Plundering the Dao of the Immortal Journey (盗天仙途)

edited July 2017 in Other Novel Spoilers
Synopsis:

Earth Immortals are cultivated from a blessed land,

Heaven Immortals move to and from the divine mountains.

I have a stalk of plum blossom, and I shall maraud the Will of the Heavens with it!

NU Page: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/plundering-the-dao-of-the-immortal-journey/

Questions:

What is the origin of the Plum Blossom?
Does it possess any other abilities except the Plunder one?
Are there any other characters that possess gifts similar to the Plum Blossom? If so, what are they?
Is there anything special about the MC's late father especially his lineage?
How does the cultivation system work?
What is the Imperial Qi that is granted to scholars?
What are the MC's abilities?
When does the MC become a High Scholar?
Does he ever try to become a Grand Scholar?
When does he join a sect and which one does he join? Or does he become a rogue cultivator?
How does he deal with Tang Zhen?
How and when does he take his revenge on Zhang Jie Yu and the Holy Jail Sect?
How and when does he take his revenge upon the Xie guy?
When does he reunite with Ye Su'er?
How does he retaliate against her aunt?
Is it OTP or Harem?
"What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino

Comments

• can anyone that has been keeping up with the translation, give a sort of basic summary of the story so far? as well as whether it is worth picking up? or is it just like any other xianxia out there, and nothing special about it? 
  • edited June 2017

can anyone that has been keeping up with the translation, give a sort of basic summary of the story so far? as well as whether it is worth picking up? or is it just like any other xianxia out there, and nothing special about it? 
    I've read up to the latest translated chapter and I like it quite a bit so far. The premise is the MC basically had imba spiritual roots (called the Plum Blossom) but made a series of bad choices (like abandoning his love, hiding his abilities too much etc) that lead to his roots being stolen and being executed by the man who stole his roots. But just before he gets killed he sends his memories and part of the Plum Blossom back in time to about when he was 15 years old. So the original MC actually dies and a new MC from earth takes over his young self and inherits his memories and Plum Blossom (not sure why the author did this, the new MC's knowledge from earth has little importance to the story but I guess its more relatable this way?).

But he lost his spiritual roots so he can't cultivate but the Plum Blossom allows him to absorb (more like steal) wisdom/knowledge from books with strong heritages. So basically the new MC has to make right the wrong decisions the previous MC made in his old life, such as saving his childhood love from bandits, pass imperial exams and gaining scholar statuses, gather inheritances from essay books and dao manuals, etc). As he fulfill these tasks he gains parts of the spiritual roots back.

So far the MC hasn't gotten the complete spiritual roots and hence is not a cultivator. Think first 100 chapters of Ze Tianji, except this MC is extremely pragmatic and will kill when he has to.
  • @Moonwalkingbird thanks a lot for this! Sounds interesting might give it a go.