Wu dong kian kun *Spoilers*

Comments

•  Translator got lazy again? Alibis with server problem but server problems can be fix in just a day.

it's probably a problem with the code. if that is the reaso that can take days to carefully read through
    I own 2 websites that runs in vps. Transferring servers is easy as 123
    forget it they were just transfering t here lol :P

Just saw it too. Well they lost the revenue from the ads but at least they have a free server.
    And more potential reader and donors... 
  • This thread needs to be moved. There's a subforum for this now.
  • Vexram said:

Brega said:

There is a possibility that the Mink and Tiger will appear in TGR, so there could be more to tell someday.

i dunno. TGR feels like a failed experiment to me. such a massive change in style compared to his other works, and a lot of the changes for the worst. long drawn out arcs, too many cockroaches, MC going uber stupid, massive change in MC's actions. just feels like the author tried to reach beyond his ability, and paid the price. if TGR is considered a top reader, then i have to wonder how bad the ones it beat are. im not saying the story is all bad, but it just feels out of sync with itself.
    TGR and WDQK are written by same authors and are very similar in terms of everything. I can see no change in style of writing or plot.I mean you don't like one of them, you are surely not going to  like the other. In fact I felt TGR is better than WDQK why?
    1. The powerups that MC gets are little more logical. In WDQK its completely about luck.
    2.There is no secret helper in like in WDQK and MC relies of himself in most battles and powerups acrs.
    3. Both the MCs from WDQK and BTTH have a role to play, not just cameo. If fact there are 2 arcs related to both these stories characters.
  • Why hasn't this been moved yet?
  • Vexram said:

Brega said:

There is a possibility that the Mink and Tiger will appear in TGR, so there could be more to tell someday.

i dunno. TGR feels like a failed experiment to me. such a massive change in style compared to his other works, and a lot of the changes for the worst. long drawn out arcs, too many cockroaches, MC going uber stupid, massive change in MC's actions. just feels like the author tried to reach beyond his ability, and paid the price. if TGR is considered a top reader, then i have to wonder how bad the ones it beat are. im not saying the story is all bad, but it just feels out of sync with itself.
    TGR and WDQK are written by same authors and are very similar in terms of everything. I can see no change in style of writing or plot.I mean you don't like one of them, you are surely not going to  like the other. In fact I felt TGR is better than WDQK why?
    1. The powerups that MC gets are little more logical. In WDQK its completely about luck.
    2.There is no secret helper in like in WDQK and MC relies of himself in most battles and powerups acrs.
    3. Both the MCs from WDQK and BTTH have a role to play, not just cameo. If fact there are 2 arcs related to both these stories characters.
    which story's MC make appearance and their forms (means like some of the story's finished abruptly like cd and WDQK [as someone said b4] ) 
    for eg○ linley became UC and his power lv is too op so wat is his connection(if any) ?
    and Lin Dong too?

• edited December 2015
    At the end of the story Lin Dong reaches the Ancestral level, hence his moniker in TGR Martial Ancestor. In the context of the story Lin Dong is the second person to have reached the Ancestral level.

At the very end of, WDQK Xiao Yan (MC of BTTH) makes a very brief appearance.
  • WDQK mc is just useless. i just started reading for a few days till 4xx+ but all i can see from the mc is just a talentless brat that just relies on luck and the stone (and of course the leftover beast's spirit). if we're talking about his mentality, i would say so - so only compared with the same generations (just because he has the raccoon helping to remind mostly every damn time)......what i can't stand is, when other compliments him, it's HIS TALENT...WTH  (we all know its the stone and raccoon that contributes mostly every damn thing). 
    well point is, the mc just got buffed with too much LUCK and compared with xiao yan from BTTH.........(well probably only a little talent in his initial spiritual power but meh, in the end still his spiritual power is still buffed by the raccoon and stone's help and his talent ===============> useless), at least from where i am reading it doesnt seem like the mc is gonna show any of his talent.

-----------------------------u-s-e-l-e-s-s - - - M-C----------------------------------------------------
  • It's not low talent from the translated until now but they need too many resources in order to advance fast in most of other stories that's supplementary to three main character talent
  • everyone in the WDQK world relies on elixir to upgrade upto nirvana level. so talent really doesn't have much to do with it. his sister is from a unique race which is why she doesn't need much elixir. his talent comes to play during the ancient battlefield arc once he crosses nirvana lvl
  • The MC is special, however this won't be revealed in  story for a very long time. I've said before that this story is very slow to get to the point. the first 900 chapters or so are just the MC powering up.
  • edited December 2015
    Brega said:

The MC is special, however this won't be revealed in  story for a very long time. I've said before that this story is very slow to get to the point. the first 900 chapters or so are just the MC powering up.

spoil me and another question
    does the talisman regain his/it intelligence!? 
  • edited December 2015
    souldz25 said:

Brega said:

The MC is special, however this won't be revealed in  story for a very long time. I've said before that this story is very slow to get to the point. the first 900 chapters or so are just the MC powering up.

spoil me and another question
    does the talisman regain his/it intelligence!? 

Yes.

Perhaps halfway through the Chaos Magic Sea arc the Stone Talisman gets restored. It is a very important item, later in the story a ranking of the powerful weapons is mentioned frequently and the Stone Talisman is ranked second.

The MC has the same ability as the previous person that reached the Ancestral level Fu Zu (MTL name). The MC has the ability to be able to control all 8 ancestral symbols. In the course of the story the MC gains 3 of them:

Swallowed Ancestral symbol (MTL name)
    Lightning Ancestral symbol (MTL name)
    Space Ancestral symbol (MTL name)

• Isnt he skilled at controlling mental energy... That seems to be his skill 
    "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Holmes
  • aashish said:

Isnt he skilled at controlling mental energy... That seems to be his skill 

He is, that is a reason why he is able to fight above his level as he starts to face stronger opponents.

Later he will practice a body refining technique that the Grandfather Sable (spirit in the Stone Talisman) gives him. He uses that till halfway through the Ancient Battlefield arc and receives the Sky Dragon Tactics (MTL name). The MC is equally strong in physical power and mental power. Though the MC really neglects his mental training later in the story.

• Just finished reading the ending.  Not really a satisfying ending :\
  • Someone tell me about the Tower arc in detail pls.
  • NoobElite said:

Someone tell me about the Tower arc in detail pls.

I'm too lazy to even search for that again let alone write :(
  • NoobElite said:

Someone tell me about the Tower arc in detail pls.

haha search for previous comments ,its posted in chunks so ull be able to see other spoilers too ;P
  • edited December 2015
    Raj2905 said:

Vexram said:

Brega said:

which story's MC make appearance and their forms (means like some of the story's finished abruptly like cd and WDQK [as someone said b4] ) 
    for eg○ linley became UC and his power lv is too op so wat is his connection(if any) ?
    and Lin Dong too?

TGR story is set in a way that the MCs(Xiao Yan and Lin Dong) and their family members play a important role in the story and not just some cameo. For example in one of the arc of TGR we see wife of Lin Dong saving MU Chen. There is one full arc of Xiao Yan's daughter with Mu Chen.Similarly in one scene,Yao Lao and Xiao Yan are shown.There are repeated references about them throughout the story.In TGR entire family and friends are brought from lower planes to higher planes where they establish themselves as some of the strongest people. The way story story is proceeding in TGR it looks like Xiao Yan and Lin Dong will have important role.The planes of MC's of BTTH and WDQK are lower planes and if someones becomes strong enough they go to higher central plane where TGR story is set.

rainx said:

WDQK mc is just useless. i just started reading for a few days till 4xx+ but all i can see from the mc is just a talentless brat that just relies on luck and the stone (and of course the leftover beast's spirit). if we're talking about his mentality, i would say so - so only compared with the same generations (just because he has the raccoon helping to remind mostly every damn time)......what i can't stand is, when other compliments him, it's HIS TALENT...WTH  (we all know its the stone and raccoon that contributes mostly every damn thing). 

well point is, the mc just got buffed with too much LUCK and compared with xiao yan from BTTH.........(well probably only a little talent in his initial spiritual power but meh, in the end still his spiritual power is still buffed by the raccoon and stone's help and his talent ===============> useless), at least from where i am reading it doesnt seem like the mc is gonna show any of his talent.

-----------------------------u-s-e-l-e-s-s - - - M-C----------------------------------------------------
    Earlier I had similar opinions, but after reading other Xianxia's -- every story is similar. Most of the stories  have powerhouse helping MC and MC getting lucky treasures. The only difference is how the plot proceeds. In some stories author writes in such a way that even though MC is very lucky(ISSTH), its not very obvious and in some it is more obvious like in WDQK. Even in BTTH MC is incredible lucky in getting different heavenly flames and final powerup is pure luck.The talent part of MC in this he is very tenacious.. and so on just like in other stories written by this author.The other talent has been mentioned in other post above.
  • Raj2905 said:

Vexram said:

Brega said:

and Lin Dong too?

TGR story is set in a way that the MCs(Xiao Yan and Lin Dong) and their family members play a important role in the story and not just some cameo. For example in one of the arc of TGR we see wife of Lin Dong saving MU Chen. There is one full arc of Xiao Yan's daughter with Mu Chen.Similarly in one scene,Yao Lao and Xiao Yan are shown.There are repeated references about them throughout the story.In TGR entire family and friends are brought from lower planes to higher planes where they establish themselves as some of the strongest people. The way story story is proceeding in TGR it looks like Xiao Yan and Lin Dong will have important role.The planes of MC's of BTTH and WDQK are lower planes and if someones becomes strong enough they go to higher central plane where TGR story is set.

rainx said:

WDQK mc is just useless. i just started reading for a few days till 4xx+ but all i can see from the mc is just a talentless brat that just relies on luck and the stone (and of course the leftover beast's spirit). if we're talking about his mentality, i would say so - so only compared with the same generations (just because he has the raccoon helping to remind mostly every damn time)......what i can't stand is, when other compliments him, it's HIS TALENT...WTH  (we all know its the stone and raccoon that contributes mostly every damn thing). 

Earlier I had similar opinions, but after reading other Xianxia's -- every story is similar. Most of the stories  have powerhouse helping MC and MC getting lucky treasures. The only difference is how the plot proceeds. In some stories author writes in such a way that even though MC is very lucky(ISSTH), its not very obvious and in some it is more obvious like in WDQK. Even in BTTH MC is incredible lucky in getting different heavenly flames and final powerup is pure luck.The talent part of MC in this he is very tenacious.. and so on just like in other stories written by this author.The other talent has been mentioned in other post above.
    Well what is luck. Life in our world is mostly about luck and life in the Xianxia world is even more about luck. As for our world it is being born smart, without any physical or mental deficits or simply having rich parents that can decide our whole future (same with lucky encounters like simply dropping one sentence at some job interview that the interviewer fully approves off and you just get the position because of this sentence that got the interviewer to like you). 
    In the Xianxia world it is even worse. Your family not being powerful -> some arrogant guy does not like you because of your looks -> dead. You are born with less talent than some arrogant guy -> dead. Some arrogant guy is rich as fuck but piss weak -> you are dead. Some guy got super treasure you not -> dead. Some guy got insane powerful elder that pulls him trough level ups -> dead. in my opinion all of the 5 I said above are about luck since they get just thrown at you without you choosing. So for the whole concept of Xianxia to even work like it is supposed to, the MC does either need more luck or the same luck plus more tenacity than all the enemies he is facing in our usual order from weak to stronger. You can say that for example in WDQK we have the super treasure in form of stone talisman that is integrated with super elder + his super soul symbol as treasure. And his tenacity. Well of all of these only tenacity is from his own choice more or less (well he is mostly driven by making his families life better / getting revenge / reaching top) You will always have the indirect comparison of luck and not talent since even being born with talent is some sort of luck. And do not start with hard work can compensate genius. If the genius does work just as hard you can practically forget it if you do not what? Yea get a lucky chance lol,
  • NoobElite said:

Raj2905 said:

Vexram said:

Brega said:

and Lin Dong too?

rainx said:

Well what is luck. Life in our world is mostly about luck and life in the Xianxia world is even more about luck. As for our world it is being born smart, without any physical or mental deficits or simply having rich parents that can decide our whole future (same with lucky encounters like simply dropping one sentence at some job interview that the interviewer fully approves off and you just get the position because of this sentence that got the interviewer to like you). 
    In the Xianxia world it is even worse. Your family not being powerful -> some arrogant guy does not like you because of your looks -> dead. You are born with less talent than some arrogant guy -> dead. Some arrogant guy is rich as fuck but piss weak -> you are dead. Some guy got super treasure you not -> dead. Some guy got insane powerful elder that pulls him trough level ups -> dead. in my opinion all of the 5 I said above are about luck since they get just thrown at you without you choosing. So for the whole concept of Xianxia to even work like it is supposed to, the MC does either need more luck or the same luck plus more tenacity than all the enemies he is facing in our usual order from weak to stronger. You can say that for example in WDQK we have the super treasure in form of stone talisman that is integrated with super elder + his super soul symbol as treasure. And his tenacity. Well of all of these only tenacity is from his own choice more or less (well he is mostly driven by making his families life better / getting revenge / reaching top) You will always have the indirect comparison of luck and not talent since even being born with talent is some sort of luck. And do not start with hard work can compensate genius. If the genius does work just as hard you can practically forget it if you do not what? Yea get a lucky chance lol,
    Well said. At the end all of these stories are similar. The differences are each authors attempts to create their unique style. If you don't like wdqk then just dont read it. I have dropped 5-6 novels because they were not enjoyable to me so why read then go on a forum and flame or complain. I have better things to do with my life.
  • Roger Smith's totally right about that. Tian Can Tu Dou likes this cliche a lot. If you read Battle Through the Heavens, even though it is very different, it is still similar. The only exception might be The Great Ruler.
  • I just thought of a speculation which is
    About mental energy,when lin dong got his niwan palace he said it is 1 of the 9 palace needed which I thought about,is it possible to have another soul symbol with different unique ability or have a heavenly symbol?
    So it will be like having 8 different types of soul symbol.but must it be when he reach soul master stage to unlock another palace or it is possible to get a precious item related to the mental energy just like the bewitching flower?
    If anyone can enlighten me please do so!
  • Does it ever expand on why lin liang tian crippled his dad?

i'll be disappointed if he initially crippled him just to make a statement (like 'look at me i'm so strong' in front of the clan), and then tries to hinder lin dong because he thinks he's a threat for what he did to his dad... i know that kind of logic is commonplace in chinese webnovels but damn it's annoying
  • noobaloob said:

Does it ever expand on why lin liang tian crippled his dad?

i'll be disappointed if he initially crippled him just to make a statement (like 'look at me i'm so strong' in front of the clan), and then tries to hinder lin dong because he thinks he's a threat for what he did to his dad... i know that kind of logic is commonplace in chinese webnovels but damn it's annoying

Tian is a rich arrogant snob that thinks he is better then everyone else. He leads a faction of the Lin Clan that has the mind set of 'holier then thou better then anyone else cause we're rich and powerful' mind set. He cripples Lin Xiao because he views the Lin Family as country trash unworthy of being part of 'his' clan. What is never explained is why Lin Zhentian was expelled from the Lin Clan in the first place, causing the creation of the Lin Family.

However the Lin Clan is eventually revealed to be the weakest of the '4 great families of the Great Yan Empire'. Tian is the sole raising star of a declining clan, which is why he is so arrogant and spoiled.

• Brega said:

noobaloob said:

Does it ever expand on why lin liang tian crippled his dad?

Tian is a rich arrogant snob that thinks he is better then everyone else. He leads a faction of the Lin Clan that has the mind set of 'holier then thou better then anyone else cause we're rich and powerful' mind set. He cripples Lin Xiao because he views the Lin Family as country trash unworthy of being part of 'his' clan. What is never explained is why Lin Zhentian was expelled from the Lin Clan in the first place, causing the creation of the Lin Family.

However the Lin Clan is eventually revealed to be the weakest of the '4 great families of the Great Yan Empire'. Tian is the sole raising star of a declining clan, which is why he is so arrogant and spoiled.

although it isn't explained why he did it. but considering his efforts against lin dong it's safe to assume he was afraid that Lin Dong's dad had better talent than hi whose entire fucking cultivation was from the thing inside him + the entire fucking clan treasury
  • A question, will LD ever get all ancestral symbol?And what are their powers?
  • A question, will LD ever get all ancestral symbol?And what are their powers?

he gets 3 according to a spoiler given in another thread i only read upto the swallowing symbol which has absorbing power on a much higher lvl than his destiny soul symbol (the thing absorbed a black flame that kills 2 yuan Nirvana before LD even reached one yuan)
  • edited December 2015

A question, will LD ever get all ancestral symbol?And what are their powers?

In the course of the story Lin Dong acquires 3 Ancestral Symbols, their powers should be self explanatory so here goes: 

Swallowed Ancestral Symbol  - swallows energy and powers 

Thunder Ancestral Symbol - Lightning powers

Space Ancestral Symbol - Teleportation, movement abilities

----------------

Fire Ancestral Symbol

Ice Ancestral Symbol

Darkness Ancestral Symbol

Life and Death Ancestral Symbol

Unfortunately I'm drawing a total blank on the eighth one, and I'm too lazy too dig through the chapters to find it. these are all MTL names and are subject to change. The first one to appear in the story is the Swallowed Ancestral Symbol, Lin Dong begins to refine it at chapter 320. The others appear way later in the story.

As to whether or not Lin Dong gets all eight read the story.

• Brega said:

A question, will LD ever get all ancestral symbol?And what are their powers?

In the course of the story Lin Dong acquires 3 Ancestral Symbols, their powers should be self explanatory be here goes: 

Swallowed Ancestral Symbol  - swallows energy and powers 

Thunder Ancestral Symbol - Lightning powers

Space Ancestral Symbol - Teleportation, movement abilities

----------------

Fire Ancestral Symbol

Ice Ancestral Symbol

Darkness Ancestral Symbol

Life and Death Ancestral Symbol

Unfortunately I'm drawing a total blank on the eighth one, and I'm too lazy too dig through the chapters to find it. these are all MTL names and are subject to change. The first one to appear in the story is the Swallowed Ancestral Symbol, Lin Dong begins to refine it at chapter 320. The others appear way later in the story.

As to whether or not Lin Dong gets all eight read the story.

Wasn't it Prehistoric Ancestral Symbol?