Potential for audio recordings of various novels?

I'm no translator. I barely even understand how Chinese names work other than pronunciation. Thus in order to give to the great Wuxiaworld Translation Sect in some way for all the many chapters it translated to us outer disciples, I was contemplating recording one of the ongoing or most likely one of the finished novels so that others could listen to it as an audiobook. I have no experience in this so I'd research how its done before I start. Also if no one is particularly interested or if there are such audiobooks in existence out there (I haven't really bothered to look to be honest), I won't waste my time in doing so.

In any case, what does everyone think about chapter recording?

Comments

• Someone tried it already. As far as I know I was the only one who commented on it. Even though I am no fan of audiobooks I gave a fair feedback. But to summarize his work in one word: Badly done.

Obviously I pointed out where he lacked.
  • lail said:
    Someone tried it already. As far as I know I was the only one who commented on it. Even though I am no fan of audiobooks I gave a fair feedback. But to summarize his work in one word: Badly done.

Obviously I pointed out where he lacked.
    Out of curiosity, was it that he didn't like taking criticism or did he just go into silence mode and not respond to your criticism?

Naturally if I do decide to spend time on this, I would make sure I made something of decent quality and hand it over to the public to judge it. If its has a few mistakes, I'd then correct what was there and try again until I've got the recipe of success. Although if the result is just plain crap, I would realize that software and equipment I used would need revision or my voice simply doesn't work out well and probably wouldn't bother. Even so, I'm merely seeing right now if people are even remotely interested in audio format of these books and won't expect interest to generate right away within only a few days of my posting this. And I'll probably post on gravitytales and reddit as well to see what interest is there.
  • Not just any scrub out there can make an audiobook just because he heard it somewhere and wants to do it too , you need a certain "talent" and most obvious you need to have a good voice , i mean i great voice and to know how to pronounce words correctly , how ,when to go low or up ,accents,etc , its not like in school where your teacher told you , you read nice, and now you thought to record an audiobook lol , no harm intended but just letting you know , go to audiobook .com thing and hear out some audiobooks and how those people read and you understand what i mean . 

P.S The guy that tried before probably was someone that i just mentioned who lacked in those things , imo the most important thing is your VOICE , the rest you can work up to , but if you have a crappy voice it won't work out , it just won't , you need that radio voice or the like .
  • Alas, there's a reason why good audiobooks cost a small fortune to make :(
  • RWX said:
    Alas, there's a reason why good audiobooks cost a small fortune to make :(
    Especially considering the equipment costs if you want to make superior quality recordings. Well I didn't create this thread to scare off myself or anyone interested in audio recordings, I'm merely speculating at the moment. If I do make an attempt, I think my voice is decent enough (the only real trouble I know I would have is pronouncing Chinese or Korean names and honorifics correctly which I will look up how to pronounce them correctly), I know It will start off bumpy but giving up at the first sign of criticism and trouble is just pointless.
  • I would also like to try this, though I don't have any good equipment or voice. And I don't speak chinese so I would definitely butcher the names. But it just seems like a fun project to do in my free time, and I can train my voice a bit. It probably wouldn't be appealing to people though.
    However if I do decide to put it online. Is that okay with wuxia world? Or is that a problem for Wuxia world since the translation is their intellectual property?
  • Has anyone tried this yet?