Spoiler thread DE

Comments

• Prady said:
    1) Will Ning succeed the Daomerge without problems? If not, please post me what problems will arise and how he will deal with them?
    2) Will Autarch succeed to resurrect Ye Wei in exchange for Realmship?
    1. he fails his daomerge and his main body dies from fighting too much (succeeds again much later when he makes his truesoul immortal)
    Ouch! How much Ning lost of his abilities, when his main body died? And when he succeeded Daomege with his primaltwin, does he regains any lost abilities (if he lost them at all)?
    He doesn't lose any abilities.
  • edited December 2017
    Prady said:
    1) Will Ning succeed the Daomerge without problems? If not, please post me what problems will arise and how he will deal with them?
    1. he fails his daomerge and his main body dies from fighting too much (succeeds again much later when he makes his truesoul immortal)
    Ouch! How much Ning lost of his abilities, when his main body died? And when he succeeded Daomege with his primaltwin, does he regains any lost abilities (if he lost them at all)?
    He doesn't lose any, he finds/makes a cultivation technique that combined ki, body and heartforce. So ning gains back everything the main body had + it gets way stronger than before. on top of that he's an omega emperor after he succeeds his daomerge, so he's the strongest in his chaosverse at that point
  • zyar12 said:
    He doesn't lose any abilities.
    Prady said:
    He doesn't lose any, he finds/makes a cultivation technique that combined ki, body and heartforce. So ning gains back everything the main body had + it gets way stronger than before. on top of that he's an omega emperor after he succeeds his daomerge, so he's the strongest in his chaosverse at that point
    I think the question was, how much weaker he is during the time between the loss of his true body and the rebuilding, while he only had the primaltwin around.
  • edited December 2017
    Prady said:
    Basically when his daomerge fails he actually becomes stronger because he menages to understand the eternal omega sword dao after failing( if he had understood it during daomerge he would have succedeed). At this point Ning is only weaker than autarchs but he can't use his divine/immortal energy too much since when it runs out he dies forever, his truesoul dissipates. Anyway he pretty much destroys everyone who opposes him in those books of the novel(volume 39 and 40). Later (during books 40,41 and 42 iirc) he is trapped and his enemies make him use too much energy, his true body dies, only his primaltwin stays alive (note that he is only a ki refiner at this point). Basically after the autarchs knew that Ning practiced an omega dao they started protecting him, too bad they learned it after he had already failed his daomerge: an autarch recovers all Ning tresures after his main body dies and gives them to the primaltwin (his swords are at the universe tresure level after daomerge failure). Now at this point I personally think that his primaltwin is a bit weaker then his true body because the primaltwin doesn't have a divine body being a ki refiner only, however it is also true that starting from the daolord level most battles are decided by the daos mastered, also IET doesn't go too much into details. During the adventure which lead him into the trap Ning obtained a Sithe method to actually reverse the truesoul dissipation and gain an immortal truesoul. The downside is that this technique only works for Sithe cultivators so Ning starts developing a technique which works for him and his chaosverse. At the last moment when his truesoul dissipates he creates the technique and comes back to life (i have to say that scene was pretty badass). Then he daomerges becoming the first omega eternal emperor of his chaosverse and a few chapters later he creates an azureflower technique for eternal emperors and autarchs which fuses divine energy (from godfiend refiners) , immortal energy (from ki refiners) and heartforce. The new energy from this fusion actually made Ning primaltwin body 4 or more times (if i remember correctly) stronger than his dead main body. At this point he is as powerfull as an autarch and he starts adding hegemon level daos to his eternal omega sword dao (actually he had already started after failing his daomerge).

P.S. his main body never resurrects, also note that primaltwin and main body have half of Ning's original soul, they are the same, so he is still the same NIng as ever.

I hope this helps dispeal some doubts.
  • Well the thing is, from the current standpoint, a significant portion of Ning's strength comes from Heartsword art, which is described as perfect fusion of Ki, Divine Power and Heartforce. So by that description, using it without divine power would be either impossible or weaker. 
    Comprehending 15th stage of Heartsword is also requisite for the Eternal Omega Dao, so that still carries the expectation of needing to have fiendgod body for max power rather than just ki refiner.
  • edited December 2017
    Adannor said:
    Well the thing is, from the current standpoint, a significant portion of Ning's strength comes from Heartsword art, which is described as perfect fusion of Ki, Divine Power and Heartforce. So by that description, using it without divine power would be either impossible or weaker. 
    Comprehending 15th stage of Heartsword is also requisite for the Eternal Omega Dao, so that still carries the expectation of needing to have fiendgod body for max power rather than just ki refiner.
    Heartsword art is all about Heartforce, others just compliment it. You need to be at the level of dao lord to even learn that( actually, the creator created that when he was an EE already).

Also ,at the ascension of dao lord level, people at the same playing field as their body and ki was about the same not to mention the majority of fiendgods/chaos immortals mastered or at least well verse both paths before reaching dao lords, not everyone was genius like JN so they spend a long time at top level of one path and swich to other to improve their power. We saw the emphasis on Fiendgod due to the Kingdom culture rather than the norms of Fire Dragon Realm.

The emphasis of dao lord is in understanding of dao. That understanding change them. At 4th step, vast majority of them have bodies represent their own dao. Even JN have the Sword bodies( both bodies are the same at that point).
  • edited December 2017
    Adannor said:
    Well the thing is, from the current standpoint, a significant portion of Ning's strength comes from Heartsword art, which is described as perfect fusion of Ki, Divine Power and Heartforce. So by that description, using it without divine power would be either impossible or weaker. 
    theres nothing in ning's chaosverse thats a fusion of ki body and heartforce. ning is the one that develops it after reaching eternal emperor. heartsword art is strong because it combines heartforce with the dao of sword, which makes his fighting capability much higher. Also 15th stance is by no means a prerequisite to gaining the eternal omega dao.
  • Prady said:
    Adannor said:
    theres nothing in ning's chaosverse thats a fusion of ki body and heartforce. ning is the one that develops it after reaching eternal emperor. heartsword art is strong because it combines heartforce with the dao of sword, which makes his fighting capability much higher. Also 15th stance is by no means a prerequisite to gaining the eternal omega dao.
    Actually, I think you do need it or an equivalent for Eternal Omega Dao. Ning mentions later a couple of times that you need a "Perfect Dao Heart" for it. Doesn't have to be through Heartsword though, can be another heartforce technique.
  • edited December 2017
    Prady said:
    The spirit of the azureflower estate mentions it specifically as a three force fusion thing though  :p
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/desolate-era-index/de-book-36-chapter-24/
    “A tri-force fusion technique…” The white-robed elder’s gaze grew distant. “Heartforce is indeed incredible. Even though the technique which Master created is capable of transforming and merging all types of energy, heartforce is still special and unique. ... "

So yea, it is kinda similar to the azure mist. Though I do give that it's mainly due to heartforce, as he says. While the azuremist is more unifying fusion.

Also, during his Daomerge, Ning realizes he needs to master Heartsword (with a caveat that 15th stance is a personalized version for every practitioner), so he does it during the process.
  • Adannor said:
    Prady said:
    The spirit of the azureflower estate mentions it specifically as a three force fusion thing though  :p
    http://www.wuxiaworld.com/desolate-era-index/de-book-36-chapter-24/
    “A tri-force fusion technique…” The white-robed elder’s gaze grew distant. “Heartforce is indeed incredible. Even though the technique which Master created is capable of transforming and merging all types of energy, heartforce is still special and unique. ... "

So yea, it is kinda similar to the azure mist. Though I do give that it's mainly due to heartforce, as he says. While the azuremist is more unifying fusion.

Also, during his Daomerge, Ning realizes he needs to master Heartsword (with a caveat that 15th stance is a personalized version for every practitioner), so he does it during the process.
    You guys shouldn't worry too much about the heartsword art, it becomes meaningless after Ning's daomerge failure. He starts fusing hegemon level daos in the eternal omega sword dao at that point. Also i think that the heartsword art is simply a very good method to apply heartforce to attacks, i think the words tri-force fusion is used in that sense. The azureflower technique Ning develops later is a perfect fusion of the 3 kind of energies, it's basically a cultivation path which will replace fiendgod, ki refiner and hertforce cultivators.
  • Is the fire god bird will be relevant in the story later on? Or is it just another dead end character?
  • http://www.wuxiaworld.com/desolate-era-index/de-book-36-chapter-24/
    yea its an incomplete technique, I meant that ning perfects it later on after his daomerge, my mistake
  • Prady said:
    yea its an incomplete technique, I meant that ning perfects it later on after his daomerge, my mistake
    That's not what I was talking about, but eh I don't really care to ramble about it anymore.
  • This ice peak army is the reason why nings true body dies?

Im pretty sure his true body dies because of his failed daomerge, then he fights some powerful people (maybe the icepeak army) and exhausts his power.

His true body dies after he fails his daomerge. He ends up fighting the Sithe clan, the fight drains all his energy and his true soul disperses. Actually the ice peak army won’t cause any problem for Ning, flamewing god helps him during book 38, in the early chapters of book 39 Ning destroys the boss of ice peak army without even lifting a finger.
  • Speaking of Flamewing, how long does he stay relevant for?
  • edited December 2017
    tombec94 said:
    This ice peak army is the reason why nings true body dies?

His true body dies after he fails his daomerge. He ends up fighting the Sithe clan, the fight drains all his energy and his true soul disperses. Actually the ice peak army won’t cause any problem for Ning, flamewing god helps him during book 38, in the early chapters of book 39 Ning destroys the boss of ice peak army without even lifting a finger.
    Thank you and Paragon Nine seals for the aswers.
  • Speaking of Flamewing, how long does he stay relevant for?
    He stays relevant until early book 40, all hegemons and otherverse lords want him to be their servant. His power is at the same level as autarchs but he is too stupid to use it properly, in book 39 Ning is already as powerful as him.
  • tombec94 said:
    Speaking of Flamewing, how long does he stay relevant for?
    He stays relevant until early book 40, all hegemons and otherverse lords want him to be their servant. His power is at the same level as autarchs but he is too stupid to use it properly, in book 39 Ning is already as powerful as him.
      didnt it say that chaos primordials are a bit less powerful than autarchs?
  • tombec94 said:
    In raw power, maybe, but that only gets you so far.

Remember the three clan leaders in the Hellelephant Ship? In terms of raw power they were as powerful as supreme Daolords and Ning's equal at the time. But because Ning's understanding of the Dao was so much higher than theirs, he could slap them around at will.

It's the same principle. If Flamewing and an Autarch decided to arm wrestle, it'd be fairly even. But in an actual fight, there's no contest.
  • edited December 2017
    tombec94 said:
    In raw power, maybe, but that only gets you so far.

Remember the three clan leaders in the Hellelephant Ship? In terms of raw power they were as powerful as supreme Daolords and Ning's equal at the time. But because Ning's understanding of the Dao was so much higher than theirs, he could slap them around at will.

It's the same principle. If Flamewing and an Autarch decided to arm wrestle, it'd be fairly even. But in an actual fight, there's no contest.
    Yes it is as you said, at this point everything is basically decided by the level of insight into the dao. For example when Ning fails the daomerge he still menages to understand the eternal omega sword dao. The level of the eternal omega sword dao is so high that he can kill the lonely king with just an ordinary sword slash without using much power. The eternal omega sword dao is what saved ning from the soul dispersion, it allowed him to use less power and this slowed down his truesoul dispersion until he found a way to reverse it. As explained later the eternal omega daos are on the same level as "ordinary" autarch daos, that's why omega eternal emperors are as strong as ordinary autarchs.
  • When does Ning learn that the Sithe come from another Chaosverse ?
  • Hmm.. .from discussion between page 40 to 44 it seems that Ning will become EE in 40th book... It will take months to get to that point, and i'm annoyed by the fact that i can't read LNMTL without feeling like i have a stroke (english isn't my native language and reading that worsen my grammar even more, no to mention it's near impossible for me to understand :|).
  • Magnic said:
    Hmm.. .from discussion between page 40 to 44 it seems that Ning will become EE in 40th book... It will take months to get to that point, and i'm annoyed by the fact that i can't read LNMTL without feeling like i have a stroke (english isn't my native language and reading that worsen my grammar even more, no to mention it's near impossible for me to understand :|).
    No, he reaches Eternal Emperor in Book 43, not Book 40.
  • zyar12 said:
    Magnic said:
    Hmm.. .from discussion between page 40 to 44 it seems that Ning will become EE in 40th book... It will take months to get to that point, and i'm annoyed by the fact that i can't read LNMTL without feeling like i have a stroke (english isn't my native language and reading that worsen my grammar even more, no to mention it's near impossible for me to understand :|).
    ...just kill me :'(
  • Magnic said:
    zyar12 said:
    Magnic said:
    Keep in mind that books have less chapters from book 39 onwards. Also don't stop reading because of what happens at the end of this book, it slowly gets better, you will understand what i mean eventually. Actually book 39 (which is the next one) is one of the best in my opinion.
  • edited January 7
    tombec94 said:
    Magnic said:
    zyar12 said:
    Magnic said:
    Keep in mind that books have less chapters from book 39 onwards. Also don't stop reading because of what happens at the end of this book, it slowly gets better, you will understand what i mean eventually. Actually book 39 (which is the next one) is one of the best in my opinion.
    Trust me, there is nothing that will happen that i don't know. I read spoilers. I may not know when, but i know that it will. I also know that Ning will became universe creator.
    It just kills me that there will be months before we get to the point when Ning become "eternal". Sometimes i wish i didn't start some novels before they were completely translated. DE is one of those novels that's best binged, than read through long period of time.
  • Magnic said:
    tombec94 said:
    Magnic said:
    zyar12 said:
    Magnic said:
    Trust me, there is nothing that will happen that i don't know. I read spoilers. I may not know when, but i know that it will. I also know that Ning will became universe creator.
    It just kills me that there will be months before we get to the point when Ning become "eternal". Sometimes i wish i didn't start some novels before they were completely translated. DE is one of those novels that's best binged, than read through long period of time.
    There is no need to be worried, even if he doesn't become an eternal emperor he is going to be as powerful as an autarch from the end of this book. From the next book he starts fusing other hegemon level daos in the eternal omega sword dao. The next books are packed with lots of action, they are pretty entertaining, you won't feel the need for him to become an emperor. Troubles start around mid book 42 but everything is solved in book 43 when he daomerges.
  • tombec94 said:
    Magnic said:
    tombec94 said:
    Magnic said:
    zyar12 said:
    Magnic said:
    There is no need to be worried, even if he doesn't become an eternal emperor he is going to be as powerful as an autarch from the end of this book. From the next book he starts fusing other hegemon level daos in the eternal omega sword dao. The next books are packed with lots of action, they are pretty entertaining, you won't feel the need for him to become an emperor. Troubles start around mid book 42 but everything is solved in book 43 when he daomerges.
    Sometimes on the internet i have a feeling i either speak chinese, or people only understand chinese. Because people either don't understand what i've said, or misunderstand it. This is one of such case.
    Now reread what i wrote before and think why i said that.