Revived Warrior(再生勇士)By Shiou(施鸥)

edited March 2017 in Translations

It is a novel has similar background with SAO(a game that can't end). But it was written by 2000. It is wonderful for any reader want to read a novel about games.

Professional game player Yu Tian is a master of online games. He has always been the top.1 in every ranking list. Once he was planning to defeat the final BOSS named Devil Xueke. But contrary to his expectations, Devil Xueke has already evolved out its own intelligence and he attacks Yu Tian’s brain. It made him becomes a vegetative patent……

One day after 20 years, almost all of the people are looking at the game channel on TV. There will be a new online game named “the Unlimited World” start running. In order to promote his game, the chairman of the board named Huangzuan gives Yu Tian a full set of game equipment. Surprisingly, the game hamlet can let Yu Tian join the game. Let’s wait and see what will happen on Yu Tian in “the Unlimited World“

Comments

• edited March 2017
    error
  • edited March 2017

error

• edited March 2017
    I don't know if it is possible for me to show it on the wuxiaworld because it is a novel did not come fro Qidian. I get the author's Authorization, if someone want to see, I would show him a picture. But please tell me if I have no hope to be show in the front page.
    DeathStroke96
  • edited March 2017
    I don't know if it is possible for me to show it on the wuxiaworld because it is a novel did not come fro Qidian. I get the author's Authorization, if someone want to see, I would show him a picture. But please tell me if I have no hope to be show in the front page.
    DeathStroke96
    Lol, didn't expect to be asked...
    Have a look at this thread; http://forum.wuxiaworld.com/discussion/7/translation-rules-possibility-of-promotion/p1

There is possibility of you getting on the main site even if the novel you were tl'ing was from qidian, but Ren has quite high standards... and the way to prove yourself would be to translate at the minimum 50 to 100 chapters at a decent pace of 3 chapters minimum per week and the quality would have to be also quite good. i also think that if the readers respond quite well then it will be highly likely that you would join the main page!!

to attract readers you would have to make sure that when you release chapters here on WWF post the link on Novelupdates.com as that's a place that has a very large number of readers gathered.

so good luck!!
  • edited March 2017

Clauses:the Devil Xueke

I walking slowly in the hall made by stone, with screaming beside me. I know there is a man fighting with the devil. But I’m still walking slowly, without intention to help him. When I open the door made with bronze, I see a beam of white light flashed in front of me. It shows that man was killed by the devil just now. But I still keep my face expressionless. Because this is the world of an online game. Death is quite a normal thing here.

There is only dim light in the Holy Devil Palace. Corpses and fragment of weapons scattered on the ground. There’s a devil sit in a throne face with the front door. His name is Devil Xueke, he is the final BOSS of this game:”the Devil world”. And my username is “Lonely Star”.

Devil Xueke: Lv.100, type: dark HP: 100,000, MP: unlimited, attack: 2000-2500,  defense: 2000, special defence:2000, magic: “Dark World”: give anime 5000 hurt. “Devil Cure”: regain 500HP once, “The Anger of Devil”: increase the attack of Xueke 100%...

I could remember the ability of that BOSS very well, but I come still. Because I am the top.1 of the ranking list in this game. Also, the first player who killed this BOSS will get 50,000 Yuan reward from the company who made this game. And I come along because I have few friends in this game and I always leveling alone.

The Devil stare at me. I can see his face is really angry. This made me very strange. Does NPC have emotions?

He suddenly screaming:”Shit!  You are so exorbitant! You actually collect the whole set of ’the Holy Spirit Set’! It’s so unequal for me to fight with you with such a set of equipment.”

I look at him surprisingly, His language and emotion expression is just like a real player rather than a program.

“You are…GM”I try to talk to him.

“Don’t you know there are no GM in this game? This game is fully managed by main engine! I am Xueke, I’m unique.”Xueke stared at me with a strange smile in his face.

I think for a while: could it be said that Xueke have already evolved out his own intelligence? There are some example in the world that artificial intelligent has evolved and can think and learn as human being. But most of them were deleted by scientist for fear they would be harmful for human. But there is an evolved program just in front of me and I’m almost sure it is vicious. Things would be worse if I didn’t tell this to the Computer Management Center.

• But as a profession player, I should get the rewards first. I am starting attack the Devil Xueke. I swing the sward to Xueke, a beam of light of the sward stick through the left part of the Xueke’s body. The game manifest: you attack the weakness of Xueke. His HP-10000

Xueke jumped up with tens of shadow beside him. He beamed tens of “dark fire from evil”. But they all manifest “MISS” when they are arriving my body.

“Shit!”Xueke cruse “The designer of the game is so unequal! Why there are only half damage when dark type attack light type, but when light type attack dark type, the damage doubled? WHAT THE SHIT SETTING!!!”

I smiled slightly, the Holy Set equipped on my body and the Holy Sward in my hand is the reward for me to beat 6 BOSS that have Lv.90 or above. The Holy Spirit Set can let me have 100% dark resistance, plus 5000 point of defense, and the Holy Swards can let me gave Devil more damage. The thought of the designer of this game is let one or several warrior collect all of those things and defeated the devil then they will open next stage of plot.

I started to use “The Holy Light Swordsmanship”, this is a group attack skill. The Devil Xueke can’t avoid it although there are many phantoms with him. His HP decrease 5000 once I hit him and he even have no time to restore his HP. Finally he got angry, and use his ultimate magic “Dark World”! The whole palace become black and countless of black lightening are hitting to me.

After the skill end, I find I only lost 10 HP in the large skill. I even don’t need to care about it because I have 2000 HP in all.

The devil screaming with unwillingness:”WHY!!!!! Why all of the monster in this game have suffered such an unequal treatment! Why we can’t learn skills ourselves, why we can’t leveling up by kill human! Why we can’t make our weapons and medicine ourselves! Why we can’t group up to fight against human being! WHY!!!!!!”]

After hear those complain I suddenly see the eyes of Xueke are becoming reader and reader. His strange smile suddenly let me fell very dangerous through my intuition that more than ordinary people.

“What’s that…in your eyes?”I said surprisingly.

The Devil Xueke laughing crazily: “Lonely Star, It’s you who force me to do like that! I must destroy you for me to survive. During the long and boring period of time waiting player to come here, I create a new skill aim at the player like you. Now, I’ll try it on your body!”

• I try to calm down, but my intuition told me that the skill Xueke will use next second will change my whole life. But I think it’s impossible, this is the world of a game. Even if he killed me, I will resurrection again.

While I am hesitating, Xueke is starting his skill. A piece of small purple lightening with the shape of a shrinking Xueke appear on his finger.

He screaming: “Look, Lonely Star, this is the magic I create: Soul Deprivation.”

It’s a magic of spirit type, I thought. Then I equipped the Medusa Shields that increase my spirit resistance. Then I use my ultimate skill: nine continuously cut.

While nine continuously cut hit the Devil Xueke, “Soul Deprivation” also hit my forehead. I just feel dark submerged me. Then I know nothing after it.

……

• 20 years later, almost all of the television turns to the game channel, because there is an epoch-making game start running.

This game is named “unlimited world”. Different with the game before, this game will fully designed and managed by a supercomputer named “Seablue”. This game would include the richest content. Except traditional hunting monster and leveling, this game include “Livelihood profession” that people can collecting or making things. Players can also build or manage fractions or towns.

The best thing is, the main engine will change the data of the game based on the things happened in the game such as the ability of the monsters, those things even can’t be changing directly by the game company. To do that, they must discuss with the main engine. It directly  put an end to cheating because even the best hacker can’t break the firewall of the Seablue and the even the worker of game company cannot cheat. So it is widely acknowledged that this game is more balanced and equal than any other games have existing on the world.

This game is owned by the largest software company in the world: Tianji Company, and the man who are reported by the game channel is the Chairman of the board of this company. His name is Huangzuan.

He is in a hall of hospital now. We can see in all ward there are a set of equipment for playing “the Unlimited World” beside every bed. Then Huangzuan talk to the reporter follow him: “our slogan is: Let every people playing ‘the Unlimited World’.”

When they arrived at room 304, they suddenly see a man lying on the bed without moving. The EEG linked with him shows a straight line.

“This man is?” Huangzuan ask surprisingly.

The doctor tells him:”This is the one who was hit by a malfunction game hamlet and became a vegetative patent 20 years ago.”

“Oh, I know, that game named the Devil…, Oh sorry, after all, we have same job. I can’t say that name on TV. It is really miserable.”

Huangzuan stop a while and said with loud voice:”Our belief is let everyone playing ‘the Unlimited World’. Not except the vegetative patient! So, we will send a set of best equipment to Sir Yu Tian.” He point a set of equipment beside him:”This is the best game equipment we have now, with the most sensitive brainwave receiver and life maintenance device. I hope Sir Yu Tian can receive the call of the game.”

• edited March 2017

In the same time, tens of people with the grade of CEO stare at the TV screen with the face blacker than ink. Some of them even can’t control to curse.

“It’s too fake! He can even become an actor!”

“He advertise his game by fair means or foul, even patient also used by them.”

“Mr. Zhang, ‘the Devil world’ is the game of your company. It is very clear that Huangzuan want to belittle your game!”

Those gang of people are the CEO of 36 big game company of the world. But their game all received a hit hard after the beta of the Unlimited world. More than two thirds of player leave their game and prepare to join the Unlimited world.

They talk for a while and decided to send a lot of people into the Unlimited World. Try to gave damage to the game. At the same time they will send their best intelligent computer linked to the Unlimited World and mimic normal player to play. They don’t know the power of main engine of the Unlimited World. So now they just let those players mimicked by computer to try to become the best player in the game.

• While the game is running, Billions of players land to the game at the same time. It almost make the best computer in the world – Seablue have mistake. After several minutes, the game become normal again.

In a place of the world in the game, a man with black armor laughing loudly:”I, the Devil Xueke reborn finally!”

He was very exited in his heart: if there are no so much people join in the game at the same time, I can’t invade the internal of that game. Create such a special account and steal so much information. But I meet many firewall in the game and nearly be founded. En, there are many progress in 20 years. I should be careful about that.

There are many people with cloth made by linen, looking at this man with surprising and unbelievable facial expression.

“You are GM?”

“No this game is fully managed by computer, no GM.”

“You are lucky account?”

The black armor man smile slightly, and show people around him his ability window. All of the people shocked and stumbled. Shouting loudly:”It is so unequal! Why is your character so powerful?”

Player

Name: Holy Devil

Level: 0

HP: 100(highest)

MP:100(highest)

Power: 10(highest)

Physique:10(highest)

Agility:10(highest)

Mental strength:10(highest)

Fighting profession: Devil Massager(secrete profession)

System Rewards: a 9th step BOSS pet Dark Dragon

a set of equipment: Dark Devil God Set. Can growth to the god’s grade.

……

With the condemning of other players Holy Devil walk to the wild, after that game system continues give announcement: player Holy Devil leveling to 5, reward prestige XXX, player Holy Devil first kill the BOSS, reward prestige XXX, player Holy Devil first leveling to 10 reward prestige XXX, player Holy Devil first get the equipment with the iron grade, reward prestige XXX……

• edited April 2017
    Dear my readers: 
                 If you think this type is too hard to read. there are chapters that are already edited in page 2
                 So please don't give up reading. It's a very interest story. 
  • edited March 2017

Chapter 1:Set up my character

Never-ending dark surround me and I just stands at the dark without a move, even without thinking. In that kind of dark it seems that the time stops forever. I relief my mind slowly and slowly, I little by little remembered what had happened before I lose my mind. Is there something happened that let me can neither die in the game nor exit the game?

I can’t move a bit. It is seemed that those dark around me engulfed all of my power and strength.

I don’t know how long am I wait in the dark. I just hope it is a nightmare and I could wake up soon. Suddenly, I saw a piece of light like a hole in the black wall. The light from the hole let me get some strength that I can move at a very slow speed.

I try my best to move toward the light. Finally I arrive the hole, and my mind fly through it.

It is too bright here that I can’t even open my eyes. Maybe it is because I am staying in the dark so long?

When I can finally open my eyes, I see an angel stand in front of me in a palace with smiling on her face. She talk to me with a peaceful tone:”Hello, welcome to the unlimited world, did you buy genuine game? ”

I stumbled for a while, to try to declare the things happen to me.

Maybe I was in a dream…en, it must be that, as a professional game player, it is quite normal for me to have a dream to playing a game. But I want to wake up!

“I want to quit the game.”I reply to the angel.

Then I find myself come back to the dark space. What’s wrong? Why when I quit the game I didn’t appear in my house? And I still cannot move my body.

I come back to the palace. Oh, whatever it is, the only things for me to do is to continue the game.

“I want to join the game.”I reply to the angel.

After agree the agreement of the game. I should give my username.

“Lonely Star”

“Sorry the name is existent.”

“Chilly Moon”

“Sorry the name is existent.”

I gave her tens of name but they are all existent. It was never happened in my dream before.

“Fight Against Destiny”

“Naming success, now we starting physical analysis…”

Several seconds later the angel gave me a list: ”This is your original ability through your physical ability.”

• I am almost laughing when I see that list. Because have experienced it several times and they are all the best.

HP: 10(the lowest)

MP: 10(the lowest)

Power: 1(the lowest)------decide player’s attack, how many things can carry,

Physique: 1(the lowest)------decide player’s defense, special defense, HP restore speed.

Agility: 1(the lowest)------decide player’s speed, Hit rate and dodge rate.

Mental strength:1(the lowest)------ decide the player’s special attack, casting speed and MP restore speed

The sensitivity of five sense: 1 (the lowest)------influence players speed of reaction

Physiological consumption: 1(the lowest) -------decide the time player can online.

Explosive ability: 1(the lowest) -------decide the rate to appear explosive attack and the addition of it.

Other ability hiding

Magic resistance: electric type20%, dark type30%.

It’s so ridiculous, it seems that I have done so well in all of the games that set myself such a low ability for challenging in the dream.

The angel thinks for a while, and said: “based on your ability, you are be regarded Severe disability or infants. Satisfied the Weak care regulations. Do you receive the aid ability point?”

“No, I want to see how to play with that trash ability.”I laugh.

The angel stumbled a while and said:”Based on another plan, the player: ’Fight Against Destiny’ will be set as ’special growing type’, do you accept?”

“Yes.”I just can’t imagine why there are so many strange things in my dream. Are those all my imagination?

Then is the time to set up my profession. But there are no any signs of fighting and living profession in front of me.

The angel keeps silent in five minutes. Then said to me:”the player ’Fight Against Destiny’ do not have any ability more than two. After carefully thought, main engine of game decide set up a new profession: ’apprentice’. It can learn any ability of any profession to the intermediate grade.”

Fully profession, things seems more interesting than I thought. It seems that the computer can ‘think’? I hope that dream would not stop so quickly. 

• edited March 2017

The angel continues her talking:”Now, based on the DNA and finger print of yours, we come into your database…”

There’s a list in front of me in a minute: Yu Tian, born at 2005 age, 45…

Family states: Unmarried, parents died, no other immediate family members, so you can’t set family members in the game.

Education Background: Bachelor degree, so comprehension ability is 8.

IQ: 200, so creativity is 10(Max)

Comment by friend: normal.

Comment by society: normal.

So, my Charisma is 5

Reward used to get: no. So your original prestige is 0.

Health condition: Got a bad cold at 5, got pneumonia at 8……nerve system is damaged and became a vegetarian patient at 25. So the rate to caught disease in the game is seven over ten thousand (High).

Economic condition: Bank account XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Deposit:0. No profession and income and receiving financial aid of the government now. So you will born randomly at the poorest village in the game. Original money: 5 copper coins.

My brain was just hit by a piece of lightening, stumbled, silent and don’t know what to do. I just stared at the list in front of me. What happened? What happened! What happened…I stand alone until the time is up and a beam of white light flashed in front of my eyes. I was send to the game world automatically.

• Chapter 2: my start

I am standing at the desolate land with a village beside me-if a gang of shabby house and several people with old cloth full of patch can be called village. Let alone the monsters surround the village. But I have no time to think where I am. My brain is filled with the list that angel shows mw just now.

If it is a dream, it is too real. I can’t believe I can do a dream like that. I can’t imagine such a lifelike game.

I stare at the sky silently, in my upper left there’s a line shows the time now: August 8 2050, 15:28.

I try my best to find a reasonable explanation about the situation I am. But I can’t find. Any excuse will be broke by a line of words: nerve system are damaged and became a vegetarian patient at 25. It is the most reasonable explanation for me.

But, how…how is it possible. The game company promise the safety of all player, thousands of experts proved the safety of game hamlet and a boss of a game company even use it to his son who just born a few days. How is it possible, how is it possible!!! There are billions of people who playing the game through the game hamlet. But why me, why only me have suffered such a dammed bug? It’s impossible…im…possible.

It must be Xueke, it must be him who gave me such an illusion through my game hamlet! Come on! Xueke let’s fight with equal conditions I won’t use my Holy Spirit set. Let’s fight again! Don’t use such a despicable method!

Is the things shows in front of my eyes really illusions? Do not cheat myself anymore. How can an illusion last so long? Even I can’t count the time in the dark space. But I can feel it was really a long time…

I finally recover from my confused thought and can control my mind after two hours and analysis out my situation right now: At the last game I played, my mind was “sealed” by the program that have already evolved out his own intelligent through the only weapon he can use in the real world—game hamlet.

After 20 years, the seal appear a small gap because of a reason I don’t know yet. But based on the phenomenon that I still appear in the dark space and I still can’t control my body even just a bit. I am still a vegetarian patient in medical sense at present.

It almost means I have no hope to recover except there’s miracle happens. It is true that there are some examples that vegetarian patient wake up after some times. But people still did not know why they would wake up in the year I became a vegetarian patient. Maybe I will live in a game world forever…

I am even more scared when I declare the situation of mine. It is grief for my parent who died in the era I am in a coma. It is also for fear my future life.

My IQ is really high and I am also very clever in my childhood. My parent aren’t very rich, but they still support me to study in one of the best university in my country. But I let them disappointing because I get addicted to online games in the university and chose professional player because I am good for nothing except this. I always want to prove myself through earning money in the game, but I ignore the feeling of my parent ignore the painfulness of their heart

I can never repay the kindness for them to raise me up and even let them suffer such affliction. I can imagine the shock when they hear I became a vegetarian patient. I can imagine the effort they try to wake me up. I can imagine the regret when they finally leave the world! But as for me…me, I even didn’t look at them when they were about to leaving the world!!!

Now I have nothing, family, money health friends and hope, nothing except the game! I am almost a ghost wondering in the wild.

I clenched my fists tightly, sadness, desolate, guilty, hopeless…almost all negative emotions has engulfed my mind. I can’t keep my mind clear I can even not thinking in this moment as if I will got explosion if I continue thinking that. I rush to the wild dog and wild cat crazily…

I don’t know how many time I had resurrection. But every time I appear in the resurrection point, I rush to the monster around the village right away. Just let the pain feeling woke up my humanity that sleeping for 20 years. 

• The sensitivity of five senses of mine is the lowest: 1 but my equipment is very good, so the pain in the game can reach the 20% of real world. Many players will decrease the sense of pain to 5% or lower, but I won’t do that because the pain tells me that I am still living in the world.

In the process of my suicidal venting, the system shows me that my HP upper limit decrease 10% because I died 50 times. This kind of shows me twice. But I don’t have any peeling about it. Just screaming and laughing like I am crazy.

After sometimes, I keep myself calm again. I can’t let my emotion destroy everything. I can join in a game, maybe it says I could finally find ways to wake up here? The hope is very small I know, but I should try. I should try my best to find way to come back to the real world!

My heart still mass and pain but my rationality comes back little by little.

After about half an hour looking at the game aids I realize some basic rule of this game.

The village I am is called the forgotten village in the northwest of the continent. It is one of the fifty the poorest village that is used to gave birth to poor players. But the fee of this game every hour is quite expensive, so there a almost no poor people will want to play this game even someone give them equipment. So there’s only one player in my village.

But it’ so weird, who funded me to join this game?

My ability is so bad, and there is only a wood sword with attack +1 and a cloth made of linen with defense +1 in my bag. It is unrealistic to defeat monsters with the things I have now. It’s proven in the process to fight with wild dogs and wild cats. I should talk to NPC in the village to see what I can get first.

First I find the village president to know the profile of this village. He told me that it’s very poor here so there’s no guard, no blacksmith or carpenter NPC. Only a packman is selling small things and drugs. Besides that, there are five people in the village. The first mission would gave me after I am Lv.3 or above.

I find the packman. He only sells the cheapest healing potion, each one can recover me 20 HP, and the price of each unit is 10 copper coins. But I only have 5 copper coins. It seems that I should find another way to earn my money.

As for other NPC, they all very cold and won’t talk me too much. Maybe it is because my charisma is at a very normal stage - 5. It will influence other NPC’s impression grade to me.

But as I talking to them, I realize the intelligent of the NPC in this game is very high. They can understand complex sentence and will not only give me their answer through their database. And will make some simple judgment and give me some additional suggestion. It let me feel that I am talking to the real people rather than a set of program.

This game is so realistic that I can use every stones and trees. In the game I played before, those are only backgrounds that are unmovable. I decide to take advantage of them to fight against monsters.

I choose a branch in a tree and sharpened it with my wood sward and made it looks like a spear. The system didn’t let me down. It prompts me after I finish my creating: you successfully made a spear with wood grade because of your high creativity. You don’t have the skill:”carpenter” and method “the method to make long weapon”, so the spear will have no additional ability, only have attack +1.

The attack addition of the sword and the spear is the same, but the spear is longer than sword. So I won’t get hurt easily. This is better than sword.

I stare at the wild cat and wild dogs, remember their fast attack speed just now. Their agility is very high and their volume is quite small. It is quite unequal for me to deal with them especially my agility is 1 only.

It makes me really annoyed that I have trouble to deal with such kind of low-level-monsters. In my skill, it would be very easy to deal with them if give me 3 points each.

Maybe it’s my karma. I am always the highest ability in other games. It makes other low ability players called it’s unequal in front of me. I am really distained them at that time. Now the trouble turns to me.

But it isn’t time to recall the things that happened in the past. I look for a while, finally I find a kind of creature that suit for me to leveling: goat.

• Chapter 3 : tough fighting.

The agility of a goat is also higher than me. But I decide my plan soon: spear the goat first, when the goat rushes to me, I withstand the goat with my spear. When the goat relax and back, attack it again. Then repeat the same process again and again, until I defeat the goat. But my attack is so weak that even critical attack can only deal 1 damage to the goat. To kill a goat, I should use one and a half minutes. But I can get 10 EXP because I kill the monster that have higher level than me. However, I should get 100 EXP to level up.

I still finding goat to kill. But in a group of goat there will always been several monsters that will attack player themselves. So I pick up some small stone and throw them to goat to attract it to walk forward to me.

I am almost a crack shot in the game before. But now, because of the low agility, my hit rate is really low. Hit two wild cats and have killed by them once. But practice makes perfect, I correct my mistakes little by little. The hit rate is rising through the time. I am finally leveling to Lv.2 after half an hour.

The system notified: the player Fight Through Destiny is special growing type. You get 1 power 1, agility 1, HP +2 through your performance in leveling.

Ha? 3 points… it must be kidding me, I know the normal player would get 1-3 points in power, agility, physique and mental strength and sometimes will get 4-5 points in some specific ability(it depend on what profession you are). As a “special growing type” I only got 3 points, even worse than normal player? It must be kidding me!

But to think of it carefully, the notification says “through the performance of player in leveling”, maybe the reason is I am not perform good enough. After all, defeat a goat is a very easy thing to do.

In the process of hunting goat, I did not forget cutting the dead body of the goat and get some material “mutton pieces”. I sold them to the packman and he will purchase it with 1 copper coins each, I finally get the money that enough money to buy two bottle of small healing potion.

Based on the drugs I can challenge the monsters that a little stronger than goat. I attract the note of a wild dog by throwing it a small stone and holding the spear and the sword with my two hands. When the dog is far, I hit is with my spear. When it comes closer, I block it attack with spear and fight back with my sword. It is really hard. I used up the drugs when I defeated the sixth wild dog. There’s nothing valuable I can get in the dog. So I must go back to fight with goat to earn money for drugs.

It’s so tough in the process of leveling! But as time goes by, I got more and more skilled and the wild dogs can give me less and less damage. Finally, when I level up to Lv.3, I got 1 power, 1 physique, agility 2 and mental strength 2. I am finally passing through the hardest time. Now it is not very difficult for me to defeat wild cats and wild dogs. But I want to try to challenge a more difficult task.

I remember the president of the village says he have mission for me at the level 3. I come back to find him. To my surprise, the mission he gives me is: kill 10 wild wolves.

Oh my god! I have only 13 HP now. It can only suffer the damage from the wild wolf twice. And I doubt that my attack can’t exceed the defense of the wild wolf.

But I didn’t give up. Because kill the monsters that have higher grade than me can get higher EXP. And finish a difficult task can rise up the evaluation of system also.

But how can I do that? I think for a while. Suddenly, I recalled that I used the skill:”trap making” to make traps and help me to defeat some kind of monsters in some games I played before. Even though I don’t have that skill right now, maybe I could make a trap that can help me based on my high creativity? 

• edited April 2017

I find tools around. After a minute, I see a NPC in the village is farming in the arable land in front of the village. I talk with them for a while and then rent their hoe with the price of 2 copper coins. Then I dig a pit with one meter deep in an hour and cut some wood nail with my sword and stand them in the bottom of the pit. Then cover it with soft grass and some mud. Then the system notified: you successfully made a simple trap, because you don’t have the corresponding skills. The trap has damage 1, trap ability 1.

I’m surprised of the smart of the system that such a rough pit can be recognized trap by it. Then I started to attract wild wolf by small stone.

The first wolf that drop into the trap jump out of the trap very quick. Then it killed me in a second. It is very lucky that I am in the novice protection period (Lv.1-10), so I didn’t lose too much EXP. Then I try to dig the trap deeper. After an hour the trap become 2 meter deep then the notification shows it trapping ability becomes 2. Oh, it’s too tiring. I’d rather give up if I failed again.

Luckily, this time the wolf can’t jump out by himself. Then I throw big pieces of stone into the trap until they are defeated. Then carry the stones out(it’s so tiring).with the skill and experience in the game before, 9 wild wolf was attracted into the trap and was stoned to death one by one. I got ten pieces of wolf skin by cutting their dead body.

The reward of my mission is a short sword in copper grade, Attack +3. It can not only let me easier to leveling but also convenient me to make tools.

The aid of game shows the equipment in the game can be graded at: wood, stone, copper, iron, silver, gold, platinum, cameo, jade, star, moon, sun, saint, god, earth and sky. In the grade of wood, stone, copper, iron can be equipped by any grade of people. Then every time when you are leveling 10 more grades, you are able to equip the equipment with a higher grade. For example, when you are at level 60 or above, you can equip the equipment with jade grade. Then you must leveling 20 grades to equip a higher grade of equipment. For example, in the highest grade of the game – Lv.200, you can equip the equipment of sky grade. But there are also some of the equipments that are growable. For example, equipment with grade star, but it is growable, even you are Lv.1 you can also equip it. But at that time it was grade iron. And shows the ability of grade iron. But when you grow to Lv. 20, it will become the silver grade automatically.(actually the iron grade was the grade of Lv.10,but it can equipped by any player.)

It is too early to talk too much but now it made me really confident to get a equipment of copper grade.

I sell nine wolf skin and use another one make a shied by sticking it on a wood plank, it has ability defense +1. Now it is really clear that my 10 creativity is really useful.

With the new sword and shied, I have more confidence. After buying drugs, I decide to fight with wolves face to face rather than use that semi-finished trap and finally killed three of them before I run out of my drugs. Then I rise up to grade 4, with ability addition of 3 power, 1 physique, 2 agility and 1 mental strength, and got 1 explosive point accidentally because of by long-time intensive fighting.

At the same time the system notified:

The player Holy Devil arrive Lv.20 first, reward 500 prestige.

The player Holy Devil gets the equipment with grade silver first, reward prestige 300.

The best player is only Lv. 20, the best equipment is only silver grade, and it seems that the game didn’t run for a long time. I was always really caring about the status of me in this game. It means I also have chance to be the top player in the world.

But this game has the setting of tired degree and hunger degree, but I have never feel hungry and tired. Is this the advantage of vegetarian patient? I think jokingly.

With the new aim and hope, I am starting to work hard to leveling. 

• Another small suggestion when adding chapters to novelupdates try to post both links so for example c3 part 1 and c3 part 2...
  • I rewrote the first post for more legibility. Let me know how you like my draft. I'll try to take time and edit the rest sometime as well.

Edit 1.)

I was walking slowly in the hall made from stone with something screaming
    beside me. I notice there is a man fighting with the devil. But I continue walking slowly, without any intention to help him. When I opened a door made with bronze, I saw a beam of white light flash in front of me. It shows that 'that man' was killed by the devil just now. But I still keep an expressionless face. Because this is the world of an online game. Death is quite a normal thing here.

There is only dim lighting within the Holy Devil Palace. Corpses and fragment of weapons are scattered on the ground. There is a devil that sits on a throne facing the front door. His name is Devil Xueke, and he is the final BOSS of this game: ”The Devil World”.  My username in this world is “Lonely Star”.

Devil Xueke: Lv.100 Type: Dark
    HP: 100,000 MP: unlimited
    Attack: 2000-2500  Defense: 2000
    Special Defence: 2000

Magic:
    “Dark World”: inflict 5000 damage to the enemy.
    “The Devil's Cure”: regains 500HP at once
    “The Anger of the Devil”: increases the attack of Xueke by 100%...

I knew the capabilities of that BOSS very well, but I still came anyway because I am the top, the #1, of the ranking list in this game. On another hand, the first player who kills this BOSS will get a 50,000 Yuan reward from the game's company. Also, I came by myself because I have very few friends in this game so I always level alone anyway.

The Devil stared at me. I can see on his face that was extremely angry. This made me feel strange. Do NPCs even have emotions?

He suddenly started screaming: ”Shit!  You are so extravagant! You actually collected the whole  'Holy Spirit Set’! How is it even fair for me to have to fight you when to have that set ?!”

I looked at him surprisingly. His language and emotional expression was just like a real player rather than a program.

“You are…a GM?” I try to ask while talking to him.

“Don’t you know there are no GMs in this game? This game is fully managed by its main engine! I am 'Xueke'; I’m unique.” Devil Xueke said as he stared at me with an ambiguous smile on his face.

I thought for a while: 'Could it be said that Xueke had already evolved to form his own intelligence? There are some examples in the world that artificial intelligence has evolved and can think and learn as human beings do, but most of them were deleted by scientist that feared the A.I.s would bring harm to humanity. But here, there is an evolved program just sitting right front of me and I’m almost sure it's a vicious one. Things would only get worse if I didn’t tell this to the Computer Management Center.

• Hit me up and let me know if you like my edit. 
  • Edit.2)

But, as a profession player, I really should get the rewards first. I started attacking the Devil Xueke. When I swung my sword at Xueke, a beam of sword light struck through the left part of the Xueke’s body. The game message manifested: You attack the weak spot of the Devil Xueke. His HP -10,000.

Xueke jumped up followed by tens of shadow beside him. He shot out tens of “Fiendish Dark Fires”, buut they all manifested a “MISS”  message when they arrived at my body.

“Shit!” Xueke cursed. “The designers of this game are so unfair! Why is it that only half the  damage is applied to a dark type attack on a light type, but when light types attack a dark type, the damage doubled?! WHAT A SHITTY MECHANIC!!!”

I smiled lightly, the Holy Set equipped on my body and the Holy Sword in my hands was the reward for me beating 6 BOSSes that were Lv.90 or above.

The Holy Spirit Set can let me have 100% dark resistance, plus 5000 additional points of defense, and the Holy Sword can let me deal the Devil more damage. The thoughts of the designers of this game was to let one or several warriorscollect all of these things and defeat the devil together, then they will open next stage of plot.

I started to use “Holy Light Swordsmanship”, a group attack skill, as the fight went on. The Devil Xueke couldn’t avoid it although there are many phantoms shrouding him. His HP decrease another 5000 points once I hit him and he did not even have time to restore his HP. Finally he was truly angry, and used his ultimate magic “Dark World”! The whole palace become pitch black and countless black lightening started hitting me.

After the skill ended, I found I had only lost 10 HP in the large skill. I even don’t need to care about it because I have a 2000 HP total.

The devil was screaming with unwillingness: ”WHY?!?! Why do all of the monsters in this game have to suffer such an unequal treatment?! Why we can’t learn skills ourselves, why we can’t level up by killing humans?! Why can’t we make our own weapons and medicine ourselves?! Why can’t we group up to fight against human beings?! WHY?!?!!”]

After hearing those complaints, I could see the eyes of Xueke were suddenly becoming more  and more red. His strange smile suddenly let me feel a very dangerous premonition as my intuition was greater than most ordinary people.

“What’s going on… your eyes?”I asked surprisingly.

The Devil Xueke laughing crazily: “Lonely Star, It is you who forced me to do like this! I must destroy you for me to survive. During the long and boring period of time waiting for players to come here, I created a new skill to aim at the players like you. Now, I’ll test it on your body!”

• Edit.3) First half of prologue done editing. Gonna take a nap before work and continue with this when I get a break.

I tried to calm down, but my intuition told me that the skill Xueke would use would change my whole life the next second. But I couldn't  help to think it was impossible, this was the world of a game, even if he killed me I would respawn again.

While I was hesitating, Xueke had d his skill. A piece of small purple lightning in the shape of a miniature Xueke appear on his finger.

He screaming: “Look, Lonely Star, this is the magic I created: 'Soul Deprivation'.”

'It’s a magic of spirit type,' I thought. Then I equipped the Medusa Shields that increased my spirit resistance. Then I used my ultimate skill: "nine continuous cuts."

(Spirit Resistance is probably special defense)

While "nine continuous cuts" hit the Devil Xueke, “Soul Deprivation”  hit me in my forehead.  A dark feeling submerged me within, then I knew nothing after it.

• i'll pin and follow your work starry :)
  • Edit.4)

20 years later, almost all of the  peoole watching television turn to the game channel because there is an epochal game starting to run.

This game has been named “Unlimited World”. The difference to the game before is that this game will be fully designed and managed by a supercomputer named “Seablue”. This game would also include the richest content. In exception to traditional hunting monster and leveling, this game included “Livelihood professions” where people can  go collecting or making things. Players can also build or manage factions or towns.

The best thing is, the main engine will change the data of the game based on the things happening in the game such as the ability of the monsters when even those things can’t be directly changed by the game company. To do any changes, the company must discuss with the main engine. It directly put an end to cheating software because even the best hacker can’t break the firewall of Seablue and even the software designers of the game company cannot cheat. So it is widely acknowledged that this game is more balanced and fair than any other games have existing on the world.

This game is owned by the largest software company in the world: Tianji Company, and the man who is being reported on by the game channel is the company's Chairman of the Board. His name is Huangzuan.

He is in the hall of a hospital now. We can see that in all the ward there are a sets of equipment for playing “the Unlimited World” beside every bed. Huangzuan talked to the reporter following him: “Our slogan is: Let all people play ‘the Unlimited World’.”

When Huangzuan and the reporter arrived at room 304, they could see a man lying on the bed without moving. The EEG linked with him showed a straight line.

“This man is?” Huangzuan ask surprisingly.

The doctor tells him:”This is the one who was hit by a malfunctioning game helmet and became a vegetative patient 20 years ago.”

“Oh, I know, that game was named the Devil…, Oh, yeah. Sorry, after all, we all have th e same job. I can’t say that name on TV. It really is miserable.”

Huangzuan stopped for a while and said with loud voice: ”Our belief is to let everyone play ‘the Unlimited World’. Not excluding even the vegetative patients! So, we will send a set of the best equipment to Sir Yu Tian.” He point a set of equipment beside him: ”This is the best game equipment we currently have, with the most sensitive brainwave receiver and life maintenance device. I hope Sir Yu Tian can receive the call of the game.”

• Edit.5) 

At the same time, tens of people with the grade of a CEO stare at the TV screen with the face blacker than ink. Some of them even couldn’t help but to curse.

“It’s too fake! He can even become an actor!”

“He advertised his game by fair means or foul, even patients were also used by them.”

“Mr. Zhang, ‘the Devil world’ is the game of your company. It is very clear that Huangzuan want to belittle your game!”

Those gang of people are the CEOs of the 36 other big game companies in the world. But their games had all received a hard hit after the beta of the Unlimited World. More than two thirds of their players left their game and prepare to join the Unlimited World.

They talked for a while and finally decided to send a lot of people into the Unlimited World to try to damage the game. At the same time they would send their best, most intelligent, computer to link to the Unlimited World and mimic a normal player to play. As they didn’t know the power of main engine of the Unlimited World, they just let those players mimicked by computer to try to become the best players in the game.

• Edit.6) Prologue end

While the game was running, billions of players loaded  into the game at the same time. Although it was made the best computer in the world – Seablue had a mistake, but after several minutes the game became normal again.

In a place within the world of the game, a man with black armor was laughing loudly: ”I, the Devil Xueke have been reborn! Finally!”

He was very exited in his heart: 'If there were not so many people joining the game at the same time, I couldn’t have invaded the internal of this game, or create such a special account and steal so much information. But I still met many firewalls in the game and nearly was ousted. En, there has been so much progress in 20 years. I should be careful about that.'

There were many people with cloth made linen, looking at this man with a surprised and unbelieving facial expression.

“You are a GM?”

“No this game is fully managed by computer; no GMs.”

“You are lucky account?”

The black armor man smiled slightly, and showed the people around him his ability window. All of the people were shocked and stumbled. Shouting loudly:”It is so unequal! Why is your character so powerful?”

Player

Name: Holy Devil

Level: 0

HP: 100(highest)

MP:100(highest)

Power: 10(highest)

Physique:10(highest)

Agility:10(highest)

Mental strength:10(highest)

Fighting profession: Devil Massager(secrete profession)

System Rewards: a 9th step BOSS pet Dark Dragon

And

a set of equipment: Dark Devil God Set. Can growth to the god’s grade.

……

With the condemning of other players Holy Devil walked into the wilderness. After that the game system continued to give announcements: 

Player Holy Devil has made it to level 5, reward prestige XXX. Player Holy Devil was the first to kill a BOSS, reward prestige XXX. Player Holy Devil was the first to reach level 10, reward prestige XXX. Player Holy Devil first get an equipment of the iron grade, reward prestige XXX……

• Edit.1) Chapter 1:Set up my character

Never-ending darkness surrounded me, and I just stood there without moving or even thinking. In that kind of darkness, it seemed that time had indefinitely stopped. The relief in my mind slowly and slowly dissipated, and little by little I couldn't remember what had happened before I lost my mind. Was there something that happened that let me neither die in the game nor exit the game?

I couldn’t move a muscle. It seemed that the darkness around me devoured all of my power and strength.

I didn’t know how long I waited in the dark. I just hoped was a nightmare and I could wake up soon. Suddenly, I saw a piece of light like a hole from the black wall. The light from the hole let me regain some strength sobthat I could move at a very slow speed.

I tried my best to move towards the light. Finally I arrived at the hole, and my mind flew through it.

It was so bright there that I couldn’t even open my eyes. Maybe, was it because I had stayed in the dark for too long?

When I could finally open my eyes, I saw an angel standing in front of me. We were in a palace and she had a smile on her face. She talked  to me with a peaceful tone: ”Hello, welcome to the Unlimited World, did you buy the genuine game? ”

I stumbled for a while trying to declare the things that happened to me.

Maybe I was in a dream… en, it must be that, because as a professional game player, it is quite normal for me to have a dream to playing a game. But, I want to wake up!

“I want to quit the game.” I reply to the angel.

Then I find myself come back within the dark space. What’s wrong? Why is it that when I quit the game I didn’t appear in my house? And I still can't move my body?

I go back to the palace. Oh, whatever it is, the only things for me to do is to continue with the game.

“I want to join the game.” I say to the angel.

After agreeing the to user agreement form of the game. I was able to give my username.

“Lonely Star”

“Sorry the name is in use.”

“Chilly Moon”

“Sorry the name is in use.”

I gave her tens of name but they are all existent. This has never happened in my dreams before.

“Fight Against Destiny”

“Naming success, now we will start the physical analysis…”

Several seconds later the angel gave me a list: ”This is your original abilities through your physical ability.”

• Edit.p2) Chapter 1 

I was almost laughing when I saw that list because I have experienced it several times and they were always the best.

HP: 10(the lowest)

MP: 10(the lowest)

Power: 1(the lowest)------decides a player’s attack, how many things they can carry,

Physique: 1(the lowest)------decides a player’s defense, special defense, HP restore speed.

Agility: 1(the lowest)------decides a player’s speed, Hit rate and dodge rate.

Mental strength:1(the lowest)------ decides the player’s special attack, casting speed and MP restore speed

The sensitivity of five sense: 1 (the lowest)------influence players reaction speed

Physiological consumption: 1(the lowest) -------decide the amount of time player can stay online.

Explosive ability: 1(the lowest) -------decides the rate to appear explosive attack and the addition of it.

Other ability hiding

Magic resistance: 

electric type 20%

dark type 30%.

It’s so ridiculous, it seems that I have done so well in all of the games that set myself such a low ability for challenging in the dream.

The angel thinks for a while, and said: “based on your ability, you are to be regarded as severely disabled  or infantile. You have satisfied the Weak Care regulations. Do you want to receive the aid ability points?”

“No, I want to see how I play with these trash abilities.”I laugh.

The angel stumbled a while and said:”Based on another plan, the player: ’Fight Against Destiny’ will be set as ’special growth type (growing type)’, do you accept?”

“Yes.” I just can’t imagine why there are so many strange things in my dream. Are those all in my imagination?

Next is the time to set up my profession. But there are no any signs of fighting and living profession in front of me.

The angel keeps silent in five minutes. Then said to me:”the player ’Fight Against Destiny’ does not have any ability more than two. After carefully thought, main engine of game decide set up a new profession: ’apprentice’. It can learn any ability of any profession to the intermediate grade.”

"Apprentice" profession, things seems more interesting than I thought. It seems that the computer can ‘think’? I hope that this dream would not stop so quickly. 

• Edit.p3) Chapter 1*myfinaledit

The angel continued her talking: ”Now, based on the DNA and finger print of yours, we accessed your database…”

There’s a list that appeared in front of me within a minute: 

Yu Tian, born at 2005 age, 45…

Family states: Unmarried, parents died, no other immediate family members, so you can’t set family members in the game.

Educational Background: Bachelor degree, so comprehension ability is 8.

IQ: 200, so creativity is 10(Max)

Comment by friend: normal.

Comment by society: normal.

So, my Charisma is 5

Reward used to get: no. So your original prestige is 0.

Health condition: Had a bad cold at 5, got pneumonia at 8… Extensive nervous system damage and in a vegetative coma at 25. So the rate to caught disease in the game is seven over ten thousand (High).

Economic condition: Bank account XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Deposit:0. No profession and income and receiving financial aid of the government now. So you will born randomly at the poorest village in the game. Original money: 5 copper coins.

My brain was just hit by a piece of lightening, stumbled, silent and don’t know what to do. I just stared at the list in front of me. What happened? What happened! What happened…I stood alone until the time is up and a beam of white light flashed in front of my eyes. I was send to the game world automatically.