Wu dong kian kun *Spoilers*

Comments

• Balur said:

and about how many chapters later the meeting of the lin juniors happens.

Are you asking about the Lin Clan competition. If you are that happens a further 2 years after the events in the tomb you asked about. The MC wanders the wilderness for a time then there is another tomb/ruins thing. I believe there is a post on page 3 or 4 that covers it all.
  • Yeah i found what happens before the meeting on a previous page, but i was mostly looking to know how many chapters would be until there.
  • around 155 i think 
  • Oh thats pretty fast. Thought it would be somewhere around ch 500-600
  • So I finally finished the story so I thought I'd clarify the romance spoilers from earlier in the thread.

Read at your own Risk

There are several girls throughout the story that show romantic interest in Lin Dong But I will only list the three most relevant in order of appearance in the story.

Qing Tan:

Ling Dong's adopted sister. Early in the story she shows subtle signs, and later not so subtle signs of being in love with Lin Dong. She is in fact the most ambiguous love interest in the story. By the end of the story you are still scratching your head wondering if she is in love with him. For 95% of the story she is MIA. At some point in the story she runs away from home, and joins the Dark Temple Sect, this sect rules the Northern Mysterious Domain, how exactly she joins this sect was kind of vague. (Her romantic fate seems to be kid sister zoned IMO)

Aya Qing Zhu Bamboo (this is an MTL name):

This girl is introduced around chapter 170, its not until much later you get information about her. Bamboo is one of two primary love interests for Lin Dong. Bamboo is the Disciple of the Leader of the Nine Days Tianqinggong Sect (MTL names arent they fun). There is a lot of drama in the relationship between her and Lin Dong as she is a combination of first time/first love/one night stand. She realizes very quickly that Lin Dong has very deep feelings for girl number 3 and this adds further drama to their relationship. By the end of the story she seems to have worked out her feelings for Lin Dong.

Huanhuan (this is an MTL name) aka Ice Master:

This girl is introduced around chapter 630 shortly after Lin Dong joins her Sect. Huanhuan is the daughter of the Leader of the Daozong Sect. During his time in the Daozong sect Ling Dong forms a deep relationship with Huanhuan before he is forced to flee the Mysterious Eastern Domain by his enemies. During his time with her he discovers that she is a Reincarnation that is slowly awakening. It is later revealed that she is the Reincarnation of Ice Master an important figure from the ancient world war mentioned in the story several times. As the story progresses there is a deepening drama in their relationship, because it is unclear what will happen to her once Ice Master fully awakens. Lin Dong's biggest fear is that Huanhuan will no longer exist. In the latter part of the story Lin Dong seeks to become powerful enough to take her burden so she wont have to awaken as Ice Master.

Read at own Risk
    in the climax of the story she sacrifices herself to help Lin Dong achieve the power necessary to save their world/plane. Lin Dong vows to save her and at the end of the story he leaves with Qing Tan and Bamboo to search for her. Strictly speaking by the end of the story Lin Dong is not actually in a relationship with either girl, but it is fully understood that he loves both girls and they both love him.

I'd also like to add that the story has a definite conclusion. by that I mean the main bad guys are defeated. But you could argue that the way the story ends gives it an open ending.

• Brega said:

So I finally finished the story so I thought I'd clarify the romance spoilers from earlier in the thread.

Read at your own Risk

There are several girls throughout the story that show romantic interest in Lin Dong But I will only list the three most relevant in order of appearance in the story.

Qing Tan:

Ling Dong's adopted sister. Early in the story she shows subtle signs, and later not so subtle signs of being in love with Lin Dong. She is in fact the most ambiguous love interest in the story. By the end of the story you are still scratching your head wondering if she is in love with him. For 95% of the story she is MIA. At some point in the story she runs away from home, and joins the Dark Temple Sect, this sect rules the Northern Mysterious Domain, how exactly she joins this sect was kind of vague. (Her romantic fate seems to be kid sister zoned IMO)

Aya Qing Zhu Bamboo (this is an MTL name):

This girl is introduced around chapter 170, its not until much later you get information about her. Bamboo is one of two primary love interests for Lin Dong. Bamboo is the Disciple of the Leader of the Nine Days Tianqinggong Sect (MTL names arent they fun). There is a lot of drama in the relationship between her and Lin Dong as she is a combination of first time/first love/one night stand. She realizes very quickly that Lin Dong has very deep feelings for girl number 3 and this adds further drama to their relationship. By the end of the story she seems to have worked out her feelings for Lin Dong.

Huanhuan (this is an MTL name) aka Ice Master:

This girl is introduced around chapter 630 shortly after Lin Dong joins her Sect. Huanhuan is the daughter of the Leader of the Daozong Sect. During his time in the Daozong sect Ling Dong forms a deep relationship with Huanhuan before he is forced to flee the Mysterious Eastern Domain by his enemies. During his time with her he discovers that she is a Reincarnation that is slowly awakening. It is later revealed that she is the Reincarnation of Ice Master an important figure from the ancient world war mentioned in the story several times. As the story progresses there is a deepening drama in their relationship, because it is unclear what will happen to her once Ice Master fully awakens. Lin Dong's biggest fear is that Huanhuan will no longer exist. In the latter part of the story Lin Dong seeks to become powerful enough to take her burden so she wont have to awaken as Ice Master.

Read at own Risk
    in the climax of the story she sacrifices herself to help Lin Dong achieve the power necessary to save their world/plane. Lin Dong vows to save her and at the end of the story he leaves with Qing Tan and Bamboo to search for her. Strictly speaking by the end of the story Lin Dong is not actually in a relationship with either girl, but it is fully understood that he loves both girls and they both love him.

I'd also like to add that the story has a definite conclusion. by that I mean the main bad guys are defeated. But you could argue that the way the story ends gives it an open ending.

thanks for that now i can confirm that this doesn't really count as an open ending since people at their power lvl can't actually die since they have mastered life and death so they simply reincarnate so ya she's just temporarily MIA and u can assume LD will find her 
  • Hmmm can't believe the author took that long to kill that Tian. Yeah TGR is pretty much a clone of this series then with some differences. Even got a clone almost exactly like Tian except the Tian in that novel did shit to MC.
  • Overall this story isn't that bad, but it does take a long time for the main plot to start to take form. It is not until near the end of the Chaos Magic Sea arc that the main enemies start to appear in the story. And time wise this story is lightning fast only taking place over a span of like 10-14 years.
  • Brega said:

Overall this story isn't that bad, but it does take a long time for the main plot to start to take form. It is not until near the end of the Chaos Magic Sea arc that the main enemies start to appear in the story. And time wise this story is lightning fast only taking place over a span of like 10-14 years.

And several of those years he was just waiting to revive huanhuan... He literally went from a nobody with zero talent to the ruler of the planet in <10 years. Even though most XianXia take longer due to considering of normal cultivator's life span, this story is ridiculously short if you think about it lol
  • Brega said:

Overall this story isn't that bad, but it does take a long time for the main plot to start to take form. It is not until near the end of the Chaos Magic Sea arc that the main enemies start to appear in the story. And time wise this story is lightning fast only taking place over a span of like 10-14 years.

And several of those years he was just waiting to revive huanhuan... He literally went from a nobody with zero talent to the ruler of the planet in <10 years. Even though most XianXia take longer due to considering of normal cultivator's life span, this story is ridiculously short if you think about it lol
    i thought about it when he crossed nirvana from earthly yuan in less than 4 years lol
  • going by brega's spoiler, it seems possible that the 2 super characters mentioned in the beginning of TGR could be xiao yan from btth and lin dong from wdqk. they seem to fit anyway, one's a master of flames and the others an 'unparaled martial artist' and it just so happened that his girl was an 'ice master'

of course i could and probably am wrong, but hey, it's not like i can read chinese and have read all his novels.
  • Vexram said:

going by brega's spoiler, it seems possible that the 2 super characters mentioned in the beginning of TGR could be xiao yan from btth and lin dong from wdqk. they seem to fit anyway, one's a master of flames and the others an 'unparaled martial artist' and it just so happened that his girl was an 'ice master'

of course i could and probably am wrong, but hey, it's not like i can read chinese and have read all his novels.

nope on this point u are right vexram, u can even confirm it if u where to go and check out the first few pages of chapter one of the TGR manhua
  • so what ever happened to his pet !?
    did he get another one !?
  • souldz25 said:

so what ever happened to his pet !?
    did he get another one !?

i second this question. none of the spoiler summaries included him. what happened to the tiger?
  • The Tiger and the Mink are never more then side characters for most of the story. Once the MC reaches the Demon Domain, there are two smaller story arcs that deal with them, and they then go back to being side characters again.

Lin Yan (Flaming Tiger)

In the Ancient battlefield arc Little Mink (the spirit in the stone talisman) helps the tiger swap its bones for a more powerful set of demon tiger bones. This allows the tiger to become more powerful and reach the Nirvana level and assume a human form. Once he assumes a human form the MC names the tiger Lin Yan.

At about halfway through the Ancient battlefield arc the MC gives the Tiger a Key to a Heritage trial. The Tiger passes the trial, but it happens off panel.

At the end of the Ancient battlefield arc the Tiger wins its fight, and chooses to join the same sect as the MC.

After the MC joins the Daozong Sect (MTL name) the Mink and the Tiger go off and do their own thing. There is a brief interlude where the MC runs off with Huanhuan to get a treasure the Mink and Tiger found.

After the Sect competition when the crap hits the fan the Tiger and Mink show up for the big fight. The fight is lost and the three brothers are forced to flee, things happen and the Tiger and Mink are separated from the MC.

Shortly after the MC reaches the Demon Domain he is able to reunite with the Tiger. The MC helps the Tiger overthrow a demon ruler that has a hold on the Tiger, and establish its own territory. There is some clashing with the top demon of the area a member of the Dragon family that eventually leads to the Mink reappearing and saving the day. (this leads to a rather humorous scene)

Near the end of the Demon Domain arc the MC and Mink help the Tiger secure an extinct ancient tiger bloodline.

That's pretty much it. There was a hinted possibility of romance with a Lynx demon, but it was never expanded on. By the end of the story the Tiger's power level is Reincarnation.

• so basically the same as all the author's other stories.
  • There is a possibility that the Mink and Tiger will appear in TGR, so there could be more to tell someday.
  • Brega said:

There is a possibility that the Mink and Tiger will appear in TGR, so there could be more to tell someday.

i dunno. TGR feels like a failed experiment to me. such a massive change in style compared to his other works, and a lot of the changes for the worst. long drawn out arcs, too many cockroaches, MC going uber stupid, massive change in MC's actions. just feels like the author tried to reach beyond his ability, and paid the price. if TGR is considered a top reader, then i have to wonder how bad the ones it beat are. im not saying the story is all bad, but it just feels out of sync with itself.
  • Hey does anybody have any clue what's going on with yellowlaws website its directing me to something completely different
  • Hey does anybody have any clue what's going on with yellowlaws website its directing me to something completely different
    is opening normal here
  • He literally went from a nobody with zero talent

This isn't true. The MC has talent and is special in his own way. The MC is just like his father, a genius born into a poor family. You must remember the MC started cultivating later then his other family members and because of the petty infighting he got zero resources.

Early in the story the stone talisman boosts his training speed yes, but later in the story it is largely irrelevant.

they were migrating the server. it's completed now so it should work fine
  • Does Lin Dong ever go to visit Mu Lingsha (girl who got the third tiger cub) or is she just forgotten?
  • I want to say no, but near the end the MC goes back to his hometown. She may have been mentioned then and I overlooked it.
  • wow O.O
    i just stumbled on this but WOW
  •  Translator got lazy again? Alibis with server problem but server problems can be fix in just a day.
  •  Translator got lazy again? Alibis with server problem but server problems can be fix in just a day.

it's probably a problem with the code. if that is the reaso that can take days to carefully read through

it's probably a problem with the code. if that is the reaso that can take days to carefully read through
    I own 2 websites that runs in vps. Transferring servers is easy as 123

forget it they were just transfering t here lol :P

forget it they were just transfering t here lol :P

Just saw it too. Well they lost the revenue from the ads but at least they have a free server.