Gourmet of Another World by Li Hongtian

Can someone give me general spoilers?  

Comments

• Ahm, the start was somehow similar to Gourmet Food Supplier. Someone will walk in his shop, will be shocked by the prices, will annoy the owner. Then when he proves his effective and delicious cooking, they will be his regular customer. Of course, when compared to GFS, I personally think this one is better because of the cultivation and the plot. 

So far, Bu Fang has the fatty and his entourage as regulars, the little missy from the Ouyang clan, the Xiao clan, and the third prince. I won't be putting a spoiler tag so read at your own risk. I'll share what I can remember.

Ouyang little girl, ran away from home but ended up being a waitress. Xiao sister will report it to the Ouyang clan.
    Ouyang clan will send the three popular Ouyang brothers, not sure if they are generals but they are known as strong cultivators. They will insult the owner after seeing that they can't beat the robot. Bu Fang, angered by the insults, will receive a quest from the system to make the three brothers acknowledge his cooking. The bet will take place between Bu Fang and the three Ouyang brother. The little missy was the wager. The three brothers will taste all of the available dishes on the menu but they always say the taste was not satisfactorily or the likes until they encounter a dish cooked in wine. Obviously, base on the reactions, Bu Fang wins but they shamelessly denied it so the robot stripped them off and threw them on the streets. Somehow this always happened and those who see are always happy to gaze on the victim's white bottom. Lol. They fled back and was met with their angry father/grandfather. Little missy went back in fear that after the three sons, the father will come rampaging in the store. Was welcomed by the grandfather warmly, it made the other three Ouyang brothers to wonder why, though blood related to the grandpa, the treatment was so contrasting. By the way, the Ouyang's little missy became motivated in cultivating because she wants to taste the drunk rib soup something, not sure about the actual translation of the dish. But yeah, the little missy's motivation has nothing to do with her family but to be allowed to eat Bu Fang's other dishes.

Can't remember the small details anymore. Okay, if I'm not mistaken, after the third prince, the other princes became interested with the restaurant. The emperor as well. Some of them offered Bu Fang to be their royal chef, were mercilessly rejected. Xiao brother and sister pair's father, Xiao Meng, will triumphantly return from the battlefield. The restaurant won't have customers aside from a strong stranger who luckily tasted Bu Fang's first created wine. The guy was actually the disowned oldest son of the Xiao family. Meanwhile, on the banquet prepared for General Xiao Meng who was the only known cultivator in the seventh rank, the Xiao brother-sister pair and little missy will make a bet with Zhao guy about whether the palace's wine is better than Bu Fang's. The next day, the strong stranger will return for the wine, encounter the Xiao brother-sister  pair  who came there together with Zhao something (the one thrown outside from the earlier chapter). They recognized him and then a fight will take place because they hate their older brother so much. No fight is allowed inside the restaurant so the robot interfered and then the Xiao sister was injured because of the backlash of the cultivation technique which worsened due to the robot's interference. Bu Fang was guilty so when the Xiao sister fell into coma, he promised to cure her using some sort of miraculous dish after three days. Actually, the system also issued another quest to him to save the dying beauty.

The general, Xiao Meng was enraged when he learned of the matter, especially when he learned about Xiao Yue's (the strong stranger, the oldest brother) returned. He visited the restaurant, ordered some dishes, threatened Bu Fang about his daughter's case, was alarmed by the dog's cultivation so he didn't make a move but only threatened him. Well, the girl was cured later so all is well, except the princes made a fuss about that, and started sending assassins to take his life because they saw that he can make dishes like that.

Some other things happened, the plot thickened and it involved the royalty and the matters of succession and it's kinda complicated so yeah, my mind has difficulty remembering the whole affair.

So those who became customers of his restaurants were:

Xiao Xiaolong  and his sister
    Third Prince Ji something - he will later be sent to the countryside to fight the barbarians (? not sure who the enemy there), when the emperor died, he was named the successor which shocked the other princes, was ambushed by the his brothers, almost died, saved by the MC and then became emperor
    The Fatty's group - ever so faithful rich regulars
    Ouyang's little missy - the waitress, when the emperor died she was always abducted because the other clans knew she the Ouyang clan's darling and she can be used as bargaining chips to gain the Ouyang clan's support, sometimes saved by MC and his dog or robot
    Emperor - later died,
    Yu wang - some sort of king, first prince I think, he always send assassins to slay Bu Fang because Bu Fang can cook a miracle dish which could prolong the Emperor's life 
    Second prince - not really a regular since he's sometimes antagonistic with the MC, after the Xiao sister's healing, he made a deal with Bu Fang so the MC cooked another dish which could have been able to prolong the emperor's lifespan but on the way of delivering the dish, the servant bringing it was deterred by the other prince's assassins. Oh, by the way, he wants the emperor to have some favorable impression to him through the dish but failed.
    Xiao Meng - the father, a great general, he was at first the only known person who was in the seventh rank (cultivation), 
    Xiao Yue (not sure about the name) - first son of the Xiao clan, previously the empire's greatest genius but he did something horrible to his family (?) so they hated him
    Ouyang's three brothers 
    Grandpa Ouyang - I think he's also a military official, he dotes so much on the little missy

I only read past chapter 150, MTL by the way so I can't guarantee accuracy when it comes to names. 
  • whosays25 said:

Ahm, the start was somehow similar to Gourmet Food Supplier. Someone will walk in his shop, will be shocked by the prices, will annoy the owner. Then when he proves his effective and delicious cooking, they will be his regular customer. Of course, when compared to GFS, I personally think this one is better because of the cultivation and the plot. 

So far, Bu Fang has the fatty and his entourage as regulars, the little missy from the Ouyang clan, the Xiao clan, and the third prince. I won't be putting a spoiler tag so read at your own risk. I'll share what I can remember.

Ouyang little girl, ran away from home but ended up being a waitress. Xiao sister will report it to the Ouyang clan.
    Ouyang clan will send the three popular Ouyang brothers, not sure if they are generals but they are known as strong cultivators. They will insult the owner after seeing that they can't beat the robot. Bu Fang, angered by the insults, will receive a quest from the system to make the three brothers acknowledge his cooking. The bet will take place between Bu Fang and the three Ouyang brother. The little missy was the wager. The three brothers will taste all of the available dishes on the menu but they always say the taste was not satisfactorily or the likes until they encounter a dish cooked in wine. Obviously, base on the reactions, Bu Fang wins but they shamelessly denied it so the robot stripped them off and threw them on the streets. Somehow this always happened and those who see are always happy to gaze on the victim's white bottom. Lol. They fled back and was met with their angry father/grandfather. Little missy went back in fear that after the three sons, the father will come rampaging in the store. Was welcomed by the grandfather warmly, it made the other three Ouyang brothers to wonder why, though blood related to the grandpa, the treatment was so contrasting. By the way, the Ouyang's little missy became motivated in cultivating because she wants to taste the drunk rib soup something, not sure about the actual translation of the dish. But yeah, the little missy's motivation has nothing to do with her family but to be allowed to eat Bu Fang's other dishes.

Can't remember the small details anymore. Okay, if I'm not mistaken, after the third prince, the other princes became interested with the restaurant. The emperor as well. Some of them offered Bu Fang to be their royal chef, were mercilessly rejected. Xiao brother and sister pair's father, Xiao Meng, will triumphantly return from the battlefield. The restaurant won't have customers aside from a strong stranger who luckily tasted Bu Fang's first created wine. The guy was actually the disowned oldest son of the Xiao family. Meanwhile, on the banquet prepared for General Xiao Meng who was the only known cultivator in the seventh rank, the Xiao brother-sister pair and little missy will make a bet with Zhao guy about whether the palace's wine is better than Bu Fang's. The next day, the strong stranger will return for the wine, encounter the Xiao brother-sister  pair  who came there together with Zhao something (the one thrown outside from the earlier chapter). They recognized him and then a fight will take place because they hate their older brother so much. No fight is allowed inside the restaurant so the robot interfered and then the Xiao sister was injured because of the backlash of the cultivation technique which worsened due to the robot's interference. Bu Fang was guilty so when the Xiao sister fell into coma, he promised to cure her using some sort of miraculous dish after three days. Actually, the system also issued another quest to him to save the dying beauty. 

The general, Xiao Meng was enraged when he learned of the matter, especially when he learned about Xiao Yue's (the strong stranger, the oldest brother) returned. He visited the restaurant, ordered some dishes, threatened Bu Fang about his daughter's case, was alarmed by the dog's cultivation so he didn't make a move but only threatened him. Well, the girl was cured later so all is well, except the princes made a fuss about that, and started sending assassins to take his life because they saw that he can make dishes like that.

Some other things happened, the plot thickened and it involved the royalty and the matters of succession and it's kinda complicated so yeah, my mind has difficulty remembering the whole affair.

Third Prince Ji something - he will later be sent to the countryside to fight the barbarians (? not sure who the enemy there), when the emperor died, he was named the successor which shocked the other princes, was ambushed by the his brothers, almost died, saved by the MC and then became emperor
    Ouyang's little missy - the waitress, when the emperor died she was always abducted because the other clans knew she the Ouyang clan's darling and she can be used as bargaining chips to gain the Ouyang clan's support, sometimes saved by MC and his dog or robot
    Emperor - later died,
    Yu wang - some sort of king, first prince I think, he always send assassins to slay Bu Fang because Bu Fang can cook a miracle dish which could prolong the Emperor's life 
    Second prince - not really a regular since he's sometimes antagonistic with the MC, after the Xiao sister's healing, he made a deal with Bu Fang so the MC cooked another dish which could have been able to prolong the emperor's lifespan but on the way of delivering the dish, the servant bringing it was deterred by the other prince's assassins. Oh, by the way, he wants the emperor to have some favorable impression to him through the dish but failed.
    Xiao Meng - the father, a great general, he was at first the only known person who was in the seventh rank (cultivation), 
    Xiao Yue (not sure about the name) - first son of the Xiao clan, previously the empire's greatest genius but he did something horrible to his family (?) so they hated him
    Ouyang's three brothers 
    Grandpa Ouyang - I think he's also a military official, he dotes so much on the little missy

I only read past chapter 150, MTL by the way so I can't guarantee accuracy when it comes to names. 
    Does the Xiao sister come to have feelings for the MC after he saves her?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • edited April 2017
    @Akashura
    Akashura said:
    whosays25 said:

Ahm, the start was somehow similar to Gourmet Food Supplier. Someone will walk in his shop, will be shocked by the prices, will annoy the owner. Then when he proves his effective and delicious cooking, they will be his regular customer. Of course, when compared to GFS, I personally think this one is better because of the cultivation and the plot. 

Emperor - later died,
    Ouyang's three brothers 

Does the Xiao sister come to have feelings for the MC after he saves her?
    Hehe, hard to say. I think so. Actually, the whole Xiao family's matter was resolved partly because of Bu Fang. Their family's conflict was because the mother fell into coma. Xiao Yue provided some top tier ingredients (sixth grade or higher) which the MC cooked and enabled the mother to heal and wake up. Later, the mother baked a cake as thanksgiving to Bu Fang which Xiao sister delivered along with her own cooking. The mother's cake was praised, hers was judged harshly. Hahaha. But I think the Xiao sister has high favorable opinion towards the MC. She always visit the shop and also voted for the MC when he joined a Hundred Chef war something competition. Probably she likes him since she personally cooked for him. 
  • Interesting.  I got to 87 in the raws and I like the xianxia setting more.
  • I have read to the latest chapter in the raws. Any questions?
  • Anarthux said:
    I have read to the latest chapter in the raws. Any questions?
    Any romance?
  • edited August 2017
    None. He goes to a different continent so Xiao Yanyu and Ni Yan don't appear for at least 300 chapters. He gains two female chef apprentices in the new continent but no romance between them. He also gains powerful peerless female beauty who protects him like the dog who he calls Xiao You. I guess she is the closest to romance but nothing certain.
  • Is he back in the OG continent yet?
  • Is he back in the OG continent yet?
    Sorry, I made a mistake. He goes to the mainland of the Hidden Dragon Continent and no, he hasn't returned to the Light Wind Empire though he has met a few acquaintances from there again. The Light Wind Empire is in the rural areas of the Continent as everyone is weaker in the Empire. There are 10th rank beings and higher at the mainland. 
  • Oh cool thanks! Also how is his current level? Also did blacky stayed in the Light Wind Empire?
  • edited August 2017
    Oh cool thanks! Also how is his current level? Also did blacky stayed in the Light Wind Empire?
    10th stage God(Spiritual) 1st Soul Ladder
    Blacky went with him and protects him. He is still OP.
  • Haha. Thanks! Is the Shrimp still around? I find it to be quite adorable. Lol
  • Yes he is still around.
  • Is there any romance yet and is the mc strong?
  • There is no romance yet and although the MC is very strong compared to the Hidden Dragon Continent, there is always stronger. Much stronger than the MC.
  • 1. Awesome thanks do you believe in the future that there will be romance?

2. Is immortality possible in this novel where they can live forever and never die unless killed?
  • 1. There could be romance with Xiaoyou but there is nothing certain.
    2. I don't know if forever, but Blacky has lived for thousands of years. He is very ancient even compared to the OP characters introduced so far. I think only one character has been introduced so far who could potentially match Blacky in age and strength.
  • Thanks for answering that really needed to know!

1. So it should be possible since cultivation advancement should have a stopping point correct?
  • 1. A cultivation peak hasn't been introduced yet. There is always stronger.
  • 1. I think a cultivation peak would only be introduce once owner bu go to the nether prison... Is it nether prison? I forgot