Extra Immortal Meridian

Can a cultivator have more than 123 immortal meridians?
Life is a never ending battle you win some and lose some if one cannot handle losses then how could one possibly win the war.

Comments

• Because I vaguely remember that a chapter post it this topic saying it was possible can any fellow daoist remember which chapter was it.
    Life is a never ending battle you win some and lose some if one cannot handle losses then how could one possibly win the war.
  • 123 is the max number of meridians
  • edited January 2017
    What if you had 4 of that dragon meng hao encountered in the Fang clans necropolis and absorbed it then wouldn't you have exceeded the limit.
  • zxlowi said:
    What if you had 4 of that dragon meng hao encountered in the Fang clans necropolis and absorbed it then wouldn't you have exceeded the limit.
    no from the way it is explained the max you can get is 123 because you get 1 soul per 10 meridians until you have 10 then it's 1 soul per meridian for a maximum of 33  souls which is equal to the number of heavens if you have more than 23 extra meridians before reaching the immortal realm you won't get the full 100 from the door the way i look at it is that the body only has space for 123 and forcing an extra on to it would be more of a demerit than an increase or worst case you just blow up
  • 123 isn't the limit, if i remember right
    meng hao's first clone during the 9th book exeeds that amount
  • tombec94 said:
    123 isn't the limit, if i remember right
    i'm not reading ahead so i have to ask is this before or after the nine mountains and seas are destroyed because if it's after it doesn't count because 123 is the limit in the 9M&S outside them is a different set of rules
  • Thanks
  • tombec94 said:
    i'm not reading ahead so i have to ask is this before or after the nine mountains and seas are destroyed because if it's after it doesn't count because 123 is the limit in the 9M&S outside them is a different set of rules
    It happens after the 9M&S are destroyed, in boundless sect (a location of 9th book). Anyways the set of rules is exactly the same in all issth universe, the only difference between 9M&S and the rest (33 heavens and other major powers) is the curse which doesn't let 9M&S cultivators to reach the paragon level. Also the number of meridians is determined by the amount of good fortune a cultivator has accumulated. Just think about it this way: if meng hao already knew the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th hex he would have reached 127 meridians XD. Basically it's possible to have an infinite amount of meridians, the clone i wrote about in my previous post faces monstrous tribulations much bigger then meng hao's
  • tombec94 said:
    tombec94 said:
    It happens after the 9M&S are destroyed, in boundless sect (a location of 9th book). Anyways the set of rules is exactly the same in all issth universe, the only difference between 9M&S and the rest (33 heavens and other major powers) is the curse which doesn't let 9M&S cultivators to reach the paragon level. Also the number of meridians is determined by the amount of good fortune a cultivator has accumulated. Just think about it this way: if meng hao already knew the 1st,2nd,3rd and 4th hex he would have reached 127 meridians XD. Basically it's possible to have an infinite amount of meridians, the clone i wrote about in my previous post faces monstrous tribulations much bigger then meng hao's
    the basic rules for cultivation might be the same throughout the ISSTH universe but in the 9M&S everyone is being suppressed so cultivation is affected by more than just making it impossible to become a paragon even the qi consolidation stage has been affected if you remember it used to be 13 levels now it's 9 and even if meng hao did hve the first 4 hexes he wouldn't have 127 meridians because he started getting outside help after reaching 117 if he had the first four hexes he either wouldn't have gotten the four meridians from the others or wouldn't have made the last four the main point is that in the 9M&S 123 is the limit the only way to break that limit is to leave or destroy the 9M&S because inside them cultivation is suppressed at every level limiting growth