QUESTION REGARDING WHAT THE FORCES MEANS; WUJI-FORCE, TAJI-FORCE etc.

As the title says, im wondering what the different forces in DE are, and what they mean. How they are used etc.
Thanks

Comments

• Only swordforce and heartforce were explained. As for the others? No explanations were given. We just know of them because it is mentioned that the enemy is using it when JN fights them.
  • Ok, thanks :)
  • Well, what does it mean when they say "Wuji" or "Taji"? An English word for them?
  • with the exception of heartforce the other forces are the embodiment of their chosen paths which can be used as they see fit for example sword force is a force that embodies the power of the sword without sword force you need an actual sword to display it's power but with sword force you can channel the power of a sword through other means ji ning through swordforce can treat his fingers as swords to his opponent there is no difference between his fingers and an actual sword of course if he channels his sword force through actual swords he gets a multiplication type boost to his power so sword force through fingers is 2 but through swords is 4 the higher the level of sword force the bigger the boost the same is true for similar forces such as saberforce, taji force ect the different forces are just different combat paths how they are used and there effects are the same with the only difference being the medium they use someone using swordforce will apply it the same way someone with sabreforce would but the difference between the 2 forces themselves would be the same as the difference between a sword and a sabre and this carries over to the other forces with the exception of forces like heart force which are internal powers
  • DMRDMR
    edited December 2016
    But what IS "Wuji" and "Taji"???
  • DMR said:
    But what IS "Wuji" and "Taji"???
    If you read the chapter where Feiyou uses Taiji (it's not spelled Taji) and Wuji force, you should know what they mean from RWX's footnote. I'll copy paste it here though.

"This phrase, ‘Wuji births Taiji’, is one of the most famous phrases in Daoism, and you can find out more in the ‘basic primer to Daoism’ on Wuxiaworld. Wuji means ‘infinity’ or ‘limitless’, while Taiji means ‘the supreme’. The full saying is, Wuji gives birth to Taiji, which gives birth to (the duality of) Liangyi. The duality is known as Yin and Yang, and the transformations of Yin and Yang are known as the (four phenomenon) Sixiang, which are reflected within the world as the (eight trigrams) Bagua. You can think of it as 0 => 1 => 2 => 4 => 8 "

Seems to me that the forces are all from technique based Daos, such as sword, saber, taiji, rather than nature based ones.

It's not super important though, and IET never really explains the other forces besides swordforce and heartforce in great detail.
  • Every other force is the same as Sword forces. Heart force is its own category 
  • That is a good point huntermad. Heartforce is explained to be more of a cultivation path of it's own like ki or fiendgod refiners. 

All the other forces seem to be about the application of a particular doa and how it interacts with the heavenly doas.
  • Ethereal said:
    That is a good point huntermad. Heartforce is explained to be more of a cultivation path of it's own like ki or fiendgod refiners. 

All the other forces seem to be about the application of a particular doa and how it interacts with the heavenly doas.
    How do you cultivate using heartforce tho? ..... like do you become world god if you train enough?
    my grammar sucks ;(
  • edited December 2016
    Rule71 said:
    Ethereal said:
    That is a good point huntermad. Heartforce is explained to be more of a cultivation path of it's own like ki or fiendgod refiners. 

How do you cultivate using heartforce tho? ..... like do you become world god if you train enough?
    You choose one of other paths and follow them to world god/chaos immortal level(not a problem to the outside world but 3 realms didn't have that luxury) as the one who managed to awanken the talents in heartforce would have no problem reaching there with enough time and resources. After that, ones can become dao Lord using one of the dao he/she chose and studied or one could choose dao of heart.Not Choosing dao of heart doesn't mean one would become weaker than the one chose to specilaized in daoheart as lv6 can be reached by both. The problem is that he must study his other dao to increase his dao Lord rank while daoheart dao Lords only need to study one dao.
  • Does ji Ning ever fuse heart force and sword force into swordheadt force or something like that in the latter books?
  • edited January 2017
    Skykingx said:
    Does ji Ning ever fuse heart force and sword force into swordheadt force or something like that in the latter books?
    He already did that with the heart sword forms. Those forms were the best in JN'S Galaxy bar none. The guy who created those forms were considered the strongest swordman of the galaxy until JN usurp him and expected to be able to go toe to toe with Ruler/Overlord class while being a Emperor 
  • 2 Questions:

1) Are lvl 6 forces the limit or is there lvl 7,8,9 etc

2) In the conclave of immortal destiny the grand dad of mortality is introduced as one of the most supreme grand daos. Is it ever mentioned after Ning leaves 3realms? Like mortality-force or complete dao of mortality?
  • lvl 6 forces are implied as being at the world god level if there is a level after world god then there is a seventh level
    the dao of morality is in reference to karmic luck and sin and that to master this dao is to master karma itself
  • lvl 6 forces are implied as being at the world god level if there is a level after world god then there is a seventh level
    the dao of morality is in reference to karmic luck and sin and that to master this dao is to master karma itself
    I'm pretty sure they stop putting levels on forces after the World God level (the importance of forces kinda drops off later).
    After Ji Ning reaches the 6th level of swordforce, for the next few volumes, his progress in the sword is mostly described in terms of his Brightmoon Sword Arts.

Also, there is a Dao of Karma. If I recall correctly, there is a Karma Supreme.
    I don't think Dao of Mortality = Dao of Karma, though. Are you sure the terms are the same in the raws?
  • zyar12 said:
    lvl 6 forces are implied as being at the world god level if there is a level after world god then there is a seventh level
    I'm pretty sure they stop putting levels on forces after the World God level (the importance of forces kinda drops off later).
    After Ji Ning reaches the 6th level of swordforce, for the next few volumes, his progress in the sword is mostly described in terms of his Brightmoon Sword Arts.

I don't think Dao of Mortality = Dao of Karma, though. Are you sure the terms are the same in the raws?
    morality is linked to karma if you are a good person karma is good to you if you are evil karma will punish you morality is what defines good and evil as such master morality and you will master karma
  • zyar12 said:
    lvl 6 forces are implied as being at the world god level if there is a level after world god then there is a seventh level

morality is linked to karma if you are a good person karma is good to you if you are evil karma will punish you morality is what defines good and evil as such master morality and you will master karma
    The question asked about the Dao of Mortality. Morality =/= Mortality.

Mortality in the raws is literally "life death", so I assume that the Grand Dao of Mortality is part of the Heavenly Dao of Life.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a Dao of Morality in DE. Your thoughts on morality and karma have nothing to do with the Daos in the story.

• zyar12 said:
    zyar12 said:

The question asked about the Dao of Mortality. Morality =/= Mortality.

Mortality in the raws is literally "life death", so I assume that the Grand Dao of Mortality is part of the Heavenly Dao of Life.

Pretty sure there is no such thing as a Dao of Morality in DE. Your thoughts on morality and karma have nothing to do with the Daos in the story.

you are just assuming that morality is related to the dao of life why is your theory valid but mine isn't. karma is also part of life and death Buddhism believes if you life a good life you will reincarnate into a higher plain after death  and we already saw the 6 paths of reincarnation at the start of the story ji ning led a good first life and was supposed to reincarnate into the diva realm but didn't because of the attack. if morality does translate to life death then my theory of it relating to karma is still valid and it is more likely that the dao of morality or "life death" is a fusion of the daos of life, death and karma
  • the dao is called grand Dao of Mortality not Morality.
    If it was Morality then maybe but Mortality has something to do with life or death nothing else.
  • karoman said:
    the dao is called grand Dao of Mortality not Morality.
    If it was Morality then maybe but Mortality has something to do with life or death nothing else.
    well now i feel like an idiot totally missed that i was reading mortality wrong this whole time.