[Coiling Dragon] All the Elemental Laws

So... I'm kind of curious.

Does anyone know all of the known elemental laws in Coiling Dragon and what are their effects?

So far, this is all I know...

Earth element:
Strength
  • Increases the Physical Strength of the user(?)
Vitality
  • Increases the Physical Defense of the user(?)
Essence of the Earth
  • It varies from physical attacks to spiritual ones to building or destroying, all depending on the insights of the other laws.
  • Basically, the the Essence of an Elemental Law increased one's basic understanding of the elements, thus decreasing the amount of Magic and Spiritual Power required to control the elements, as well as increasing the effectiveness.
  • It can also make training in other Elemental laws of the same type easier.
Worldwalking
  • Can fuse with the Earth elemental essence in the surrounding area and move through them; it's almost like an instant movement skill.
Gravitational Space
  • Can control the Gravity. Used to hinder or confuse the opponent.
Throbbing Pulse of the World
  • Primarily used as a soul attack but can be fused with Essence of the Earth to form a powerful and destructive physical attack.
  • It works by understanding all 256 different layers of the Earth pulse and then compress them into one layer to completely master it.
  • The pulse can travel directly through objects and attack the internal parts of the enemy.
  • Can also be used in Soul Defense.

Wind element:
Slow & Fast (Velocity)
  • Used to distort, fold and destroy space.
  • Slow law can used to freeze space.
  • Fast law can distort and collapse space.
  • Both fast and slow at high levels share abilities between them where fast can freeze space and slow can distort and collapse space.

Essence of the Wind
  • It varies from physical attacks to spiritual ones to building or destroying, all depending on the insights of the other laws.
  • Basically, the the Essence of an Elemental Law increased one's basic understanding of the elements, thus decreasing the amount of Magic and Spiritual Power required to control the elements, as well as increasing the effectiveness.
Spatial Wind & Dimensional (Spatial Dimension)
  • Can distort space(?)
Doppelganger
  • Can be used to create doppelganger.
Sound Waves & Music (Sound)
  • Sound Wave is used as a Physical Attack.
  • Music is used as a Soul Attack.
Windwalking
  • Works like Worldwalking, except the user fuse with the wind elemental essence instead(?)
Darkness Element:
Evil
  • No idea what it does...
Essence of Darkness

Comments

• edited October 2015

Profound Laws of Fire:

1) Essence of Fire

2) Profound Mystery of Heat

3) Profound Mystery of Explosive

4) Profound Mystery of Flamebody

Profound Laws of Water:

1) Essence of Water

1+2 Profound Truth of Freezing Zero

2) Profound Mystery of Cold

3) Profound Mystery of Stream

4) Profound Mystery of Soft

5) Circular Softness

Profound Laws of Wind:

1) Essence of Wind

2) Profound Mystery of Doppelganger

3) Profound Mystery of Sound waves

3+4 Profound Truth of Sound

4) Profound Mystery of Music

5) Profound Mystery of Wind Walking

6) Profound Mystery of Spatial Wind

7) Profound Mystery of Dimensional

8) Profound Mystery of Fast

8+9 Profound Truth of Velocity

9) Profound Mystery of Slow

Profound Laws of Earth:

1) Essence of Earth

2) Profound Mystery of Strength

3) Profound Mystery of World Walking

4) Profound Mystery of Vitality

5) Profound Mystery of Gravitational Space

6) Profound Mystery of Throbbing Pulse of the World

1+2+3+4+5+6 Profound Truth of the Void

Profound Laws of Lightning:

1) Essence of Lightning

Profound Laws of Darkness

1) Essence of Darkness

2) Profound Mystery of Shadow Doppelganger

3) Profound Mystery of Evil

4) Profound Mystery of Devour

Profound Laws of Light:

1) Essence of Light

2) Profound Mystery of Light Speed

The 4 Edicts of Fate, Life, Death and Destruction are trained differently than the Elemental laws. They do not contain any type of profound Mystery. Ascension from Saint to demigod, demigod to full god and full god to Highgod can only happen, when the natural laws deem the persons level of enlightenment in the Edict worthy of such a status. Also because there is no fusing of Laws to tell a Highgods strength, it is very difficult to judge the strength of a Highgod who trains in one of the 4 Edicts and there is no way to tell if someone on the level of a 7 star fiend or above reached the paragon level.
  • edited October 2015
    Ooh! Thanks~

But is there a more detailed ones describing each elemental law's characteristic? 
  • I doubt it, nothing as detailed as what you have provided.
  • If I could study in one of the laws, it would be the Profound Laws of Water. Profound mysteries of Absolute Zero and Profound Mystery of Stream.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Lowlav said:

If I could study in one of the laws, it would be the Profound Laws of Water. Profound mysteries of Absolute Zero and Profound Mystery of Stream.

And your reason? :D
  • If I could expand that list I would put the sixth law for Water; the Profound Law of Hard. 

If you fuse Hard and Soft you'll get The profound law of Formless, but IET didn't finish this list so we are left guessing.

• If I could expand that list I would put the sixth law for Water; the Profound Law of Hard. 

If you fuse Hard and Soft you'll get The profound law of Formless, but IET didn't finish this list so we are left guessing.

I had my doubt but then I was like... is water is hard, then doesn't that make it ice instead? xD

Though I still wonder... what is the differences between profound law of soft and circular softness....
  • Water doesn't need to be ice to be hard that's the beauty of it. Have you ever seen those tsunamis hit? It's like massive wall coming down on a city.

From my guess it is probably like this.

Law of Circular Softness: It is effectively using Redirection against their opponents. Using techniques of Tai chi to essentially use an enemies strength against them.

Law of Soft: It might have to do softening impacts like material attacks. The body is fluid and thus hard to damage.

• Water doesn't need to be ice to be hard that's the beauty of it. Have you ever seen those tsunamis hit? It's like massive wall coming down on a city.

From my guess it is probably like this.

Law of Circular Softness: It is effectively using Redirection against their opponents. Using techniques of Tai chi to essentially use an enemies strength against them.

Law of Soft: It might have to do softening impacts like material attacks. The body is fluid and thus hard to damage.

Thank you, that was very insightful
  • well there are also four eddicts....and CD centers around linley (but mostly on earth laws)and wind too..
  • Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

If I could study in one of the laws, it would be the Profound Laws of Water. Profound mysteries of Absolute Zero and Profound Mystery of Stream.

Because, these mysteries are OP in my opinion.

The Almighty Froppy
  • Lowlav said:

Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Yea but why or how is it OP?

Close Combat Mage reference? Blood Bender and Ice Stream Dragon?
  • edited November 2015
    I prefer wind though...
    Praise speed!
    Lowlav said:

• Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Yea but why or how is it OP?

Close Combat Mage reference? Blood Bender and Ice Stream Dragon?
    In theory... Mystery of Stream can be used to counter any oppressive / offensive force directed at you. Mysteries of Absolute zero at its peak could even control time - such as the divine ability of the Azure Dragon. Water is strong against Earth, Fire (negative reaction) and Wind (positive reaction).

The Almighty Froppy
  • edited November 2015
    Lowlav said:

Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

In theory... Mystery of Stream can be used to counter any oppressive / offensive force directed at you. Mysteries of Absolute zero at its peak could even control time - such as the divine ability of the Azure Dragon. Water is strong against Earth, Fire (negative reaction) and Wind (positive reaction).

Water is strong against Earth? Really... I thought it's the other way round.

Fire is strong against Wind, Wind is strong against Earth, Earth is strong against Water and Water is strong against Fire.

Well that's the general concept anyway, but I guess there are always exception.

Like how wind is weak against fire but if you can control the wind, you can control the oxygen, fire can't ignite in vacumn environment.

Regarding Absolute Zero... I'm not sure how it would be able to control time, that is supposedly a law that controls temperature right? It sounds like the ultimate ice spell, Absolute Zero.

However, I believe that the law of Velocity from the law of the wind would be able to achieve that, the power to control time that is.

I stand corrected, in fact, I think any law that specialize in speed would be able to achieve the power to control time when their speed have reached an absolute limit.
  • edited November 2015
    Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Silva Lau said:

Lowlav said:

Water is strong against Earth? Really... I thought it's the other way round.

Fire is strong against Wind, Wind is strong against Earth, Earth is strong against Water and Water is strong against Fire.

Well that's the general concept anyway, but I guess there are always exception.

Like how wind is weak against fire but if you can control the wind, you can control the oxygen, fire can't ignite in vacumn environment.

Regarding Absolute Zero... I'm not sure how it would be able to control time, that is supposedly a law that controls temperature right? It sounds like the ultimate ice spell, Absolute Zero.

However, I believe that the law of Velocity from the law of the wind would be able to achieve that, the power to control time that is.

I stand corrected, in fact, I think any law that specialize in speed would be able to achieve the power to control time when their speed have reached an absolute limit.
    Its the opposite with Absolute Zero to control time. Profound Mystery users of this law via their domain or otherwise through the use of a technique can influence the time as felt by others. They could at the most extreme even freeze time itself.

Eg: 
    imageimage

The Almighty Froppy
  • Well absolute zero is basically a state where molecules are completely inert, where they do not even vibrate at all. It's pretty much impossible to get to absolute zero (to my knowledge) though if you were to freeze the time of the molecules it would be as if they are in that state of absolute zero.
  • Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Spatial and Temporal Manipulation can be achieved through laws. The CD universe has that one single flaw which Linley adds on to the ST Universe.

The Azure Dragon is supposedly the only being that can control time. It is probably due to its deeper understanding of the Profound Laws of Cold, enabling it to slow down matter within a space which also ruins the perception of time of the target.

It is the same concept of the Godeater Rats, as soon as they reach adulthood they are Demigods of Darkness. This is because they have deeper understanding of the Profound Laws of Devour which is the basis of their Divine Ability.

That's my take on it. I love how creative laws can get.
  • edited November 2015

It is the same concept of the Godeater Rats, as soon as they reach adulthood they are Demigods of Darkness. This is because they have deeper understanding of the Profound Laws of Devour which is the basis of their Divine Ability.

Law of devour somehow reminded me of Magia Erebia from Mahou Sensei Negima :O

Absorb the power from other sources and use it to power yourself up.
  • Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Spatial and Temporal Manipulation can be achieved through laws. The CD universe has that one single flaw which Linley adds on to the ST Universe.

The Azure Dragon is supposedly the only being that can control time. It is probably due to its deeper understanding of the Profound Laws of Cold, enabling it to slow down matter within a space which also ruins the perception of time of the target.

Innate Divine abilities might not even rely on profound understanding of the laws. However, they are engrained to the very soul of the users, enabling them to use those abilities. After much research using blood essence, the Chief Sovereign of Destruction was even capable of using the Divine Abilities.

And yeah- even I love the concept of laws. 

The Almighty Froppy