Official ISSTH art (contains some spoilers)

Here is some various official ISSTH art. There is other official art depicting characters or scenes that I would consider to be spoilers. I will hold off on posting that until it's appropriate. 

Comments

• dat dog so cute
  • There's a new art piece that came out recently. Considering recent chapter updates, I don't think it's too spoilerish. Here it is:

• Is that the meat jelly or the actual one? That looked immoral!
  • Is that the meat jelly or the actual one? That looked immoral!

LOL. Good question, although I'm guessing it's the real one.
  • I liked the latest art but I'm not sure what the sword is...
  • who the girl?
    on the first picture is that the cauldron 
  • who the girl?

That's was Meng Hao....and that's immoral!!
  • I swear the girl in green clothes looks like the heroine from Zhu xian

• The girl is Xu Qing right?
  • Madness said:

The girl is Xu Qing right?

yep, IIRC it was shown by deathblade or whoever on the translation when
    Meng Hao rescued her from being harassed in the Black Sieve sect

• Oh My God! That pirrot look so immorral! LoL
  • YueChe said:

who the girl?

i know it meng hao but the back ground is that the cauldron that he obtain when he was with the black sieve sect
  • YueChe said:

who the girl?

i know it meng hao but the back ground is that the cauldron that he obtain when he was with the black sieve sect
    or it's possible that
    it is the cauldron within the meat jelly when it transformed into a bag of cosmos

• Love the art, but that new hairstyle doesn't have the "scholar" look that the author keeps describing Meng Hao. It's kind of messy and gives off a rebel look instead.
  • Love the art, but that new hairstyle doesn't have the "scholar" look that the author keeps describing Meng Hao. It's kind of messy and gives off a rebel look instead.

You have to remember, he's not a scholar anymore. People just got that impression due to his mannerisms and how he 'flatter' various heads or people.

Quoting from Meng Hao:
    “I started out as a scholar…” he murmured. “My life is like snow. I can
    only exist in winter. I can yearn for the summer of the mortal world,
    but that is not my life anymore….”
  • What happened to the image used for the index page? I'm pretty sure you added some text to it but I'm kind of curious what the original looks like.
  • Good point. Here's the original.

• Here's another image, the official one from Qidian.com

As you guys can see, despite being official art, they are artists representations. Artists tend to exercise artistic license, so....
  • edited October 2015
    larger res slightly different version of the above

• edited October 2015
    Meng Hao on last picture more looks like womanizer to me. Maybe the artist somehow confuse between Yun Che and Meng Hao

Anyway sister Xu Qing image is too godly/fairy? 
  • edited October 2015
    found this site earlier:

*edit* deleted some characters that haven't appeared yet.

Chen Fan

So, on the site this picture is listed as "Xu Qing." However, I believe it should probably be Chu Yuyan, since she's holding a pill. The only problem with this is that her jewelry and hairstyle matches the other picture of Meng Hao and Xu Qing together. So, make of it what you will.

Similarly, this is labeled "Chu Yuyan"

Shui Dongliu

Blood Devil Sect dude who's been helping Meng Hao in secret

Meng Hao and Xu Qing

Immortal Li
  • The pill she is holding could be the pill Meng Hao gave her before they seperate again the second time to help her with her cultivation.
  • the pill could also be the beauty pill that meng hao gave her back in the reliance sect. i'm pretty sure he gave it back to her when he saved her from being raped
  • These are really beautiful. Could the cover page for the about series page be modify to be one of more awe inspiring images like the first one? Maybe it's just me, but I avoided this series for a awhile because the cover page didn't really inspire anything. Sure it hindsight it make sense, but the artist should of really expanded the background details to invoke a better emotional response as I couldn't help myself from thinking hail hilter or cringing my face at the odd perspective.  Just ignore this comment if it's just me.
  • edited October 2015
    Nvm edited
  • I like Shui Dongliu's art.
  • xiaxinia said:

the pill could also be the beauty pill that meng hao gave her back in the reliance sect. i'm pretty sure he gave it back to her when he saved her from being raped

The pill isn't the only reason I thought it wasn't Xu Qing in the beginning, but good point.
  • Just FYI, a lot of the pictures get attributed to different characters on the different websites. Sometimes people also pull character art from other stories and use them for discussions about another character. I've seen that picture attributed to both Xu Qing and Chu Yuyan on multiple sites, even in discussions on the official Er Gen site.
  • Here's a new seemingly official image that appeared on the internet recently:

P.S. The url links to the ISSTH online game. On the site are some things which could be considered spoilers. So be careful!
  • WoW, he looks so cool here! ~~
    If you'd like more chapters of ISSI or Tales send me a note on patreon!