1-2 level was already the max. I just think that Mars didn't have clear ideas when writing about profound levels during the novel and somehow mixed up things...

3. Really hope you are right about the closed door thing...
  • Hi guys! ATG is the first novel I ever read and takes a special place in my heart, so some time ago I re-read the novel.
    While reading it again I come through some inconsitencies and hope that maybe some of you, which maybe have more informations, may answer some of them.

1. The dimension of  the planet, Blue Pole Star? There is written that 90 (or 99)% of the planet is water and the remaing is earth, which is the Azure Cloud Continent, the Profound Sky Continent and the Illusory Demon Realm. In the Illusory Demon Arc is stated that the Realm has 70 BILLIONS of people (i can  provide you the chapter if don't remember or belive), so if one of the Realms in Blue Pole Star has 70 billions of people and we add the remaining two Continents, how big is it? We live on planet Earth and are nearly 7 billions on a surface of about 30% with the radius of 6400 km, so how huge is BPS??? Like our entire Solar System?? I think MARS here didn't have a good picture in his mind.

The world is stated to be 3% land and 97% water. If we take Mars quotes at face value, then BPS is bigger than the sun but smaller than the solar system. In chap 820 (in the machine translation) Jasmine states the distance between Profound Sky continent and Azure cloud continent is 9 million Li (4.5 million km). Assuming both these continents are on the opposite side of the world, then BPS would have a circumference of 9 million km (2 x 4.5 million km). If they weren't on the opposite side of the world, then the circumference would be even bigger. Using the circumference of 9 million km, this would give a radius of 1.43 million km, making BPS having a radius of 225 times the Earth's or 2 times the Sun's radius. It’s total surface area is 2.57x10^13 and 3% (land area) of that is 7.73 x10^11 square kilometres. Surface area of earth is 510.1 million km² , which makes the land area 1516 times the total surface area of earth. The total area of all countries on earth is 121,003,387 square kilometres. That is the size of the 3 continents is at least 6392.3 times the total area of countries on earth. So yeah, BPS is big.
    2. The difference in Profound strength between the Illusory Demon Realm and the Four Great Sacred Grounds. As we now know, the FGSG each one of them have AT LEAST three level 10 Monarch's while the IDR had only one (which was a traitor too). So my question is: during the attack to seize the Mirror of Samsara how was it possible for the IDR to sustain and resist the invasion?? Just with one Sword Attendant from Mighty Heavenly Sword Region they could have won over all!!!

The answer appears to be in numbers. While a level 10 Monarch is much more powerful than a level 9 Monarch, and level 9 Monarch is presumably much more powerful than a level 8 Monarch and so on, the Illusory Demon Realm has enough numbers to offset this disparity. For example in chap 797 we learn that Absolute Monarch Sanctuary (the most powerful of the sacred grounds) has 163 monarchs, and we already know they have 14 monarchs among their elders, which include 4 level 10 and 5 level 9 monarchs. They also had 400 odd people who were at least level 7 overlords. Yun Che estimates in the same chapter it will take at least six or seven Guardian Families of the Illusory Demon Realm to combat just one Absolute Monarch Sanctuary. From what I remember, the 4 sacred grounds used raids to attack the illusory demon realm and relied on spies to help them avoid the demon's defenses. It seems unlikely they would commit all their forces to attack, so one level 10 Monarch (which is what a sword attendant is) isn't going to be a match for the illusory demon realm assuming Yun Che's assessment is accurate. So the IDR could withstand the invasion because the 4 sacred grounds most probably was using raids rather than a full scale invasion because it would be too costly even if they won.
  • Sweeper Monk said:

The answer appears to be in numbers. While a level 10 Monarch is much more powerful than a level 9 Monarch, and level 9 Monarch is presumably much more powerful than a level 8 Monarch and so on, the Illusory Demon Realm has enough numbers to offset this disparity. For example in chap 797 we learn that Absolute Monarch Sanctuary (the most powerful of the sacred grounds) has 163 monarchs, and we already know they have 14 monarchs among their elders, which include 4 level 10 and 5 level 9 monarchs. They also had 400 odd people who were at least level 7 overlords. Yun Che estimates in the same chapter it will take at least six or seven Guardian Families of the Illusory Demon Realm to combat just one Absolute Monarch Sanctuary. From what I remember, the 4 sacred grounds used raids to attack the illusory demon realm and relied on spies to help them avoid the demon's defenses. It seems unlikely they would commit all their forces to attack, so one level 10 Monarch (which is what a sword attendant is) isn't going to be a match for the illusory demon realm assuming Yun Che's assessment is accurate. So the IDR could withstand the invasion because the 4 sacred grounds most probably was using raids rather than a full scale invasion because it would be too costly even if they won.
    You said everything I wanted to but was too lazy to type. Just the space array required to go to IDR would cost a lot, never mind the return trip. How mny people could they have sent anyway?
  • The answer appears to be in numbers. While a level 10 Monarch is much more powerful than a level 9 Monarch, and level 9 Monarch is presumably much more powerful than a level 8 Monarch and so on, the Illusory Demon Realm has enough numbers to offset this disparity. For example in chap 797 we learn that Absolute Monarch Sanctuary (the most powerful of the sacred grounds) has 163 monarchs, and we already know they have 14 monarchs among their elders, which include 4 level 10 and 5 level 9 monarchs. They also had 400 odd people who were at least level 7 overlords. Yun Che estimates in the same chapter it will take at least six or seven Guardian Families of the Illusory Demon Realm to combat just one Absolute Monarch Sanctuary. From what I remember, the 4 sacred grounds used raids to attack the illusory demon realm and relied on spies to help them avoid the demon's defenses. It seems unlikely they would commit all their forces to attack, so one level 10 Monarch (which is what a sword attendant is) isn't going to be a match for the illusory demon realm assuming Yun Che's assessment is accurate. So the IDR could withstand the invasion because the 4 sacred grounds most probably was using raids rather than a full scale invasion because it would be too costly even if they won.

Yes, but that don't make sense with what is common knowledge in the rest of the novel. We have YC as MC so he does not count, because he can skip around 20+ levels of profound streangth when fighting, but all around the novel is stated that when you are in the early levels (Spirit, Sky, Emperor) you can overcome a difference of around 2-3 levels just by talent (I'm not counting the Profound Handle of the Yun Family) or comprehension of the profound, but when you become an Overlord the difference between one level and an other is, Mars words, like heaven and earth, which is why the Yun Family has an advantage, because at this level the things that make you superior becomes less and less and we are talking about Overlords here, not Monarch's. As you said a level 10 Monarch is much more powerful than a level 9 and so on, but a level 10 Duke Ming can overthrow and do whatever he wants in the Realm with no one that can oppose him, even in his most tired state only the LDE could cripple and defeat him.
    And if we are talking about costs that makes less sense, because sending just one or two level 10 Monarch would surely be less expensive in time and money than sending spies, warriors for raids and so on. That's why I keep thinking that Mars misculculated something or he just mixed up.
  • They invaded the IDR some 100 years ago. Maybe not all of them were level 10 yet? Also, 1 lion may succumb to 15 dogs if they gang up on it.
  • edited May 2017
    1. wuxia world is different with earth. unless you read modern chinese novel (like IRAS, beauty CEO, etc..)

2. how was it possible for the IDR to sustain and resist the invasion??.
    A. long distance and interest problem (even peak-level sovereign is unable to cross it unless use ark).
    -troublesome transportation, only few people load in ark(don't compare with yun che primodial ark)
    -how much divine crystal need for ordinary ark to cross long distance???.
    all 4 SG wouldn't sacrifice their crystal too much, unless they want to get destroyed by another SG if they decline
    -how much time need to cross long distance and comeback???.
    -who can guaranteed another SG wouldn't attack their region if they send many of their powerhouese for a period of time???
    many cost, many interest
    B.all people in IDR is commanded solely by demon emperor. one continent vs few people from 4 SG with own interest
    plus -detection of powerhouse IDR instantly (in the past duke ming tell secret dimensional passage to 4 sacred ground)
    C. detail of IDR powerhouse vs few people from 4 SG:
    1. demon clan
    1 peak sovereign with golden crow flame 
    2. demon family (100 palace)
    3. 12 guardian clan
    specially with 10 late stage sovereign from yun clan
    yun changhai only lv 8 sovereign, but he can match lv 10 sovereign
    4. another sovereign from another region (south border,etc from IDR)

all sovereign from IDR vs few sovereign of 4 SG.i think reasonable

3. A.my assumption about sovereign life span
    late stage sovereign - thousand years old (demon emperor, 10 yun clan elder that killed by 2 sacred ground, gu chang, wentian, etc..)
    intermediate/beginning sovereign - hundred years old (yun qinghong, duke huai, LDE before get 9 drop of crow blood,)
    B. you can't compare 4 leader SG with 12 guardian clan leader (guardian clan are demon emperor clan subordinate).
    just compare 4 SG leader with demon emperor clan leader (demon emperor clan leader always late sovereign, except little demon emperor and LDE). 
    c. old Patriarchs just step down like feng zukui from DPS. did feng zukui kill himself???
    note: how much old and how much powerful feng hengkong as DPS leader.

Mu Feiyan was 400 years old??? (can you tell me in which chapter???)

4. where's the Demon Emperor wife? (mars tell us nothing about LDE mother). absolutely, she already die
    ATG saved life
    you would regret if you never read ATG.... Bitchhhh >:) 

• 3. A.my assumption about sovereign life span
    late stage sovereign - thousand years old (demon emperor, 10 yun clan elder that killed by 2 sacred ground, gu chang, wentian, etc..)
    intermediate/beginning sovereign - hundred years old (yun qinghong, duke huai, LDE,)
    B. you can't compare 4 leader SG with 12 guardian clan leader (guardian clan are demon emperor clan subordinate).
    just compare 4 SG leader with demon emperor clan leader (demon emperor clan leader always late sovereign, except little demon emperor and LDE). 
    c. old Patriarchs just step down like feng zukui from DPS. did feng zukui kill himself???
    note: how much old and how much powerful feng hengkong as DPS leader.

Mu Feiyan was 400 years old??? (can you tell me in which chapter???)

Ehm, Ji Qianrou was around 600 years old and he was "only" a peak Overlord, so I don't think a low level Monarch lives only some hundred years. I think I read somewhere that when you enter the Sovereign Profound Realm your lifespan reach at least the millenium.
    As for Mu Feiyan I didn't wrote 400, but 3-400, because is just an estimation I made. It is said more than one time that he is the oldest of the Patriarch's and Yun Canghai was several, not a couple, hundred years old and from the same generation so I just limked the pieces of information. I can say 80% sure that he is at least 300 years old.