Martial Soul: Forge Geist

Martial Soul: Forge Geist

System: Support System

Description: The origins of the Forge Geist vary from place to place. To some, they are the manifestation of destroyed creations. To others, they are the unfulfilled will of blacksmiths of past generations made corporeal. Whatever their origins may be, it is said that to its wielder, any weaponry or tool spirits it considers its ally, the Forge Geist will empower. To its foes, it will degrade and destroy. As long as anyone carries or stores a weapon with them even when unused, the Forge Geists will be after them.

Soul Rings:

1. Crucible Steel [Y]: Using the basics of making steel to envision the concept of arms.

• - Improves the attack power of a friendly weapon by 20%

• - Improves the attack abilities of a friendly tool spirit by 20%

• - Effect Illustration: Faint Orange Outline on the Weapon / Tool Spirit

2. Tempering [Y]: Reducing hardness to increase toughness.

• - For allied wielded weapons, this increases the durability of the weapon by 20%

• - For allied tool spirits, this increases their defensive abilities by 20%.

• - Defense may also apply to the “guard” being less likely to be broken.

• - Effect Illustration: Faint Orange Halo on the Weapon / Tool Spirit

3.  Brittleness [P]: Too much hardening by repeated heating and quenching leaves the metal very brittle.

• - Reduces the effectiveness of defensive abilities of weapon wielding opponents and tool spirits by 30%. Guards will have a higher chance of being broken.

• - Effect Illustration: Faint Yellow Halo around opposing weapons and tool spirits

4. Heat Mastery [P]: Through experience, the body gradually resists the heat and learns to control the flames. Reduces the effects of fire-related spirit skills against the user by 30%. Increases the effectiveness of spirit skills (1st to 3rd ring) invoked by the user by 10%.

• - Effect Illustration: Skin Glows like embers

5. Melting Strike [B]: Knowledge of crafting a weapon entails knowledge of its destruction. Enchants a weapon with extreme heat.

• - Against armed foes of equal or lower strength, the enchantment has a 15% chance to break the opponent’s weapon with each attack.

• - Against tool spirit masters of equal or lower strength, the enchantment has a 15% chance to seal the usage of the tool spirit for 1 hour.

• - For higher ranked opponents, the chance decreases by 1% for each level of difference.

• - Effect Illustration: Weapon / Tool Spirit Glows White Hot

6. Burning Frenzy [B]: The vigor and passion of the forge empowers allies.

• - Allied weapons and tool spirits have their speed increased by 30%

• - All speeds are affected (cast, attack, reaction, movement).

• - Effect Illustration: Noticeable Red Smoke Emanating from the Body

7. Forge Domain [B]: The forge welcomes all, but accepts only some.

• - Increases all allied weapon and tool spirit abilities by 30% while inside the domain.

• - All allied weapons and tool spirits have the Melting Strike ability while inside the domain. 

• - Increases Melting Strike break/seal percentage by 5%. 

• - Decreases all enemy weapon and tool spirit abilities by 30% while inside the domain.

• - Effect Illustration: Domain turns into an ember field, surroundings are patterned to a blast furnace 

8. Slag Armor [B]: Even waste such as slag has its uses in battle.

• - Encases the user in slag, protecting them from all sources of impact from 8th ring skills and below. Can take 5 hits from 9th ring skills before shattering.

• - When hit by weapons or tool spirits, returns 40% of the impact to the attacker as fire damage.

• - Effect Illustration: An illusory furnace pours fresh slag that coats the entire body of the user.

9. Blessing of Perfection [R]: Invoking the divine fire and craft to forge the user itself to allow one to unlock the potential of their arsenal for 30 minutes.

• - Temporarily raises the spirit rank of the weapon wielder or tool spirit master.

• - The wielded potential is dependent on the spirit rank of the user.

• - For ranks 1-60: 10 ranks higher.

• - For ranks 61-70: 7 ranks higher

• - For ranks 71-80: 5 ranks higher

• - For ranks 81-90: 3 ranks higher

• - For ranks 91-95: 2 ranks higher

• - For ranks 96-99: 1 rank higher

• - Effect Illustration: A large silhouette of a hammer strikes the target at the back leaving behind a burning hammer imprint.

Strength: To anyone that wields tool spirits or weaponry, this spirit is their greatest ally or their worst nemesis. 

Weakness: The user also needs to wield a weapon to be effective in single combat. Also, when facing non-weapons or non-tool spirits, their abilities are significantly ineffective. 

Creator's Note: I made this idea using the concept of applied fire using the forge with the constraint of being the ultimate bane and boon of weapons and tool spirits.

If this was in the DD1 timeline, this could have probably ended at the hands of spirit empire as a countermeasure for Sword Douluo, Clear Sky, and the hidden weapons of the Tang Sect. If on DD2, the user of this would be in line with soul weapons of any academy. In DD3, this can be the martial soul of a legendary blacksmith in seclusion.  

Comments

• This is an interesting one, would it be a better idea to have pure support soul rings instead?
    Life is an ass.
    Karma's a bitch.
    And Death doesn't give a shit.
    So deal with it.
  • wow this is something I never would've thought, awesome.
  • Dat_Karma said:
    This is an interesting one, would it be a better idea to have pure support soul rings instead?
    It is possible however, when theming it to forging, you have limited options as to what benefits you can give to your allies.

In a way, weakening your enemies also counts as supporting. That is one of the constraints of being a martial soul specifically for weapons and tool spirits.
  • Enye said:
    wow this is something I never would've thought, awesome.
    Thanks for the support :D
  • chizzyman said:
    Dat_Karma said:
    This is an interesting one, would it be a better idea to have pure support soul rings instead?
    It is possible however, when theming it to forging, you have limited options as to what benefits you can give to your allies.

In a way, weakening your enemies also counts as supporting. That is one of the constraints of being a martial soul specifically for weapons and tool spirits.
    Oh I meant soul ring number 8
    Life is an ass.
    Karma's a bitch.
    So deal with it.
  • Dat_Karma said:

I do admit the blast furnace was the last ability I imagined. And I guess this is better suited for an attack/support skill

You do have a good point for purposes of consistency. I'll try to revamp the skill
  • edited March 2017
    chizzyman said:
    Dat_Karma said:

I do admit the blast furnace was the last ability I imagined. And I guess this is better suited for an attack/support skill

You do have a good point for purposes of consistency. I'll try to revamp the skill
    Personal opinion: why not swap it for a berserk bestowal skill?
    Life is an ass.
    Karma's a bitch.
    So deal with it.
  • Dat_Karma said:
    chizzyman said:

Personal opinion: why not swap it for a berserk bestowal skill?
    That would overwrite the speed enhancement of ring 6.

Replaced the 8th ring now with a self-defense skill that retaliates to weapon and tool spirit users
  • Bump:

- modified description for 9th ring
    - revamped 8th ring from blast furnace to slag armor
    - added notes at end of 1st post
    - grammar / typo fixes
  • edited March 2017
    chizzyman said:
    Bump:

- modified description for 9th ring
    - revamped 8th ring from blast furnace to slag armor
    - added notes at end of 1st post
    - grammar / typo fixes
    assuming there would be a fight broke between mine and yours in lvl50 ranks..it will be a one sided match as me on losing side. in lvl60 and 70 ranks there be odd chance that i would win, however when i have teleport and exemption ability, i cant say who will win on the two smiley this be definitely the build that be the worst match of my build and be the one who will benefit the most..
  • assuming there would be a fight broke between mine and yours in lvl50 ranks..it will be a one sided match as me on losing side. in lvl60 and 70 ranks there be odd chance that i would win, however when i have teleport and exemption ability, i cant say who will win on the two smiley this be definitely the build that be the worst match of my build and be the one who will benefit the most..
    it wouldn't be surprising if you won on later fights considering your spirit is geared towards frontal assault while mine stands at combat support

• chizzyman said:
    it wouldn't be surprising if you won on later fights considering your spirit is geared towards frontal assault while mine stands at combat support
    if you said it so..then i won..hehe 
  • Nice job, fits in with the world quite nicely.

• Bump

- Added effect illustration (just to visualize the effects)
    - Improved the Domain skill at the 7th ring 
    - Added a few things at the notes below
    - Minor grammar fixes