Burst Dantians and Ruined Cultivation

Friends,
It is a common theme in the stories for someone to have their Dantian destroyed and they're ruined for life. One thing that ticks me off is the MC who ruptures someone's Dantian, lets them live and believes he's being merciful. Personally I believe that it is sheer Sadism to leave someone alive in that condition and it would be a great kindness to go ahead and kill them—but be that as it may.
In one story the MC's brother's Dantian is busted and he kills someone; harvests their Dantian and gives his brother a transplant. I also have read at least three stories where the MC has a ruined Dantian yet recovers due to freakish circumstances.
I wonder—I would very much enjoy a story about an Alchemist/Cultivator/Physician who manages to find a way to repair or replace ruined Dantians. I've also wondered if a beast core might not make a good substitute Dantian—and recently I read a story where that was done—but once again it was only viable because the MC had other freakish talents.
I write and I've tried to write such a story—but to really be satisfying it really should be set in a traditional setting and I give my own weird twist to everything I write.
Imagine in a world like "ISSTH" or "MGA" or somewhere similar where the MC (or supporting character) hangs out a shingle saying: "I can fix Dantians."
As a side note: Several adult squirrels will sometimes corner a young male and castrate him to eliminate a future rival. I rarely make value judgements about nature but that thoroughly disgusts me. The Cultivators ruining the Cultivation of rivals strikes me as exactly the same type of abhorrent action.

Saxon Violence 

Comments

• I think it needs someone powerful enough to fix it and they have to be quick. I know in some stories their cultivation starts to lower- I picture it as a balloon with a hole- and someone strong enough needs to stop it from draining. If it doesn't get fixed quick enough then they have to start cultivation from the beginning but also keep in mind most stories also say it's more difficult and they lost the best time to cultivate (while young).
    sometimes the dantian can't be fixed without extremely expensive pills which isn't worth it for a sect to spend on just anyone or the average disciple. 
  • Honestly, i would be a lot more satisfied if there was a story in which the MC has a truly broken dantian (unfixable no matter what) and he pursues a different path then all the other cultivators that make him godly powerful. ST does something similar to this but not quite because qin yu still inherited the technique. He just perfected it, not invented it.
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• BookWorm said:
    Honestly, i would be a lot more satisfied if there was a story in which the MC has a truly broken dantian (unfixable no matter what) and he pursues a different path then all the other cultivators that make him godly powerful. ST does something similar to this but not quite because qin yu still inherited the technique. He just perfected it, not invented it.
    I completely disagree, the first couple of stages were mapped out for him, but more than half of the whole thing was his own creation
  • starkpyre said:
    BookWorm said:
    Honestly, i would be a lot more satisfied if there was a story in which the MC has a truly broken dantian (unfixable no matter what) and he pursues a different path then all the other cultivators that make him godly powerful. ST does something similar to this but not quite because qin yu still inherited the technique. He just perfected it, not invented it.
    I completely disagree, the first couple of stages were mapped out for him, but more than half of the whole thing was his own creation
    That's why i said that ST does something similar. I want an MC who makes his own path from the very beginning, not perfect someone else's path.
    Understand basic grammar:
    Your vs You're
    There vs Their vs They're
    Defiantly vs Definitely
    Loose vs Lose
    Than vs Then
    To vs Too
    NO 'Should/Could of'

• iv read a novel in which the MC give his dantian to his best friend by his own volition,because his friend's was been destroyed.And,to become strong again(without a dantian),he started learn to fight by controling zombies and puppets,thus be considered as a devil.Though the MC is quite a good man,he finally died in the battle as everyone viewed him as a devil.
    But dont worry,of course he was reborn.