Martial God Spoilers - Cang Tian Bai He - Weletranslations

Site: http://weletranslation.com/martial_god.html

So I looked and couldnt find anything on this novel so I thought I'd make one. I might have missed it so if anyone has it please provide a link.

Otherwise, any spoilers?
I read ahead somewhat on lnmtl, 20 or so chapters.

Curious about what happens to his family, with the bandits and all. Anything happen? Anyone die?

“But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Comments

• Site: http://weletranslation.com/martial_god.html

So I looked and couldnt find anything on this novel so I thought I'd make one. I might have missed it so if anyone has it please provide a link.

Otherwise, any spoilers?
    I read ahead somewhat on lnmtl, 20 or so chapters.

Curious about what happens to his family, with the bandits and all. Anything happen? Anyone die?

He fights some bandits and lets them go. They were part of the bandits who attacked before. Tehy group up and attack the Country. He finds out and kills over 200 bandits and the rest flee. He learns not to let enemies go.
    That's what I like about this series the MC is still learning because people at his power level get there when they're old and experienced.
  • Yea, I just read that part.

I'm pissed about the girl part. That was retarded. His elder brother likes a girl so Yiming also has to get married? This is the most retarded way of getting a girl in any novel I've read so far and its girl he hasnt even freakin talked to once after all this time.
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • what girl??
  • They rescue a family and his eldest brother He Yitian (actually his cousin, who is ALREADY married and only for just a year) see's a girl in the family (the branch of which just lost its biggest support so she needs a new backer for her family and her grandfather tells her to cozy up to the He family) and over the course what appears like a day or two falls in love and ABSOLUTELY has to marry her. He knows his father, who is the only elder nearby, wont approve cause he just got married a year ago and a concubine will just distract him from the Martial Path and improving. So He Yitian needs He Yimings support cause its revealed that he's Xiantian/Innate now.

Conversation went:
    Yitian: Sixth Brother I need you to marry a girl from the family so I could make another one my concubine.
    Yiming: Ok.
  • TBH I think the two have one of the most interesting romance stories in an Asian novel so far:
    He accepts her first for his big brother/the 2nd branch of the Yuan family and doesn't really care/feel much about male/female interaction and accepts her as a maid/servant at the beginning, but the time it takes for the two of them to get closer is way longer than the 'I undressed in front of you ... Therefore, I must kill you ... now I love you forever' (imagine the peerless beauty speaking) 10 lines most authors use for their romance stories.
    Yiming's (re)actions show that even as the strongest in his family he still acts like a younger brother/child towards his family members.

He really missed the boys & girls lesson taught by his elders, or it was never taught to him in the first place as he should concentrate on cultivation/martial arts.

• whats the name of yiming wife??
  • Yuan Lixun
  • How does yiming getting married help yitian? I'm guessing yitian got the girl he wanted?feels like yitian will be a useless older brother trope. 
  • Rewrite said:
    How does yiming getting married help yitian? I'm guessing yitian got the girl he wanted?feels like yitian will be a useless older brother trope. 
    Yes, Yitian gets the other girl as a concubine. Yitian obviously isn't very useful to the story, since he's only at the 7th layer. In fact, most of the He family stops being relevant as soon as Yiming heads off to Heng Mountain.
  • edited March 2017
    Does he leave them soon? It's super annoying when he keeps caring about them as they're only holding him back. 
    Hopefully yiming got the better of the two?
  • Not about being better. Girls arent important and arent useful in the story apart from taking care of mens needs and political marriages to tie families. At least so far in the story
  • Later on he goes to some city and his waifu and some other ppl where to arrive later, on the way they run into some jackass prince who whips her in the face leaving a scar. Yimingq finds out and goes on a killing spree and kills a few of the princes innate protectors then fights the stronger of the protectors and breaks through during the fight, wins the fight but doesnt kill the dude then he kills the prince.
  • Not about being better. Girls arent important and arent useful in the story apart from taking care of mens needs and political marriages to tie families. At least so far in the story
    Yuan Lixun is actually relevant to the story, though. Later on, Yiming finds a medicine that allows her to break through to Xiantian (I think she's around 17 at that point), along with giving her a constitution suited to ice cultivation methods. She also gets taken in by a large sect, and in the end is the key to opening the area in which the final book of the story takes place.
  • does he continue to practise techniques for every element or does he focus on one?
  • He learns a wind technique of using sound to hear things from far away. He later decides to focus on just the Five Elements.
  • I dont like this MC
  • I don't either. He's different from the usual MC, but not in a good way. I stopped reading because of it. 
  • I do like him because he's inexperienced. He's learning how to be a xianxia character since he never had to worry about any of that before. We see his mistakes and the lessons he learns from them.
  • He's a naive idiot who doesn't look at the big picture.
    How many chapters have you read?
  • I'm up to Vol 3 Ch 29.
    Because he has no experience what so ever. He spent most of his life at home cultivating without having to worry about survival or evil people.
  • no, the mc is just and idiot. 
  • edited March 2017
    His family lives in a backwater country and didn't have the foundation (they only have a legacy of roughly 50 years and his grandfather is an orphan) to teach him about the whole world and power structures. For example his wife can read languages he doesn't even know they exited and that is normal for someone of her family.
    He is a teenager with an absurd power (for his age) and no knowledge "of the big picture" - he reacts/acts most of the time fitting his actual age - most people who reached his level of power lived for 80, 100+ years and have a big background (sect/family etc.).
    He learns while living/surviving his life, exploring the world and trying to protect his family. However, during the story he loses the naïveté of a child/teenager.

I prefer a teenager acting his actual age compared to an 'expert' who is reborn acting like a spoiled toddler.

And something I like about this story is that the reader learns about the cultivation/levels etc alongside the character - not an info dump in the first chapter explaining EVERYTHING.

• Reading about a teenager with a teenager mentality and foresight is not something appealing at all imo, which is why I dropped this. 
  • Reading him going ape shit after wifey got hurt. Finally grew some balls and got the take on the world arrogance of a MC. Hopefully its not a one time thing.

I dont mean he should be retarded arrogant like Yun Che from ATG or Lin Feng from PMG where you just go around making enemies but if people come at you, you shouldnt just let them go.
  • His family lives in a backwater country and didn't have the foundation (they only have a legacy of roughly 50 years and his grandfather is an orphan) to teach him about the whole world and power structures. For example his wife can read languages he doesn't even know they exited and that is normal for someone of her family.
    He is a teenager with an absurd power (for his age) and no knowledge "of the big picture" - he reacts/acts most of the time fitting his actual age - most people who reached his level of power lived for 80, 100+ years and have a big background (sect/family etc.).
    He learns while living/surviving his life, exploring the world and trying to protect his family. However, during the story he loses the naïveté of a child/teenager.

I prefer a teenager acting his actual age compared to an 'expert' who is reborn acting like a spoiled toddler.

And something I like about this story is that the reader learns about the cultivation/levels etc alongside the character - not an info dump in the first chapter explaining EVERYTHING.

Being naive and not just a murder crazy freak isnt bad at all but the mc just has no unique traits in his character, he's so boring..
  • I dropped it for other reasons. I think I dropped it in volume 3 i think some war was about to happen. Some reason i really hate big wars but I dont mind sects fighting. I think the guy he let go free wanted revenge on him and kept causing his family trouble so that annoyed me. 
  • What are the cultivation levels in this story and does he ever end up actually speaking with his wife? I've read around 40 chapters past where he says he'll marry her and they've literally had two conversations with both of them being extremely small.
  • Houtian

10 layers, each layer is just accumulating more Internal Energy then breaking through to the next layer.

Xiantian

Hundred Scattered Heavens - Yiming reaches at 15

To break through to Xiantian, you can either take a Xiantian medicinal pellet or have 2 complementary cultivation techiques of the 5 elements at the 10th layer and use them both to break through.

One Line Heaven - Yiming reaches at 17

To break through to One Line Heaven, you have to completely link up the meridians in your body and force True Qi to flow in them (not completely sure if this is correct, been a while).

Three Flowers Gathering Crown - Yiming reaches at 20

You have to condense three flowers of the elements (can be any element. Yiming eventually condenses 6 flowers total, 5 elements + wind. Yuan Lixun, his wife, condenses 3 water element flowers of water, mist, and ice). You condense an elemental flower once you have deep enough understanding of an element. You then have to form a stable connection between the 3 flowers, then use them to bind a Divine Weapon.

Five Qi Toward the Origin - Yiming reaches at 21/22

You have to bind another Divine Weapon. Can fly at this stage. Can go up to 6 Divine Weapons.

Nine Layer Heaven - 
    Yiming reaches at 24

Absorb Divine Power and use it to transform your body. You normally need 6 Divine Weapons to sense and absorb Divine Power to reach this level, but Yiming does it with 3. This is the peak level of Yiming's world up until Book 7, as there aren't any known Divine Dao cultivators or Divine Beasts.

Divine Dao

Void God
    False God
    True God

Not familiar with the Divine Dao levels, haven't read all of Volume 7.

All names are taken from Lnmtl. There might be some mistakes because I kinda skimmed some of it.