Official ISSTH art (contains some spoilers)

Comments

• Caladbolg said:

WoW, he looks so cool here! ~~

Actually, the very first image in the thread is Fang Mu...... It will become even more obvious why in the next chapter release....
  • o.O Then people in this novel really can't recognize Mount Tai when they see it... xD It's a contagious disase xD
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!
  • It wasn't before now I noticed the cauldron symbol on his robe. My mind is blown
  • isn't meng hao supposed to have dark skin now? why is his skin always so white..
  • Tinalynge said:

It wasn't before now I noticed the cauldron symbol on his robe. My mind is blown

Guess, what, if you look closely, the medallion in his hand has the ancient version of the Chinese character 禁, which is what I'm translating as "blacklist".....
  • edited October 2015
    Thank you for your confirmation that the image was Fang Mu, Deathblade.
    I was puzzled by it ever since i "saw" Grandmaster Pill Demon, since his robe had the image of a pill furnace in it (and Pill Demon also has it), along with the fact that he is too white-skinned, characteristic of Fang Mu.
  • Tinalynge said:

It wasn't before now I noticed the cauldron symbol on his robe. My mind is blown

Guess, what, if you look closely, the medallion in his hand has the ancient version of the Chinese character 禁, which is what I'm translating as "blacklist".....
    I completely overlooked that. I just focused on his face and assumed that he was holding one of his usual jade slips. Wow, all this while I have been imagining Fang Mu when I've been reading ISSTH and then the picture where he has the Parrot / Meat Jelly on his shoulder to be his disguised appearance. I suddenly feel enlightened. 

Seems like I need to pay a lot more attention to the pictures that are shared in the future.
  • What other novels have arts as well? Or is ISSTH just really popular that it is having art drawn up, I always keep thinking how Chu Feng looks and some decapitating artwork haha
  • What other novels have arts as well? Or is ISSTH just really popular that it is having art drawn up, I always keep thinking how Chu Feng looks and some decapitating artwork haha

This is the front page of book 1. I assume it is Chu Feng. Most novels has official artwork.

I am still in a daze from understanding that Meng Hao does not look like Fang Mu usually. I really need to change my mind about this, since he was so pretty in that first picture..
  • Tinalynge said:

What other novels have arts as well? Or is ISSTH just really popular that it is having art drawn up, I always keep thinking how Chu Feng looks and some decapitating artwork haha

This is the front page of book 1. I assume it is Chu Feng. Most novels has official artwork.

I am still in a daze from understanding that Meng Hao does not look like Fang Mu usually. I really need to change my mind about this, since he was so pretty in that first picture..
    Haha. Honestly, I think all of the various depictions look vastly different. After all, it is just an artist's depiction. I can't help but think of the horrific depictions of the characters on the cover of the Wheel of Time books....
  • Tinalynge said:

What other novels have arts as well? Or is ISSTH just really popular that it is having art drawn up, I always keep thinking how Chu Feng looks and some decapitating artwork haha

honestly a lot of these pictures set him too young. he often gets white or gray hair, i'd like to see a version of him like that.
  • anonpuffs said:

Tinalynge said:

honestly a lot of these pictures set him too young. he often gets white or gray hair, i'd like to see a version of him like that.
    I adore young and very feminine boys so you will never see me complain about the current official artwork. 
    That being said, I would like to see him with white or gray hair, although there is a chance that I would refuse to acknowledge it as Meng Hao if he looks too old.
  • Here are some character archetype art pieces from one of the ISSTH games:

• issth games?
    sorry for my bad english!
  • GrOv3n said:

issth games?

Yeah there's a mobile one and also an online one. I will continue to post more art from both
  • The official Er Gen channel recently released a new item for sale, the Copper Mirror!!!! As for how much it resembles the "real" copper mirror in the story, that is up to your imagination!

• Hmm, the sword he's carrying in those pictures... I wonder if the game lets him join the solitary sword sect.
  • anonpuffs said:

Hmm, the sword he's carrying in those pictures... I wonder if the game lets him join the solitary sword sect.

These aren't supposed to be Meng Hao, these are basically the character pictures you can pick as your character for the game. That having been said, they do have some meaning, but that's a bit TOO spoilerish to explain in this thread haha
  • Are these mobile games exclusive to China?

Oh and at Wang Tengfei, "Dude looks like Lady."
  • have you played the game? it looked pretty terribad
  • No, I have not. I just thought it looked intersting.
  • anonpuffs said:

have you played the game? it looked pretty terribad

It's pretty bad. I'm playing it for the sole purpose of getting the art, which I haven't been able to find anywhere else on the internet...
  • that, sir, is some admirable determination. you might even be able to make your 2nd spirit severing with that much determination...
  • The official Er Gen channel recently released a new item for sale, the Copper Mirror!!!! As for how much it resembles the "real" copper mirror in the story, that is up to your imagination!

shut up and take my money
  • anonpuffs said:

that, sir, is some admirable determination. you might even be able to make your 2nd spirit severing with that much determination...

Well, I might be a translator, but I'm also a fan. Haha!
  • bangjali said:

The official Er Gen channel recently released a new item for sale, the Copper Mirror!!!! As for how much it resembles the "real" copper mirror in the story, that is up to your imagination!

shut up and take my money

Hahaha.
  • edited October 2015
    Its okay, Blade and Soul is out soon for western mortals. Just make a blademaster and name him Meng Hao, and if you squint enough you can imagine it is ISSTH universe. TBH you could probably create meng hao with these images provided to us when BNS is released ;)

As for me, I will create Elder Brother Chen Fan and run around the map being a good guy and manage to talk about completely random yet also, just touching important topics barely enough to reel them in for the midnight talk, well that is if I manage to become a super strong hero that everybody admires.
  • Really loved the pictures depicting characters..
  • Ding Xin

Violet Fate Sect Disciple

Shangguan Xiu

Song Jia

Reliance Sect Main Temple Hall

Yunjie County