A suggestion, maybe? Stellar Transformation

This is my first post here so please dont bite me. As the title say I want to suggest something about Stellar Transformation to our Elders, the translator here in WuxiaWorld, therefore please dont kill me if what I am suggesting is inappropiate or rude (I dont think it is, but I still say this just in case). I was wondering if one, or more than you Elders could help Translations Nations once in a while in the translation of Stellar Transformation. I know most of you are either overworking yourselves right now or are almost overworking yourselves, that is why I am saying it would be once in a while. For example I saw a thread here were the one who made the thread asked the translators if they were overworking themselves right now or not and Deathblade and RWX answered and linked to a previous post of them were they stated that they had to diminish the amount of chapters per day or per week because it was too much. Here I think RWX said that after he finish translating CD he wanted to take a break of translating (correct me if I am wrong here), so maybe he could help Translations Nations a bit after his break? I dont know, but I really really really want to finish reading Stellars Transformation. For the past one or two weeks I have been reading it almost non stop and I finished two days ago, but because I couldnt wait I researched about Stellar Transformations and saw the problems between translators and He-man, our gods disappearance. In the end I came across the summaries of angelsplight and I read them all yesterday... Even though I already know what happens after the last translated chapter (Book 12, chapter 32), I crave to read the complete chapters. What is coming after the current chapter is amazing, therefore and because I know there have been problems between the people translating Stellar Transformation, I thought if you could help Translations Nations once in a while it would be acceptable. I know we, or at least I would have to reach out to Translations Nations to see if they are willing to accept the help to accelerate the work or no, but if we start from the supposition that they want the help: Would a, or more, translator(s) be willing to help them out? I would help out if I knew chinese and could translate, but alas, I dont. PD: my "enter" key of my keyboard doesnt work, that is why it is a why huge paragraph, sorry about that. And sorry if its in the wrong category or if this is too much to ask or too rude.

Comments

• sorry to inform you that RWX have already stated that he will not touch stellar transformation... that is due to all the drama andproblems that have srouded it over the time (and consider that it was also hosted here on WW...), also he is already helping out with both ATG and DE at the moment... and for after he is done with DC he is thinking (but is not yet confirmed) to go full out with helping on ATG

for Aly&Co (group translating ATG)... well since they actualy are being helped by RWX I sriously doubt that they have time to spare ^^' ... same for IEW (main translator of DE)
  • Oh, I see. Crap, well there still are other translators who could help translation nations out. But yeah, I know a bit about the drama of Stellar Transformation. The no spoilers thread of ST in spcnet at the end... Anyways, I just want to know if there is a translator in WW that has the time to help translating ST. If there are no translators, then I will have to wait like 5-10 years to read it. Meanwhile I will see if I learn chinese myself.
  • Senros said:

Oh, I see. Crap, well there still are other translators who could help translation nations out. But yeah, I know a bit about the drama of Stellar Transformation. The no spoilers thread of ST in spcnet at the end... Anyways, I just want to know if there is a translator in WW that has the time to help translating ST. If there are no translators, then I will have to wait like 5-10 years to read it. Meanwhile I will see if I learn chinese myself.

I totally sympathize with you, Senros. I myself stopped reading ST shortly before He-man disappeared, and then all the drama happened, so we are both sort of in the same boat. However, as Random Reader pointed out, it's unlikely that any translators here would be willing to help out. Sadly, this is one of the sucky consequences of the translation poaching that we WW translators detest so much.

That having been said, I'm sure the translation will get finished by somebody at some point.

As for learning Chinese, it's totally doable. I started learning Chinese because of wuxia novels, and it took me about 4 years to get to the point where I felt confident enough to start translating.
  • That suck, i really like ST. Too bad it's doomed. It has pass in the hand of too many translators, terms and names changed from chapter to chapter. No wonder no translators truly wants to help out. It's a shame.
  • Senros said:

Oh, I see. Crap, well there still are other translators who could help translation nations out. But yeah, I know a bit about the drama of Stellar Transformation. The no spoilers thread of ST in spcnet at the end... Anyways, I just want to know if there is a translator in WW that has the time to help translating ST. If there are no translators, then I will have to wait like 5-10 years to read it. Meanwhile I will see if I learn chinese myself.

I totally sympathize with you, Senros. I myself stopped reading ST shortly before He-man disappeared, and then all the drama happened, so we are both sort of in the same boat. However, as Random Reader pointed out, it's unlikely that any translators here would be willing to help out. Sadly, this is one of the sucky consequences of the translation poaching that we WW translators detest so much.

That having been said, I'm sure the translation will get finished by somebody at some point.

As for learning Chinese, it's totally doable. I started learning Chinese because of wuxia novels, and it took me about 4 years to get to the point where I felt confident enough to start translating.
    How much time per day or per week did you spend learning chinese in those four years? And Deathblade did you learn it through a class or in the internet or how? Maybe if I learn chinese and get good enough to translate a book, then maybe I will help translations nations or whoever is translating ST at that time. Then I will spend a week doing nothing than reading ST from the beginning to the end :D but yeah TakeshiKudo its a shame that no one has the time to help out with ST and that it passed through so many hands. I remember book 11 were there were like 5 different translators and all named the characters different. The differences were minor but still they were annoying after 10 books of He-man, though I am glad that at least someone continued translating the story. That for me is enough :)