How does Beirut make godspark weapons?

edited September 2015 in Coiling Dragon Spoilers
I have been wondering for quite a while as to how exactly does beruit make god spark weapons. It has been explicitly said that bebe eats divine sparks so i am assuming that beruit too eats divine sparks and " processes" them. After eating the processing most likely is digesting and so does that mean that beruit shits godspark weapons. and if he does shit does that mean after eating so many divine sparks he only shits once a thousand years and that too super hard weapons which are extremely rare and powerful. and if he does shit them, considering how hard these weapons are don't they hurt him in the process of coming out. PLEASE ENLIGHTEN. 

P.S its super weird that a dagger and a sword comes out of beiruits ass and are treated as some great weapons 
P.S.S this thing is super super wierd imaging that linely custom orderd a piece of beiruits shit.
P.S.S.S basically that just means that beiruit can shit anything and that will be super hard (talk about plumbing problems)

AND THANK YOU FOR THESE AWESOME TRANSLATIONS. YOUR HARD WORK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Comments

• He can simply enlarge his body and spit it back out from his mouth
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • Caladbolg said:

He can simply enlarge his body and spit it back out from his mouth

so basically people tend to custom order beruits spit....
  • and this username was specifically made to troll rwx because he tends to welcome people by their username for eg " welcome to community xyz" but for some reason he didn't welcome me .... i wonder why ... lol , anyways now i cant change my username or delete this account 
  • Community grew too large and his is too busy lately to welcome every new person in the comments ;)
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • Caladbolg said:

lols I was thinking either he just barfs it up, or shat them out. One or the other. Just hope no one asks for a mouth guard
  • by not typing in all caps
  • daddy said:

Caladbolg said:

Not exactly. Let's think about this critically. How are Divine Abilities used? What occurs when they are performed?

When each person performs a divine ability, a translucent form appears above their body. When Bebe, for instance, consumes a divine spark a giant translucent rat appears over his head. The rat then opens its mouth and pulls in the spark, as if it would when sucking air.

Yes, Bebe or Beruit refers to the processing as digesting and being "full". However, this could also mean something different and is lost in translation. Digest can mean many things, not all of them are literal. Even in English.

I think it would be better to view the entire process as something outside their physical body. Given the appearance of the translucent figures, you can infer that the spark is most likely consumed and processed by their soul. After all, Linley has hinted quite a few times that the azure light in his soul that blocked a few soul attacks was tied to his Dragonblood line, which was the precursor to his divine abilities before the baptism.

Given that, Godeater Rats most likely have an area in their soul where sparks are refined and can be molded and forged into something else. It'd be too cumbersome to deal with otherwise as in Xianxia, the soul/dantian is a limitless space that's only bounded by cultivation. This is most likely also why the rat's bodies are so developed. Any excess is circulated through the meridians and into the body's cells while the energy nourishes the soul.

Should one choose to make a weapon, just like all other bound items it is sent out of the soul space with a thought and into the physical world.
  • Good try, however...
    Beirut swallows the Sparks, and refines them.
    What stays left, is the essence of the spark itself, which he forms into a weapon and or armour depending on what he's making.

I assume he can just form it outside his body once he has the Refined Spark Essence.
  • Moved to CD spoilers
  • Alvastar said:

daddy said:

Caladbolg said:

Not exactly. Let's think about this critically. How are Divine Abilities used? What occurs when they are performed?

When each person performs a divine ability, a translucent form appears above their body. When Bebe, for instance, consumes a divine spark a giant translucent rat appears over his head. The rat then opens its mouth and pulls in the spark, as if it would when sucking air.

Yes, Bebe or Beruit refers to the processing as digesting and being "full". However, this could also mean something different and is lost in translation. Digest can mean many things, not all of them are literal. Even in English.

I think it would be better to view the entire process as something outside their physical body. Given the appearance of the translucent figures, you can infer that the spark is most likely consumed and processed by their soul. After all, Linley has hinted quite a few times that the azure light in his soul that blocked a few soul attacks was tied to his Dragonblood line, which was the precursor to his divine abilities before the baptism.

Given that, Godeater Rats most likely have an area in their soul where sparks are refined and can be molded and forged into something else. It'd be too cumbersome to deal with otherwise as in Xianxia, the soul/dantian is a limitless space that's only bounded by cultivation. This is most likely also why the rat's bodies are so developed. Any excess is circulated through the meridians and into the body's cells while the energy nourishes the soul.

Should one choose to make a weapon, just like all other bound items it is sent out of the soul space with a thought and into the physical world.
    i'm sorry to say that what u are refering to when beirut/bebe is using there IDA are actually wrong, when they use there IDA it is used as an attack, so for it to work the target needs to still have a soul(be alive), and in the current book that RWX is translating it is also stated that bebe can eat DS even without using his IDA. and we are told that when beirut/bebe are eating DS it will strengthen their body, and the soul in bebes divine sea is his real soul form.
    Leylin said:

Good try, however...

Beirut swallows the Sparks, and refines them.
    What stays left, is the essence of the spark itself, which he forms into a weapon and or armour depending on what he's making.

I assume he can just form it outside his body once he has the Refined Spark Essence.
    yep from what i got from it leylin your explaination is the most accurate that have been given right now.

also in the book where linley ask beirut to make him his godspark armor/weapon beirut also stated that if the item that is ask to be made is to big it might not be possible for him to make it, and that is why godspark items is usually so small like around the size of a dagger or something like that if they are made into weapons
  • first of all. you add P's not S's. P.S.= post script. adding more scripts on the end means something completely different than post.

here's generally how i think this godspark item stuff works out.

beirut or bebe 'eats' the spark. it's digested, at which point if not controlled the essence will naturally fuse into all the parts of the body making them stronger, to the point that only sovereigns can harm them. but with practice, a godeater rat can stop the essence from fusing with the body and instead concentrate/compress/solidify it into items. my best guess is beirut makes these items inside his soul space, (he could maybe also make them outside his body but that seems needlessly hard since he'd have to deal with the essence trying to dissapate.) anyways he makes these things in his soul space and then brings them out when it's finished.

on a side note: after reaching deity level, i don't think anyone shits or pisses. the reason i say this is that they can just use divine energy to break up the things they eat or drink (the reason why everyone drinks oceans of wine and nobody gets drunk)

on another side note: i don't think beirut can make godspark soul protecting artifacts. and by that i mean like he can armor and weapons. godspark items seem to be 'sterile', as in they don't possess any natural abilities other than the godsparks natural indestructableness. bebe's dagger never showed any special abilities, and linley's mirage other than being extremely sharp also didn't have anything special about it. and gislason's gloves also showed no specialties. so from this i've gathered that a soul protecting godspark item would have to be cultivated like any other soul protecting artifact. not sure how much it would compare to highgod and sovereign ones though.