Hey, I need help identifying a novel.

What I remember from this novel isn't the beginning. About the middle. So the novel I'm looking for had the MC involved with these 5 crow tribes. Each tribe is devoted towards this 'totem' level magical beast. The tribe the MC was involved in had a tree 'totem'. He was given this set of wolves, which he feeds this demon essence to make them extremely powerful and some of his beasts go through evolution(s). The MC and this team of other people work together to infiltrate the tribes in order to attain some treasured artifact. Within the dimension they broke into, there's this metal bird, who was guarding a tree. The powers involved in this situation was totems, immortals, magical beast raising. 

The MC himself was an immortal, and he ends up becoming the totem for the tribe itself. Then he leads them to flee to the Blacklands and has to fight his way out. The Blacklands was the region between two areas which was like a raised cliff in comparison to the region they were fleeing. The reason for running was because of a massive flood that has life-stealing rain, and the entire 'basin' would be filled into an ocean from the rains. After he leads his tribe to escape, he seeks the power of something to do with death. To get this power, he sits at the bottom of this deadly ocean. 

**There's also this super powered parrot that loves penetrating furry animal's butts, an invulnerable meat jelly that can eat tribulation lightning, and a magic mirror that can copy anything. *Key points I should remember what story, but I don't**. Just remembered when I got to this point. 

I had the extreme desire to read this again. Please tell me if you recognize it. 

Comments

• I Shall Seal the Heavens
    “But I don’t want to go among mad people" Alice remarked
    "Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
  • I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Thanks a lot! I had bookmarked all of the novels I've read, but I couldn't seem to grasp which one it was after my digging. Thanks a bunch. I was actually just sitting at lunch between classes and memories of this story hit me. I was hooked as I tried drawing detail after detail trying to remember where it was from.
  • Stryker said:
    I Shall Seal the Heavens
    Thanks a lot! I had bookmarked all of the novels I've read, but I couldn't seem to grasp which one it was after my digging. Thanks a bunch. I was actually just sitting at lunch between classes and memories of this story hit me. I was hooked as I tried drawing detail after detail trying to remember where it was from.
    That whole Black Lands arc with the totems and neo-demons was the worst of the story. ISSTH is going to get crazy good once you get a little farther. For sure my favorite story on the site.
  • Stryker said:
    I Shall Seal the Heavens
    That whole Black Lands arc with the totems and neo-demons was the worst of the story. ISSTH is going to get crazy good once you get a little farther. For sure my favorite story on the site.