Transcending The Nine Heavens

Comments

• SO the Mo family will get Qing wu's sword/saber created by chu yang?
    It is in the spoilers already, but: 
    - The family takes her Sabre away because it is considered a treasure and she is considered defective (injured)
    - Family is going to marry her off
    - MC gathers the herbs to cure her damaged dantian
    - MC tricks/cons two supreme masters to take her as a disciple
    - They go and scare the *** out of the family and get the sabre back for her

Mc didn't really trick/cons the 2 supremes, since Mo Qing Wu had Xiantian Spirit Pulse after he cured her, aka one of the most op body types there is. When one of the supreme saw her he was literally stunned for minutes due to how fucken op her body type is. the 2 supremes almost came to blows over who would be her master. and the 2 supremes arent regular supremes but respectively the #1 and #2 expert in the entire Nine Heavens continent at that point.

• SO the Mo family will get Qing wu's sword/saber created by chu yang?
    It is in the spoilers already, but: 
    - The family takes her Sabre away because it is considered a treasure and she is considered defective (injured)
    - Family is going to marry her off
    - MC gathers the herbs to cure her damaged dantian
    - MC tricks/cons two supreme masters to take her as a disciple
    - They go and scare the *** out of the family and get the sabre back for her

Mc didn't really trick/cons the 2 supremes, since Mo Qing Wu had Xiantian Spirit Pulse after he cured her, aka one of the most op body types there is. When one of the supreme saw her he was literally stunned for minutes due to how fucken op her body type is. the 2 supremes almost came to blows over who would be her master. and the 2 supremes arent regular supremes but respectively the #1 and #2 expert in the entire Nine Heavens continent at that point.

I may have misspoke what I meant was he got them both to see her so that she would end up with both as masters. With the two most powerful people as her masters he would not have to worry about anyone messing with her,
  • A theory regarding the mirror imagining of characters. Just a thought might not even be true.

Heavy Spoiler for 3rd book and 4th books

In the novel Chu Yang has several character who are very alike to him, almost like a mirror image or a What if scenarios.

1st we have to talk about some aspects of Chu Yang, from the what we know about Chu Yang's 1st life he was a ruthless and cold person, who used any methods to get what he wants, he manipulated Mo Qing Wu and used her love to train his sword skills, afterwards Mo Qing Wu was killed and in her moment of death she told Chu Yang that she knew he was using her the whole time and that she still loved him and wished he would've loved her back. later he came under attack as a revenge from Mo Qing Wu's brother, and in the end he committed suicide in order to kill all his attackers.
      so here we have these aspects about the 1st life of Chu Yang
    - He is ruthless and cold
    - He used his lover's love to futher his own powers
    - His Lover died before him, but in her moment of death said she still loved him.
    - He was killed as a result of revenge lead by his lover's brother
    - He killed himself in the end inorder to bury his attackers with him.

Now we will talk about who i think is a mirror of Chu Yang, Yun Shan Len - The Divine Lord. 

We know from the story that Yun Shan Len was a ruthless man that manipulated the events a million years ago inorder to become the Divine Lord, and in this he had gotten the Love of Xue Xian Zi, the daughter of the Xue Family one of the richest family in the Nine True Heavens, and later killed her father and known family members inorder to gain control of Xue Family's  power in his pursuit for his goal. a million years later this event was known to Xue Xian Zi's brother Xue Lei Han - The Eastern Emperor, and due to Yun Shan Len's plotting against Chu Yang several emperors joined with Chu Yang and his brother to kill Yun Shan Len, including Xue Xian Zi's brother Xue Lei Han. In the pursuit against Yun Shan Len, Xue Xian Zi was killed before him and in her moment of death she forgave Yun Shan Len for using her and said that even though she knows of all the evil he has done but still loved him. In the end under pursuit from Chu Yang he committed suicide inorder to destroy the protective mist preventing the Heavenly Demon's from invading, as if he couldn't rule the Nine True Heavens no one would.
    so we know these aspects of Yun Shan Len
    - He is ruthless and Cold
    - He used his lover's love to gain power
    - His lover died before him but in her moment of death still said she loved him
    - He was killed a a group of people that includes his lover's Brother
    - He killed himself in the end in order to killed everyone

So from this we can see that Yun Shan Len has many aspects that are similar to Chu Yang's previous life. and there is also a character that might be the the similar image to Chu Yang in his 2nd life and this character is Zi Hao, Zixiao Emperor

we know from what little there is that Zi Hao was a honorable man who was respected and loved by his sworn brothers and subjects, and he would do anything for his friends and brothers and he destroyed an entire sect inorder to take vengeance for his friends. and that he has a lover that traveled thousands of miles to be at his side when he was in danger and fought to death ahead of him. In the end He killedhim self inorder to inflict the most damage against the Heavenly Demons as he could.

Theres more hints that the author intended these characters as whatifs to Chu Yang with some of the comments other characters drop about Mo Qing Wu,
    once Xue Lei Han was reminiscing about about his sister Xue Xian Zi, he said that she is very similar to Mo Qing Wu, in that she would love a man to the end and that she would do anything for that love even if its evil acts, and hinted at that if Chu Yang had been evil then Mo Qing Wu wouldve been like Xue Xian Zi as well. And to Zi Hao's lover when Mo Qing Wu heard the story about her journeying thousands of miles in her lover's moment of danger to die at this side she looked at Chu Yang and told him she would do that as well, also Mo Qing Wu's Blade skills are the skills that Zi Hao's lover used.

So what do you guys think about this?
    Sure, Chu Yang and Yun Sha Ren both had to "give up" love in order to become more powerful, one in the pursue of the sword and one in the pursue of power, but that's about it. Compared to Yun Sha Ren, Pre-reincarnation Chu Yang was a bloody saint.

Yun Sha Ren is probably one of the most despicable villains I've read so far in xianxia. Every time I feel just a little bit of sympathy for him, I remind myself of all the evil stuff he did because he was an ambitious little shit.

Of how he schemed Zi Hao's death and the collapse of his whole empire. Of how he schemed his own father's death cause he was a paranoid shit. Of how he made his friend and his whole family into puppets, then ultimately made the same friend sacrifice his life in exchange for their freedom cause a better puppet came along. Of the entire fate of the Xue Family, Xue Xian-Er most of all.

And his excuse? Boo-bloody-hoo, my father was really evil! Even if I tried really hard, I won't be able to fit in like the rest of the boys and I am destined to be evil.

No, really, that's it...

Spoiler:
       “你们又知道什么?你们以为我云上人天生就是坏蛋么?他妈的!有一个万圣真魔的父亲。我能怎么样?就算我有胸怀天下的壮志,不惜一切的为天阙做好事,谋福利,不惜一切代价的行侠仗义,只要等到万圣真魔的真身泄露之时,我作为他的儿子,那仍旧是天下公敌!”

“就算我做到了圣人那般,到那时候也依然是死路一条!没有人会相信万圣真魔的儿子!没有!我所做的一切。都只会被世人当做故作姿态、道貌岸然、收买人心之举!”

他愤怒的咆哮着:“雪泪寒,妖心儿,陌青青……你们在那时候,能接受一个万圣真魔的儿子跟你们做朋友吗?能吗?”

雪泪寒和妖心儿面面相觑,平心而论,这件事,委实是绝对不可能的!正如云上人所说。只等他爹的万圣真魔面目一旦暴露,云上人就是天下公敌!

这件事,没有任何的第二个可能!

纵然云上人真是一个圣人,只要他有那样的老子。结果仍是惨淡!

“我无论如何选择,最终都是天下公敌,为何我不能做坏事了?我做了好事,最终也是天下公敌,为何我就十恶不赦了?”

“人生在世,我何尝不想堂堂正正做人!我他妈傻么?我当时年少英俊,事业有成,名声响亮,行侠仗义,我的名声,如日中天!我为何要苦心积虑的摆布一切?为什么?”

云上人疯狂咆哮:“但是这世道,什么都可以改!什么都可以变化!但惟独就是出身不能改!亲生父母不能变!”

“生为万圣真灵的儿子,这是我的宿命?!为什么为什么?”

“为什么我会有这样的宿命?大家同样都是人,为什么你们没有?为什么你们就可以清清白白?为什么你们就可以光明正大的将自身来历道出?!”

Jesus, that's it? Go suck a lemon, Yun Shan Ren! This is why I call you sha (stupid), you bloody brat!

Also: Must make this crystal clear. Read her death scene at v8 c894 again. Xue Xian Er never chose Yun Sha Ren over her own family. All the stuff she did for him over the past 1,000,000 years, she was forced to. Yun Sha Ren used mind control to make her into his most loyal puppet. One of the reasons she died later was because she felt immensely guilty over what she had done on his order and her fate simply because she fell for the wrong man. She may have loved him until the end, but if given a choice, she would choose death rather than to go along with all the evil stuff for his dreams of world unification.

Her death actually made me teary-eyed.

Anyhow, I just finished this story. I'm planning on starting on the author's next story, but I wanna ask... how bad is the next main character?

I heard he's literally a blockhead, like Dong Wu Shang or Mo Tian Ji. Also, I noticed that near the end, Chu Yang started to rely much more heavily on fables/stories to make a philosophical point when he could have just done it in a couple paragraphs. Does the next series have this problem? Cause after the first couple times, I just skipped it and go straight to the end.

Note: After much readings, there are indeed tsunderes in this story. And Chu Yang is totally whipped.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • i really wish Chu Yang had pulled out the meridians of all the Mo Clan elders and shoved them up their asses while making the eldest brother into a public gay whore for all of Lower heavens ( as i assume lower heavens has more people)
  • edited July 2016
    A theory regarding the mirror imagining of characters. Just a thought might not even be true.

Heavy Spoiler for 3rd book and 4th books

In the novel Chu Yang has several character who are very alike to him, almost like a mirror image or a What if scenarios.

1st we have to talk about some aspects of Chu Yang, from the what we know about Chu Yang's 1st life he was a ruthless and cold person, who used any methods to get what he wants, he manipulated Mo Qing Wu and used her love to train his sword skills, afterwards Mo Qing Wu was killed and in her moment of death she told Chu Yang that she knew he was using her the whole time and that she still loved him and wished he would've loved her back. later he came under attack as a revenge from Mo Qing Wu's brother, and in the end he committed suicide in order to kill all his attackers.
      so here we have these aspects about the 1st life of Chu Yang
    - He is ruthless and cold
    - He used his lover's love to futher his own powers
    - His Lover died before him, but in her moment of death said she still loved him.
    - He was killed as a result of revenge lead by his lover's brother
    - He killed himself in the end inorder to bury his attackers with him.

Now we will talk about who i think is a mirror of Chu Yang, Yun Shan Len - The Divine Lord. 

We know from the story that Yun Shan Len was a ruthless man that manipulated the events a million years ago inorder to become the Divine Lord, and in this he had gotten the Love of Xue Xian Zi, the daughter of the Xue Family one of the richest family in the Nine True Heavens, and later killed her father and known family members inorder to gain control of Xue Family's  power in his pursuit for his goal. a million years later this event was known to Xue Xian Zi's brother Xue Lei Han - The Eastern Emperor, and due to Yun Shan Len's plotting against Chu Yang several emperors joined with Chu Yang and his brother to kill Yun Shan Len, including Xue Xian Zi's brother Xue Lei Han. In the pursuit against Yun Shan Len, Xue Xian Zi was killed before him and in her moment of death she forgave Yun Shan Len for using her and said that even though she knows of all the evil he has done but still loved him. In the end under pursuit from Chu Yang he committed suicide inorder to destroy the protective mist preventing the Heavenly Demon's from invading, as if he couldn't rule the Nine True Heavens no one would.
    so we know these aspects of Yun Shan Len
    - He is ruthless and Cold
    - He used his lover's love to gain power
    - His lover died before him but in her moment of death still said she loved him
    - He was killed a a group of people that includes his lover's Brother
    - He killed himself in the end in order to killed everyone

So from this we can see that Yun Shan Len has many aspects that are similar to Chu Yang's previous life. and there is also a character that might be the the similar image to Chu Yang in his 2nd life and this character is Zi Hao, Zixiao Emperor

we know from what little there is that Zi Hao was a honorable man who was respected and loved by his sworn brothers and subjects, and he would do anything for his friends and brothers and he destroyed an entire sect inorder to take vengeance for his friends. and that he has a lover that traveled thousands of miles to be at his side when he was in danger and fought to death ahead of him. In the end He killedhim self inorder to inflict the most damage against the Heavenly Demons as he could.

Theres more hints that the author intended these characters as whatifs to Chu Yang with some of the comments other characters drop about Mo Qing Wu,
    once Xue Lei Han was reminiscing about about his sister Xue Xian Zi, he said that she is very similar to Mo Qing Wu, in that she would love a man to the end and that she would do anything for that love even if its evil acts, and hinted at that if Chu Yang had been evil then Mo Qing Wu wouldve been like Xue Xian Zi as well. And to Zi Hao's lover when Mo Qing Wu heard the story about her journeying thousands of miles in her lover's moment of danger to die at this side she looked at Chu Yang and told him she would do that as well, also Mo Qing Wu's Blade skills are the skills that Zi Hao's lover used.

So what do you guys think about this?
    Sure, Chu Yang and Yun Sha Ren both had to "give up" love in order to become more powerful, one in the pursue of the sword and one in the pursue of power, but that's about it. Compared to Yun Sha Ren, Pre-reincarnation Chu Yang was a bloody saint.

Yun Sha Ren is probably one of the most despicable villains I've read so far in xianxia. Every time I feel just a little bit of sympathy for him, I remind myself of all the evil stuff he did because he was an ambitious little shit.

Of how he schemed Zi Hao's death and the collapse of his whole empire. Of how he schemed his own father's death cause he was a paranoid shit. Of how he made his friend and his whole family into puppets, then ultimately made the same friend sacrifice his life in exchange for their freedom cause a better puppet came along. Of the entire fate of the Xue Family, Xue Xian-Er most of all.

And his excuse? Boo-bloody-hoo, my father was really evil! Even if I tried really hard, I won't be able to fit in like the rest of the boys and I am destined to be evil.

No, really, that's it...

Spoiler:
       “你们又知道什么?你们以为我云上人天生就是坏蛋么?他妈的!有一个万圣真魔的父亲。我能怎么样?就算我有胸怀天下的壮志,不惜一切的为天阙做好事,谋福利,不惜一切代价的行侠仗义,只要等到万圣真魔的真身泄露之时,我作为他的儿子,那仍旧是天下公敌!”

“就算我做到了圣人那般,到那时候也依然是死路一条!没有人会相信万圣真魔的儿子!没有!我所做的一切。都只会被世人当做故作姿态、道貌岸然、收买人心之举!”

他愤怒的咆哮着:“雪泪寒,妖心儿,陌青青……你们在那时候,能接受一个万圣真魔的儿子跟你们做朋友吗?能吗?”

雪泪寒和妖心儿面面相觑,平心而论,这件事,委实是绝对不可能的!正如云上人所说。只等他爹的万圣真魔面目一旦暴露,云上人就是天下公敌!

这件事,没有任何的第二个可能!

纵然云上人真是一个圣人,只要他有那样的老子。结果仍是惨淡!

“我无论如何选择,最终都是天下公敌,为何我不能做坏事了?我做了好事,最终也是天下公敌,为何我就十恶不赦了?”

“人生在世,我何尝不想堂堂正正做人!我他妈傻么?我当时年少英俊,事业有成,名声响亮,行侠仗义,我的名声,如日中天!我为何要苦心积虑的摆布一切?为什么?”

云上人疯狂咆哮:“但是这世道,什么都可以改!什么都可以变化!但惟独就是出身不能改!亲生父母不能变!”

“生为万圣真灵的儿子,这是我的宿命?!为什么为什么?”

“为什么我会有这样的宿命?大家同样都是人,为什么你们没有?为什么你们就可以清清白白?为什么你们就可以光明正大的将自身来历道出?!”

Jesus, that's it? Go suck a lemon, Yun Shan Ren! This is why I call you sha (stupid), you bloody brat!

Also: Must make this crystal clear. Read her death scene at v8 c894 again. Xue Xian Er never chose Yun Sha Ren over her own family. All the stuff she did for him over the past 1,000,000 years, she was forced to. Yun Sha Ren used mind control to make her into his most loyal puppet. One of the reasons she died later was because she felt immensely guilty over what she had done on his order and her fate simply because she fell for the wrong man. She may have loved him until the end, but if given a choice, she would choose death rather than to go along with all the evil stuff for his dreams of world unification.

Her death actually made me teary-eyed.

Anyhow, I just finished this story. I'm planning on starting on the author's next story, but I wanna ask... how bad is the next main character?

I heard he's literally a blockhead, like Dong Wu Shang or Mo Tian Ji. Also, I noticed that near the end, Chu Yang started to rely much more heavily on fables/stories to make a philosophical point when he could have just done it in a couple paragraphs. Does the next series have this problem? Cause after the first couple times, I just skipped it and go straight to the end.

Note: After much readings, there are indeed tsunderes in this story. And Chu Yang is totally whipped.

Fenling Tianxia has an unfortunate habit of creating similar characters though out his novels. like if u read his 3 finished novels, OEM, TTNH, LLT, you can see that some of the heroines are essentially photocopies of each other ( Zi Xie Qing and Mei Xue Yan) ( Jiao Yue and Lin Moon) ( Xian Xuan and Wu Qian Qian). I havent started on the next novel cause i like to read finished ones but looking at the trend many characters will be very similar to what you read before to the point that you can probably predict their actions or words in the chapters to come.
     This is not to say that its bad, but like reading it you should be prepared to similarities and repetations etc.
      Also i too heard the next main character is a blockhead which is turning me kinda of off from it. The characters from his other novels are usually quite intelligent regarding woman as well. ( although Chu Yang was obsessd over Mo Qing Wu for a bit in neglate of Wu Qian Qian but he was set straight afterwards)
    TTNH is most likely Fenling Tianxia's masterpiece, its much better then the preceding novels, and might be better then all the subsquent ones so dont hold on to much hope that the next novel will surpass it.

P.s: regarding the fables, one of the themes fenling tianxia uses though out his novels is fate, like many of the stories and fables would turn out to be turn or is a mirror image of current events. and many of of prophecy in his novels will come true. so most likely the next series will have a shitton of fable and stories to make its points.
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah, Mei Xue Yan and Zi Xie Qing are extremely similiar characters. They're both violently physically affectionate, extremely proud, and both of their real forms are white mink, though I think Mei Xue Yan is emotionally stronger than Zi Xie Qing.

Speaking of, I like my main characters serious but not grimdark. Jun Moye from OEM is very close to my ideal main character, which is why I prefer early Chu Yang to middle-heaven/beyond Chu Yang. His personality went through a great change somewhere in between. In the end, he's become such a pushover that even Mo Qing Wu and Wu Qian Qian started to bully him. Jun Moye had his problem too, but normally only around Mei Xue Yan or when  six or seven of them gang up on him.

I will give the next series a chance and start on it right away. The author hints of great things to come in one of the TTNH chapters (one of which, condensing time for cultivation). Since the main character is called Ye Xiao, I also wonder if the story takes place in the same world and if he's a descendant of the Ye Family. Though extremely unlikely, it'd be awesome if he is and he's somehow descended from Meng Chao Ran and Ye Chu Chen.

Note: I read OEM and TTNH, but not LLT. What is LLT? Is it the story of that crazy strong guy who appeared after Chu Yang crippled himself fighting Yun Shan Ren's clone and offered him two books from his library? If I didn't know better, I would have guessed that that person is the MC from another story I've read, Limitless Sword God, but alas, different authors.

Also, please, no more fables. Every time Chu Yang starts with... "A long time ago, there was a...", I drop my head on my desk.

Actually, I think this is mead.
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah, I am also curious about LLT. I have finish both OEM, TTNH and is read the latest novel by this author RITF and I while reading it, it mention the mc ye xiao being the fourth chosen one and it show moxie being 2nd and chu yang being 3rd but who is the 1st? I alway thought it was the nine netherworld young master but since you mention LLT, then I have to change my thinking then unless the mc of LLT is the nine netherworld young master but that's unlikely. 
    Oh yeah, for spoiler about the lastest novel, chu yang and the gang minus tan tan and most of the wives show up in it, so did moxie. As for ye xiao' iq and eq, he is definitely inferior to both moxie and chu yang, there was a part where he got trick by Jin mo into farting like an idiot. And his eq is pretty low too which is a disappointment but since he is like a 1000 year old virgin, I guess it make sense sort of. And the world of RITF seem to be the same as old nine heaven cause later ye xiao run into the valley/mountain where chu yang and the gang were staying after chu yang dantain got destroy and he got that book.(the place where they were fighting the kill the first or was it second clone of Yun Shan Ren), or I have misread and mo tan ji brought the mountain over to that world, also his leveling speed in his all powerful mystique cultivation is pretty slow, it have nine level and as of chapter 1300s which is where I am at, he is only at level 3. His strength is pretty high though as it as he is pretty much the strongest guy in his realm right now and he is about to go the a stronger which is the last realm of this novel I believe(this novel seem to have 9 stages and each realm have 3 stages, and where I am at the mc is at the 6th stage).
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah, I am also curious about LLT. I have finish both OEM, TTNH and is read the latest novel by this author RITF and I while reading it, it mention the mc ye xiao being the fourth chosen one and it show moxie being 2nd and chu yang being 3rd but who is the 1st? I alway thought it was the nine netherworld young master but since you mention LLT, then I have to change my thinking then unless the mc of LLT is the nine netherworld young master but that's unlikely. 
    Oh yeah, for spoiler about the lastest novel, chu yang and the gang minus tan tan and most of the wives show up in it, so did moxie. As for ye xiao' iq and eq, he is definitely inferior to both moxie and chu yang, there was a part where he got trick by Jin mo into farting like an idiot. And his eq is pretty low too which is a disappointment but since he is like a 1000 year old virgin, I guess it make sense sort of. And the world of RITF seem to be the same as old nine heaven cause later ye xiao run into the valley/mountain where chu yang and the gang were staying after chu yang dantain got destroy and he got that book.(the place where they were fighting the kill the first or was it second clone of Yun Shan Ren), or I have misread and mo tan ji brought the mountain over to that world, also his leveling speed in his all powerful mystique cultivation is pretty slow, it have nine level and as of chapter 1300s which is where I am at, he is only at level 3. His strength is pretty high though as it as he is pretty much the strongest guy in his realm right now and he is about to go the a stronger which is the last realm of this novel I believe(this novel seem to have 9 stages and each realm have 3 stages, and where I am at the mc is at the 6th stage).
    Ling Tian and the Nine netherworld 1st young master are different people, as for the chosen I think its probably Ling Tian (Mc of LLT), but who actually knows it might either be him or Nine netherworld 1st young master or even Heaven's will. like the in TTNH the blackclothed dude who fights with Jun Mo Xie is probably the Nine netherworld 1st young master not Ling Tian. But the chosen is most likly Ling Tian as he meets Chu Yang in TTNH too.

This also raises a question about timeline, we all know Jun Mo Xie is from earth, and so is Ling Tian, and looking from the technology etc they are most likly from the same earth, so they are most likly contempories. but this also rasies another question which is wtf happened to earth since we know tens of thousands of years passed from OEM to TTHN but Jun Mo Xie still mentions going to university in TTHN so does time go slower on earth or someshit. goddamn it Fengling Tianxia.

as for the world is it the old Nine Heavens Contient or the True Nine Heavens? cuz isnt the 9 emperors 1 empress still like in the True Nine Heavens not to mention Chu Yang's Wifu ruling over Zixiao.

P.S  One of the greatest plot hole or mystery in Fengling Tianxia novels is what actually is the power level of the MCs like Jun Mo Xie etc in other novels.
    like in the end of OEM and LLT both of the MCs are at the point of Collapsing Xiatian Shattering Space, which TTNH tells us is Supreme 1 in regular planes or the Mysterious level in the True Nine Heavens. but in LLT Heaven's will clearly Shattered space to leave the plane by himself which means he should be at around Zie Xie Qing's novel 3 level which is around Heaven's level. so does this mean the planes Jun Mo Xie or Ling Tian are in have higher limits on this? like the Nine Heaven's Contient used to have? also we know from TTNH the True Nine Heavens is infact the highest plane, but its just a small region in this highest plane so the power levels on the Nine True Heavens should hold true though out all the novels which mean after OEM and LLT ends the 2 Mcs from there wouldve needed to level up like a bunch more before they reached their level as of TTNH, wish the author would kinda of write afterstories for these XD.
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah, Mei Xue Yan and Zi Xie Qing are extremely similiar characters. They're both violently physically affectionate, extremely proud, and both of their real forms are white mink, though I think Mei Xue Yan is emotionally stronger than Zi Xie Qing.

Speaking of, I like my main characters serious but not grimdark. Jun Moye from OEM is very close to my ideal main character, which is why I prefer early Chu Yang to middle-heaven/beyond Chu Yang. His personality went through a great change somewhere in between. In the end, he's become such a pushover that even Mo Qing Wu and Wu Qian Qian started to bully him. Jun Moye had his problem too, but normally only around Mei Xue Yan or when  six or seven of them gang up on him.

I will give the next series a chance and start on it right away. The author hints of great things to come in one of the TTNH chapters (one of which, condensing time for cultivation). Since the main character is called Ye Xiao, I also wonder if the story takes place in the same world and if he's a descendant of the Ye Family. Though extremely unlikely, it'd be awesome if he is and he's somehow descended from Meng Chao Ran and Ye Chu Chen.

Note: I read OEM and TTNH, but not LLT. What is LLT? Is it the story of that crazy strong guy who appeared after Chu Yang crippled himself fighting Yun Shan Ren's clone and offered him two books from his library? If I didn't know better, I would have guessed that that person is the MC from another story I've read, Limitless Sword God, but alas, different authors.

Also, please, no more fables. Every time Chu Yang starts with... "A long time ago, there was a...", I drop my head on my desk.

LLT= Legend of Ling Tian or 凌天传说 in Chinese

and yes The MC from LLT ( Ling Tian ) is the dude who gives Chu Yang the 2 books after his dantian got exploded. as the girl in the garden is Ling Chen since she calls the Youth Gongzi which is Ling Tian's call sign. and The youth in TTNH mentions Ling Jian and Heaven's will in their conversation infront of Chu Yang

Also regarding the Ye family, theres also 2 more young masters of the Ye family left alive in the novel, the 1st young master who broke free of the demon thingy and the 4th? the dude who pretends to be like female. so he could be a descendent.
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah I agree the power level of between novel is pretty confusing but in the lastest one it get even more absurd like apparently after you get to 7 stage you can pretty much live forever or something and people from the highest plane in that novel can apparently rip space and travel through multi micro plane, crosses stars and even destroy those plane if they use they power too much(they can also do stuff like drop a mountain, create stair using rainbow, make million of hateful soul reincarnate with a single word).When I was first reading it, and when I heard that plane have 4 super powerhouse that control a corner, I actually thought they were the previous mc from the previous novel. But it later on it clearly mention that chu yang, the gang and moxie are even above them, so I think different plane have different standard like in this novel it talk about how the pressure between plane are different so if you are on 3rd stage which is the highest in the mortal plane, you can do pretty much anything like travel several 1000 km easily but after you break through that world limit and get to the heaven realm(2nd realm) with 4th stage power, it would be impressive if you are able to travel for like 100km without getting tire, so it could be different plane have different pressure/standard so after you are able to pass the limit of you plane and if your plane is the highest macro plane then you are unrestricted by any limit and you can pretty much travel anywhere and do pretty much anything. All I know is moxie and chu yang and his brother are like some crazy powerful deity now that are basically the highest standard thoughout all the novel with moxie being the strongest with chu yang following close behind then his brother(as ling tian didn't show up or mention yet in this one but from his appearance in TTNH, I am pretty sure he is still stronger than moxie). Also it's weird ling tian didn't show up in OEM, I thought it was a thing where the previous chosen one would be the one who leave behind thing and help the mc like moxie/ling tian helping chu yang and chu yang/ his brother helping ye xiao(well moxie help ye xiao too).

also I would like to ask how many wives did ling tian have?
  • edited July 2016
    Yeah I agree the power level of between novel is pretty confusing but in the lastest one it get even more absurd like apparently after you get to 7 stage you can pretty much live forever or something and people from the highest plane in that novel can apparently rip space and travel through multi micro plane, crosses stars and even destroy those plane if they use they power too much(they can also do stuff like drop a mountain, create stair using rainbow, make million of hateful soul reincarnate with a single word).When I was first reading it, and when I heard that plane have 4 super powerhouse that control a corner, I actually thought they were the previous mc from the previous novel. But it later on it clearly mention that chu yang, the gang and moxie are even above them, so I think different plane have different standard like in this novel it talk about how the pressure between plane are different so if you are on 3rd stage which is the highest in the mortal plane, you can do pretty much anything like travel several 1000 km easily but after you break through that world limit and get to the heaven realm(2nd realm) with 4th stage power, it would be impressive if you are able to travel for like 100km without getting tire, so it could be different plane have different pressure/standard so after you are able to pass the limit of you plane and if your plane is the highest macro plane then you are unrestricted by any limit and you can pretty much travel anywhere and do pretty much anything. All I know is moxie and chu yang and his brother are like some crazy powerful deity now that are basically the highest standard thoughout all the novel with moxie being the strongest with chu yang following close behind then his brother(as ling tian didn't show up or mention yet in this one but from his appearance in TTNH, I am pretty sure he is still stronger than moxie). Also it's weird ling tian didn't show up in OEM, I thought it was a thing where the previous chosen one would be the one who leave behind thing and help the mc like moxie/ling tian helping chu yang and chu yang/ his brother helping ye xiao(well moxie help ye xiao too).

also I would like to ask how many wives did ling tian have?
    Ling Tian had 6 wifes.

aye different realms had different limit, like when Chu Yang 1st arrived at Nine True Heavens.

I always thought that the pagoda Jun Mo Xie had was from Ling Tian I might be wrong though, as Ling Tian is from earth as well.

Yeah I think Ling Tian is stronger then Jun Mo Xie as in TTNH he mentioned that Ling Jian usually fights with a black clothed dude( nine netherworld 1st young master), and only when Heaven's will teamed up with that dude did he lost, and Ling Tian is much stronger then Ling Jian. and we know from TTNH Jun Mo Xie fights in a standstill wtih the black clothed dude thus from this we can predict that Ling Tian is probably stronger then Jun Mo Xie.
  • edited July 2016
    -What chapter do mc meet mo qian wu again after her brother bring her back to the clan? 
    - what chapter do Gu Du Xing save his elder sister?
  • Does his companions/enemies find out that he is the owner of the TTNH sword?if so, when and how do they find out?how was their reaction?thanks!
  • Just read first 200 chapters. I, somewhat, can tell that the author is pretty thoughtful with his writings.
    Okay. I'll give it a year for the translator, so I can read the piled up chapters.
  • i really wish Chu Yang had pulled out the meridians of all the Mo Clan elders and shoved them up their asses while making the eldest brother into a public gay whore for all of Lower heavens ( as i assume lower heavens has more people)
    Lmfao
  • When do chu yang's master reunite with his love?
  • AmazingLi said:
    When do chu yang's master reunite with his love?
    anyone know the answer?

• The young guy who chu yang meets after exploding his dantian where he goes into some library to read some martial arts book.
    Is he mentioned in any of the author's other novels?
  • When do chu yang meet zi xie qing in old nine heaven?
  • Chu Yang's master meets his wife in either upper heaven or 9 heavenly continent

• Let me be a bit shameless and ask..
    1. Which chapter does Gu Du Xing rescue his sister?
    2. Which (or all) chapter(s) that MC sleep with his wives? Qing Qing? Bu Tian? Does MC ever make out with Qing Wu?
  • lorwa said:
    Let me be a bit shameless and ask..
    2. Which (or all) chapter(s) that MC sleep with his wives? Qing Qing? Bu Tian? Does MC ever make out with Qing Wu?
    Around 1200's with by tian, qing wu - last chapter  
  • lorwa said:
    Let me be a bit shameless and ask..
    Around 1200's with by tian, qing wu - last chapter  
    The last chapter? Well played author, well played.
  • edited August 2016
    Can anybody spoil me more on Zi Xie Qing?
    1. What is her background/identity? related to monster clan? does that affect her relationship with MC?
    2. How did she fall for MC? How did she suddenly become one of his wife?
    3. Does MC ever sleep with her? 
  • edited August 2016
    lorwa said:
    Can anybody spoil me more on Zi Xie Qing?
    1. What is her background/identity? related to monster clan? does that affect her relationship with MC?
    2. How did she fall for MC? How did she suddenly become one of his wife?
    3. Does MC ever sleep with her? 
    Chu Yang 1st meets her in the black blood forest where she is the leader, she was curios in him due to the fact he could enter a special state while in combat that allows her to gather power to heal herself (she has lost part of her power)

she later goes on a journey with him using her beauty to attract perverts (inorder to make him battle etc) they go to a special gathering of doctors and alchemists hosted by the Nine overlords and the Law enforcement ( this event is essential for dealing with the nine tribulation sword master aka chuyang) chu yang was invited there by one of the 9 region heads of law enforcment.

bunch of stuff happened essential at one point the nine overlords and the law enforcement realises how op Zi Xie Qing is and hatches a plan to kill her along with Feng/Yue and Bo Liu Qing ( 3 of the top 5 supreme in the Nine heavens continent) so they like gather over 1000 supremes (100 from each family and 100 from the law enforcement) and form this super formation with Wu Ju Cheng as the center ( he is one of the nine tribulations from 40k years ago and wants revenge on the nine tribulation sword master) they  win against Feng/Yue and Bo Liu Qing without heavy losses but then Zi Xie Qing show up and steps into their "trap"  and kills off 99% of the supremes leaving only the 2nd ancestors of the nine families, Wu Ju Cheng and the Law enforcment head alive. the law enforcement head then betrays Wu Ju Cheng and bails but Zie Xie Qing chases after him and almost kill him but he got away in the end.
    during this battle Bo Liu Qing manages to break Xiantian and essential was about to ascend to the Nine true heavens and Zi Xie Qing by using her full power must leave as well, so she left behind a poem for Chu Yang to find her and tears open space to ascend by herself. ( at this point Wu Jun Cheng who was heavily injuried was essentially like holy shit due to realizing how op Zi Xie Qing actually is) at this point she already has feelings for Chu Yang. ( they made a bet that if Chu Yang can beat her she will let him do her and marry him)

later when chu yang meets Ning Tianya again it is revealed that Zi Xie Qing is one of the Chosen 4 for Chu Yang as each of the 4 girls contribute something that is missing for Chu Yang ( who chose the 4? its either Jun Mo Xie or Ling Tian)

we learn later that Zi Xie Qing is actually not human and was a beast but she does this dangerous process to turn herself fully human ( for chu yang ofcourse) and quietly practices in the Nine True heavens waiting for Chu Yang to go and find her

bunch of stuff happens and Chu Yang find her again, she ofcourse beat the shit out of Chu Yang the 1st time they meet due to Chu Yang making a bet with 3 other dudes that he can get to meet her. ( 2 of the dudes were pursing Zi Xie Qing as they fell in love with her the 3rd was Tan Tan, needless to say after seeing the brutal beating Zi Xie Qing dished out the 2 dudes were scared shitless and had nightmares and was extremely thankful they didnt manage to win her hand)

bunch of stuff happened and during a quest for answers as to the plots behind the fall of Zixiao heaven. Chu Yang, Mo Qing Wu, Zi Xie Qing, Xue Lei Han, and Xue Qi meets Liu/Wu couple and while Xue Lie Han was bartering with the husband the wife was like smiling at Zi Xie Qing as she recongizes her as the master of the Black Blood Forrest ( and had fought the couple before and probably beaten them mercilessly) they make convo and just as the couple was about to leave they ask if Zi Xie Qing have any relationships to the Zixiao Emperor Zi Hao, which stuns Xue Lei Han but Zi Xie Qing says its impossible as she was born hundreds of thousands of years after Zi Hao's death. but this question intrigues Xue Lei Han and he began to stare intensely at her and realises something. It is then revealed that Zi Xie Qing is infact Zixiao Emperor Zi Hao's daughter as her mother Ling Piao Pin is actually from a beast tribe and her true form is a soul mink and soul minks actually are born from eggs and as mothers they are able to imprint skills etc into their unborn child and are able to delay the birth of their child for thousands of years. ( her mother is pretty op as well she was one of the 3 great beauties of the Beast heaven and was one of its 3 greatest experts) her mother had fought to death 1 step ahead of Zi Hao ( she had used all her power including her life to attack and with 1 skill killed of millions of the Heavenly Demons, the Heavenly Demons fear her almost as much as Zi Hao). Xue Lei Han essentially was moved to tears as he realised that Zi Hao had left behind a daughter ( and was kinda of pissed that Chu Yang have 4 lovers as he thinks that he should be devoted to just Zi Xie Qing ( even though he had supported chu yang previously due to Mo Qing Wu))

Zi Xie Qing later goes to Zixiao Heaven inorder to see where her father ruled and died. they meet the previous nine tribulations guard the bridge and beachhead into the occupied Zixiao Heaven and you see once Zi Xie Qing's idenity as the princess of Zi Xiao heaven is revealed, everyone was extremely respectful to her as they all revere Zixiao Emperor Zi Hao. (even the heavenly demons revere Zi Hao as they feared him so much)

later they fight their way to the Imperial Capital for Zi Xie Qing to pay respect to her parents ( outside the walls of the Imperial city Zi Hao had written 2 lines of words that roughly translates to "as long as a single citizen of Zixiao lives, No heavenly demon can step inside" and that when the Heavenly Demons fought their way into the Imperial city all they found was a ghost city as every single citizens of the Imperial City had fought to death outside the walls) 

Later when Chu Yang marries it is revealed that another of the 9 emperors 1 empress was actually the little brother of Zi Hao and when he learned that Zi Xie Qing was Zi Hao's daughter he cried from joy as he realises his brother still had a daughter alive, and was like really pissed that Chu Yang placed her name 4th on his marriage notice ( as Zi Xie Qing is essentially the princess of 3 Heavens and had 2 Emperors that was willing to die for her due to her father)

P.s: As Chu Yang had married Zi Xie Qing and Zi Xie Qing is essentially the Heir to Zixiao Heaven thus he essentially got Zixiao Heaven as a dowre. and Xue Lei Han had always treated Chu Yang like a brother but after he found out that Zi Xie Qing was Zi Hao's daughter he beat Chu Yang up for the 1st time the 1st night afterwards (really brutally so brutal that Chu Yang will never forget about it) 

• The young guy who chu yang meets after exploding his dantian where he goes into some library to read some martial arts book.
    He is Ling Tian he is the MC of another one of the Author Fengling Tianxia's novel called Legend of Ling Tian 凌天传说
  • Probably already answered somewhere in these 8 pages, but how strong is CY at the end of the novel, is he ever OP? I mean currently he's pretty weak, and from what I'm reading he pretty much stays that way in comparison with his friends/new companions.
    The only thing he has for him is that he knows anything related to his past life, and the tribulation sword. But I feel if he didn't have those, he would essentially be fodder.
    He is Ling Tian he is the MC of another one of the Author Fengling Tianxia's novel called Legend of Ling Tian 凌天传说

The young guy who chu yang meets after exploding his dantian where he goes into some library to read some martial arts book.
    He is Ling Tian he is the MC of another one of the Author Fengling Tianxia's novel called Le Ling Tian 凌天

Is it translated?
  • Who is Xue Leihan?
    What is his relationship with MC? How does he know about MC former life?
  • How many children will he have and with which women?