Transcending The Nine Heavens

Comments

• Questions:  

- What is Chu Yang's real identity?  Does he ever meet/confront his real family and ask why he was abandoned?
    - What chapter does he complete the Nine Tribulation Sword?
    - Does his master ever find his wife if she's still alive?
    - What rank does Chu Yang reach in the end?
    - Tan Tan doesn't die a second time right?  
    - What rank is his master and why did he disappear?

-what the guy above me is right, his real idenity is the son of the 1st young master of the Chu family( essential Chu Yang is the heir to the Chu Family), and his mother was pretty heartbroken over losing Chu Yang and the family for the past 18 years has been trying to find him.

-He completes the Nine tribulation sword by chapter mid-late third book, so around 1500 chapters i think.

- Yes his master find his wife and they have a ever happily afterwards.

- The rank was never specificed it was just beyond the level of the True Nine heaven's rulers 

- No Tan Tan is pretty op you will see in the end, ( he becomes one of the emperors like Chu Yang)

- think his master is like Marital Reverend close to Martial king or emperor don't remenber its either that or a Marital King.

• So chu family is in mid heavens or the high heavens?
    and does this novel feature rape cos it makes me dont want to read it just like mga.
  • So chu family is in mid heavens or the high heavens?
    and does this novel feature rape cos it makes me dont want to read it just like mga.

The Chu Family is a Mid-sized family of the High Heavens.

No there's no rape in this novel, there isn't really even one of those massacres, yes theres alot of death but alot of is like during battles or open warfare, and Chu Yang never engages in indiscriminate slaughter like many other protagonists.

One of the best thing regarding this novel is how the "Villians" are still respectful. yes you might dislike some of them for their action and do cheer Chu Yang on but you will still feel a grudging respect for their ability and smarts. its like "I respect the son of a bitch, but that won't stop me from killing him" type of deal.
  • KIlling and slaughter to some extent is fine but too much gore and rape like MGA is a total no-no for me.Anyways thanks for the spoilers.
  • edited January 2016
    How many masters of 9Tribulation Sword were there before Chu Yang?
    Is Nine True Heavens a higher realm?
    Why did the courier came to the continent and divided it?
    What did you mean by false story?
    Who is the creator of 9TS and why did he create it?
  • edited January 2016

There were 8 masters, Chu Yang is the 9th

Yes the Nine True Heavens is a higher realm.

Kay the last three questions are linked, 1st of all the "Courier" is none other then Xue Le Han The Eastern Emperor, Lord of the Eastern Imperial Heavens and he choose the continent cause the sword led him there #destiny and the "sword" was originally like several pieces anyways, as for the False story, this is because there will be 2 in-depth version of this story told, the one I placed here the "false version" is the one we see 1st, told by Prince Wei in book 1, it is not until book 3 did we heard the "True" version from Xue Le Han himself.

The creator of the Nine tribulation sword is a powerful being that is beyond even the Nine True Heavens, and the reason he created it was to "make up" for something he did, and he did it to help the Nine True Heavens defend against an Invasion by the Outer Heavenly Demons.
  • So does Chu Yang meet this creator and by the end of the story is he on a higher level or the same level as the creator?Is there anyone higher or at the same level as the creator?Can you tell us about Chu Yang's sworn brothers/sisters except Tan Tan?
  • hmm maybe I should pick this novel up for mtl :P But this is like the size of MGA atm :P 
  • Are the antagonists in the novel rapey like ATG and MGA to the extent that even small fries are like this also? Really want to know as it's really tiring to have MC's gals being the reason he gets into conflicts. Every young lord with a good background be like,"She's a heavenly sent beauty. I must have her. Fuck that guy named MC, he doesn't have any background and his cultivation is low. She doesn't love me? Who cares. I will force myself on her. Underlings! Go! Kidnap her for me, so I can violate her until she can't live without me!" That's really really really annoying for me. I don't mind if it only happens once or twice though. Sooo.. Is this novel like that or no?
  • There was one guy who acted kind of like that, but he only lasted one chapter maybe two?  Most of the antagonist aren't really rapey though
  • Are the antagonists in the novel rapey like ATG and MGA to the extent that even small fries are like this also? Really want to know as it's really tiring to have MC's gals being the reason he gets into conflicts. Every young lord with a good background be like,"She's a heavenly sent beauty. I must have her. Fuck that guy named MC, he doesn't have any background and his cultivation is low. She doesn't love me? Who cares. I will force myself on her. Underlings! Go! Kidnap her for me, so I can violate her until she can't live without me!" That's really really really annoying for me. I don't mind if it only happens once or twice though. Sooo.. Is this novel like that or no?

LMFAO
  • idtran said:

There was one guy who acted kind of like that, but he only lasted one chapter maybe two?  Most of the antagonist aren't really rapey though

Thanks. Already had this answered on reddit as well. Anyway, now I can read without worries. :p
  • So typical chinese....

There are nine "The nine tribulations" so why are they all male... and again the protagonist has more the one girl...
  • edited January 2016
    The nine tribulation along with their family is suppose help the nine sword master take over high heaven and replace the 9 great families.  So only the males carry on the family name, so that may be one reason.  Another reason is that in asia, there's this belief that theirs this bond between males making them brothers where they can do anything for each other even give up their lives.  You can see this in the story, his bonds between the nine tribulations is unbreakable and face all adversity together fulling trusting the brothers to be there.  It's harder to write that for a female comrade unless its a love interest because there's no precedent for male female friendships.

As for the more then one girl things, I have no comments on it as theres been many discussions about harems already.
  • I'm currently reading this one after finishing Otherworldly Evil Monarch which was also written by the same author (before Transcending).

I was hoping for some comic relief too, but as of now (chapter 200 or so) Transcending is really slow paced.... and has a LOT of characters introduced already... Maybe I should start taking notes on them... Too easy to lost track.

• How many masters of 9Tribulation Sword were there before Chu Yang?

Kay the last three questions are linked, 1st of all the "Courier" is none other then Xue Le Han The Eastern Emperor, Lord of the Eastern Imperial Heavens and he choose the continent cause the sword led him there #destiny and the "sword" was originally like several pieces anyways, as for the False story, this is because there will be 2 in-depth version of this story told, the one I placed here the "false version" is the one we see 1st, told by Prince Wei in book 1, it is not until book 3 did we heard the "True" version from Xue Le Han himself.

The creator of the Nine tribulation sword is a powerful being that is beyond even the Nine True Heavens, and the reason he created it was to "make up" for something he did, and he did it to help the Nine True Heavens defend against an Invasion by the Outer Heavenly Demons.
    What's the context that these two stories are being told? Is it like a movie when we start off in media res, and then the rest of it is basically flashbacks/a story being told to the audience?
  • edited February 2016
    hey guys i'm thinking of starting this novel ,but when i start i don't stop with translation i continue till last raws,and seeiing this one finished i works out well,but i need someone to spoil me some things first because i cant start it and the find these annoying things again(lot of novels have them) so

first ,tragedy, does it by the end of novel any harem member die (i can bear it if someone dies then revives later on or somthing) what i hate is those romeo juliet thing but only girl dies  ,

second is this world full of annoying and stupid enemeies everywhere(que MGA PMG ....) because i cant handle another novel with so much  enemy created with face reasons also is mc himself at least normal intelligence (don't need super smart but at least normal would be good sometimes)

third is there overarching plot or is like the  novels i mentionned no plot just arcs, and the whole thing is built around mc wanting power and not aquiring power to move plot ahead,

fifth and this is important does the side charcters(especially harems) stick around with the plot or is like MGA and PMG they have arcs and then mc throws them aside  to keep getting new harems and new powers with no interaction(PMG actually later seperates with wife 20 years and come back save her but litterally same chapter or next one  plot moves on to other things they do this plots but when they solve  them there are no noteworthy interaction or resting for a bit between fighting)
    i hope this have some good villains not annoying ones  and side characters that  stick around or at least are relevant throughout i dont want martial odysse with so many harems around all the time (might work  elsewhere but the writing  of martial odysse is stupid as f dropped in first 15 ch and i sticked to there only because i never drop novels otherwise at first chapter drop so this one was my first dropped novel ) so i want interactions and relevant side characters but not cumbersome whiny ones,but i could do if at least two annoying things from what i mentionned arent around here,hopefully someone who read raws answers me
  • Good luck trying to find an xianxia where the couple together the whole time. Not even in old wuxia novels the couples always get seperated I guess it's a device to get the MC stronger to get his woman back. I also dropped Martial Odyssey I couldnt tolerate the MC anymore. 
  • i don't want them to fade in wich any half decent author can do just don't throw them in same far away place and go back after 500 chapters ,if author didnt spend so much time aquiring and adding that character i would not bother but they spend so much time to set up the arcs but once they do it's done move on to next one,thats just stupid and frustrating ,imagine when they set up an annoying enemy that opresses mc and while powering up mc always another enemy will show up(always do) to make mc want to be more powerful than second enemy and while story progressing he will meet enemy 1 and will obliterate him like nothing happened because why because enemy 2 is his target now ,so you end up asking why the f did you set up that first one at all and made readers so frustrated with situation if you havent planned a satisfying closure(no matter how its done your attenion is more at that moment on second enemy because thats what story going ahead to so first one now is just an after taste) and they do that with powers and with girls ,so i was hoping for some novel that at least has some decent developement and not rejectable enemies and haremettes ,cause thats what they are in these novels they ,and just to make sure people understand my meaning ,i don't care if they separate harem members or even friends and side chara but for a reason ,not just because he's going away and author does it to make you want to see them reunited cause thats the only reason they do it in the novels i've mentionned
  • Can someone gives me Detailed spoilers about what will happen to Mo Tian ji and Diwu Qin till the end of the
  • Tetsuki said:
    So typical chinese....

There are nine "The nine tribulations" so why are they all male... and again the protagonist has more the one girl...
    this is really spoileriy, but notice i only listed Eight People for the Nine tribu? thats cuz the 9th is a girl which isn't suppose to happen as all nine are suppose to be male.
    Bailee said:

What's the context that these two stories are being told? Is it like a movie when we start off in media res, and then the rest of it is basically flashbacks/a story being told to the audience?
    These "background" stories are usually told through Chu Yang's thoughts or when someone else tells it to Chu Yang in the form of a story.
    becool said:
    hey guys i'm thinking of starting this novel ,but when i start i don't stop with translation i continue till last raws,and seeiing this one finished i works out well,but i need someone to spoil me some things first because i cant start it and the find these annoying things again(lot of novels have them) so

first ,tragedy, does it by the end of novel any harem member die (i can bear it if someone dies then revives later on or somthing) what i hate is those romeo juliet thing but only girl dies  ,

second is this world full of annoying and stupid enemeies everywhere(que MGA PMG ....) because i cant handle another novel with so much  enemy created with face reasons also is mc himself at least normal intelligence (don't need super smart but at least normal would be good sometimes)

third is there overarching plot or is like the  novels i mentionned no plot just arcs, and the whole thing is built around mc wanting power and not aquiring power to move plot ahead,

fifth and this is important does the side charcters(especially harems) stick around with the plot or is like MGA and PMG they have arcs and then mc throws them aside  to keep getting new harems and new powers with no interaction(PMG actually later seperates with wife 20 years and come back save her but litterally same chapter or next one  plot moves on to other things they do this plots but when they solve  them there are no noteworthy interaction or resting for a bit between fighting)
    i hope this have some good villains not annoying ones  and side characters that  stick around or at least are relevant throughout i dont want martial odysse with so many harems around all the time (might work  elsewhere but the writing  of martial odysse is stupid as f dropped in first 15 ch and i sticked to there only because i never drop novels otherwise at first chapter drop so this one was my first dropped novel ) so i want interactions and relevant side characters but not cumbersome whiny ones,but i could do if at least two annoying things from what i mentionned arent around here,hopefully someone who read raws answers me
    # 1 Qian Qian goes into suspended animation for like few hundred chapter.
      But tragedy is really loosely defined, like nothing tragic really happens to the MC but there are tragic stories throughout the novel, some of the parts are really emotional and tragic and will evoke sadness when your reading it but they aren't tragic events happening to the Mc but more of the crueity of the world type of thing.

#2 No this world's enemy are really good, most of the major enemys are all really fucken smart and makes you respect them, as i said earily you won't hate the enemys and in a way when mc evenutally overcomes them you feel a bit bad for them. most of the novel revolve around plots, not power. also the best thing i like about this is that in this novel Quanity do have a Quality, like the regular people( the Military) can gank a high powered dude, like at around chapter 150ish Chu Yang surronds 2 King Ranked enemies with more then 50 thousand soilders and they manged to kill one and mortally wound the other, its not like powerfest galor like in the other novels.

#3 Yes it is a bit arc based but all the arc are related and there is this overall backstory thats driving the story foward. the story is more of being driving by the completing of one plan to the completing of another.

#5?(wheres 4 XD)  The main characters, AKA the harem and the 9 tribulations, along with 2-3 side characters will stick around, most of the others will be gone in the 4th volume, but the people you meet in the 1st 3 volumes will be recurring.
    Diwu Qingro is a very good villian, he makes you respect him for his smarts.
    The main villans of the 2nd novel is a bit meh, but they are really there to introduce the antagonists for the 3rd novel where you will meet some really good villand and Diwu Qingro will make a comeback, In the 4th novel you will meet new villians one of which will make you wonder alot, as he really is a mirror of Chu Yang, as in this is what chu yang and Mo qing Wu could've become, its not that apparent but its in the undertoon when the villan is introduced.
  • edited February 2016
    you're good, but your cultivation's still too low for you to see through the hidden 4th question

be cool, I'd say. be cool
  • edited February 2016
    ... wrong forum
  • hey man thank you so much for replying (4th question i feel either i'm forgetting it or when i was typing i mistaked and im actually not sure wich is true xd ifeel like my memory already has weakened ..) and from your answers i feel like i can safely go ahead and start reading this , since one of the things i like is side chaacters being there(even if they fade sometimes) and from your reply i feel that this novel will have happy endings for all,and that's what i like i mean dont get me wrong tragedy is good ,but don't give me(a step to the past) when you start killing waifus for no reason(i mean once or twice for developement of mc is fine but tha shit went over the limit ),so once again thx hopefully this gets me to calm down a bit ,i feel like reading a lot of xianxia continuatilly has made me furious with mga ,when if i read it like a year before i wouldve loved it way more,hopefully this would be worthwile
  • edited February 2016
    So far so good. Read the raws up to chapter 1500. This novel's author and ISSTH's author are like Oda (One Piece) of the manga world. Yes, this novel is that good, but currently very under-appreciated. Foreshadowing can dated back hundred chapters. Logic and common sense flows perfectly. This xianxia novel has very good Jianghu world which you can only find in hardcore wuxia novels (I might exaggerated xD.) The author also loves to make cool poems. (You can't even find those in some of the current popular novels around.) MC is very likable. Antagonists are not brain-dead and ignorant. Excellence world building. However, two of the selling points in this novel are good romance and humor, which keep me entertained. Recommended for advanced readers. This (TTNH) and ISSTH are currently my favorites.
  • I love this novel. It seems the author is a genius. Compared to MGA which is repititive and predictable, it's like heaven and earth. Two reasons that I like bout this one is no one of the heroines die unlike other xianxia novels and there isnt a tragic thing will happen to the mc(based from the previous spoiler i've read). I'm puttting this in my top list.
  • hey guys ,i was thinking of reading this novel after seeing some reviews in novelupdates , and reading informations here, so i wanna ask some things before starting since they annoy me in xianxia a lot of times(might not in a different written  novel  and this one seems to be but i'll ask anyway )  :

it's first about  the  mc  fighting i  heard that  the novel is based  a lot  about strategy and  thats actually  one  of the reason  im already liking  it , but is the mc capable of fighting stronger enemies  and  fighting  across states , and  if so does  the  author  keeps it or does he  do the  old bait and switch (other xianxia  almost  always do it and it annoys me) as in start fighting across states but later start makign justifications to limit his fighting in near states instead of increasing it,

also for the girls are  there a lot  of tsunders ( come  on  MGA  there  are other girl  types) cause i can tolerate tsunders but in these  chinese novels sometimes they  are even savagers and more  violent than in japanese (  and even when not that  violent the start  of the relationship  will be bad  so when they get toghether ill always remember the start  even if the girl become sweeter  (zi ling  actually tries to kill mc and  mc wants   her for body  benefit  i mean  come on have you never written romance  a elementary can write better ,yeah i like  somehow zi ling now but thats only because i tried to eraze the whole   beginnart  developement  because thats one of the worst ive read  but not really the worst) , also all girls  being tsunders  is a no no( sorry for those that  like  there  mc  being beaten by girls  that  dont like  them  at first  because looking down on them or just a savege personnality ,you can write tsundere greatly buyt these chinese  somehow 90%  of the time screw  it sp i might as well avoid it)

do the girls interact between them ,or is it the type of harem where the  mc goes  around collecting  them , but as soon as there arcs is done ,  you  only see them for something  unrelated  with  plot  and  not  have  them  interact  with other  charcters  other than  mc,

also this is kind of a feeling type question ,  for those that finished all or at least half ; do you  feel satisfied  when  the author finishes an arc ,compare  it for ex to MGA ,  you  get the 300 chapters (unrelated to the saving i might add )  to  save  su  sisters , but  when  you do,  he like leaves them immediatly  with next to  no interaction or  involvement  to plot , and now he has to  save  zi  ling so we go through 600 chapters of unrelated plot (to the saving)  but when he does saves her , guess what ,shes  thrown aside again like those before her , and you get maybe later the scene of sleeping with her or something wich is supposed to satisfy , but its  the same frustrating developement   pattern ,they do ait as well  for enemies , get an enemy make him the focus of mc  getting stronger   ,but by the time mc can beat him  some  elder  will  appear or someone stronger ,  so that enemy will be  pointless by then its just an  after  thought  ,and  when dead not really that satisfying ,  and we move on ,  even though you spend dozens of chapters on it and runing away and ... but when you get to  fight you see how  pointless it all was ,so  i hope  this actually  plans  the arcs  and doesnt just start inserting  random people  and devlopement  to prolongue  the novel for no reason  ,but focus on what it already  has  or on what is introduced
  • Guys, if u come to spoilers section and ask in details if u should read or not its kinda kills the point, as u can read whole bunch of spoilers and destroy the fun of stories, my advice read 10-20 chapter and then come here and ask if its worth it to continue.. I dont meant to offense anybody, just my opinion that in 10 chapters usually its either hook our heart to read (and enjoy the ride) or dropped it LOL,.
  • edited February 2016

anlie said:
    Guys, if u come to spoilers section and ask in details if u should read or not its kinda kills the point, as u can read whole bunch of spoilers and destroy the fun of stories, my advice read 10-20 chapter and then come here and ask if its worth it to continue.. I dont meant to offense anybody, just my opinion that in 10 chapters usually its either hook our heart to read (and enjoy the ride) or dropped it LOL,.
    only 10-20 chapters? maybe if it is a TJSS novel. but for most others, you have to read at least 50-100 before you can even begin to decided if it's good or you want to continue reading.
  • xd thats the reason of people asking for spoilers so that they wont be dissapointed by those 20 chapters your talking about ,and from my experience once i start a novel i get attached to charcters it becomes even harder to drop ,so while i havent built any rapport to story or mc /side charcters ,asking for a spoiler is actually better cause then you avoid being dissapointed later on( so many novels start good or even great and turn to shit later on ,ex MGA ,PMG martial odysee (ok last one from start was  stupid as f but couldnt help it, had to include it xd )and the list goes on )so while some spoilers will be dangerous but the right spoilers will help lot of readers avoid being frustrated with then novel (especially because the frustration actually increases several folds if you actually like the novel at first  like read a step to the past and come back to me tell me you wouldnt like spilers first hand(by the way its written way better than the novels ive mentionnes but the choice author takes of wanting tragedy just for the sake of tragedy will make you slam the pc hard and want to erase your brain i mean at first was to develope the mc but later was pointless just for the sake of shock ,now read that and tell me you wouldnt like being spiled beforhand)