Immortality / Immortal (长生不死)

edited November 2017 in Other Novel Spoilers
Synopsis:

Mortal side:

Once I’ve become Immortal, then my attempt to conquer the world shall begin. I, Zhong Shan, in order establish a supreme heavenly dynasty, must marshal all the luck that I can gather to cleanse my own karma. Then I will have the strength to fight heaven itself, create a new world, and live forever.

First: Fate. Second: Luck. Third: Feng Shui. Four: Cultivate Inner Virtue. Five: Fame!

To gain eternal life. To obtain fame, one must establish a heavenly dynasty and amass the luck of the world! To cultivate inner virtue, one must establish holy sites and accumulate an immeasurable amount of merit! To cultivate feng shui one must learn to communicate between yin and yang and control the powers of heaven and earth! To cultivate luck, …….! To cultivate fate, ……..!

———–

Immortal side:

Ask the whole world, who can have eternal life~!

NU Page:
 http://www.novelupdates.com/series/immortal/

Current Translation: https://liberspark.com/

Questions:

What is the Red Ball?
Is it OTP or Harem?
Does the MC's ability evolve?
Does his real body always roams around or does he swap with the Shadow from time-to-time?
Why wasn't he able to have his own children in the beginning?
Does he teach his traitorous adopted sons a lesson or kill them?
Does he overthrow the king?
When does he breakthrough to the stage after Xiantian?
Does he get accepted to Kaiyang School?
What happens when he meets Zixun Fairy again? When does she fall for him? When do they become a couple?
Who is Bao'er (the woman in the portrait)?
"What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino

Comments

• yes it's harem
    he can't have  kids becasue the ball/orb 
    bao is his 1st wife
    that i all rememeber(i droped it)
  • edited December 2016
    souldz25 said:
    yes it's harem
    he can't have  kids becasue the ball/orb 
    bao is his 1st wife
    that i all rememeber(i droped it)
    The red ball makes him infertile?!
    Is his first wife dead or alive?
    Why did u drop it? Does the story become boring?
    Is it the usual offending and retaliation shit?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • yes the red ball it the cause (more prosaically the the shadow)
    she is alive but he think she's dead and he's trying to get revange for her by getting powerful.

i drop it because somewhat of the romance going with the girl from his sect/school (sect master daughter) ,you get this romance going with her then she get injured and her mother clan rescue her and take her away and than  she forgot the mc and now the  mc needs to win her hand again in competition 
    i just don't like this trope

• souldz25 said:
    yes the red ball it the cause (more prosaically the the shadow)
    she is alive but he think she's dead and he's trying to get revange for her by getting powerful.

i drop it because somewhat of the romance going with the girl from his sect/school (sect master daughter) ,you get this romance going with her then she get injured and her mother clan rescue her and take her away and than  she forgot the mc and now the  mc needs to win her hand again in competition 

So then can he ever have children?
  • Akashura said:
    souldz25 said:

idk....i drop it.
  • edited December 2016
    souldz25 said:

Is the sect master's daughter the woman he had sex with in the beginning due to aphrodisiac?
  • No.
    New Harem girl.
  • I assume it's the girl he's babysitting in the current raws. I already really dont like her. She is that trope you see in wuxia tv shows that is annoying as hell that ends up being the love interest. 
  • souldz25 said:
    Akashura said:
    souldz25 said:

idk....i drop it.
    Later all of his girl became pregnant. 
  • @XiaoZie ;

What is the Red Ball?
    Does the MC's doppelganger ability evolve?
    When does he breakthrough to the stage that is after Xiantian?
    What happens when he meets Zixun Fairy again?
  • Red ball is item from powerhouse, didnt remember about detail.
    shadow ability mc is supernatural rank 2 in the world. Later he make 2 kingdom in yang world and yin world, and shadow is king in yin world, shadow mc so op coz speed so fast and cant die.
    Ziyue fairy is tsundere.
  • edited April 2017
    A review from NU:
    Story isn't just battles and killing and smashing, but in fact goes pretty damn deep into a lot of Chinese culture that tend to be ignored in most Xianxias. Whereas most cultivation stories draw on distorting Confucianism and its precepts, this goes into the various eras of Chinese culture and turns them into different paths of cultivation as opposed to having a "buddha skill set" or a "devil skill set". Buddhism cultivates "merit/virtue" by accumulating good deeds and acting in accordance with the heavens, setting up a dynasty cultivates feng shui to power up the emperor and his subjects, typical cultivating is available too. Formation cultivators... Qichuan cultivators... Many weird and interesting Dao form an interlocking battle system that's done really well.

All in all this is also one of the only xianxia that actually incorporates dynasty politics and troops and conquering into the story well. Most of the good commander stories are usually xuanhuan where the MCs don't scale so exponentially like they do in xianxia. Xianxia as a genre finds it hard to incorporate dynasties and troops; OP characters wave their hands and all of the small turn to ash. In this novel most dynasties incorporate battlefield formations (actually a thing in ancient china) which allows their soldiers to produce a combined power far above a single cultivator, necessitating their existence far into the story.

Harem, the best and most well rounded way of dealing with harems I've ever read. Not about dual sexual cultivation or whatever nonsense but really moving individual love stories and motivations and well fleshed out female characters.
  • hey guys how is the ending, for mc and girls, does the mc stay intelligent through the novel , or does he turn into a killing machine, and is the end satisfying or is it rushed like so many chinese novels ,plz only those that have read the novel to the end in raws
  • becool said:
    hey guys how is the ending, for mc and girls, does the mc stay intelligent through the novel , or does he turn into a killing machine, and is the end satisfying or is it rushed like so many chinese novels ,plz only those that have read the novel to the end in raws
    Same with me what happens?
  • Yay, Immortal/ 长生不死
     is up on LNMTL! https://lnmtl.com/novel/immortality

Those who bravely walk on the path of MTL, kindly use the 'Add Glossary Term' button to pave a path for your successors!

• Does he ever meet his adopted sons again?
  • Any spoilers on the cultivation levels?
  • What happened to Bao'er?

Does he ever meet his adopted sons again?
    Where I am he killed one, they are really the most ungrateful bunch ever.
  • ramonkad said:
    What happened to Bao'er?

Where I am he killed one, they are really the most ungrateful bunch ever
    Gan Bao'er will back later. The storylines between the mc and his wives were good at the start. Beyond 1000 chapters however (possibly even earlier) they slowly turned into a footnote.

Sadly, this is one of those novels which just don't give a proper ending (regarding the females and the mc). The author basically started rushing the story after around 1200 chapters. No more deliberate scenarios, just empire building with no real storylines behind them. 

Regarding the sons, some have plausible plots on why they betrayed him and eventually do come back. His youngest son however, the way he came back was total bullshit and the author was just rushing at that point.

I really enjoyed this novel at the start. The ending however, was a total failure, which was quite sad.
  • Commet said:
    ramonkad said:
    What happened to Bao'er?

Where I am he killed one, they are really the most ungrateful bunch ever
    Gan Bao'er will back later. The storylines between the mc and his wives were good at the start. Beyond 1000 chapters however (possibly even earlier) they slowly turned into a footnote.

Sadly, this is one of those novels which just don't give a proper ending (regarding the females and the mc). The author basically started rushing the story after around 1200 chapters. No more deliberate scenarios, just empire building with no real storylines behind them. 

Regarding the sons, some have plausible plots on why they betrayed him and eventually do come back. His youngest son however, the way he came back was total bullshit and the author was just rushing at that point.

I really enjoyed this novel at the start. The ending however, was a total failure, which was quite sad.
    How does the novel end?
  • Nabcake said:
    How does the novel end?
    Mc becomes Transcendent of his world.

• Akashura said:

Questions:

What is the Red Ball?
    Is it OTP or Harem?
    Does the MC's ability evolve?
    Does his real body always roams around or does he swap with the Shadow from time-to-time?
    Why wasn't he able to have his own children in the beginning?
    Does he teach his traitorous adopted sons a lesson or kill them?
    Does he overthrow the king?
    When does he breakthrough to the stage after Xiantian?
    Does he get accepted to Kaiyang School?
    What happens when he meets Zixun Fairy again? When does she fall for him? When do they become a couple?
    Who is Bao'er (the woman in the portrait)?
    1. Red ball is the bead type weapon of human ancestor who has created grand heaven and founded the first dynasty. at the beginning of the universe there are 4 worlds. 3 weak and 1 strong. mc's world is weak and gets invaded by the transcended of the strong world. human ancestor sacrifices his meat body and occupies the body of transcended and seals himself into the read ball. then Hong Jun finds it and sends it to the earth. mc finds it and that is where everything begins. 
    2. It is harem and I will give details in another post
    3. He has lots of abilities . he gets two heavenly scriptures , red luan and 10000 shadow heavenly scriptures. With red luan he is immune to aphrodisiac , gets an eye ability where one eye blesses and other curses people. With shadow scripture he gets clone bodies with half strength and also an eye technique of samsara which grinds everything to nothingness etc.
    4.at the beginning his real body roams around most of the time and when it is necessary for shadow body to be in charge for bypassing formations, for example, he swaps bodies. and in the middle of the series his real body stays in yang world and shadow body in yin world.
    5. Because his main and shadow body are separated. he knows he will have children when they fuse together.
    6. He is disappointed with them. As a father he does not want to kill them. one of them repeatedly tries to kill him and at the end he falls off the cliff and dies. mc even buries his body. so essentially he does not hate them. And other sons come back to him.
    7.Yes. he has an agreement with the father of king that he will not rebel as long as king does not plot against him. but they break the agreement and he overthrows the king and makes himself the king.
    8. it is called golden core stage and when he breaks through he leaves heavenly wolf island and travels to main island called divine state to learn about the governmental system , gather talents for his kingdom etc.
    9.He gets accepted to the school by using the jade slip . in this slip there is information about the betrayal of a clan who is enemies with the family of Bei Qingsi who is senior sister of mc in kaiyang sect. Bei Qingsi' s father is the friend of sect master. so he gets accepted.
    10. Zixun is an elder of the sect who resides in the mainland and mc is in the small island called heavenly wolf island. Zixun comes back to island to select 3 disciples to take back to mainland to work in one of the 3 empires as an official. Zixun tries to forget that memory with mc but when she sees him at the sect, she gets shocked . eventually she selects him . as mc gets renowned in mainland they meet a few times. later she wants mc to abandon all his empresses and choose her and of course mc refuses. at the end they get together.
    11. Baoer is his 2. wife. She was taken as a disciple by the sect master of a famous pill sect. her master does not allow her to go home till she learns all the knowledge her teacher pass on to her.