Forty Millenniums of Cultivation (修真四万年)

Synopsis:

In another world where cultivation is possible, around 40000 years later our protagonist Li Yao who makes his living collecting scrap metal has a fortuitous encounter with the soul of a titan powerhouse from the ancient past.

NU Page:
 http://www.novelupdates.com/series/forty-millenniums-of-cultivation/

Questions:

Does the story have anything unique that makes it different other xuanhuan & xianxia novels?
Does the novel have a main plotline or just offending and retaliation crap?
Is it OTP or Harem?
MC's powers?
"What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino

Comments

• The story has two parts. The first part(about 100 chapters) is not interesting(just a normal one). The rest is awesome.

The story gets some inspiration from the Three Body.

This story tells someting about the future xianxia world(what you usually read is called the ancient xianxia world in this story). It looks like a Sci-Fi.

The story contains some discussion about elitism(xiuxian) and anit-elitism(xiuzhen).

This is a political satire novel."In the end, even the smallest sparks will eventually set the shadowy forest ablaze, and illuminate the whole world!” was first said by Mao Zedong.

Sometimes the negative characters are smarter than the MCs.

• @jinsiyu ;

Is it OTP or Harem?
    How much is the Actualization Quotient of the MC by the time of the university entrance exams?
    Is he OP or just slightly more powerful than his peers?
    What happens to that girl from his school?
    "What fun would it be to become the king of the Tower? Tell Zahard to keep his boring seat. I will get out of the Tower." - Urek Mazino
  • Akashura said:
    @jinsiyu ;

Is it OTP or Harem?
    How much is the Actualization Quotient of the MC by the time of the university entrance exams?
    Is he OP or just slightly more powerful than his peers?
    What happens to that girl from his school?

1.have a main plotline

2.not harem

3.No.1 in his city

4.slightly. he is unique because he has 3 different memories(1.his own.2 his previous life's(our technique life) 3.an ancient master's). This makes him smarter than others, but not more powerful.

5.nothing happened. the author maybe forget her.

The author wanted to write a normal harem novel at first, but then he found that he was good at writing Sci-Fi. Now the book becomes popular, but not because of the first 100 chapters.

• This is a very good series and one of my favorites. 

This is a sci-fi Xuanhuan series, where cultivation and modern society coexist marvelously. Cultivators and average people live harmoniously and have their own niche in the society. There are no different realms/worlds, but only one - the universe or as it is said in series - the Xinghai (The sea of stars), where various races occupy the different stars. 

One of the most appreciative thing in this series is that it is full of logic and reasoning. There are many things in normal Xianxia/Xuanhuan which we have to take it up for granted without any explanation (for example so called heavenly tribulations or birth of humanity etc), in this series it is all explained with logic. I have to say the imagination of author is too fierce. 

This series breaks many cliches found in other xianxia/xuanhuan series, which makes it a breath of fresh air. The way MC and antagonists fight each other using plots and schemes is just amazing. 

I found a very good and detailed review of this series here : Link
  • So what happens with the guy that's paying the mc for sparring with him and the top 2 fighters in his school?
  • @jinsiyu which school does he choose to join in the current translation?
  • Can someone give details on any romance or harem with details 
  • edited January 2017
    I think there's romance, but it's not harem. I mean... It could be a harem, just... It's all very ambiguous.

Let's just say that this story isn't focused on the love aspect.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • Alverost said:
    @jinsiyu which school does he choose to join in the current translation?
    He will make his decision in Chapter 96, and the translation is at Chapter 56 now. So you could wait until then... Or I can tell you here.
    He will enter Grand Desolate War Institution. But it will be a little different from what you thought. After all the descriptions you read about this school are actually all Big Dong's "opinion".

• edited January 2017
    Hexwolfx said:
    Can someone give details on any romance or harem with details 
    No harem so far. By "far" I mean up to date to the raw "far". 
    He will have a wife, someone already appeared. There are no harem. Generally speaking, he is just too busy saving the world to start a harem. And his wife may smash his head if he has such intention.

• edited January 2017
    @lancentyuan ;

Why did the MC choose the Grand Desolate War Institutution instead of Deep Sea University?

And as for his wife, you said, "someone already appeared". Does that mean she has already appeared in the translated chapters?
  • @lancentyuan ;
    the way you phrase that makes me think that he married the girl from the great desolate war institude lol
  • edited January 2017
    Akashura said:
    @lancentyuan ;;;

Why did the MC choose the Grand Desolate War Institutution instead of Deep Sea University?

And as for his wife, you said, "someone already appeared". Does that mean she has already appeared in the translated chapters?
    He got hurt in the end of the competition and was considered "useless". But actually, he became way more stronger. Everyone else left but Ding Lingdang stayed and helped him training. Then he got No.1 in the exams but chose to go to Artificing Department of Grand Desolate War Institute. He wanted to challenge the No. 1 position of  Deep Sea U in Artificing, Don Quixote style. 
    Yes, she had already appeared in the translation.

The story after he went to college will be more interesting.

• edited January 2017
    Akashura said:
    @lancentyuan ;;;;;;;

He got hurt in the end of the competition and was considered "useless". But actually, he became way more stronger. Everyone else left but Ding Lingdang stayed and helped him training. Then he got No.1 in the exams but chose to go to Artificing Department of Grand Desolate War Institute. He wanted to challenge the No. 1 position of  Deep Sea U in Artificing, Don Quixote style. 

Why was he considered "useless"?

How did he become even stronger?

Why did Ding Lingdang stick with him even after everyone else left?

Is Ding Lingdang his wife?

• Akashura said:
    Akashura said:
    @lancentyuan ;;;;;;;

Why was he considered "useless"?

How did he become even stronger?

Why did Ding Lingdang stick with him even after everyone else left?

Is Ding Lingdang his wife?

He received a mental attack, fell into a coma for a month and his AQ reduced to 7%.

His brain was actually intact and he unlocked the memories of Ou Yezi.

Ding Lingdang had some personal experience similar to him so she has faith in him.

Yes.

• lol question is does his wife stay at his power level in the future or she stronger than him most of it? 
  • @lancentyuan ;

Around which chapter did Li Yao confess to Ding Lingdang? And what were the circumstances then?
  • @Akashura ;

It starts from a drunk scene in c225. Before that he treated her like a sister, or more like a bro. Then he saw her drunk and learned her past. The relationship develops and the official confess is at c299. Romance is not a big part in this novel after all. 

• @Akashura ;

It starts from a drunk scene in c225. Before that he treated her like a sister, or more like a bro. Then he saw her drunk and learned her past. The relationship develops and the official confess is at c299. Romance is not a big part in this novel after all. 

• what are the fiend's like in terms of hierarchy and social structure? do they hate the humans or is it more mixed?
  • edited January 2017
    @Akashura ;;;;
    Was Li Yao the one who confessed to Lingdang or was it her who confessed to him instead?
    And what were the circumstances during confession? (For example, before a battle or something)
  • edited January 2017
    Are you guys using spoilers tags
    Because all im seeing is a box with three dots inside it which i cant open?
    EDIT: nvm i can open them now

• Are you guys using spoilers tags
    Because all im seeing is a box with three dots inside it which i cant open?
    EDIT: nvm i can open them now

You may need refrease your browser,or use a diffrent internet( Crome,fire fox,or expoler)  
  • edited January 2017
    what are the fiend's like in terms of hierarchy and social structure? do they hate the humans or is it more mixed?

The fiends have a central government, which is a religious one called Myriad Fiend Palace. Theoretically they rule the whole fiend race. But there are also different races among fiends, like the feather, the scale, the claw, etc. They all have their own leaders and rules. There in a clear hierarchy, more like the Caste system in India. There are Saint Blood, Silver Blood, Bronze Blood and Black Blood, plus the Untouchable which is the mix blood. I forgot some detail and there is a huge back story behind this system and the origin of fiend race. I would hate to spoil you with all that. It will take too much fun.

• Akashura said:
    Was Li Yao the one who confessed to Lingdang or was it her who confessed to him instead?
    And what were the circumstances during confession? (For example, before a battle or something)
    Li Yao confessed first. It was after a successful test drive show of the new crystal armor Li Yao's university developed. The two of them were the pilots of the two armors and they fought a fierce battle in front of a lot of people to show how good the crystal armor was. After that when they were back at Ding's apartment (before that, Li Yao already frequently visit Ding's apartment because they exercise together a lot), Li Yao decided to confess. 
  • edited January 2017
    Akashura said:
    Li Yao confessed first. It was after a successful test drive show of the new crystal armor Li Yao's university developed. The two of them were the pilots of the two armors and they fought a fierce battle in front of a lot of people to show how good the crystal armor was. After that when they were back at Ding's apartment (before that, Li Yao already frequently visit Ding's apartment because they exercise together a lot), Li Yao decided to confess. 
    What was her reply?
  • Cant open spoiler. Why? Why?
  • Akashura said:
    Akashura said:
    What was her reply?
    She hesitated then said yes. Then they went exercise again...
  • pretz said:
    Cant open spoiler. Why? Why?
    Maybe use another browser?
  • Akashura said:
    Akashura said:
    What was her reply?
    She hesitated then said yes. Then they went exercise again...
    lol  :D