Battle of MC's

2»

Comments

• edited October 2015

Looks like someone is piss. Chill man. And why dont you state your proof instead of barking? This thread is about opinion, why get piss over it and not even give any proof?

Haha this is gold. Looks like someone can't interpret what they read lol. It's funny how you can only say I'm pissed instead of answering my question.

Barking? I'm asking now, do you know anything about EoS CD or ST? Cuz everyone here seems like they know aside from you. Linley said it himself
    in ST that Qin Yu's cultivation will be the same as him aka Universe Creator. And near the end, it is written in the Hong Meng Gold List that the first 4 UC are granted level 1 authority which Linley and Qin Yu are respectively the second and third with their own universe.
  • Daryl said:

Daryl said:

Madness said:

before that power levels are complete different in both series.

Which is why the OP set the conditions to be currently translated Linley and currently translated Qin Yu.
    Current Linley is from book 20 out of 21, while current Qin Yu is from book 12 out of 18. It's like comparing a 12 year old teen with an adult and asking who is stronger. If we are to compare, it's best to compare when both are at the top at the end of their story. An only then can we determine who is stronger, and my opinion is that Qin Yu can trash Linley ass hahaha.

Yea, your opinion. Because it's wrong. At the end, they're even.

That's your opinion or are you stating it as fact? If you're stating it as a fact, please do provide proof. If it's spoilers just add a [*SPOILER*] tag before your post. Thank you. Oh and no need to get on your high horse or get mad.

So I take it you didn't even know end of series Linley and Qin Yu? Then what the hell are you prattling that Qin Yu can trash Linley for? Most people here as seen above already know about it.
    And seems like you need to up your reading comprehension more if you're interpreting my previous post as me getting mad.
    krolk88 said:

Ryuko said:

krolk88 said:

Ryuko said:

i never said that linley could one-punch him? but he can indeed beat him atm :P
    Well,Qin Yu is(almost) impossible to kill other than by one-punching...hence my assumption :P
    IIRC the 9-in-9 Heavenly Tribulation nearly got him killed, his body got half-destroyed but the destruction didn't reach his soul so it's not a big deal.
    Qin Yu is dead if his soul is destroyed, it doesn't have to be one-shot, if the Heavenly Tribulation managed to destroy his entire body then he'll die.
    Though Linley would've kill Qin Yu with a simple Voidwave sword soul attack, not to mention now that he can already fused 4 divine powers.

Meteoric Tear is the relevant of a UC level soul protecting talisman. I don't see how Linley's attacks could have any effect against Qin Yu. Material attacks could destroy his body, but he will just reform.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Byyyy the way, spoilers are not welcome in this part of the forums, so you might want to add spoiler tags to all of your posts, guys...
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • edited October 2015
    Lowlav said:

Daryl said:

Daryl said:

Madness said:

before that power levels are complete different in both series.

Which is why the OP set the conditions to be currently translated Linley and currently translated Qin Yu.
    Current Linley is from book 20 out of 21, while current Qin Yu is from book 12 out of 18. It's like comparing a 12 year old teen with an adult and asking who is stronger. If we are to compare, it's best to compare when both are at the top at the end of their story. An only then can we determine who is stronger, and my opinion is that Qin Yu can trash Linley ass hahaha.

Yea, your opinion. Because it's wrong. At the end, they're even.

That's your opinion or are you stating it as fact? If you're stating it as a fact, please do provide proof. If it's spoilers just add a [*SPOILER*] tag before your post. Thank you. Oh and no need to get on your high horse or get mad.

So I take it you didn't even know end of series Linley and Qin Yu? Then what the hell are you prattling that Qin Yu can trash Linley for? Most people here as seen above already know about it.
    And seems like you need to up your reading comprehension more if you're interpreting my previous post as me getting mad.
    krolk88 said:

Ryuko said:

krolk88 said:

Ryuko said:

i never said that linley could one-punch him? but he can indeed beat him atm :P
    Well,Qin Yu is(almost) impossible to kill other than by one-punching...hence my assumption :P
    IIRC the 9-in-9 Heavenly Tribulation nearly got him killed, his body got half-destroyed but the destruction didn't reach his soul so it's not a big deal.
    Qin Yu is dead if his soul is destroyed, it doesn't have to be one-shot, if the Heavenly Tribulation managed to destroy his entire body then he'll die.
    Though Linley would've kill Qin Yu with a simple Voidwave sword soul attack, not to mention now that he can already fused 4 divine powers.
    Meteoric Tear is the relevant of a UC level soul protecting talisman. I don't see how Linley's attacks could have any effect against Qin Yu. Material attacks could destroy his body, but he will just reform.

Wait, UC level? Where did you get this? IIRC Meteoric Tear's complete refinement helped Qin Yu reached
    Heavenly God State and the other part of the tear in Li'er's possession is highly sought after because it could help them reach God King easily. God King is below Supreme Lord which is still way below UC so how is it UC level?

Current Meteoric Tear haven't fused with Qin Yu's divine spirit Jindan or Yuanying (and Qin Yu haven't formed them anyway) so it's actually questionable whether or not it can defend against a direct soul attack and Linley's level of soul attack at that. Actually, have Meteoric Tear shown any feat of soul defense? I know in the later untranslated chapters that it does but that was way later when the Meteoric Tear evolve and fused with Qin Yu's divine spirit.

Also, with material attacks, if Qin Yu's speed of regen is slower than the speed of destruction and the destruction actually struck his core, then he's done for. Like how the tribulation lightning was gonna do but Qin Yu survived that cuz he has the level 9 golden immortal puppet to block.
  • Daryl said:

Looks like someone is piss. Chill man. And why dont you state your proof instead of barking? This thread is about opinion, why get piss over it and not even give any proof?

Haha this is gold. Looks like someone can't interpret what they read lol. It's funny how you can only say I'm pissed instead of answering my question.

Barking? I'm asking now, do you know anything about EoS CD or ST? Cuz everyone here seems like they know aside from you. Linley said it himself
    in ST that Qin Yu's cultivation will be the same as him aka Universe Creator. And near the end, it is written in the Hong Meng Gold List that the first 4 UC are granted level 1 authority which Linley and Qin Yu are respectively the second and third with their own universe.
    So that's what got you wetting your panties? Why were you acting all haughty and emotional for? I wasn't sure if you knew something i didn't, looks like you were just putting on some air. Acting and pretending like you knew some shit and refusing to provide proof until now, and it just to end up being that. Read the thread title, it's asking who is stronger. I chose Qin Yu. I also read the ST spoiler from "angelsplight" long ago. Even if they are both UC, Qin Yu has more inner talent. 

No need to try to show off if you only know this much.
  • edited October 2015

Daryl said:

So that's what got you wetting your panties? Why were you acting all haughty and emotional for? I wasn't sure if you knew something i didn't, looks like you were just putting on some air. Acting and pretending like you knew some shit and refusing to provide proof until now, and it just to end up being that. Read the thread title, it's asking who is stronger. I chose Qin Yu. I also read the ST spoiler from "angelsplight" long ago. Even if they are both UC, Qin Yu has more inner talent. 

No need to try to show off if you only know this much.
    Yup, here's you taking another shot at calling me out and suddenly think I'm here to show off, wow, if you wanna get all high and mighty then by all means, your honor.

So you admit that they're both UC and they're both even, then why did you say that "Qin Yu can trash Linley's ass"? So what if Qin Yu has more inner talent? Does that allow him to pawn Linley?
    It seems pretty funny that I call you out because you're wrong and your ARE btw since you said it yourself that both are UC, both are even yet when I call you out, you evade by saying I'm mad and now saying I wanna show off.
    If you already know both are even then why say Qin Yu is gonna trash Linley's ass? Where's your proof now btw?

And yes, I used angelsplight's term cause GT's translations are shits like Obscurity Bang, Heaven India, Hong Car, First Row and sometimes translated Linley as Lemon. Why use GT when you have the right term? Are you just wanna show that you read the spoiler? Well don't let my lowly self to get in your way of showing it then, your holiness.
  • Yup, here's you taking another shot at calling me out and suddenly think I'm here to show off, wow, if you wanna get all high and mighty then by all means, your honor.
    You're not trying to show off? Why don't you read your first reply to me? All I did was gave my honest opinion while you came out trying to blow your horn acting like you know some shit that no one else does. I gave my opinion while you're trying to pass yours as if it's some kind of fact without giving any proof. I even had to ask you twice until you finally provide your "proof". The topic in question is about who is stronger, this is a matter of opinion. Same as asking between songoku and vegeta who is stronger? No need to get piss because I chose Qin Yu instead of Linley.

So you admit that they're both UC and they're both even
    No I don't. I do say they are both UC, but since I chose Qin Yu, they can't be even. Maybe that logic fail you.
    then why did you say that "Qin Yu can trash Linley's ass"?

Why do you ask stupid question if you know why. I said he has more inner talent.

So what if Qin Yu has more inner talent? Does that allow him to pawn Linley?
    You're not that smart ain't ya? If like you said, they are even, with me saying Qin Yu also have more inner talent, no shit he can pawn Linley.

It seems pretty funny that I call you out because you're wrong and your ARE btw since you said it yourself that both are UC, both are even yet when I call you out, you evade by saying I'm mad and now saying I wanna show off.
    Look, you're the dick head calling me out because I stated an honest opinion, while you're the one acting/pretending like you know some kind of facts. Is there anywhere the author wrote that Linley is stronger than Qin Yu or reverse? No. All were doing is making hypothesis. I'm not like you, trying to pass an opinion like it's certainty without providing any evidence until I force you to.

Daryl said:

If you already know both are even then why say Qin Yu is gonna trash Linley's ass? Where's your proof now btw?

Like I said, and you even highlight that part when you call me out, "IN MY OPINION". Does it need any proof? Unlike you, i'm not trying to pass my opinion like it's a fact. But you do.

Daryl said:

And yes, I used angelsplight's term cause GT's translations are shits like Obscurity Bang, Heaven India, Hong Car, First Row and sometimes translated Linley as Lemon. Why use GT when you have the right term? Are you just wanna show that you read the spoiler? 

ROFL, why don't you read our arguments from begin until this point. YOU are the dickhead trying to show off. All I did was inquire where was your proof. Because you are the one trying to pass your opinion as a fact.

Daryl said:

Well don't let my lowly self to get in your way of showing it then, your holiness.

I, your lord, forgave you.
  • edited October 2015
    You're not trying to show off? Why don't you read your first reply to me? All I did was gave my honest opinion while you came out trying to blow your horn acting like you know some shit that no one else does. I gave my opinion while you're trying to pass yours as if it's some kind of fact without giving any proof. I even had to ask you twice until you finally provide your "proof". The topic in question is about who is stronger, this is a matter of opinion. Same as asking between songoku and vegeta who is stronger? No need to get piss because I chose Qin Yu instead of Linley.
    Oh, now this is what I called mad.

You're saying that Qin Yu is gonna trash Linley from what proof? Inner talent? If they're in the same level then inner talent isn't gonna help. Linley has much better inner talent than War God but can Linley beat War God when he's still a 7th rank magus?
    And all I did was saying that it's wrong. Fine, I'll apologize if it comes off as offensive.

And a matter of opinion CAN be refuted btw, not like anyone will just agree if someone say that an infant is stronger than an elephant.

Why do you ask stupid question if you know why. I said he has more inner talent.
    Define how`having more inner talent means stronger than the other then?

You're not that smart ain't ya? If like you said, they are even, with me saying Qin Yu also have more inner talent, no shit he can pawn Linley.
    Oh, ofc this lowly one doesn't dare to claim myself as smart in the presence of your excellency.

Look, you're the dick head calling me out because I stated an honest opinion, while you're the one acting/pretending like you know some kind of facts. Is there anywhere the author wrote that Linley is stronger than Qin Yu or reverse? No. All were doing is making hypothesis. I'm not like you, trying to pass an opinion like it's certainty without providing any evidence until I force you to.
    So Linley saying that Qin Yu will eventually be like him isn't saying enough? The author may not directly say anything about who's stronger but he's channeling what he means through what his characters said/narrations (unless he intended the characters to be dumb/lying). 
    Yea, having 'more inner talent' is certainly a great hypothesis, unlike what I did explaining why current Linley is stronger, oh yes, that makes perfect sense [sarcasm]

ROFL, why don't you read our arguments from begin until this point. YOU are the dickhead trying to show off. All I did was inquire where was your proof. Because you are the one trying to pass your opinion as a fact.
    Ah ad hominem, why am I not surprised. Ok, mr. "having more inner talent means proof", I'll just comply to whatever you're selling at this point.

• I feel comparing power levels from different stories never seems to work out in the end, since different worlds have different systems.
  • You're saying that Qin Yu is gonna trash Linley from what proof? Inner talent? If they're in the same level then inner talent isn't gonna help. Linley has much better inner talent than War God but can Linley beat War God when he's still a 7th rank magus?
    And all I did was saying that it's wrong. Fine, I'll apologize if it comes off as offensive.

Dude you don't make any sense. You're talking about 2 people being even, but use as example 2 people of different strength.  War God versus 7th rank magus, that's not even. In my example, if 2 people are barely even (both are UC), but one has more inner talent, then that person will be stronger.
    And a matter of opinion CAN be refuted btw, not like anyone will just agree if someone say that an infant is stronger than an elephant.

Sure, it can be refute. But what can't be done is attack the fact that I stated an opinion. Which is what you did. You attack the fact that what I said was an opinion while pretending/acting like there's no use for opinions on the matter because you have some indisputable facts. Which is why I asked for your proof. 
    Define how`having more inner talent means stronger than the other then?

It means he has better potential. If 2 people are of even strength, the winner is the one who has a slight advantage. So yeah, in my opinion, Qin Yu would trash Linley.
    So Linley saying that Qin Yu will eventually be like him isn't saying enough? The author may not directly say anything about who's stronger but he's channeling what he means through what his characters said/narrations (unless he intended the characters to be dumb/lying). 
    Yea, having 'more inner talent' is certainly a great hypothesis, unlike what I did explaining why current Linley is stronger, oh yes, that makes perfect sense [sarcasm]
    [*SPOILER*] Be like him? They are both UC. Only difference is that Qin Yu hasn't fully developed his universe yet at the end of ST (universe created but not much life). Linley needed the help of the first Hong meng to help him create his universe while Qin Yu did that by himself. [*SPOILER*] 
    Daryl said:

Ah ad hominem, why am I not surprised. Ok, mr. "having more inner talent means proof", I'll just comply to whatever you're selling at this point

If you're acting like a dickhead, calling you a dickhead isn't ad hominem. You attack someone who give his opinion just because it's an opinion.
  • Chill, guys. Agree to disagree. There's no need to get personal.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Meh their both dickheads to me.
    Why even arguing endgame stuffs when the thread is not.
  • Sooo this was a great thread that gave me some great spoilers I weren't looking for. Perhaps we can move it to the random spoiler thread as it is a crossover spoiler.

That being said I definitely did enjoy reading all the different arguments ~ that was until it became personal at least.
  • edited October 2015
    Chill, guys. Agree to disagree. There's no need to get personal.
    That being said I definitely did enjoy reading all the different arguments ~ that was until it became personal at least.

I want to apologize if I have offended any readers. All I did in my first post here was add to a comment Daryl made. I didn't attack him or anything, just added more to his comment, to follow suit. Daryl took it personal and overreacted and started to attack me. He didn't "refute" my opinion like he tried to justify himself. He attacked me for having an opinion. He was acting all pretentious and conceited, like he knew something no one else knew. Sure enough I asked him for proof, because sometimes an author will give extra information in interviews about the universe they created (like how J. K. Rowling reveal years later that Voldemort is pronounce voldemor, the "t" is silent). Daryl got even more overbearing and disdainful once I asked him for proof and refused to provide any. I had to request him twice before he finally reveal that proof, which was the reason behind him acting the way he did. I was like WTF (o_0), turn out he didn't know more than anyone, but was only blowing his horn trying to show off.

Anyway, if defending myself trying to make things clear has upset anyone, I apologize to those. 
  • @Daryl

After reading the most recent translations, I'm convinced Meteoric Tear is actually really similar to defensive artifects. It protects the soul as well as the body. 
    Devil Emperor Xue Yi was destroying internal organs that were repaired instantly. The attack directed at the soul was warded off by Meteoric Tear (because an earlier chapter explained that, upon reaching the Dark Star realm, the soul had assimilated into the Tear). 

And then, Black Hole realm makes Qin Yu a literal tank. Once activated, it is capable of absorbing all manners of attacks.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Its totally idiotic to compare the characters between novels because each novel mc has its own characteristics and powers which is suitable for only that novel..So dont bother comparing it...For eg if u compare Goku to another anime series..u can imagine the outcome..
  • Animester said:

Its totally idiotic to compare the characters between novels because each novel mc has its own characteristics and powers which is suitable for only that novel..So dont bother comparing it...For eg if u compare Goku to another anime series..u can imagine the outcome..

I don't consent with your viewpoint. The entire point of this battle thread was to derive a meaningful response from comparison. Skills/Abilities and powers may be diverse. That does not exempt from my ability of wanting to compare the 2 characters.

As for Goku vs any other anime character, the outcome is as is served in the character being compared to. If by this you mean there cannot be a comparison, then you are wrong on this matter. I can name a lot of characters that can be compared to Goku or are far superior in terms of ability.

1. Medaka
    2. Doctor Jackel
    3. Space Dandee
    4. Dark Schneider

If you don't see a point in the thread, stay off it. If you have nothing to offer in response, don't bother posting. I really want this comparison because they are peak existences of different universes written by the same author, who achieves a similar existence by the end. 

In terms of ability, Qin Yu far surpasses Linley. Qin Yu does take a lot of effort and time to cultivate, but his ascension is far more diverse than that of Linley.

The Almighty Froppy
  • That's a mismatch, if you follow translation(not the original(at least i'm not sure about original))
    Current Linley is more than 2 realms above Qin Yu
    Linley - as strong as sovereign artifact(in all aspects)
    Qin Yu - have defensive/offensive artifacts, but kinda weak soul and overall body is not on the level~

Moreover Linley have 4 clones, and Qin Yu only 2(those from atlas is basically ants(well Qin Yu is one too))

Qin Yu is currently only getting close to Mystical Immortal realm, which would probably be like Highgod level, and Linley is already in a whole another realm of power :D
  • edited November 2015
    I only read the start of ST but did Qin Yu lose his black bird friend? Or are we just not counting him?
  • Therom said:

I only read the start of ST but did Qin Yu lose his black bird friend? Or are we just not counting him?

We're not counting Xiao Hei or that Monkey.

And contrary to popular belief Qin Yu is solar system level as is Linley.

The Almighty Froppy