ISSTH & AWE Connection

apart from similar cultivation path, are there other connection between the 2?

Comments

• they are in the same universe along side renegade immortal and beech the devil
  • I'm at chapter 623 aside from similar cultivation level (at least until nascent soul) we don't know whether the story is connected or a completely separate story. As for now there is no reference to er gen's other novels

• well in ISSTH there were no references to renegade immortal or beseech the devil until after chapter 1000 and they were minor references that you would only notice if you read the other two stories the only reason i know about them is because the translated added notes saying these things are from these stories want more details go read them
  • well in ISSTH there were no references to renegade immortal or beseech the devil until after chapter 1000 and they were minor references that you would only notice if you read the other two stories the only reason i know about them is because the translated added notes saying these things are from these stories want more details go read them
    Not exactly. In issth there are references to other novels since early chapters but like you said it was minor like technique or something else, btw I already finish all of them issth, Xian Ni and Beseech the Devil :)
    Not exactly. In issth there are references to other novels since early chapters but like you said it was minor like technique or something else, btw I already finish all of them issth, Xian Ni and Beseech the Devil :)
    really i have only read ISSTH so far comparatively is it worth reading Xian Ni and Beseech the Devil because from what i've found so far they are completely different story type from ISSTH and AWE.
  • @RobtheHungry yes, they're different, but much better imo. Well I can't speak for beseech the devil as I haven't read it yet. But xian ni is definitely one of my favourite xianxia 
  • really i have only read ISSTH so far comparatively is it worth reading Xian Ni and Beseech the Devil because from what i've found so far they are completely different story type from ISSTH and AWE.

I think very worth it. The character building in my opinion also a lot better in Xian Ni (well, it did has more chapters). Xian Ni gives you different feeling than issth as because of a certain reason people cultivated XiuDao (Dao Cultivation) way rather than XiuXian (Immortal Cultivation) way (at least for some people) so Xian Ni was heavy on Dao enlightenment things. For me it gives me somekind of mystical feeling and also I felt better to read the fight and cultivation process as it gives you deep feeling rather than "this person used this technique" or "this person train this technique for who know how many years". Yeah, but nobody is perfect as sometimes in Xian Ni the explanation is rather confusing. For Beseech The Devil it gives you the sad, tragedy feeling as you read a story about someone who always being controlled and you can feel his determination to control his own destiny, to be a complete being, but until the end even when he can control his destiny he can't have a happy time and you can feel his loneliness. This pretty much highlight Su Ming's life (and pretty much cultivator's life) "Your path, if you go down, and finally the whole world. Your world is only you." "Then your way. Go on. Ultimately the whole world, the only disappearance is your own" 
  • edited March 2017
    I really admire ergen.
    He manage to tell a different type of story that occurs in same universe

The dark one superb (xian ni)
    The light one hilarious (issth)
    And from what you said, beseech is sad and tragic one. (Really hope beseech in this site)
    How about awe? What type story it is?
  • I really admire ergen.

And from what you said, beseech is sad and tragic one. (Really hope beseech in this site)
    i just hope awe turns out to be a harem type. i am definitely not a fan of those japanese harem story but er gens eternal live bs annoys me to no end
  • Garnest said:
    I really admire ergen.

i just hope awe turns out to be a harem type. i am definitely not a fan of those japanese harem story but er gens eternal live bs annoys me to no end
    well awe is still ongoing and as for now I think it's the same type as issth but Bai Xiaochun is a narcissistic person
  • So narcissistic light type lol
  • sounds like meng hao's personality when collecting debts except Bai Xiaochun really does believe it 
  • Bai xiaochun is not exactly a narcissist. He is more like a kindergarten kid who does not know when to stop playing. Only difference is that this guy's way of playing involves stealing and cowardice :).
  • Oh boy you haven't reach that point when he frequently look at a mirror, making the soul in mirror flatter him, always thinking that wherever he go he will be a star, constantly say something like "when I act, I, myself is afraid", I'm so fierce thing :) to be frank lately for me AWE become boring (I'm at chapter 660) and it doesn't feel like er gen's style of writing lately
  • apart from similar cultivation path, are there other connection between the 2?
    https://twitter.com/deathbladeISSTH/status/876271910677495808
  • NI said:
    apart from similar cultivation path, are there other connection between the 2?
    https://twitter.com/deathbladeISSTH/status/876271910677495808
    Also, i don't remember where it was but I'm sure I have definitely read Deathblade commenting that he asked Er Gen and learnt that AWE is in a separate universe from ISSTH, RI, and BTD.