Did Ning fail his daomerge?

OK so i skipped a few books reading through some chapters that had interesting titles and i ended up at book 39/40 and see that everyone talks about his failing at daomerge...what happen?!

Comments

• He did failed but since he's the mc he will overcome it with a bang!

Check Spoiler thread DE last pages on how ji ning do to breakthrough again.
  • Or read the first half of book 43 it's there somewhere 
  • the daomerge failure happens in volume 38
  • when ji ning become daolord?
  • Volume 29, after entering vastheaven everworld. he finishes his oath to world god northrest and then becomes a daolord
  • edited May 2017
    Neon711 said:
    OK so i skipped a few books reading through some chapters that had interesting titles and i ended up at book 39/40 and see that everyone talks about his failing at daomerge...what happen?!
    He did fail. However, in the process of his daomerge, he managed to fully master the eternal ultimate dao of the sword, so despite being a  dao lord, he actually stands somewhere between hegemons (which are top-tier Eternal Emperors) and sovereigns (the next realm/level). As a result, he's fucking invincible, since there are only 4 or 5 sovereigns alive and all of them are in seclusion, preparing for the endwar (or trolling around).

I could tell you how he succeeds, but I don't how how to put a spoiler tag and I'd end up spoiling the whole thing (novel).