Summary of the REST CD ( Major spoilers Alert XD )

Comments

• in other words coiling dragon was a great series with a lot of opness then extreme opness near the end and then ended half-assedly. 
    japanese mangas always do this crap but i didnt think chinese novels would be the same.... 
    i cant tell if the authors are idiots or geniuses... (geniuses for the story, idiots for the endings.)
    well i guess it just means the saying theres a thin line between an idiot and a genius :/
     lol.

i await a day i find an amazing op story with a great ending!!

• in other words coiling dragon was a great series with a lot of opness then extreme opness near the end and then ended half-assedly. 

japanese mangas always do this crap but i didnt think chinese novels would be the same.... 
    i cant tell if the authors are idiots or geniuses... (geniuses for the story, idiots for the endings.)
    well i guess it just means the saying theres a thin line between an idiot and a genius :/
     lol.

i await a day i find an amazing op story with a great ending!!

at least japanese manga's have legitimate reasons for there endings (aka the 'ax'). but i think the reason why so many 'xianxia' style stories have 'not so good' endings is because they put all their effort into the story but when it comes to the ending they just don't care anymore since it's the end. like it doesn't matter to them if the ending's bad.

but if you want people who can't give a proper ending, even if their life depended on it. all you have to do is look at the south koreans. i swear 90% of the korean stories i've read have some of the worst endings i've ever seen. i read this one romance story, at the end, all of a sudden the bro dies, for no fucking reason, he was just killed at the end for the hell of it, and the ending was sudden as hell, like one chapter plot is strong, next chapter the bro dies and the couple morn, the end. so yeah, while i still read some of the webtoons (soul cartel and the gamer- for casual reading) i've basically given up on anything korean.
  • Vexram said:

i still think it's possible to fuse with a higher grade sov spark. after all. unless you can upgrade your own spark on your own, thats the only reasonable possibility. otherwise, even though you might get lucky to get a low sov spark. you'd be forever a weakling among sovereigns.

I dont think its posssible because there is a fixed number of sovereigns, if a sovereign fuse with a better spark thats one spark less in the multiverse
  • El_vago said:

Vexram said:

i still think it's possible to fuse with a higher grade sov spark. after all. unless you can upgrade your own spark on your own, thats the only reasonable possibility. otherwise, even though you might get lucky to get a low sov spark. you'd be forever a weakling among sovereigns.

I dont think its posssible because there is a fixed number of sovereigns, if a sovereign fuse with a better spark thats one spark less in the multiverse
    Maybe the body ejects the lower sovereign spark or maybe the natural world makes another spark somewhere else.
  • edited October 2015
    Chosen said:

El_vago said:

Vexram said:

Maybe the body ejects the lower sovereign spark or maybe the natural world makes another spark somewhere else.
    No once you're fuse with a low/med/high sovereign spark you are at that level there is no swapping of sparks to change your level. The only way to change your level as a sovereign is to ask an overgod and that means completing the overgod mission which is impossible for any lesser or medium sovereign
  • After reading Book 20, Chapter 21.
    As i understand:
    1) Strength of your divine powers comes from strength of your soul, which strenghering your body.
    2) Each profound mystery increase your soul capacity!
    3) The profounds mysteries itself is like technique, how to with better efficient use your divine powers.

What about profounds fusion?
    Does they increase your soul?! Or only strength power of technique?!
  • I've been wondering for a while is Grandpa Doehring related Hong Meng in anyway? It makes no sense how the fuck they can't resurrect him. Especially if he's the UC. He should be able to do anything. I wouldn't be surprise if UCs go into their universes and walk around normally. 
  • bonifide said:

I've been wondering for a while is Grandpa Doehring related Hong Meng in anyway? It makes no sense how the fuck they can't resurrect him. Especially if he's the UC. He should be able to do anything. I wouldn't be surprise if UCs go into their universes and walk around normally. 

Well, i think UCs aren't that all powerful they have got limits by the universe or whatever bigger than the univerise
  • Chosen said:

bonifide said:

I've been wondering for a while is Grandpa Doehring related Hong Meng in anyway? It makes no sense how the fuck they can't resurrect him. Especially if he's the UC. He should be able to do anything. I wouldn't be surprise if UCs go into their universes and walk around normally. 

Well, i think UCs aren't that all powerful they have got limits by the universe or whatever bigger than the univerise

You are making no sense... They CREATE the universes and live OUTSIDE those so they can't be bound or limited by the universe I suppose they limit the universe in any case
  • Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

You are making no sense... They CREATE the universes and live OUTSIDE those so they can't be bound or limited by the universe I suppose they limit the universe in any case
    acutally he's right UC's aren't all powerful. they are inside 'their' universe but outside it, their power is limited by their UC path, and if they are inside another universe then they are under the control of that universe's UC, although if that UC is weak compared to the one that entered then it probably doesn't matter much. only in 'hong meng' space are all UC's more or less on an even playing ground. but as shown at the beginning of DE, UC's can die and do as DE's UC was dead. meaning that they do have limits.
  • Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

Well, what i meant there's an entity or a law or at least something that limits the UCs that's why even Hong Meng can't bring back Grandpa Doehring.
  • Chosen said:

Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

Well, what i meant there's an entity or a law or at least something that limits the UCs that's why even Hong Meng can't bring back Grandpa Doehring.

sorry I misunderstood and if it's like vexram said then i say sorry to you once again I thought that given that they create the universe, the universe they created can't restrict them
  • edited October 2015
    Chosen said:

Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

sorry I misunderstood and if it's like vexram said then i say sorry to you once again I thought that given that they create the universe, the universe they created can't restrict them
    That's a normal assumption to make with something like this. However, even though Hong Meng created the CD Universe, the Universe itself also has its own laws. Grandpa Doehring's soul basically disintegrated into nothingness after he used the forbidden-level spell to save Linley. Just because Hong Meng was """"apparently"""" created from "nothing" does not mean that he himself can create something from nothing. Hong Meng originally had the power of a UC and used his given powers to create the CD Universe. However, he can't bring back Grandpa Doehring because there is nothing to bring back. I guess he could've created another Grandpa Doehring, but that one would be different because it would have different memories and experiences.

Edit:

Also, Hong Meng doesn't even know how he was brought into existence. Maybe there's something else that sparked his existence into being, maybe there isn't. We'll never know. However, Hong Meng stated that when he was first brought into 'conscious' or the first time he "realized" he was an existent being, he had the golden scroll with him. The golden scroll has every single person's fate recorded, including future UCs. 

Hong Meng was brought into existence without anything other than that scroll and the....(?????) apparent knowledge of how to create a universe (?????) with his power. Although he didn't do a very good job at it. His universes can't even support the ability to manipulate time and space, unlike Linley's universe (ST) which Hong Meng helped to create.

One of the questions here is: Does Hong Meng know all the secrets to the power of a UC? What are the powers of a UC aside from the authority to create a universe? 

Obviously, since Hong Meng's first 4 universes( 4 universes were created for balance, otherwise they would have collapsed or something) were poorly created from his own knowledge, there's definitely something more. Hong Meng wasn't able to expand on the knowledge that he apparently naturally had since he was "created". He was only able to expand on his knowledge when he helped Linley create the ST universe, which then included the right...what's the word..."settings", "laws", or "rules" that allowed the manipulation of time and space. However, we actually don't know if Hong Meng didn't know that he was able to put in that ability. We just know that his first 4 universes weren't able to support that type of power.

So, we can either assume that Hong Meng does NOT know the extent of the power a UC has or he simply ignored most of the UC abilities and didn't want his universes to support the manipulation of time and space. We know from Hong Meng himself that the second assumption is incorrect as he stated that his first 4 universes weren't the best. (As far I know he has stated that, as I have read a lot of spoilers, correct me if I'm wrong) So, I guess Hong Meng actually doesn't know, as well as future UCs, the true extent of a UC's power. I guess that's why the UCs help each other out when creating a new universe, just like how Hong Meng helped Linley created the ST universe.
  • Sitrix said:

Chosen said:

Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

That's a normal assumption to make with something like this. However, even though Hong Meng created the CD Universe, the Universe itself also has its own laws. Grandpa Doehring's soul basically disintegrated into nothingness after he used the forbidden-level spell to save Linley. Just because Hong Meng was """"apparently"""" created from "nothing" does not mean that he himself can create something from nothing. Hong Meng originally had the power of a UC and used his given powers to create the CD Universe. However, he can't bring back Grandpa Doehring because there is nothing to bring back. I guess he could've created another Grandpa Doehring, but that one would be different because it would have different memories and experiences.

Edit:

Also, Hong Meng doesn't even know how he was brought into existence. Maybe there's something else that sparked his existence into being, maybe there isn't. We'll never know. However, Hong Meng stated that when he was first brought into 'conscious' or the first time he "realized" he was an existent being, he had the golden scroll with him. The golden scroll has every single person's fate recorded, including future UCs. 

Hong Meng was brought into existence without anything other than that scroll and the....(?????) apparent knowledge of how to create a universe (?????) with his power. Although he didn't do a very good job at it. His universes can't even support the ability to manipulate time and space, unlike Linley's universe (ST) which Hong Meng helped to create.

One of the questions here is: Does Hong Meng know all the secrets to the power of a UC? What are the powers of a UC aside from the authority to create a universe? 

Obviously, since Hong Meng's first 4 universes( 4 universes were created for balance, otherwise they would have collapsed or something) were poorly created from his own knowledge, there's definitely something more. Hong Meng wasn't able to expand on the knowledge that he apparently naturally had since he was "created". He was only able to expand on his knowledge when he helped Linley create the ST universe, which then included the right...what's the word..."settings", "laws", or "rules" that allowed the manipulation of time and space. However, we actually don't know if Hong Meng didn't know that he was able to put in that ability. We just know that his first 4 universes weren't able to support that type of power.

So, we can either assume that Hong Meng does NOT know the extent of the power a UC has or he simply ignored most of the UC abilities and didn't want his universes to support the manipulation of time and space. We know from Hong Meng himself that the second assumption is incorrect as he stated that his first 4 universes weren't the best. (As far I know he has stated that, as I have read a lot of spoilers, correct me if I'm wrong) So, I guess Hong Meng actually doesn't know, as well as future UCs, the true extent of a UC's power. I guess that's why the UCs help each other out when creating a new universe, just like how Hong Meng helped Linley created the ST universe.

the 4 universes u are refering to were created to stabilize the main universe which did have time and space. linley mentions a universe using science and robots instead of cultivatio. i assumed it's a support unierse though since hong meng's main universe is supposed to have cultivators stronger than CD sovereigns.
  • How many Paragons will die in that Material plane in figth over diamond!
    And in what order? :)

First will be Paragon of Fire?!
  • Sitrix said:

Chosen said:

Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

Edit:

the 4 universes u are refering to were created to stabilize the main universe which did have time and space. linley mentions a universe using science and robots instead of cultivatio. i assumed it's a support unierse though since hong meng's main universe is supposed to have cultivators stronger than CD sovereigns.

Ah, thanks for correcting me there. The main one had time and space manipulation abilities like the ST universe? I haven't read the actual ending, only spoilers, so I have no idea about that 'main universe'. I'm sure it's not the ST universe, since that was created afterward.
  • edited October 2015
    Sitrix said:

Sitrix said:

Chosen said:

Ma_Chao said:

Chosen said:

bonifide said:

Edit:

Ah, thanks for correcting me there. The main one had time and space manipulation abilities like the ST universe? I haven't read the actual ending, only spoilers, so I have no idea about that 'main universe'. I'm sure it's not the ST universe, since that was created afterward.

MT is wonky at best so main universe might have been mentioned but noone noticed lol

EDIT: also noticed quote is broken again
  • to be honest. the only reason doehring can't be brought back is plot. i say this because of IET's other stories. in ST, nobody could be brought back at all. (or at least there was no underworld to go and get the souls from) then in CD people are automatically reborn in the netherworld and get their memories back at godhood. then in DE, MC (from what i heard) brings back a person after having their soul 'dispersed'. so really, i more or less chalk up doehrings permanent death to plot, and a tiny bit to CD's shitty universe.

hell for all we know since the CD universe is connected to 4 other universes (3 other support ones and one main one(the perfect one)) doehring can't be brought back because he's already been reborn somewhere else.
  • What hierarchy are for 7 elements in terms:
    1) Material attack.
    2) Soul attack.

Becouse after reading new chapter i was puzzled, Fire Paragon knew Dunnington and Linley, but didn't feared Material attack and Soul attack from (Earth element and Edict of Death)!

It was said that Hemmers could winstand attacks from Water Paragon, so all elements still have some advantages and disadvantages.
    As for Fire i though it should be the most balanced, but it can't be stronger than Lighting/Wind/Earth element in terms of material attack! AS for Soul attack (excluding Edicts), it should be Light!
  • edited October 2015
    Glen said:

What hierarchy are for 7 elements in terms:
    1) Material attack.
    2) Soul attack.

Becouse after reading new chapter i was puzzled, Fire Paragon knew Dunnington and Linley, but didn't feared Material attack and Soul attack from (Earth element and Edict of Death)!

It was said that Hemmers could winstand attacks from Water Paragon, so all elements still have some advantages and disadvantages.
    As for Fire i though it should be the most balanced, but it can't be stronger than Lighting/Wind/Earth element in terms of material attack! AS for Soul attack (excluding Edicts), it should be Light!

Well
    As i see it Fire is a "glass cannon" element,possesing top-rate material and high-rate soul attack aswell as burst of speed but having no defensive laws at all...

As for hierarchy it should be:(or i feel it should be like this since there's no real source that states anything more than things like wind is the fastest etc)

Material Attacks:

1.Destruction
    2.Fire
    3.Earth/Wind
    4.Water/Lightning
    5.The rest

Soul Attacks:

1.Fate/Death
    2.Life/Light/Dark
    3.Fire/Lightning
    4.Lightining/Water/Wind
    5.The rest

Material Defense:
    1.Earth
    2.Water
    3.Everything Else except
    4.Fire/Destruction
    5.Fate/Life/Light/Wind

Soul Defense:
    1.Water
    2.Fate/Life/Light
    3.Death/Dark
    4.The rest again except
    5.Fire/Destruction/Wind

Speed:
    1.Wind
    2.Fire/Lightning
    3.Earth
    4.Light/Water
    5.The rest except
    6.Fate

So basically we get:

4 Edicts:

Destruction-Best material attacks but no real speed or defence
    Fate-Strongest Soul attacks and high-tier soul defense in return for 0 material capability absolutely 0 speed and no material defence
    Life-Well...good soul attacks and soul defense,everything else a bit better than fate,basically a more balanced clone of fate i guess
    Death-Good Soul Attacks,decent everything else

7 Elements:

Fire-high explosive material/soul attacks with a lot of speed bursts but literally 0 defense
    Light-Good Soul Attacks and Defense,jack of all trades otherwise except no material defence again
    Water-Best Soul Defence/Great Material Defence in return for 0 offensive capabilities except decent speed
    Earth-Best Material Defence,decent everything else and slightly above average speed(worldwalking)
    Lighting-Great speed,decent everything else
    Wind-Best speed,good material attacks some weak soul attacks but 0 defence again
    Dark-Good Soul attacks and Soul Def,decent everything else...

• edited October 2015
    @krolk,
    im pretty sure water isn't that great at soul defense. if you're going by linley's azure soul sea, then you need to remember that, that is a bloodline trait. it doesn't come from the water element. water has been stated as great for fending off material attacks but has never been said to have great soul defense.

oh and also. light is the fastest followed by lightning, then wind. light and lighting both travel at the speed of light, wind will never be as fast.

and one special mention to wind. wind is not the strongest or the weakest, it doesn't have astounding soul attacks or crazy matrial attacks but when all's said and done, it's a very powerful crowd control element. it's soul attacks while not strong, affect a large area, and it's spacial locking mystery is great for locking down people. so yeah. wind might not be OP but it's definitely and element built to take on multiple enemies at the same time.
  • Vexram said:

to be honest. the only reason doehring can't be brought back is plot. i say this because of IET's other stories. in ST, nobody could be brought back at all. (or at least there was no underworld to go and get the souls from) then in CD people are automatically reborn in the netherworld and get their memories back at godhood. then in DE, MC (from what i heard) brings back a person after having their soul 'dispersed'. so really, i more or less chalk up doehrings permanent death to plot, and a tiny bit to CD's shitty universe.

hell for all we know since the CD universe is connected to 4 other universes (3 other support ones and one main one(the perfect one)) doehring can't be brought back because he's already been reborn somewhere else.

Doehring can't be brought back just because of plot. If you haven't read it already or just forgot, Doehring sacrificed all of his available spirit power or whatever to use the forbidden-level spell to save Linley. That caused his spirit to be unable to exist and it faded/disintegrated into -nothing-. He can't be brought back because there is nothing to bring back. That's how it works in the CD universe.

For the DE part, the spoilers I've read are way too vague to even type a lot about it. Then again, DE and CD are two entirely different universes (even if the UC that created DE is somehow connected with past UCs like Linley or Qin Yu, DE is still a whole separate universe independent from the other universes). One spoiler stated that the MC's wife committed suicide, the evil dudes got her spirit and her spirit was destroyed. I don't know if the spirit being destroyed or spirit disintegrating into nothingness is the same thing, but trying to apply logic in one universe to a different universe is just a waste of time. For example, *if* the multiverse theory is true(I don't know if it is and frankly I don't care, this is just an example), assuming that the laws of physics in our universe and the laws in a different universe are the same is erroneous.

Then again, I don't think IET really goes into detail about this stuff. He kinda just goes "I don't want this person here anymore so lets kill them off and have no way to bring them back". And then "lets kill this person off, destroy their soul, and have someway to bring them back b/c it's convenient." Can't do much about it, imo.
  • edited October 2015
    Sitrix said:

Then again, I don't think IET really goes into detail about this stuff. He kinda just goes "I don't want this person here anymore so lets kill them off and have no way to bring them back". And then "lets kill this person off, destroy their soul, and have someway to bring them back b/c it's convenient." Can't do much about it, imo.

so... plot, like i said. but story wise, hong meng controls the fates of everyone, so he could have easily made it so doehring could be revived or permanently killed or reborn elsewhere. the fact is, reviving doehring is nothing more than a plot device, whether he can be revived doesn't matter, only that the MC tries to revive him. plus IET probably made it so doehring couldn't be revive because he didn't want to ruin what doehring was, a grandpa figure, who guided linley on his path. once he was brought back, doehring would have just become like the rest of the yulan plane people, obsolete and useless, and worse, forgotten. after all, the time before going to the infernal realm was the best part of the story.
  • Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

so... plot, like i said. but story wise, hong meng controls the fates of everyone, so he could have easily made it so doehring could be revived or permanently killed or reborn elsewhere. the fact is, reviving doehring is nothing more than a plot device, whether he can be revived doesn't matter, only that the MC tries to revive him. plus IET probably made it so doehring couldn't be revive because he didn't want to ruin what doehring was, a grandpa figure, who guided linley on his path. once he was brought back, doehring would have just become like the rest of the yulan plane people, obsolete and useless, and worse, forgotten.
    he doesn't he simply knows the future of most. only the one's whose future he can't see can become UC
  • Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

so... plot, like i said. but story wise, hong meng controls the fates of everyone, so he could have easily made it so doehring could be revived or permanently killed or reborn elsewhere. the fact is, reviving doehring is nothing more than a plot device, whether he can be revived doesn't matter, only that the MC tries to revive him. plus IET probably made it so doehring couldn't be revive because he didn't want to ruin what doehring was, a grandpa figure, who guided linley on his path. once he was brought back, doehring would have just become like the rest of the yulan plane people, obsolete and useless, and worse, forgotten.
    he doesn't he simply knows the future of most. only the one's whose future he can't see can become UC
    Stellar Transformation spoilers
    But Linley basically saw Qin Yu future and new he would become a UC. Even helped him out and told him something like in 20 years something will happen I cant remember exactly though.
  • bonifide said:

Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

But Linley basically saw Qin Yu future and new he would become a UC. Even helped him out and told him something like in 20 years something will happen I cant remember exactly though.
    yeah, the scroll allows you to see almost all futures, and even tells who has the chance to be a UC. there are a few like qin yu's son who have uncertain futures. what you are thinking about is when he gives qin 3 top class hong meng items (damn hong meng names everything hong meng in ST) and says to qin that in 20 or so years the battle for the next supreme god spot will begin. it does, nobody wins. qin yu skips that level.

• Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

yeah, the scroll allows you to see almost all futures, and even tells who has the chance to be a UC. there are a few like qin yu's son who have uncertain futures. what you are thinking about is when he gives qin 3 top class hong meng items (damn hong meng names everything hong meng in ST) and says to qin that in 20 or so years the battle for the next supreme god spot will begin. it does, nobody wins. qin yu skips that level.

I can't believe Linley said Qin Yu is more talented than him. He trained way longer than Linley specially when he did closed training didnt the spoiler said he spent like a billion years to practice some move or formation. They also learn about space and time in the higher realm. Linley couldnt have known about things like that in his CD universe.
  • So how many chapters are in the last 2 books?
  • edited October 2015
    bonifide said:

Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

I can't believe Linley said Qin Yu is more talented than him. He trained way longer than Linley specially when he did closed training didnt the spoiler said he spent like a billion years to practice some move or formation. They also learn about space and time in the higher realm. Linley couldnt have known about things like that in his CD universe.
    CD universe is much weaker than ST universe. The people in the final divine realm in ST are stronger than CD sovereigns by my guess
  • bonifide said:

Vexram said:

bonifide said:

Vexram said:

Sitrix said:

qin yu really is more talented than linley. linley only had to study 4 elements and there total of 27 laws. linley had it easy compared to qin yu who had to not only have to pave his own path, but also had to study crafting and formations that was probably thousands of times harder to learn than simply learning how some elements work. so yeah i'd say given how quickly qin yu became top dog with all he had to do, he was more talented than linley.