Spoiler thread DE

Comments

• edited January 2016
    animeda said:

Necroloth said:

wait... have I missed something? You guys have said his clone becomes immortal etc... when did he get a clone!??!

Around wanxiang realm (and after he kills Brat of Yan clan during his adventure to beast mansion), he gets a treasure that helped him get a clone. His clone goes thru the magic route for immortality (while his real body is going thru Fiendbody method route) so he reaches immortality pretty fast.
    I talked about Tournament organized by the Emperor (immortal) for all the talents... His clone become immortal just before that.

I'm currently listening to the audioversion of DE so I'm only a bit ahead. When you talk about the Yan clan brat and beast mansion, are you talking about the tomb of the demon clan celestial immortal? The one where Ji Ning along with 4 other top Wanxian Black white diciples go, along with that fiendgod bodyguard? Where the possible successor guy they're protecting has to get 5 control jades or something?
  • liedral said:

animeda said:

Necroloth said:

wait... have I missed something? You guys have said his clone becomes immortal etc... when did he get a clone!??!

Around wanxiang realm (and after he kills Brat of Yan clan during his adventure to beast mansion), he gets a treasure that helped him get a clone. His clone goes thru the magic route for immortality (while his real body is going thru Fiendbody method route) so he reaches immortality pretty fast.
    I talked about Tournament organized by the Emperor (immortal) for all the talents... His clone become immortal just before that.

I'm currently listening to the audioversion of DE so I'm only a bit ahead. When you talk about the Yan clan brat and beast mansion, are you talking about the tomb of the demon clan celestial immortal? The one where Ji Ning along with 4 other top Wanxian Black white diciples go, along with that fiendgod bodyguard? Where the possible successor guy they're protecting has to get 5 control jades or something?
    Can you share link of the audioversion of DE? Thanks!
  • edited January 2016
    Sure, there's a bunch of xianxia audioversions on this site, I've been focusing on DE and evil otherworld monarch but anyways...

I like this version of Desolate Era
    http://www.lrts.me/book/7444

however..... his recordings sometimes end up with some repeat overlaps due to complications in recordings, at those times I just switch to
    http://www.lrts.me/book/5357

On a side note, there's a mobile app for this site, you can download the files for offline listening through it. I only found out about it after I returned from my vacation.... -sigh- 18 hour flight and I could only listen to one 20 min segment cause I didn't know about the app....
    Also... for easy clarification...... 1 audiofile does not = 1 chapter. 1 audiofile = multiple chapters, so you're going to have to listen to several files before you get to the section you want. I think file 140 is Ji Ning in the caverns beating up on Northmont Fox's monocerous monster(book 7)
  • liedral said:

He is, but he is wrong on details- His clone will just get to Primordial level then. It will take a good while before it gets any further, really.
  • hey guys, have a question for raw readers..
    when ning was reincarnating, the celestial immortal from earth told him that he put a sort of technique into him, he would get it when he turns 16...
    so, does that happen? or IET forgot about it...cause Ning should be over 16 by now roughly...
  • matricha said:

hey guys, have a question for raw readers..
    when ning was reincarnating, the celestial immortal from earth told him that he put a sort of technique into him, he would get it when he turns 16...
    so, does that happen? or IET forgot about it...cause Ning should be over 16 by now roughly...

that's the Nuwa image technique. he has been using it since he was born lol. the 16 year old thing is cause that's the age he was supposed to regain his memories after drinking the elixir. but shit happened he ended up in mortal realm with all his memories intact
  • matricha. go back and read the first few chapters. it was pretty clear about all of it.

basically, lord cui, soul imprented the nuwa image into his mind/soul, (this is basically the super way to perfectly learn anything) anyways, when before ning and everyone else are resurrected, hey are forced to drink a potion that erases their memories. for celestials, at 16 they get those memories back. (which happens to include the nuwa painting.) so since ning never drank the potion, he never lost his memories, so he's always had it, and has been always using it.
  • For all those wondering about Meng Jun
    book 8 ch 3
  • eveneel2 said:

For all those wondering about Meng Jun

book 8 ch 3

Isn't that Meng Roch ( or Meng Yan in the raws I believe ), Meng Jun was the asshole/asskisser. That is when he gets invited, however what I am interested is when do the other 2 find out about him or meet him the next time :)
  • Does Ning gain insight into any other daos? He currently only has the rainwater dao. I know he is trying to comprehend more of the wind and fire elements. Do they get their own daos as well?
  • eveneel2 said:

book 8 ch 3

Isn't that Meng Roch ( or Meng Yan in the raws I believe ), Meng Jun was the asshole/asskisser. That is when he gets invited, however what I am interested is when do the other 2 find out about him or meet him the next time :)
    Yea this one does interest me too. Would love to know if they meet Roch again. And how they react upon seeing him being better off lol.
  • NoobElite said:

eveneel2 said:

book 8 ch 3

Yea this one does interest me too. Would love to know if they meet Roch again. And how they react upon seeing him being better off lol.
    Uh sorry don't think it is ever mentioned they do, at least up to the point I read, which is book 15, but I know there might have been a point where stuff is mentioned about his retainers after he left for a bit of time
  • Who is mc wife?
    What about uncle white after ji ning leave the college?
    What about northmont baiwei?
  • lionel007 said:

Who is mc wife?
    What about uncle white after ji ning leave the college?
    What about northmont baiwei?

Yu Wei is his wife. Uncle White follows him as a side character most of the time.
    Have faith in the Lord Fifth, gain eternal life! When the Lord Fifth appears, who dares to cause strife!
  • Does anyone know what the divine ability heavenly transformations does?
  • edited January 2016
    Raizen said:

Does anyone know what the divine ability heavenly transformations does?

it's been a little while but i can understand that you forgot. but go back and read the Ji vs snow dragon mini arc for a more detailed description.

but as for what it does. the simple explanation, hulk with gold instead of green skin and no loss sanity and control.
  • Any spoilers for the ambush on our beloved MC and his friend?
  • Seems Ji Ning likes to steal other peoples target of revenge from them :P , he already killed azure snakes target Ironwood Jahn and hes about to kill cloudsoars targets as well :)
  • Seems Ji Ning likes to steal other peoples target of revenge from them :P , he already killed azure snakes target Ironwood Jahn and hes about to kill cloudsoars targets as well :)

ANd other people would steal targets from him too. Seriously, his cousin is so psycho that he must try to restrain her lust for revenge and the hit on the sect that tried to get the mine was done without his knowledge
  • huntermad said:

Seems Ji Ning likes to steal other peoples target of revenge from them :P , he already killed azure snakes target Ironwood Jahn and hes about to kill cloudsoars targets as well :)

ANd other people would steal targets from him too. Seriously, his cousin is so psycho that he must try to restrain her lust for revenge and the hit on the sect that tried to get the mine was done without his knowledge
    Why wouldn't you seek revenge if you can? Nings dad just told him he wasn't strong enough and to wait.

• Why wouldn't you seek revenge if you can? Nings dad just told him he wasn't strong enough and to wait.

He does seek revenge, but she REALLY is hardcore about it. For Ji Ning it's something to do for respect of his parents, but it's not his first goal in life.
  • Arkeus said:

Why wouldn't you seek revenge if you can? Nings dad just told him he wasn't strong enough and to wait.

He does seek revenge, but she REALLY is hardcore about it. For Ji Ning it's something to do for respect of his parents, but it's not his first goal in life.
    Its good to be thorough when doing this kind of thing?? Maybe. Don't want them to seek revenge on you if you leave survivors.
  • Hey guys, does Ji Ning make any more breakthroughs in regards to his divine sense. Since he still meditates the nuwa painting, his soul should be getting stronger...
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:

Hey guys, does Ji Ning make any more breakthroughs in regards to his divine sense. Since he still meditates the nuwa painting, his soul should be getting stronger...

The power up from that technique is useless at higher levels. Good for starter level but higher levelpeople had million years to develop their spirit power already.

Ji Ning did find his talent in spirit power later through. His master may consider him switch to spirit power entirely
  • Does Ning ever wipe out that ironwood clan that his clan has been at war with for years?
  • Does Ning ever wipe out that ironwood clan that his clan has been at war with for years?

After Ji clan got much more powerful, they moved away with most other clans
  • edited January 2016
    huntermad said:

Does Ning ever wipe out that ironwood clan that his clan has been at war with for years?

his clan leaves swallow mountain? Or do they take over swallow mountain?
  • huntermad said:

Does Ning ever wipe out that ironwood clan that his clan has been at war with for years?

his clan leaves swallow mountain? Or do they take over swallow mountain?
    Ji clan took over the whole region and drove away all the competitions
  • Someone spoiler the rest of book 8 starting from the most recent chapter in more detail pls.
  • Ning said that his elements are water, fire and wind. He has a dao domain of water and fire. Does he gain one of wind? Does he ever add something like direwind to his zifu later on?