Novel Situation: You are transported into a new world. What's your cheat ability?

13»

Comments

• Time manipulation. Rewind foward stopping etc. It also includes healing it's a jack of all time.
  • edited April 2018
    Hex editor. Well come on, its a cheat ability, so what can be more of a cheat than using hex editors like Cheat engine?

Basically for those who don't know how hex editor's work, you can alter the stats of characters if you know which spot corresponds to which stat. Its usually done by scanning for a change in the values. For example if my character has a strength of 10, I search for 10, then I gain a level and put 2 points in strength. I then search again for 12, and cheat engine will notice the number of stats which changed in value from 10 to 12. Do this enough times I can isolate which stat represents strength and then adjust it to say 99.

So in this strange new world (lets face it, Xianxia cultivation and the heroes journey of the MC smacks like RPG games where the hero gains levels etc) I am initially weak, but after gaining a level of two I can slowly hack my stats.

That's not the only thing you can hack with cheat engine - you could hack the HP of a barrier down to zero (did it in Divinity  original sin), hack the number of items (useful for scrolls that are once use only), and sometimes you can make potions last forever (by hacking the timer of when it fades out back to a high number).
  • My cheat ability would be GOD/highest level comprehension that way I can comprehend any concept 
  • if in modern time. a karmic road god. as in able to dispense karmic smitage to annoying drivers. they cut you off and poof they are slipped into a traffic jam for 3 hours. they are courteous and poof they get all greens. you get the picture.

but for real. the ability to either be able to find ANYTHING or the ability to know every language on the planet or know any technoligy as in how it does what it does. sounds dumb BUT finding anything you can find anything. secrets, knowledge resources a way out of any given situation. knowing every language means you understand and can talk and maybe able to read ancient martial arts manuals and such and knowledge or technology much the same as the knowing language say aliens landed here by default you should know all their languages and tech then aswell.
  • Character creation screen. 
    An ability to make any character i can think off and keep them in a character creation screen (infinite slots). 
    So, I can play around and not get bored. I would use one character per age.
    When I die, I will spawn at a safe location. (thought it will be a pain to level them all up). 
  • edited May 2018
    i would, of course, go with tyromancy, the skill to read the past, present and future through cheese (http://www.occultopedia.com/t/tyromancy.htm) somehow like that, only that it has to work, and i won't be affected by the disgusting smell of some cheeses, like harzer rolle and stuff... also i have to be able to read stuff out of every cheese possible in every form what so ever, be it whole cheese wheels, slices, fondue, half melted mc donalds pseudo cheese, a pizza whatever^^

Edit:
    holy f***, that was some heavy necro posting there Oo i really should look at dates more in forums...
  • i would, of course, go with tyromancy, the skill to read the past, present and future through cheese (http://www.occultopedia.com/t/tyromancy.htm) somehow like that, only that it has to work, and i won't be affected by the disgusting smell of some cheeses, like harzer rolle and stuff... also i have to be able to read stuff out of every cheese possible in every form what so ever, be it whole cheese wheels, slices, fondue, half melted mc donalds pseudo cheese, a pizza whatever^^

Edit:
    holy f***, that was some heavy necro posting there Oo i really should look at dates more in forums...
    Worry not it's a topic for anytime.
  • The ability to see into the future. Has anyone here read Benedict Jacka's Alex Verus Series? You could see danger approaching before it happens. If you are in a fight you can see what your opponent is going to do before he/she attacks. You can see into where opportunities might be b/c you'd be able to see all the different futures where you were searching a certain area for a special treasure/special person/item (or if you can't win a fight you can see all the potential ways you could escape).

Assuming you could use that ability with a cultivation technique to get stronger, it would be crazy OP.
  • PLOT ARMOR , yes you heard me , I want plot armor as my cheat . Before absolute Plot armor, Dao heart or invincible cultivation is useless 
  • Absolute Control, the ability to control literally anything and everything.
  • The power of IMAGINATION!! 
     I am not the messiah who will save the useless. Go look for him elsewhere. 
    Bae Doochi
  • Flight.invisibility.teleportation
    And to eat anything and not getting fat :|
  • edited January 21
    Ability to create characters:
    This is in a sense: creating non-player characters and playable-characters which you can possess and will possess if you died.
    This also includes: choosing character's race, stats, skills, personality or preferences, age - body: child/teenage/adult/etc. (only during creation)

With this i can create a hero instead of becoming one :smile:
    PS: possible to pass on this ability as a skill to your characters, so you can create a second body that's overpowered.
    PSS: The idea came from this discussion, giving the idea of creating characters with cheat abilities.
  • The Cheat to Craft anything that I wanted,and then I will be Overgeared hahahahahhaha
  • so 2 answers.  

1) if i could have anything, i  would want to be all powerful like a god.  think the one above all from marvel

2) if i had to start off weak and had a cheat to get stronger then I would want the library of heavens path. 
  • Tbh I would probably have either : masterd all arts so I could defeat an angel, and then sleep on a cloud with an active spell for me to absorb magic and knowledge. Orrr I would draw and it would come to life